Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,741 - 270,760 of 305,484 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#288254 Mar 7, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Real women, with real feminine hormones, always put ther needs of their children before their own. That is something all you proabortion pagans cannot grasp or understand.
And most do just that especially when the men with real feminine hormones walk away cuz they ain't got the testes it takes to be a real father.

Location hidden

#288255 Mar 7, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It only proves and reinforces our understanding of what is really important to you proabortion pagans. It is not the care of patients, just pissing off people of Fatih.
You live a sad life. I will pray for your soul and the saftey of those you may care for.
Why don't you go flog yourself? Seriously.

Location hidden

#288256 Mar 7, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Should she have been forced to abort because it was in the contract?
Of course you do bring up an interesting viewpoint. Maybe men and women should sign contracts before they have sex so that each of them fully understand where the other one stands on the issue of abortion. If the man doesn't want a chld, and has a signed contract with the woman that says that she will abort any pregnancy, if she then chooses to continue the pregnancy he should be off the hook for child-support.
Yeah that's a real brilliant idea.........contracts.@@

Location hidden

#288257 Mar 7, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You and other baby-killing "feminists" wish you were born with a penis between your legs.
We'd be pregnant 24/7.

Location hidden

#288259 Mar 7, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just lying. I've never said abortion was murder nor have I ever said it SHOULD be murder.
<quoted text>
Who said I can't bring myself to say natural abortion ? I can say it. The same way I can say natural death ( as opposed to death by homicide). Both, by definition are considered deaths and both result in the cessation of life. But both are hardly comparable.
Just because a miscarriage technically qualifies, by definition, as an abortion, in no manner, shape or form means you can conclude that there is no difference between a naturally occurring abortion and an induced abortion.
That conclusion is absurd and the point you dopey PC's are trying to make in making this ridiculous comparison, remains a mystery.
"It's precisely the difference in the process that qualifies it as a crime.
Your reference to suicide is also not relevant as the comparison has always been a "natural" occurring death vs intentional death caused by outside influence....and the difference between those two."
You are talking about elective abortions here and equating it with homicide (intentional death caused by outside influence. So yeah you are referencing abortion as murder. The only difference is the intent, there is no difference in the process.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288261 Mar 7, 2013
Who said making meth was a sin? Your jesus made wine from water; alcohol is just another drug.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at it that way, the bible doesn't condem building a meth lab.
How about the verse be ye Holy, for I am Holy?
what's Holy about killing the unborn?

Indianapolis

#288262 Mar 7, 2013
I have found no reason to believe in a god--any god--just because someone tells me there is one. There is no evidence that any of them ever existed. Most religious believe THEIR god is real, but dismiss all others; I just take that last step.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're very right about that.
I will say that you seem to live your life, just the way you wish, and believe when we die, we just die and that's that.
I hope your right, but at the same time I know you're wrong.
Now feces can come tell me how I think I know it all, but will be glad to back up your theory of death.
Just like abortion, its a double standard.
This worlds getting worse and worse, and I also realize it must.
it won't be long untill Isreal stands alone, or atleast on earth,but they are going nowhere,and if you're still alive, perhaps when you see how God moves on that tiny plot of land for the sake of His people, and prophesy, it may just begin to soften your hard heart.
It is not your sins, that are seperating you from God, it is your SIN.
I spoke with an atheist on another post today.
He said atheist does not mean they don't believe there is no god, but means there is no god based on anything any theist have shown them thus far.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288263 Mar 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He's told you it's God's law. You responded to it, even.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Why do post as if people haven't responded to you all while acting high and mighty, calling others dummies? You are the one who doesn't directly respond to questions.
I asked if it would be effective to determine the faithfulness of a wife.

No answer so far.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288264 Mar 7, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol...you don't figure anything, ever. That's why you can't follow a simple conversation without having to ask what's going on every few posts. Try to think for yourself,for once. You're one lazy chick.
That's another circular way to not answer a question.
Gtown71

United States

#288265 Mar 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "Holy" about some of the things God did? I'm no bible expert, but God allegedly did some nasty things. God did some mass murdering, so why not let serial killers just use the bible stories as a defense? I can just see it now..."Well God did it".
Well would you agree, "if there is a God ",that He would be God and us just His creation?

God only deals with sin one way, He kills it.

Yes He has had children killed, but He is God, and it stopped the blood line of that particular sec.

All babies go to Heaven, but God is God, we are not, but have no problem playing it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288266 Mar 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "Holy" about some of the things God did? I'm no bible expert, but God allegedly did some nasty things. God did some mass murdering, so why not let serial killers just use the bible stories as a defense? I can just see it now..."Well God did it".
God's punishment of evil and corruption can be fierce.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#288267 Mar 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

All babies go to Heaven........
Is this a fact or a belief?

Let us see if you know the difference.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#288268 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God's punishment of evil and corruption can be fierce.
So gods punishment is holy?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#288269 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shalt not murder.
Where does it say abortion was a common practice?
More children was a safeguard for the community and the continuation of a society. Tell me where it says that the Israelites made a habit of executing their unborn children.
Ok, let's use your "logic" and question what you think the bible says.
Where does it say anything about homosexuality? Not that a 2000 book of hearsay is evidence of anything, but I'm curious to hear your reply.

Indianapolis

#288270 Mar 7, 2013
Your god supposedly killed everyone in sodom and gomorrah (except his favorite incestuous family). He killed the first-born of every egyptian family. He drowned the WORLD'S population except for a few favorites, ensuring that all humans afterwards would be the products of incest (he likes keepin' it in the family.)" EVERY ONE of those people were so sinful they deserved to die?

You worship a psychopathic mad-dog killer. If that is god, I sure as hell can do a better job.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well would you agree, "if there is a God ",that He would be God and us just His creation?
God only deals with sin one way, He kills it.
Yes He has had children killed, but He is God, and it stopped the blood line of that particular sec.
All babies go to Heaven, but God is God, we are not, but have no problem playing it.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288271 Mar 7, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Casey vs PP rejected the RvW trimester framework and recognized:
"...a woman's right to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability and to obtain it without undue interference from the State, whose pre-viability interests are not strong enough to support an abortion prohibition or the imposition of substantial obstacles to the woman's effective right to elect the procedure"
As I posted: Ant-choicers want viability to occur within the first 3 months which would give states the right to impose resistrictions.
This would happen if the trimester framework was struck down.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288272 Mar 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's use your "logic" and question what you think the bible says.
Where does it say anything about homosexuality? Not that a 2000 book of hearsay is evidence of anything, but I'm curious to hear your reply.
Lev 18:22
Lev 20:13
Corinthians 6:9-11
Timothy 1:8-10
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288273 Mar 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How can if forbid abortion when it discusses ways to kill pregnant women? Or even in Exodus, when the 3rd party only needs to pay a fine if he caused an abortion without harming the woman. But it's life for a life if he harms the woman in the process. Still, it seems silly to cause an abortion to prove infidelity. But what can be expected from people who didn't understand biology the way we do?
I understand why it would seem silly to you, especially in this era. However, if you think about it in terms of the importance of lineage and inheritance in those days, it may make more sense.

For example, there is a story regarding inheritance in which it is women who petition the elders for their right to inherit their father's property, as he had no male heir. Zelophehad's daughters/Numbers 27. They won, if you will. Later, the issue was raised that their inheritance would pass on to their husbands, even if from another tribe. So that was decided, thusly:

Numbers 36

6 This is the thing which the Lord doth command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.

7 So shall not the inheritance of the children of Israel remove from tribe to tribe: for every one of the children of Israel shall keep himself to the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers.

8 And every daughter, that possesseth an inheritance in any tribe of the children of Israel, shall be wife unto one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may enjoy every man the inheritance of his fathers.

So, causing a miscarriage/abortion would not just prove infidelity but would also ensure the husband's property not be passed on to another man's heir.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288274 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked if it would be effective to determine the faithfulness of a wife.
No answer so far.
He asked you where your faith is. I agree, The Law of Jealosuies seems silly. But like I said to STO, what can we expect from people in those times? They did not understand biology the way we do. It's easy to see the emotional reasons for believing an abortion from the bitter water would prove infidelity. One emotional argument is not too different from the next, Ink.

Oh, regarding your other post to me, maybe you could research the two plants mentioned. One was pennyroyal, I believe. Look it up. It will provide the info you're looking for; how long it's been used, what it's been used for, why it was used, etc.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288275 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You still have to explain how trying to abort a woman who is probably not pregnant going to prove or disprove her fidelity.
I "have to" explain how God set up the Law so the guilty woman's body would react to the bitter water, while the innocent woman's body would not?

I did. If she is pregnant, she will miscarry.

You are taking a turn into the secular POV. Which, like I said, I'd be happy to discuss with you. Essentially, you are questioning God. Not me. How can any reaction from the woman's body, be it miscarriage or vomiting or a headache, prove infideltiy?

But first thing's first.

Are you taking issue with the evidence I have presented to you regarding Numbers 5 and the translations? If so, what?

You haven't given any reason, so far, which negates the proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,101,322
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Lord Hater 46,374
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 21 min zazz 96,393
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 1 hr AWAKE 2,123
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,087
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,395
Florida ranks third in the nation for hate grou... (Feb '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 360
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info