Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,057
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284316 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Guppy your real name?
Someone gave me this name. I like it. I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too. AH.......

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#284317 Feb 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I try and keep the cookies on the bottom shelf, but if one wants to know how many fleas are on pharohs dog, then I geuss they could.
What pray-tell does that have to do with my post to you...?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#284318 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you have ''no doubt" about a person that doesn't exist? I think they truly would like to believe it. They have a need. I cant motor through life without it.
My "doubts" are precisely what prevent me from having "Faith..."

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284319 Feb 16, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
John, just so you know; your opinions of me are boring, meaningless and hypocritical; especially when you've got people like CD, Foo and Katie in the PC camp being more obnoxious to PLers than I could ever be to anyone, and they're the ones wallowing in it. You don't post to them about their obnoxiousness and wallowing in it with your self-righteous judgements, as you do to PL.
That's not even to mention that I haven't initiated any discussions with you, haven't posted to or about you, and you're the one who initiated the postings to me. What do you do in initiating posting to me?
Take a look in 1st post:
"Lily," you are such an obnoxious personality that I usually simply scroll past your posts without bothering to read them.
It's the same-old same-old from you anyway; you people are boneheads, you people are stupid, you people can't read for comprehension, you people are OWNED by us, the PC are all idiots, blah, blah, blah... "
In 2nd post:
"Fair enough, there's enough "blame" to go around for people on "both" sides of the proverbial "aisle" to be considered "obnoxious."
You--personally--have a penchant for wallowing in it--IMO..."
I consider that to be very disrespectful, "obnoxious" and hypocritical of you, John.
You've done that kind of thing each time you've initiated posts to me. As I said, I don't initiate the obnoxiousness. You just proved the truth of that.
My God woman! You're just as obnoxious as ever. Nothing ever changes with you. No growth. No maturation process. Yes Lily, you are a victim. A pitiable victim. And your superiority over all other humans is duly noted. Have I stroked your ego sufficiently now?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284320 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone gave me this name. I like it. I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too. AH.......
Someone gave me the name Marie. My mother. It's typed on my birth certificate. That makes it official.

Now what did that change?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284321 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, <quoted text>
Wow, Cptr (and back atcha), is Guppy pouting because your post wasn't linked? I saw it, read it, and thought how similar it was to my own childhood. We had a big family. Most the women were educated and worked as nurses. Sometimes I even went to work with my mom or gramma. Probably wouldn't be legal these days, though.
Do you think Guppy's ever had anyone's real respect?
Peter seems to be having a melt down. It's OK. Things will get better, they always do. Even for someone as mean as you.
Don't take your unhappiness out on other people. Learn to deal with it on your own.
Katie and Peter are the same people. It doesn't matter to me. They don't fool anyone.

Location hidden

#284322 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Guppy. As you can see some people do use their real name. Eddie, short for Edwin. Middle name; Mark.

Pleased to meet you, Guppy.

Location hidden

#284324 Feb 16, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww. Hate that place, but I'll gird my loins ... tomorrow! Yes, yes, tomorrow is a new day as they say.:-)
I thought loin girding was a man thing? Am I mistaken?

How are you, J?

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#284325 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought loin girding was a man thing? Am I mistaken?
How are you, J?
Eddie! Yes, I borrowed terminology. Watching my husband watch women's basketball - guess what! Yes, the women are now slapping each other on the back side. Disgraceful. It started with men's football, and now it's every where, apparently.

I'm sitting up and taking nourishment, thanks for asking. How be yourself these days?

(Lily remains unchanged, smug as ever. She's not one bit shy in proclaiming herself the most intelligent poster ever to have graced the halls of Topix. Gotta love her ego stroking consistent persistence, if nothing else.)
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284326 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Guppy. As you can see some people do use their real name. Eddie, short for Edwin. Middle name; Mark.
Pleased to meet you, Guppy.
Hello Eddie - What is your last name?

Please to meet me? Well, that is a first. Thanks, even if you don't mean it.
zach

Phoenix, AZ

#284327 Feb 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Always fantasizing about my ass. Closet case.
<quoted text>
That's what a sicko like you lives to fantasize about......when you love man tools shoved in your mouth and your poop shooter you sick bastard....
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284328 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone gave me the name Marie. My mother. It's typed on my birth certificate. That makes it official.
Now what did that change?
What did that change? It makes you real. What is you last name? Don't worry, I have no interest in tracking anyone down. What would that prove?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284330 Feb 16, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons are IN the post you responded to. WTH is wrong with your brain? The majority of PC posting here do agree with the restrictions. Those who do not wouldn't be included in what I'm talking about, because it wouldn't be about them.
The reasons IN the post you responded to:
~Either PC believes that women should have "personal autonomy" and "medical privacy", or they don't. Agreeing with restrictions at viability contradicts that view.
PC believing that a fetus doesn't and shouldn't have equal rights to a woman, is contradicted by the PCers who agree with restrictions on abortion at viability.
PCers who believe women who kill their born children are monsters, while believing a woman having her child in utero killed is just excercising her right not to reproduce,(even though her developing child has already been produced), are people who ignorantly contradict themselves at every turn.~
I don't understand why it has to be either/or and not seen as progressive.

I see an embryo differently than I see a fetus. I see a newborn differently than I see a teenager. I see a 20-something differently than I see a 70-something. The 70-something has different civil rights than the newborn does and so my thinking goes along those lines.

Backward, forward, consistent. I do not see consistency in believing an embryo is equal to a 70-something because in the world, this does not exist. Why should it exist within the womb at the expense of the person gestating it?

Regarding the embryo and fetus, I think the embryo has a higher chance of not becoming a fetus or a newborn than the fetus does due to events outside our control. I do not see why these events cannot be controlled on an embryo without interference.

The embryo is unaware, undeveloped, and unknown. A newborn through 70-something is none of those things. And their civil rights do not come at the expense of removing someone else's.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284331 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My "doubts" are precisely what prevent me from having "Faith..."
What I meant was how could the believers have "no doubt?" There is nothing tangible to believe in.

You have "doubts." Which means to me, you are not sure. Whatever.

Location hidden

#284332 Feb 16, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie! Yes, I borrowed terminology. Watching my husband watch women's basketball - guess what! Yes, the women are now slapping each other on the back side. Disgraceful. It started with men's football, and now it's every where, apparently.
I'm sitting up and taking nourishment, thanks for asking. How be yourself these days?
(Lily remains unchanged, smug as ever. She's not one bit shy in proclaiming herself the most intelligent poster ever to have graced the halls of Topix. Gotta love her ego stroking consistent persistence, if nothing else.)
Quite vulgar isn't it? All that backside slapping.

I'm very well, thank you. Did you enjoy the blizzard? I take it you've been ill? I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

Lily is getting worse with age, not better. A bigger ego I have not seen!

Location hidden

#284333 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Eddie - What is your last name?
Please to meet me? Well, that is a first. Thanks, even if you don't mean it.
I have yet to get your first name, Guppy. It's quite rude to infer someone is a liar when you're just meeting them.

Location hidden

#284335 Feb 16, 2013
zach wrote:
<quoted text>That's what a sicko like you lives to fantasize about......when you love man tools shoved in your mouth and your poop shooter you sick bastard....
Would you speak this way in your house of worship? Would you speak this way at your mother's dinner table? Your manners are atrocious.

Location hidden

#284336 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What did that change? It makes you real. What is you last name? Don't worry, I have no interest in tracking anyone down. What would that prove?
It's not prudent for people to be giving out full names on such a forum. Maybe you wouldn't stalk people, as you say, but there may be others who might so last names should not be given or solicited.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284337 Feb 16, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww. Hate that place, but I'll gird my loins ... tomorrow! Yes, yes, tomorrow is a new day as they say.:-)
Okay, that explains why my inbox is still empty :p
xoxoxo
<3

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#284338 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite vulgar isn't it? All that backside slapping.
I'm very well, thank you. Did you enjoy the blizzard? I take it you've been ill? I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.
Lily is getting worse with age, not better. A bigger ego I have not seen!
Sandy packed more of a wallop, personally speaking. She was quite a horror. Meanwhile this one, Charlotte or Nemo (why two names?) was only a big white messy inconvenience. Price we pay for living in New England.

(I've had a couple of years to study Lily's posting manner. She reminds me of one of the Three Mistakes. Must be right, no matter what. Makes me wonder what happened to the Lily child that turned her into such a prideful and generally unpleasant adult. I think she's more to be pitied and not despised.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 17 min zazz 96,692
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr J RULES 71,188
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr festivus infidel 68,906
vernelrogers@gmail.com Tue ROGERSV 1
Review: Premier Swimming Pool Renovation Corp (Jan '14) Tue Peter Simmons 3
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News