Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
267,201 - 267,220 of 305,381 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you have said correctly!
satans working overtime and great at his job to hurt or destroy the american family.
If abortion was a deal voted on, instead of a handful of judges sealing the deal, then we wouldn't be having threads like this 40 years after :)
You'd be wrong. As usual. In EVERY state where a vote to ban abortion (or severely limit it) has been brought to the citizens, its been voted down, the last time in Colorado last year.

We dont want your kind trying to legislate your religious views.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. In the context of religion, there's only one definition. Then there's the one you made up to suit your agenda.
<quoted text>
Yes Gtown, you have. WHen you've been told FACTS, and ignore them to suit your agenda, the "mistake" becomes a lie.
<quoted text>
You should mind your own business when it comes to others views of faith. Its not UP TO YOU to tell them ANYTHING about it, just as you dont like being told about yours.
You are NOT G-d, you do not SPEAK FOR G-d. You do not speak for all Christians for that matter. And you CERTAINLY dont speak for ANYONE'S individual personal relationship WITH G-d.
You are extremely arrogant, but not accurate in your claims as it pertains to others - and when you persist, you are willfully lying.
Amen!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Jesus frigging christ and his back-up band...I went to catholic schools and even they recognized that the basis of our government is secular.
Ethics have always been situational where the law is concerned; that's why we treat cold-blooded murderers differently from those who kill in self-defense. Objectively, they both did the same thing, but we judge on the SITUATION. The "moral compass" has always been a personal thing.
<quoted text>
Situational ethics is reserving judgment in lieu of having no moral principles. Nothing to do with the law.

Ethics - code of morality: a system of moral principles governing the appropriate conduct for a person or group.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
This whole disagreement over viability has really gotten down to splitting hairs, imo.
I'll say you are right regarding the strict legal definition. Thus, "viable" does include with ALS.
Your issue is with the phrase "reach viability", and when you apply the strict legal definition, I agree, there is no room for "reach viability". A physician has to have some benchmark to gain permission to use whatever resources are available to help the infant hopefully survive. I'm guessing that is why there is a legal definition. Without it, insurance companies may be making that determination, instead of the MD.
I use the phrase "reach viability", not in the legal sense, but in medical reality. The medical reality is probably often unknown to the experts when they deem an infant "viable". For example, their opinion may rest upon the resources available given one medical facility as opposed to another. Say, an infant is delivered in an ambulance 20 miles away from the local country hospital that is not equipped to treat a severely premature infant. They may say that infant is not viable. But delivered at a faciility that specializes in severely premature infants, they may say that infant is viable.
Back to the hypothetical, artifical womb. A fetus at 10 weeks is not viable in a woman's womb, and tho it can be deemed legally viable if there is a chance to successfully move it from natural womb to artifical womb, it really is not viable in the sense it can survive without A womb. Thus, I would say it needs to be in that natural or artifical womb to "reach viability" -- to survive outside of the necessary environment which will bring it to the point of needing no medical assistance.
So, I see both sides. Strict legal definition enables the MD to do whatever is possible to give that infant a shot. But the legal definition does not necessarily speak to the medical reality (often unknown), which may be better described as potentially viable.
This is exactly what I've been speaking to, STO. And that, to me at least, it seems as if Doc is A-OK with the courts determining when viability is as opposed to the physicians. I've seen him say the determination will always rest with the physicians, but if artificial surfactant and artificial womb become the norm, then based on the legal use of viability, it seems as if the courts are determining it, not the physicians.

Your post to Doc is very interesting and I look forward to how he responds.

Thanks, STO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tell my story, for those who arrogantly believe, and have faith in that belief, that they know all, and are not interrested in hearing about these sort of things, becouse it goes against the grain of the life they want to live, and their idea of what a god should be "should you even allow one to exsist ".
you can't even fool me? Gtown? How do you plan on fooling God?
The arrogance is all yours Gtown. You've told the story. LITERALLY dozens of times. Enough already. You've become a really tiresome re-run of a tv show most didn't give a damn about the first time around.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you REALLY believe this nonsense, you need to pull your head from your ass and join the REAL world.
It's pretty much fact. I looked it up.

Women make the equivalance of a man in the same profession or, on average, 8 cents less.

What else is nonsense in your opinion?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Also, men statistically work longer hours and don't take as much time off to have and take care of children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>No, not every time. You are as wrong as usual.
Yet I'm not wrong at all. But feel free to prove it.
big bull d*kes like you
Way to show that Christian LOVE there Knutbar.

@@
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>No, not every time. You are as wrong as usual. Seems like you salivate at the a child.... Hey, did ya catch the late show where a little unborn baby is running away from a Kardashian or some other star, and the unborn child screeches to a halt in front of planned parenthood scared to death to go inside and runs away from the clinic.. Seems like the some TV personalities are really pro life but are scared to say because big bull d*kes like you will get all mad.
Kourtney has the sense to keep her children from her sisters.
She should marry Scott before Kim gets him.
They can't leave him alone.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tell my story, for those who arrogantly believe, and have faith in that belief, that they know all, and are not interrested in hearing about these sort of things, becouse it goes against the grain of the life they want to live, and their idea of what a god should be "should you even allow one to exsist ".
you can't even fool me? Gtown? How do you plan on fooling God?
No offense, Gtown, but I have a hard time believing that whatever happened to you was of YHVH.

Not saying "something" didn't happen to you. Just sayin' your story and behavior on this thread don't jibe with the Bible or Christ's approach.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Then he's an illegal alien. Where's orly taitz when you need her?
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
They might have trouble tracking down his birth certificate, though.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

When you breathe, do you wilt plants?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another angry gay person. Simmer down. When you say hateful things it makes you look pitiful.
He found you!? Did he become your boyfriend?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what I've been speaking to, STO. And that, to me at least, it seems as if Doc is A-OK with the courts determining when viability is as opposed to the physicians. I've seen him say the determination will always rest with the physicians, but if artificial surfactant and artificial womb become the norm, then based on the legal use of viability, it seems as if the courts are determining it, not the physicians.
Your post to Doc is very interesting and I look forward to how he responds.
Thanks, STO.
No, no!- Thank YOU, Katie :)

"I've seen him say the determination will always rest with the physicians, but if artificial surfactant and artificial womb become the norm, then based on the legal use of viability, it seems as if the courts are determining it, not the physicians."

I dunno. Maybe it could go either way.

It could work out so the MD has more options to deem viability due to two more possible treatments -- artifical surfactant and artifical womb.

OR

It could take the decision right out of the MDs hands and force him/her to treat the infant (because of the legal defintion of "viable") when they (the MDs) know it's a lost cause and is just going to delay the inevitable.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? SHow us ONE place in the US where citizens are REQUIRED to join a union to live there.
If you're talking about WORKING somewhere, no - nobody is FORCED to join a union. They're free to opt out, OR they're free to find work elsewhere.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOO!!! Complete bullshit of course but FUNNY STUFF!
<quoted text>
Big fucking deal. ALL taxpayers are forced to pay for a LOT of things they dont believe in.
You pay municipal, provincial and/or federal taxes whether or not you voted for the person or political party in office. You get your street cleaned, the protection of fire and police department, the protection of federal laws and agencies because you pay for them. You cannot opt-out.
Well, technically you can. You're free to NOT pay taxes and go to jail. THat's YOUR choice. You're also free to move to somewhere that you dont have to pay taxes, that's also your choice.
But if you live in America, you pay taxes and DEAL WITH IT. Make your voice heard by your vote. In the meantime, suck up that ovary and deal with REALITY.
<quoted text>
I dont pay dues dear. And if I did, if it was a "requirement" at my place of employment - well first off I'd sue because that's against the law (1st Amendment and the Taft–Hartley Act) but second, I wouldn't bitch. Nobody is forced to take a job they dont want to take, and if they take a job, they're bound by the rules of the employer.
I dont care if my taxes to to the Republican party really, and I'm sure my taxes DO in part go to anti-abortion efforts AND the republican party, since its my tax dollars paying the salaries of anti-abortion idiots in congress. That's the way it is here in the REAL world dear.
<quoted text>
So you're good with Same sex marriage, women have free and unrestricted access to ALL aspects of health care including abortion. Glad to see you've come around.
No on is compelled to pay dues for such things as politics, lobbying and union organizing.

But the Supreme Court ruled a worker could be compelled to pay only that portion of union dues and initiation fees used for collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance procedures and still be considered in good standing in their place of employment.

However, the trouble is the wording in the contracts that allows the AFL-CIO to keep workers in the dark concerning misleading union security clauses. The workers must file individual cases with the NLRB and the courts to secure their rights.

In other words, it's more trouble than it's worth not to just pay the darn dues.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We just have different definitions for worship.
I've still not willingly lied, and I truly don't know what answer you want from me, are you saying I should tell everyone else, that no matter what or who they call God, is ok?
It's weird you keep saying "willingly", as if someone is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to lie.

I think you mean, "deliberately" as in "on purpose".

What do you call it, then, when you ignore other's points of view or outright deny them without proof? Folks give you facts and you basically put your fingers in your ears, then repeat unsubstantiated claims. Sure seems like you're deliberately lying.

Gotta a question for you: Leaving religion out of it, do you have a legal argument that makes sense to YOU to deny same sex marriage? And if you don't want to call it "marriage", go with civil union (which for the purpose of this question means all the rights and privileges that go with marriage between a man and a woman)?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray telplease explain how making abortions legal pushes a liberal agenda on everyone else....really I need to hear this
with abortion being legal, no one is forced to have an abortion....so how in your convoluted mind did you come to your conclusion that a liberal agenda is pushed on you?
Likewise, if gay marriage is legalized, how does that push a liberal agenda on you???? making it legal does not force you to enter into a same sex marriage does it???
however, making abortion illegal forces everyone to follow your religious dogma. basically you christians feel that a fertilized egg has a soul, ergo your opposition to abortion
making abortions illegal makes everyone follow your agenda
keeping same sex marriage illegal forces everyone to follow your agenda
really Dude, you really need to take a course in logic, and learn how to think....because your thinking and logic capabilities are somewhat lacking
as for planned parenthood, they provide many health services to the poor than just abortions and no ta dollars are used for abortions.
there are plenty of charities and tax dollars that go to things that I don't believe in or appreciate.
Our foreign aid to Israel is tops on my list.
and all the money that goes to evangelical institutions is another, thanks to Bush
the list goes on and on
True Christians believe in a Real God, that not only blesses them individialy, but their country as well.

Nothing wrong with standing up for what you feel is right, when or "if " you're given a voice on the matter.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if they're Catholic or Christian they dont.
But once again, you simply HAVE to rationalize your bullshit, while the point goes over your head.
If YOU are an example of what being "born again" is, its truly a sad and pathetic example of what christianity has become.
Yes to YOU and feces, I am sure I am a sad representation, since it doesn't fit your mold of what a good christian is. A good christian is one that tells you whatever you want to believe, worship, have faith in, live for, or whatever you call it, that you are just fine in that believe, and that God loves and blesses everyone, no matter what they say or do in this life, even if they curse Him and drag His name through the mud, while going all out against any and all who claim His name, that He still loves you and is preparing a place for you in Heaven.
You may attack me as a person all you wish, but it will not change the fact that I still belong to God.
It will not change the fact, that you've heard my story and been told of many others who have had their lives changed and most importantly soul saved by this God.
All other gods are dead can do no one any good.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>No, not every time. You are as wrong as usual. Seems like you salivate at the slaughter of a child.... Hey, did ya catch the late show where a little unborn babny is running away from a Kardashian or some other star, and the unborn child screatches to a halt in front of planned parenthood scared to death to go inside and runs away from the clinic.. Seems like the some TV personalities are really pro life but are scared to say because big bull d*kes like you will get all mad.
Robot Chicken is probably not your best source.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to YOU and feces, I am sure I am a sad representation, since it doesn't fit your mold of what a good christian is. A good christian is one that tells you whatever you want to believe, worship, have faith in, live for, or whatever you call it, that you are just fine in that believe, and that God loves and blesses everyone, no matter what they say or do in this life, even if they curse Him and drag His name through the mud, while going all out against any and all who claim His name, that He still loves you and is preparing a place for you in Heaven.
You may attack me as a person all you wish, but it will not change the fact that I still belong to God.
It will not change the fact, that you've heard my story and been told of many others who have had their lives changed and most importantly soul saved by this God.
All other gods are dead can do no one any good.
Now, are you WILLINGLY lying or deliberately lying or what? Foo has never made the claims you're accusing her of. I've posted with Foo for a few years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
No on is compelled to pay dues for such things as politics, lobbying and union organizing.
Never said they were you moron. I said TAXES are used for the salaries of politicians and through loopholes, we DO pay for lobbying.
But the Supreme Court ruled a worker could be compelled to pay only that portion of union dues and initiation fees used for collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance procedures and still be considered in good standing in their place of employment.
Yeah. So?
However, the trouble is the wording in the contracts that allows the AFL-CIO to keep workers in the dark concerning misleading union security clauses. The workers must file individual cases with the NLRB and the courts to secure their rights.
In other words, it's more trouble than it's worth not to just pay the darn dues.
This babble has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand OR anything that I said.@@ Your kind are good at TRYING to distract, but really BAD at actually distracting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach