Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311874 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#288067 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Which line of the KJV refers to pregnancy or abortion in your opinion?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Did you read my post??

Numbers 5:21

I linked you the translations.

WHAT are you missing?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288068 Mar 5, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify. You may have addressed the question but you did not answer it. And in that regard I really should apologize because in fact, there really is no answer. Their statement that they "need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins" and the decision they ended up rendering.....are totally incompatible.
<quoted text>
I don't know what ruling they would have made. That would be pure speculation. What I do know is they would have had to know for certain that life did NOT exist prior to viability for them to have made the decision they did.
<quoted text>
That is not what they were referring to when they mentioned the "difficult question of when LIFE begins".
<quoted text>
THAT is what they were referring to.
<quoted text>
By rendering a decision that gave women the right to choose to legally abort prior to viability without restriction and without the need for justification, they were effectively saying that life did NOT exist prior to viability. For if it did and/or if there was a possibility it did ( they acknowledged that possibility existed when they said they could not resolve the question of when life begins ) then they would have been compelled to protect it.
Just one of the reasons ( not the only one ) why RvW was a terrible decision.
"By rendering a decision that gave women the right to choose to legally abort prior to viability without restriction and without the need for justification, they were effectively saying that life did NOT exist prior to viability."

I think the Court had to know that life exists prior to viability, it just came down to not labeling that life a person or human "being". Ultimately, if they had ruled against RvW they would have made the woman's rights secondary to the z/e/f's.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288069 Mar 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she miscomprehended and assumed fetus was born and hooked up to ALS and still a fetus. See below.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Imo, you were clear. You used the word "delivered". "Fetus" + "delivered" = newborn.

Ink just responded to a post of mine where I give her a specific chapter and verse. She responds again asking for the same chapter and verse. WTH?
worships reality

United States

#288070 Mar 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the medical examiner didn't make any statements,(his/her flunky did) and there was NO autopsy - the ME likely didn't even see the child, thanks but I'll take the spokesman for the family's word, and the statements of the hospital over what was clearly an erronious report, ONLY being reported by some cut rate "news" sources.
now you're just being foolish. ellen borakove is hardly a "flunky". she is the director of public affairs and the official spokesperson of the nyc office of chief medical examiner. anything she says is the official position of the ocme and is carefully screened before its released.
you keep mentioning official hospital reports but you've yet to provide even one. just statements from newspaper reporters. the only quote you've provided so far is the neighbor. what is he, a tax accountant? an assistant plumber?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288071 Mar 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Num 5:21 Then the priest 3548 shall charge 7650 the woman 802 with an oath 7621 of cursing 423, and the priest 3548 shall say 559 unto the woman 802, The LORD 3068 make 5414 thee a curse 423 and an oath 7621 among 8432 thy people 5971, when the LORD 3068 doth make 5414 thy thigh 3409 to rot 5307, and thy belly 990 to swell 6639
rot
H5307 = to fall
Read the defintion. About a third down you will see...
"Specially to fall is used of -(a) a fetus which is born"
Then a few more lines down...
"In Chaldee, specially is used of an abortion"
Read the rest of that portion of the definition and you'll see Numbers 5:21 is used as an example.
Sorry. It wouldn't let me copy and paste the Hebrew defintion. But you can check for yourself.
My apologies. I forgot to include the link.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288072 Mar 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, you were clear. You used the word "delivered". "Fetus" + "delivered" = newborn.
Ink just responded to a post of mine where I give her a specific chapter and verse. She responds again asking for the same chapter and verse. WTH?
Fetus + delivered= newborn
Fetus + delivered not viable= newborn?
Fetus+ delivered stillborn= newborn?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288073 Mar 5, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
now you're just being foolish. ellen borakove is hardly a "flunky". she is the director of public affairs and the official spokesperson of the nyc office of chief medical examiner. anything she says is the official position of the ocme and is carefully screened before its released.
you keep mentioning official hospital reports but you've yet to provide even one. just statements from newspaper reporters. the only quote you've provided so far is the neighbor. what is he, a tax accountant? an assistant plumber?
He's a community organizerhe can say whatever he wants. ME's office is the authority.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#288074 Mar 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

(have terrible headache, think it's nap time)
xoxo
Katie

Auburn, WA

#288075 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus + delivered= newborn
Fetus + delivered not viable= newborn?
Fetus+ delivered stillborn= newborn?
Yeah, all delivered babies are newborns, even the dead ones. What are you thinking, Ink? Are you going to claim an embryo is a newborn? That a fetus is a newborn?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288076 Mar 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies. I forgot to include the link.
This is what you gave me

a)(Qal)

1) to fall

2) to fall (of violent death)

3) to fall prostrate, prostrate oneself before

4) to fall upon, attack, desert, fall away to , go away to, fall into the hand of

5) to fall short, fail, fall out, turn out, result

6) to settle, waste away, be offered, be inferior to

7) to lie, lie prostrate

b)(Hiphil)

1) to cause to fall, fell, throw down, knock out, lay prostrate

2) to overthrow

3) to make the lot fall, assign by lot, apportion by lot

4) to let drop, cause to fail (fig.)

5) to cause to fall

c)(Hithpael)

1) to throw or prostrate oneself, throw oneself upon

2) to lie prostrate, prostrate oneself

d)(Pilel) to fall
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288077 Mar 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, all delivered babies are newborns, even the dead ones. What are you thinking, Ink? Are you going to claim an embryo is a newborn? That a fetus is a newborn?
I'm thinking about the fetuses that are aborted through forced early delivery. According to you, those are also newborns.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288079 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you gave me
a)(Qal)
1) to fall
2) to fall (of violent death)
3) to fall prostrate, prostrate oneself before
4) to fall upon, attack, desert, fall away to , go away to, fall into the hand of
5) to fall short, fail, fall out, turn out, result
6) to settle, waste away, be offered, be inferior to
7) to lie, lie prostrate
b)(Hiphil)
1) to cause to fall, fell, throw down, knock out, lay prostrate
2) to overthrow
3) to make the lot fall, assign by lot, apportion by lot
4) to let drop, cause to fail (fig.)
5) to cause to fall
c)(Hithpael)
1) to throw or prostrate oneself, throw oneself upon
2) to lie prostrate, prostrate oneself
d)(Pilel) to fall
Seriously, Ink? C'mon...

Scroll down to where it says, "Gesenius's Lexicon". Then click the blue letters that read, "Click Here for the Rest of Entry"

That is the printed text you would have found in the actual tangible book. That is what I could not copy and paste.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#288080 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about the fetuses that are aborted through forced early delivery. According to you, those are also newborns.
Aborted through forced early delivery? D&X procedure? Not exactly the same thing, convoluted Catholic unapologetic woman. There you go, making distinctions where none exist and not seeing distinctions where they do exist.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#288081 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From news press now
The child had been delivered by cesarean section after his parents were killed. The baby weighed only about 4 pounds when he was delivered, neighbors and friends said. He died of extreme prematurity, the city medical examiner's office said.
Since there was no autopsy, why would you take the word of people that never examined the child over the hospital statement and that of the spokesperson FOR the family?

The facts will come out in the trial.

You will be wrong as usual.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288083 Mar 5, 2013
Num 5:21 Then the priest 3548 shall charge 7650 the woman 802 with an oath 7621 of cursing 423, and the priest 3548 shall say 559 unto the woman 802, The LORD 3068 make 5414 thee a curse 423 and an oath 7621 among 8432 thy people 5971, when the LORD 3068 doth make 5414 thy thigh 3409 to rot 5307, and thy belly 990 to swell 6639

rot

H5307 = to fall

Gensenius's Lexicon:

Read the defintion. About a third down you will see...

"Specially to fall is used of -(a) a fetus which is born"

Then a few more lines down...

"In Chaldee, specially is used of an abortion"

Read the rest of that portion of the definition and you'll see Numbers 5:21 is used as an example.

Sorry. It wouldn't let me copy and paste the Hebrew defintion. But you can check for yourself.

I corrected my original post to include link. I added "Gensenius's Lexicon" to direct the reader where to look for definition of translated word : rot (in English). naphal = Hebrew

Hope that's clear enough.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288084 Mar 5, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there was no autopsy, why would you take the word of people that never examined the child over the hospital statement and that of the spokesperson FOR the family?
The facts will come out in the trial.
You will be wrong as usual.
What hospital statement?

Yes I would listen to the ME and so will the court over the family spokesman.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288085 Mar 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Aborted through forced early delivery? D&X procedure? Not exactly the same thing, convoluted Catholic unapologetic woman. There you go, making distinctions where none exist and not seeing distinctions where they do exist.
I know a girl who's baby was defective and was induced and delivered at five and a half months. Is that a baby?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#288086 Mar 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I have nfi what you're trying to get at. The conversation with Doc and STO was about Doc's contention with the phrase "reaching viability". If a fetus is determined to be viable and goes through childbirth, is hooked up to ALS, but still doesn't make it, that means it didn't "reach viability". Viability means ability to survive outside the womb.
Your inane question above leads me to believe all survived outside the womb whether they were attached to ALS or not. Which would mean all were viable.
<shaking head, grabbing tylenol>
Why can't you answer my questions?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#288087 Mar 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, Ink? C'mon...
Scroll down to where it says, "Gesenius's Lexicon". Then click the blue letters that read, "Click Here for the Rest of Entry"
That is the printed text you would have found in the actual tangible book. That is what I could not copy and paste.
Ink isn't very intelligent. I am most doubtful she's intellectually honest OR smart enough to follow those simple directions.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#288088 Mar 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What hospital statement?
Yes I would listen to the ME and so will the court over the family spokesman.
Since there was no autopsy, there will be no ME testimony.

The court will rely on what the hospital tell's them happened, just as the family spokesperson did.

But please, feel free to keep ignoring the FACT that at 7 months gestation, a birth is NOT considered "extreme prematurity".

Obviously they were mistaken, if they even made the statement at all. Its not like "news" hasn't made up sound bites before just to have something to say.

Your claim of a 5.5 month old birth would be "extreme prematurity".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,432,273
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 61,479
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 71,055
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr zazz 98,198
Anthony Rosser, Mike Spinella, Andrew Rosser & ... (Mar '16) Sun Moron 55
News Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School custodians... (May '09) Sun MrTripsOnTheory 191
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages