Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311187 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#287555 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know how a christian should act? It would be like me calling you a bad gay guy, even though ai don't have a clue what a good gay guy looks like.
A good gay guy acts like any good person acts like. What does a good Christian act like? The "Christians" here don't act like what I was taught a Christian should be. I grew up in a Christian house.... Aren't you supposed to emulate Christ? One doesn't have to be a Christian to know that you shouldn't act the way most Christians behave here.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#287556 Mar 1, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text> To it? Wow, such disrespect.
You're looking for disrespect where none was intended. I said "it" instead of assigning a gender as gender is irrelevant to the discussion.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowadays not too many young girls would try to raise the BABY.
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Many young girls do keep and raise their child.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Crisis pregnancy centers would help the girl with material things and a counselor . I am sure that there is a counselor for the girl and parents.
That's great.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Around here a young girl decides not to abort and not to have her child adopt, the grandparents help out, so much they end up adopting the baby.
You just contradicted yourself. If the grandparents adopt the child, it's still considered adoption.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
It is selfish for her to think she can raise a child in todays world and end up giving the baby to the grandparents, most young girls would opt for adoption.
In an earlier post, you feel abortion is selfish and now you feel it's selfish for a young girl to keep and raise her child instead of giving it up for adoption. May I ask in what situation do you feel it's *not* selfish for a girl/woman to keep and raise her child?
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a reason for abstinence . Parents need to teach that pre marital sex is wrong.
Abstinence is great but not realistic. Teens are going to have sex whether or not their parents approve. I would rather teens know about safer sex practices so that if they decide to go ahead and have sex, despite their parents objections, at least they know how to protect themselves in order to reduce the risks of STD's and pregnancy. Keeping them ignorant of such practices does *not* stop them from having sex, they just have unprotected sex and put themselves at risk for STD's and pregnancy.

Location hidden

#287557 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So your friend sto, is more like Jesus had in mind?
People that have never had kids can tell folks how kids should be raised, so are they right?
Why not? Just being a parent doesn't make you better at it than a non-parent who is smarter or more stable or more sensible than you. I know some moms and dads who are clueless, don't you?

Location hidden

#287558 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a statement, from someone who defends a womans right to "reset " her life, by taking that of an unborn child.
Don't you think if abortion was illegal, and even carried big penalties, that women would try and be more like you atheist, and get it right the first time?
No. Absolutely not. Look at what is happening in countries, where abortion is illegal and punishable. Besides, making it illegal would be wrong, if we are Americans. The Supreme Court decision means something, honey. Read it. Why are you so repelled by educating yourself?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287559 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a human (other than yourself) who you'd try to save from being killed?
Of course. Many. But not by removing someone else's right to decide what will, and will not, happen inside their own uterus. And not by forcing them to act as life support for someone else against their will.

And guess what? Whining on a message board saves no one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287560 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "Why would Wiccans have hospitals"
So, you're saying there are no Wiccan or Atheist hospitals?
20% of patients in America are treated at Catholic hospitals.
Catholic Charities also helps more poor & needy than any other organization in the world.
You attack the Catholic Church, but you must admit it does a lot of good in this world.
Bhitler: "Why would Wiccans have hospitals"
You haven't answered the question. In fact, you left part of it off. How typically dishonest of you.

And you also haven't answered where your 20% figure comes from.

You're deflecting.

Any good done is outweighed by covering up for, and enabling, child rapists. Period.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287562 Mar 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No. Absolutely not. Look at what is happening in countries, where abortion is illegal and punishable. Besides, making it illegal would be wrong, if we are Americans. The Supreme Court decision means something, honey. Read it. Why are you so repelled by educating yourself?
You'll forgive me, but this one has his head up his ass. I already pointed out the fact that in countries where it's illegal, the rates are near our own, but that in Canada where it's not restricted, the rates are lower than here. He ignored it completely.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#287563 Mar 1, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're looking for disrespect where none was intended. I said "it" instead of assigning a gender as gender is irrelevant to the discussion.
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Many young girls do keep and raise their child.
<quoted text>
That's great.
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself. If the grandparents adopt the child, it's still considered adoption.
<quoted text>
In an earlier post, you feel abortion is selfish and now you feel it's selfish for a young girl to keep and raise her child instead of giving it up for adoption. May I ask in what situation do you feel it's *not* selfish for a girl/woman to keep and raise her child?
<quoted text>
Abstinence is great but not realistic. Teens are going to have sex whether or not their parents approve. I would rather teens know about safer sex practices so that if they decide to go ahead and have sex, despite their parents objections, at least they know how to protect themselves in order to reduce the risks of STD's and pregnancy. Keeping them ignorant of such practices does *not* stop them from having sex, they just have unprotected sex and put themselves at risk for STD's and pregnancy.
Abstinence has worked for thousands of years. What stopped them from having sex is we actually had respect for ourselves, we knew it was wrong, we had a father and mother who taught it was wrong. This was going on in society for thousands of years. Yep, thousands of years and now all of a sudden its wrong to teach your kids morals.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287564 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
20% of patients in America are treated at Catholic hospitals.
Bullshit.

Annually, there were 129 million people seen in hospitals in 2011.

http://www.aha.org/research/index.shtml

Catholic hospitals serve only 5.5 million annually.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/he...

Sorry Stinky, that's not 20%.
Catholic Charities also helps more poor & needy than any other organization in the world.
No they dont. That would be United Way.

http://www.forbes.com/top-charities/
You attack the Catholic Church, but you must admit it does a lot of good in this world.
Any organization that's harmed as many chilren and DELIBERATELY is STILL hiding it, is one the world could do without.

Have they dont good? Yes. Have they also done great harm? YES.

Ratzi the Nazi not being in charge anymore is a good start at mending their ways.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#287565 Mar 1, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Abstinence has worked for thousands of years. What stopped them from having sex is we actually had respect for ourselves, we knew it was wrong, we had a father and mother who taught it was wrong. This was going on in society for thousands of years. Yep, thousands of years and now all of a sudden its wrong to teach your kids morals.
Premarital sex is not anything new. People were having sex before the concept of marriage occurred. I would think the main reason it was discouraged is because women were considered property. A lot of worth was placed on a womans virginity. A lot of marriages were arranged, not out of a love match, and it was done to combine different families for different reasons(bloodlines, wealth, etc). While it was ok, and even encouraged, for men to be promiscuous even after marriage, it was highly discouraged for a woman to do so. While a man was free to be sexual with as many women as he wished, there's no way he'd be ok with it for his wife and that probably has to do with ensuring that the children she bore were his.

The difference between then and now is that, for the most part, people kept their sexual activities between themselves whereas now, it's more out in the open. Because of that, I really don't think you can say folks were more "moral" back then especially when you do research, you can find that even in antiquity, people were doing some downright freaky things just like they do today.
Gtown71

United States

#287566 Mar 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that stupid that you think that anyone who disagrees with you, or your religious insanity is an atheist?
Btw, you're the one who's full of feces for Jesus.
No, just you. Looks like someone liked my feces for atheist name. ;)
The fool said in his heart, there is no God.

I may be a fool for Jesus, but you're just a fool.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287567 Mar 1, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying Jesus Christ is corrupt? He is, the founder of the Roman Catholic Church.
Why do people do that? You say one thing and somebody comes back with "so you're saying". No, I said the RCC has been corrupt since it began. The Catholic church teaches JC was the founder but this isn't true. The CC teaches Peter was the first Pope, and it also teaches that Popes cannot marry and Peter married. So Peter was not the first Pope or Peter went against the beliefs of the CC and married. So, corrupt since it began which is what I said.

Location hidden

#287568 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just you. Looks like someone liked my feces for atheist name. ;)
The fool said in his heart, there is no God.
I may be a fool for Jesus, but you're just a fool.
You're not a fool for jesus, you're a Jackass for jesus. AND just a jackass.
Gtown71

United States

#287569 Mar 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "they"? I defend people's freedom to make their own decisions...and that includes you, too. You have the right to make your choices and other people have the right to make their choices...and I have the right to make my choices.
Correct!:)

Before God woke me up, in every way -I was For Abortion, not just womens right to choose, but FOR abortion.

I thought just like many pro choice folks here now do.

I thought most kids were better off anyway, and where would they all live, we have to many people in the world now, and if they will have a hard life, they are better off dead.

Yet now "since " God woke me up, I realize It is Not my call to make.

Yet I always knew they were babies being killed, before and after Jesus saved my sorry butt.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287570 Mar 1, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You speculated that the doctors took too long in treating the woman. Your point being....?
Yeah they took too long because the fetus wasn't dead at the time even tho the miscarriage was imminent and they told her that. She requested an abortion at that point but since the fetus was still alive they refused the abortion. By the time the fetus died on a Wednesday, they still had not removed the remains and the woman died of sepsis 4 days later. An autopsy showed she died of sepsis.

Location hidden

#287572 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Before God woke me up, in every way -I was For Abortion, not just womens right to choose, but FOR abortion.
I thought most kids were better off anyway, and where would they all live, we have to many people in the world now, and if they will have a hard life, they are better off dead.
Yet I always knew they were babies being killed, before and after Jesus saved my sorry butt.
@@ You're so full of shit.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#287573 Mar 1, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Premarital sex is not anything new. People were having sex before the concept of marriage occurred. I would think the main reason it was discouraged is because women were considered property. A lot of worth was placed on a womans virginity. A lot of marriages were arranged, not out of a love match, and it was done to combine different families for different reasons(bloodlines, wealth, etc). While it was ok, and even encouraged, for men to be promiscuous even after marriage, it was highly discouraged for a woman to do so. While a man was free to be sexual with as many women as he wished, there's no way he'd be ok with it for his wife and that probably has to do with ensuring that the children she bore were his.
The difference between then and now is that, for the most part, people kept their sexual activities between themselves whereas now, it's more out in the open. Because of that, I really don't think you can say folks were more "moral" back then especially when you do research, you can find that even in antiquity, people were doing some downright freaky things just like they do today.
Most people lived a moral life in the past and present. We had names for girls and guys that messed around. No one wanted to have a reputation . In reality our lives are boring compared to the books you must read. Maybe you need to have your uncle, you know the Deacon, sit you down and tell you about right from wrong and make sure he teaches your son. Many clergy have revisited the thought of the devil coming back and causing problems right before Christ comes back, many clergy think that time is now. Go find a role model for your son, maybe find a detective and seek out the kids dad and start teaching morals to him. If you need any help, seek your uncle, the Deacon or go watch Duck Dynasty and read the book that is written about the Robertson family. We need more role models like them .

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#287574 Mar 1, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Most people lived a moral life in the past and present. We had names for girls and guys that messed around. No one wanted to have a reputation . In reality our lives are boring compared to the books you must read. Maybe you need to have your uncle, you know the Deacon, sit you down and tell you about right from wrong and make sure he teaches your son. Many clergy have revisited the thought of the devil coming back and causing problems right before Christ comes back, many clergy think that time is now. Go find a role model for your son, maybe find a detective and seek out the kids dad and start teaching morals to him. If you need any help, seek your uncle, the Deacon or go watch Duck Dynasty and read the book that is written about the Robertson family. We need more role models like them .
We went from discussing the selfishness of women who have abortions and who refuse to give their children up for adoption to discussing how teens will have sex regardless of how their parents feel about it to how premarital sex has been going on since antiquity and now you've went off on a tangent about reading material and brought up my family, which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Speaking of which, where does the assumption that I don't know where my sons father is come from? I don't speak often of him but when I do, I've made it very clear that he, and his family, are very involved in my son's life.

And you keep speaking of morality but as I said before, morality is very subjective. Your version of morality may not be someone elses version of morality and vice versa. That doesn't mean either of you are right or wrong. If the Good Lord has a problem with your morals, my morals or someone elses morals, He'll judge each and every one of us accordingly come our judgement day.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287575 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bullsh*t.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#287576 Mar 1, 2013
Republicans co-wrote the abortion bill. So they are just as much to blame as anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min Nuculur option 1,383,244
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,604
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Tzu 98,045
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr tina anne 59,496
News South Florida ports see mixed results in first ... Tue Jayne 1
News Broward prepares another tow truck crackdown to... Tue Jayne 1
News Man shot at Deerfield Beach home identified Tue Jayne 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages