Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287341 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, no, PP clinics do NOT perform 3800 abortions per day. They perform 914 per day. That was established yesterday.
To recap; the number of abortions in this country per year ranges from 800,000 to 1.2 million. THAT number amounts to slightly over 3800 per day. The number of abortions performed by PP clinics for the latest recorded year was 333,964. And THAT number reduces to 914 per day, spread out among those of the 820 clinics that operate under Planned Parenthood. Feel free to do the math yourself. PP clinics are the single largest provider, at 28% of abortions done, ONLY because they are the only organization that has multiple clinics under it's name. The REST of the 72% of abortions are provided by privately owned clinics and hospitals.
Two, I have not denied that they perform abortions. YOU are in denial that they do not ONLY perform abortions. They are healthcare clinics, providing many medical services, and abortion is only a small fraction of what they provide.
Three, the deal was your erroneous implication that pregnant women only go to PP clinics to have abortions, which is disproven by the fact that there are PP clinics that also offer prenatal care.
1.2 million a year over 30 years. So you are proud to support the right to have killed over 30 million unobrn babies. You feminists are disgusting. Does your endorsement of the abomination of abortion ever weigh on your conscience? Do pagans even know what a conscience is?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287342 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
All you've done tonight is claim the emotional phrases used by the PLM is wrong. And these are. I've never said otherwise. It's wrong to refer to a fetus as unborn baby/child. But you guys do it every f'n day and act all indignant and claim it is dehumanizing to refer to the fetus as a fetus.
But somehow this means I'm a hypocrite?
Your entire "argument" lacks logic. You came at me with an absurd question, didn't like my answer, then tried to fling crap and make it stick. It aint working, Sue.
Explain yourself.
Actually this all started because I said that it was wrong for the man in the article to be charged with assulting an unborn child.

"But somehow this means I'm a hypocrite?"

If I posted an article that stated that a woman was charged with assulting an unborn child, in relation to her having an abortion, I would have immediately been told that there are no unborn children. What is the difference?
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287343 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Peterson would've been charged with killing his "unborn child" if his wife was still in the first trimester?
If the Coroner finds that the mother is pregnanat, yes he would be charged with killing the unborn child. No, they would not have the pagan feminist argument about what week the child was in development. In the real world, that is not considered wehn one kills an unborn child.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#287344 Feb 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That issue has been discussed and explained and clarified. If the woman has the intention of keeping the pregnancy, one can be indicted on charges against the fetus.
Wrong. One can also be indicted on charges against the fetus if a woman is assaulted in a clinic waiting room awaiting to abort an unwanted fetus.

The woman was almost full term and obviously had emotional and physical investment in her pregnancy. It is about the woman and her rights.
Under Fetal Homicide Laws the fetus has legal rights. Limited yes and only for the purpose of that law, but legal rights nonetheless.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287345 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this all started because I said that it was wrong for the man in the article to be charged with assulting an unborn child.
"But somehow this means I'm a hypocrite?"
If I posted an article that stated that a woman was charged with assulting an unborn child, in relation to her having an abortion, I would have immediately been told that there are no unborn children. What is the difference?
What is the difference between what? The embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus whether pregnancy is accepted or rejected.

If pregnancy is accepted by the woman, the embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus even while pregnant woman thinks of it as her baby. Still, medically, it's an embryo/fetus.

If pregnancy is rejected by the woman, the embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus even while pregnant woman makes her appointment to terminate the pregnancy and thinks of it as a blob of cells. Still, medically, it's an embryo/fetus.

Now, where your question lies regarding fetal homicide laws, it's still an embryo/fetus. Regardless. If woman accepted pregnancy, began to refer to her embryo/fetus as a baby and planned for its delivery, but some 3rd party jerk came along out of the woodwork and caused fetal injury or death, the woman is allowed recourse for the loss or injury of her embryo/fetus. If woman dies, her family is allowed recourse.

Again, where is the hypocrisy? It's not with me or my side.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#287346 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Peterson would've been charged with killing his "unborn child" if his wife was still in the first trimester?
In California ? Yes.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287347 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between what? The embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus whether pregnancy is accepted or rejected.
If pregnancy is accepted by the woman, the embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus even while pregnant woman thinks of it as her baby. Still, medically, it's an embryo/fetus.
If pregnancy is rejected by the woman, the embryo/fetus remains an embryo/fetus even while pregnant woman makes her appointment to terminate the pregnancy and thinks of it as a blob of cells. Still, medically, it's an embryo/fetus.
Now, where your question lies regarding fetal homicide laws, it's still an embryo/fetus. Regardless. If woman accepted pregnancy, began to refer to her embryo/fetus as a baby and planned for its delivery, but some 3rd party jerk came along out of the woodwork and caused fetal injury or death, the woman is allowed recourse for the loss or injury of her embryo/fetus. If woman dies, her family is allowed recourse.
Again, where is the hypocrisy? It's not with me or my side.
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a fetus, and it should be a lesser crime because there was no child involved. If it isn't a crime for a woman, or abortionist, to assult a fetus then it shouldn't be a crime for anyone else.I

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#287348 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know you don't have a friend who is a mod? Clearly the posts of mine that were removed were the ones where I had answered your questions. Not any of the others, at all. Go figure.
So now you're NOT denying that you said I had the posts removed ? Make up your mind.
Let me get this straight now. I have a friend who is a Topix moderator and I had him remove some benign posts of yours simply so I could say that you never responded ? Moreover, these posts would have had to have been up and viewable prior to their being removed which means they were visible to anyone on here at the time who could verify that the posts in fact did exist. So how was ole Doc ever gonna get away with it.....even if we accept the absurd supposed motivation on my part. Amazing.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287349 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a fetus, and it should be a lesser crime because there was no child involved. If it isn't a crime for a woman, or abortionist, to a fetus then it shouldn't be a crime for anyone else.I
Your perspective completely overlooks woman's autonomy. She has sole discretion of carrying or rejecting pregnancy. No other 3rd party has this unless they are a durable power of attorney for her if she's incapacitated.

It has nothing to do with calling fetus an unborn baby/child at all. It is the PLM who insists on using emotional terms rather than clinical ones. Perhaps you can write to Operation Rescue or Jill Stanek and tell them to rewrite their documents for clarity's sake. Just an idea, Sue.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287350 Feb 27, 2013
For Sue and Doc (not ignoring you Doc),

"In Fetal Homicide Statutes:

Laws that treat the murder of a pregnant woman as a double murder arguably affirm fetal rights in a statutory manner. Because the attacker has no right to terminate the woman's pregnancy against her will, it could be argued that the state's interest in protecting potential life is unrestricted in cases of fetal homicide. The Supreme Court has not ruled on the matter of whether fetal homicide, on its own, may constitute grounds for capital punishment."
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/abortion/p/f...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287351 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perspective completely overlooks woman's autonomy. She has sole discretion of carrying or rejecting pregnancy. No other 3rd party has this unless they are a durable power of attorney for her if she's incapacitated.
It has nothing to do with calling fetus an unborn baby/child at all. It is the PLM who insists on using emotional terms rather than clinical ones. Perhaps you can write to Operation Rescue or Jill Stanek and tell them to rewrite their documents for clarity's sake. Just an idea, Sue.
"Your perspective completely overlooks woman's autonomy."

No, it really doesn't. It either is an unborn child or it isn't. If it is, then they are both guilty of assulting an unborn child, if it isn't then neither of them are.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287352 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make except for the pretense?"
Because people are being charged with killing something that pro"choicers" say don't exist. If a woman was being charged with assulting her unborn child, the pro"choicers" would be out fighting, using the arguement that there is no unborn child, yet they are strangely quiet when it comes to anyone else being so charged. Heck, they won't even acknowledge their own hypocricy.
How can a woman be charged with assaulting her own unborn child without assaulting herself first? There is no hypocrisy, it can't be done. I guess this is why some pregnant women are not charged with abuse when they use drugs while pregnant. In some states (Florida) they can be, in others (Kentucky)they can't. It's not our hypocrisy, it's the systems hypocrisy. A charge doesn't always mean conviction. Haven't done the research but I bet the conviction rate is extremely low.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287353 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
For Sue and Doc (not ignoring you Doc),
"In Fetal Homicide Statutes:
Laws that treat the murder of a pregnant woman as a double murder arguably affirm fetal rights in a statutory manner. Because the attacker has no right to terminate the woman's pregnancy against her will, it could be argued that the state's interest in protecting potential life is unrestricted in cases of fetal homicide. The Supreme Court has not ruled on the matter of whether fetal homicide, on its own, may constitute grounds for capital punishment."
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/abortion/p/f...
The article that I posted wasn't about murder, it was about assult and whether it was a fetus or an unborn child-you can't kill or assult what doesn't exist.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287354 Feb 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>How can a woman be charged with assaulting her own unborn child without assaulting herself first? There is no hypocrisy, it can't be done. I guess this is why some pregnant women are not charged with abuse when they use drugs while pregnant. In some states (Florida) they can be, in others (Kentucky)they can't. It's not our hypocrisy, it's the systems hypocrisy. A charge doesn't always mean conviction. Haven't done the research but I bet the conviction rate is extremely low.
How can someone be charged with assulting what doesn't exist?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287355 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a fetus, and it should be a lesser crime because there was no child involved. If it isn't a crime for a woman, or abortionist, to assult a fetus then it shouldn't be a crime for anyone else.I
Well we could take it a step further and just make assaulting anyone not a criminal act.@@

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287356 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"When a woman miscarries she aborts."
There is a difference between the fetus, or unborn child, dying and killing them.
There is no difference in the process. They both die, they both get expelled, both pregnancies are terminated.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287357 Feb 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well we could take it a step further and just make assaulting anyone not a criminal act.@@
Or we could make all assults criminal.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287358 Feb 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no difference in the process. They both die, they both get expelled, both pregnancies are terminated.
Are you really this stupid?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#287359 Feb 28, 2013
Lol! Funny stuff!
hello

Allentown, PA

#287360 Feb 28, 2013
hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,190,274
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,402
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,106
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr King George 96,887
Gay/bi teens in Fort Lauderdale florida 13 hr Zackm 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,553
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) 20 hr Master 477

Rip Current Statement for Broward County was issued at March 01 at 3:29AM EST

Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:48PM
Josh McCown decides to sign with the Cleveland Browns
CBS Sports 4:56 PM
QB Josh McCown agrees to terms with the Browns: Three things to know
Bleacher Report 5:00 PM
Report: Bucs, V-Jax Have Not Talked Pay Cut
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Hartline No Superstar, but Has Plenty to Offer NFL Teams
NFL 7:08 AM
Report: Jackson to stay with Bucs on same deal