Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,221 - 270,240 of 305,393 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
God

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's apparently forgotten that it was Judaism where that practice began. They are hardly "Pagan".
Sunday afternoon and Bitner, cpeter and fat moon are posting about killing babies and abortions like they do everyday. Pretty pathetic

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why be so critical of a sinner who has repented and is trying to tell us how meanful it was to him and how God has changed his life?
I absolutely think it's great that he found God. However, I just don't feel he's qualified to lecture anyone about the sanctity of marriage, fidelity, God and sin considering his background. Perhaps it's the cynic in me but I've always found folks who find God after doing a whole lot of questionable things, which caused them to get in trouble(in this case, a long term extra-marital affair that resulted in a child being born into that), to be rather interesting, if you will for a lack of a better word.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely think it's great that he found God. However, I just don't feel he's qualified to lecture anyone about the sanctity of marriage, fidelity, God and sin considering his background. Perhaps it's the cynic in me but I've always found folks who find God after doing a whole lot of questionable things, which caused them to get in trouble(in this case, a long term extra-marital affair that resulted in a child being born into that), to be rather interesting, if you will for a lack of a better word.
What kind of qualifications does one need to share his feelings and experiences?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

feces for bhitler wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, how many butter and bacon sandwiches do you eat to keep up your gargantuan figure? Do you slather on the feces for more flavor?
Go peddle your shallow hatred and jealousy elsewhere, Admitted Liar. You have no credibility here.

And remember, I can always lose weight, but you'll always be ugly inside.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
To sum it up, the concept of "potentially viable" may only be applied to the the natural womb -- like you said. However, a fetus at the same gestational stage in the hypothetical artifical womb would be considered "viable", even tho, in reality it is "potentially viable". In both scenarios, the fetus would have to "reach viability".
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there's anything we disagree on here. The bottom line here is that outside of the concept of the not yet plausible "artificial womb" the concept of "reaching viability" with medical assistance, outside the natural womb, is impossible.
Hear that Kate ?
Yeah I hear you believe that VIABILITY in concept applies only to the gestating fetus. I hear you believe it has no practicality being applied to a micropreemie or other premature newborns; even those who don't survive.

To me it seems like you're splitting hairs just for the sake of splitting hair. Or being contentious just for the sake of being contentious.

I maintain, a fetus determined to be viable who is delivered and attached to ALS, but dies anyway, was obviously not viable. It was unable to survive outside the womb.

Back to splitting hair -- I have interchanged VIABLE and SURVIVE throughout this yearS long discussion/disagreement. I do not believe it's been wrong to do so.

Limit of Viability
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM1993...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you really have your panties in a knot, don't you. I never said PP lied about breast screenings. Go back and look.
No, I don't have my "panties in a knot".

I wasn't counting you among the liars there.

Your deflecting, but that's no surprise. I knew you wouldn't actually address my post.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just trying to find out if you were a complete numbskull.
Gee even the president tells us his opinion on the subject.
Good for him. Why would I care what he says?

Sorry, Witless, you are the "numbskull". You prove that with every post.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

God wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday afternoon and Bitner, cpeter and fat moon are posting about killing babies and abortions like they do everyday. Pretty pathetic
I'm not posting about killing babies, Liar. Why is God such a liar? And what has the day to do with anything?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of qualifications does one need to share his feelings and experiences?
Hi "Ink!"

How are you?
I'm feeling much better--thank you for your concern.

:)

My friend, I fear you've misunderstood "Michelle's" post(or perhaps I have!)
She wasn't--I believe--referring to "Gtown's" so-called "qualifications," but his rather "sneering," "condescending," "judgmental" attitude towards those whom are "guilty" of the same "sins" that he's already admitted to being guilty of...

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with sharing feelings and experiences. However, when someone lectures folks about the sanctity of marriage, God and sin, I'm going to take what they say with a whole barrel of salt when they've carried on a long term extra-marital affair that resulted in the birth of a child.

Let me put it this way, if it were me, and for the record I abhor infidelity so I'm really reaching to put myself in his shoes, and I had an affair that resulted in me getting pregnant, I would be EXTREMELY thankful that my husband was a forgiving man and would be willing to raise another mans child as his own. After all that, when I found God, I would've also gone on a search to find humility because the last thing I would do is share that experience because I'd be so embarrassed for all of the pain I caused my husband, I'd be so embarrased that I have to explain to my child that the man who is raising him/her that their daddy is not their father and I'd have to explain the circumstances of their conception. I most definitely would *not* have the audacity to lecture and speak down to people about the sanctity of marriage, fidelity, God and sin because I would not feel I'm qualified to speak on those things when I did not respect the vows I took with my husband as I didn't just have a one night stand; I carried on a long term affair and had no choice to come clean when I became pregnant. Not only that, I would most definitely NOT lecture folks about God and sin when it was *my* sin that caused all of my problems and caused others a whole lot of hurt and pain.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

bhiler wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, how many butter and bacon sandwiches do you eat to keep up your gargantuan figure? Do you slather on the tomatoes and lettuce for more flavor?
Enjoy your lunch.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Ink!"
How are you?
She wasn't--I believe--referring to "Gtown's" so-called "qualifications," but his rather "sneering," "condescending," "judgmental" attitude towards those whom are "guilty" of the same "sins" that he's already admitted to being guilty of...
Hi John! How are you? For the most part, you're correct in that assessment. It goes a bit beyond that and I hope I broke it down more in the response I wrote for Ink.:o)
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah. It's a matter of perspective. I read your posts, decided I didn't need to respond. What's the point anyway? Besides being contentious just for the sake of being contentious?
Artificial wombs and artificial surfactant will create changes in the medical diagnosis of viability. As long as the courts remain at a distance without having a determining factor in it (as you've predicted will be), then all is well in the world.
There is no such thing as an artificial womb.
God

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Go peddle your shallow hatred and jealousy elsewhere, Admitted Liar. You have no credibility here.
And remember, I can always lose weight, but you'll always be ugly inside.
Really? Over 55,700 posts on killing babies and you are not ugly inside?

Get some counseling for your delusions please.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Ink!"
How are you?
Could be some of his posts were like that. It is hard to be in a place that you think is better than where you were before and not sound judgemental because you are in effect, judging your old lifestyle.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with sharing feelings and experiences. However, when someone lectures folks about the sanctity of marriage, God and sin, I'm going to take what they say with a whole barrel of salt when they've carried on a long term extra-marital affair that resulted in the birth of a child.
Let me put it this way, if it were me, and for the record I abhor infidelity so I'm really reaching to put myself in his shoes, and I had an affair that resulted in me getting pregnant, I would be EXTREMELY thankful that my husband was a forgiving man and would be willing to raise another mans child as his own. After all that, when I found God, I would've also gone on a search to find humility because the last thing I would do is share that experience because I'd be so embarrassed for all of the pain I caused my husband, I'd be so embarrased that I have to explain to my child that the man who is raising him/her that their daddy is not their father and I'd have to explain the circumstances of their conception. I most definitely would *not* have the audacity to lecture and speak down to people about the sanctity of marriage, fidelity, God and sin because I would not feel I'm qualified to speak on those things when I did not respect the vows I took with my husband as I didn't just have a one night stand; I carried on a long term affair and had no choice to come clean when I became pregnant. Not only that, I would most definitely NOT lecture folks about God and sin when it was *my* sin that caused all of my problems and caused others a whole lot of hurt and pain.
Okay, I understand your point and I believe that you have to careful in the way you come across even if you think you are trying to be helpful. You don't help anyone if you only turn them off.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my brother, you're wrong.
It doesn't bother me at all, if the people that think I'm a phony christian, and view you as an example of a "good " christian.
You say I twist scripture? Yet you are the one that says numbers tells us aborting a human life is ok? L o l
So sto, all your friends that don't believe in Jesus Christ -what happens to them when they die?
I'm right. You twist scripture. You accuse without cause or reason.

You ask me questions you should know the answers to. Read your Bible. If it's a KJV, use a Strong's. You're self-righteious and you're lazy. Two excellent reasons no one should listen to you.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John! How are you? For the most part, you're correct in that assessment. It goes a bit beyond that and I hope I broke it down more in the response I wrote for Ink.:o)
Milady!

It's been a very welcome pleasure to "see" you here again!
You have been sorely missed.
You not merely "broke-that-down," but described that sentiment in such a thoroughly evocative manner/scenario that I doubt that any serious poster will be able to dismiss it.

Now, on a more serious--and probably "sour" note--I don't believe that I ever gave you permission to use that photo of me wearing the Mousketeer ears.
I thought we'd agreed that that was a "private" picture.

I can barely contain my disappointment...

;P
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Does anyone know that MLK was born Michael King?

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be some of his posts were like that. It is hard to be in a place that you think is better than where you were before and not sound judgemental because you are in effect, judging your old lifestyle.
Fair point.

I suppose we can "chalk this up" to the reaction that an ex smoker or drinker has when he/she views those whom are still "addicted."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info