Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#288384 Mar 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Tom Tom is not speaking from ignorance, but from hate. He's getting back what he's giving out.
And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll.
"And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll."

Right back at ya.
Muddy

Wise, VA

#288385 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. You have no explanation, of course. But it's great to know you question God's Law as He gave it. Heck, you're not even questioning it. You're rejecting it.
God's law does NOT mention abortion!!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288386 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not calling anybody a liar, certainly not God. What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense. I also believe that a woman would probably admit her 'guilt' before she actually drank the water if she believed 'her belly would swell and her genitals would fall off.'
" What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense."

What is the difference?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288387 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I reject the idea that the meaning of the law was to cause an abortion. God who knows you in the womb wouldn't do that.
"You and I"?

You. Not me.

I accept the translations, as explained to you.

What do you expect to gain by lying about me?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288388 Mar 8, 2013
Sorry, Ink. I mean that sincerely. I misread, "Yes and I". Thought it said, "You and I".

Again, my apologies.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288389 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
" What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense."
What is the difference?
You said the bitter water would cause an abortion if the woman has been unfaithful.
I said that is not what the Bible says.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288390 Mar 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes wise one, please educate us dumb ole folks who know nothing.
I do my best!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288391 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"You and I"?
You. Not me.
I accept the translations, as explained to you.
What do you expect to gain by lying about me?
Huh? Are you related to Bitner?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288392 Mar 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me none of 'em can debate the merits of the PC position. Yet it doesn't slow 'em down from forging ahead come hell or high water.
(pun intended)
ha!

You see Ink's conclusion to the entire exchange? Boils down to, "I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't know why."

Incredible.

Wouldn't it be at least the slightest bit honest for her to admit I made my case, even if she doesn't accept it? Did I not give translations with links? Is it invisible to them?

I just..Katie..I don't get these people. It's..I don't know..I want to say dishonest, but deaf, dumb, blind and stupid seem to fit better.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288393 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the bitter water would cause an abortion if the woman has been unfaithful.
I said that is not what the Bible says.
What is the difference? What do you think the Bible "says"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288394 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Are you related to Bitner?
I made a mistake. I apologized. If you see that as cause to attack Bitner, you justify it. Okay?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288395 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I only posted it because I was asked.
The laws were very stringent back then to protect family lines and inheritances. Today, many people don't care or respect whose baby is who's.
I
Those laws don't seem to fit in with the "pro-life" mindset, do they?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288396 Mar 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, after you see what an affair does to many people, then you might agree. I almost put myself down over the deal. Many do -however, I am not a jew, and most laws were written for tbe jew to be a seperate people.
So you get to ignore all of Leviticus because you're not Jewish? What else in the bible does not apply to you, Mr. Cherry Picker?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288397 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
ha!
You see Ink's conclusion to the entire exchange? Boils down to, "I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't know why."
Incredible.
Wouldn't it be at least the slightest bit honest for her to admit I made my case, even if she doesn't accept it? Did I not give translations with links? Is it invisible to them?
I just..Katie..I don't get these people. It's..I don't know..I want to say dishonest, but deaf, dumb, blind and stupid seem to fit better.
One of her posts to you explains about God knowing you in the womb. That she doesn't understand why he'd allow abortion of someone he knew in the womb.

Which, of course, doesn't cover that all things are supposed to be through God. That God has His reasons. That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?

Why is abortion being focused on as if it were an atrocity? Why are so many fetal-focused to the exclusion of all else? Dishonest, deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid seem to amount to Willful Ignorance, imo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#288398 Mar 8, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll."
Right back at ya.
I knew you wouldn't have the integrity to address that question.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#288399 Mar 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you wouldn't have the integrity to address that question.
You want me to address the rest of your post? OK-Petey gets what he dishes out.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288400 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference? What do you think the Bible "says"?
I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile.

16 “And the priest shall bring her near and set her before the Lord. 17 And the priest shall take holy water in an earthenware vessel and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord and vunbind the hair of the woman's head and place in her hands the grain offering of remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. 19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying,‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while you were under your husband's authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. 20 But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, 21 then’(let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) w‘the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell. 22 May this water that brings the curse xpass into your bowels and make your womb swell and your thigh fall away.’ And the woman shall say, y‘Amen, Amen.’

23 “Then the priest shall write these curses in a book and wash them off into the water of bitterness. 24 And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. 25 And the priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the woman's hand zand shall wave the grain offering before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 And the priest ashall take a handful of the grain offering, as its memorial portion, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall make the woman drink the water. 27 And when he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman bshall become a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.6 »

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#288401 Mar 8, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to address the rest of your post? OK-Petey gets what he dishes out.
Is he the one complaining? No, that would be you, hypocritically complaining about one, but not the other.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288402 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile.
16 “And the priest shall bring her near and set her before the Lord. 17 And the priest shall take holy water in an earthenware vessel and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord and vunbind the hair of the woman's head and place in her hands the grain offering of remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. 19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying,‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while you were under your husband's authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. 20 But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, 21 then’(let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) w‘the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell. 22 May this water that brings the curse xpass into your bowels and make your womb swell and your thigh fall away.’ And the woman shall say, y‘Amen, Amen.’
23 “Then the priest shall write these curses in a book and wash them off into the water of bitterness. 24 And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. 25 And the priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the woman's hand zand shall wave the grain offering before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 And the priest ashall take a handful of the grain offering, as its memorial portion, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall make the woman drink the water. 27 And when he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman bshall become a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.6 »
"I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile."

How would those body responses prove her infidelity?

How would she or anyone else know she was sterile?

What if she was sterile before drinking the bitter water; how would that prove anything?

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288403 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
Sorry, Ink. I mean that sincerely. I misread, "Yes and I". Thought it said, "You and I".
Again, my apologies.
I didn't see this, hence my response. Sorry too.

We are just going to disagree on what the Bible means in this instance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 52,973
News Child Sex Charges Filed Against Boca's Paul Dolan 28 min Pufflet 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min Teaman 1,223,226
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,744
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 97,186
News Broward County: 27 suspects captured, charged w... (Feb '08) 11 hr Joyce 7
News Palm Beach County: Two men shot outside strip c... (Oct '07) 13 hr cosmopolitan 76
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]