Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,689
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#284148 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
#284060 and #284063 missing from today!!
This is wrong you stinking antichoicers!!!
Docs got mod fukkinover people for him!!
Keep watching the numbers!!
Watch the skies !!! Tell the world....tell everybody wherever they are.....watch the skies !!! Watch for Doc !!!

“Game on !”

nyc

#284149 Feb 15, 2013
Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do they not exists??
Tell us you fraud!
Why they do not exists ? Who are you....Ricky Riccardo ?

That'll be the day when I have to have any posts from any of you lightweights removed. Grow up.

“Game on !”

nyc

#284150 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
I want to toss Doc's salad.
Is that you Vladdy ?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#284151 Feb 15, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Viability of a fetus is the ~potential~ to survive ~outside of the womb~, with OR without medical help.
That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help. RvW was talking about a FETUS when stating the medical definition of viability with regard to abortion, and because it's about abortion, it's about a human life IN UTERO. That wasn't about viability of an already born human life.
That's where the distinction is and one all PCers have missed and have argued based on ignorance of those facts.
Determining the viability of a born human isn't the same as determining viability of a fetus in utero. Both has to do with potential to survive, but in RvW and in the abortion issue it's about a fetus not a newborn.
A viable fetus and a viable newborn are 2 different things because it's 2 different phases of human life. One is in utero, the other is born. You people keep saying a fetus isn't the same as a born human being, yet with viability you suddenly want to equate the two? They aren't the same and is why viability of a fetus isn't the same as of a born infant, but neither fetus nor born infant is less of a human life than the other.
"Viability of a fetus is the ~potential~ to survive ~outside of the womb~, with OR without medical help.

That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."

It's a given that fetus means inside the uterus and infant indicates born/outside the uterus.

You disagree with Doc. You are asserting that "viability" of an infant "would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."

Doc is using the definition of viability, which includes WITH ALS.

Doc hasn't made a distinction between an MD's determination of viability of a fetus vs. an infant, that I know of.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#284152 Feb 15, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did, but in typical liberal fashion you weren't listening. I said when it is in the womb, it is a "baby" and killing it there would be. I'm saying that when it is in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance) in a test tube that it is not a baby, it's an embryo under scientific study. It would not be developed to 8-10+ weeks, injected with saline and then pulled apart a limb at time like an actual abortion does. Is that clear enough for you to understand?
You didn't answer my question until this post.

You say an embryo is a baby when it is inside a womb, but it is not a baby when it is inside a test tube.

So, you're cool with disposing of a frozen embryo, because to you that's not "killing a baby".

It has the potential to gestate to term. Both do. Why is one more valuable than the other, to you?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284154 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI,
I don't see post 284117. It goes from 284116 to 284118.
That was a repost of my previously deleted post to Doc. I copied it off my post list from my profile.

Who the F is protecting Doc.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284155 Feb 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you alive? I am sure now that this abortion crap
is from you medical people that have no respect for life.
Miscarriages are your business too aren't they?
You would rather deliver a dead baby than a live one.
What stupid!
What's it to you? I've provided my reproductive history in this thread. More than once. If you've come across it and have questions, let me know. But, really, your above presumptions are off-putting.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284156 Feb 15, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you offering your services?
Never saw your answer. What was it? You probably have to wrack your brain trying to think of the lie you told last time. That's ok, little guy.
I saw his answer. Why didn't you?

Do you sound like Dori?
"just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284157 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, LNM, it's gone :(
You know what I find amazing? How someone can post pages and pages of verbal vomit without getting 'em yanked. Who needs substance when it's all about who you know?
This is crap. The ONLY posts of mine disappearing are the ones directed to Doc...starting with one nearly a week ago, one mid-week, and now a couple today.

And I agree with you. Why are Zach's posts not pulled? Lily can choke up pages and pages, and then there's all the fundies and their gay bashing. Nothing gets touched.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284158 Feb 15, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You say an embryo is a baby when it is inside a womb, but it is not a baby when it is inside a test tube.
So, you're cool with disposing of a frozen embryo, because to you that's not "killing a baby".
It has the potential to gestate to term. Both do. Why is one more valuable than the other, to you?
My understanding of his first answer is the sex act. Which bolsters what we've claimed all along. Pregnancy as punishment. He said it is a baby when conceived in the usual way.

A test tube baby is distinguished by its use for scientific study. He's said it twice now.

'Cause, y'know, "...that's different..."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284159 Feb 15, 2013
Junket wrote:
It's possibly caught in the spam filter. Also, there's an increasing movement on the part of topix to eliminate posts with links for legal reasons.
LNM, try again, without the link. My guess, it will fly.
Doc wanted to know the number for the post I wrote answering his question. I posted just the number, no links included, and that one was deleted too. Any other post I've written before or after those posts to Doc are still around. Doc is claiming I didn't answer his question, or give him the post number when he asked for it, AND the reposting of my original answer to him was deleted. Just posts to Doc are being pulled, and so he gets to sit back and claim I'm a liar while my posts to him (and only him) have clearly been removed.

Nope, this isn't just a spam filter. This is a royal screwing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284160 Feb 15, 2013
Junket wrote:
It's possibly caught in the spam filter. Also, there's an increasing movement on the part of topix to eliminate posts with links for legal reasons.
Here it is again minus the links...

Doc.."No you didn't. I asked for the post # with Post 283584, you responded with your "still silence" with Post 283614. There is nothing in between."

Really??? Doc Degall wrote: <quoted text> "I may have. I'm only human. But after this post I went back and looked again and still couldn't find it. Can I have a post # please ?"

Long Night Moon..."#2834 99"

That was post #283586 Yet again you prove to me that you're either really clueless or playing games. We went through this before and you were wrong then too. And HERE is my actual answer to your question...

LNM..."Point 1. It is not illegal to protest against laws or work to change laws. At that time obtaining or performing an abortion was illegal, but speaking against the abortion law was not illegal. Women at that time would know abortion was illegal, and so wouldn't be surprised when they couldn't obtain one. They would be within their rights to work at changing the law, but not actually getting an abortion, according to the law. Tell me this...if a woman got some sort of abortion prior to 1973 was she prosecuted for murder? Or just for breaking a law? Point 2. What IS the criteria for being considered alive? Does a z/e/f that is depending on another functioning body to be sustained alive according to the criteria? "There is not an unequivocal definition of life so to be considered alive an organism must meet all or at least most of the following criteria." "1. Maintenance of homeostasis or regulation of the internal environment of the cell. 2. Organization, being composed of one or more of the basic unit of life the cell. 3. Posses a metabolism, the ability to convert both chemicals and energy into cell components. Anabolism (cell growth) vs catabolsim ( organic matter decay). 4. Growth maintenance of a higher rate of Anabolism than catabolism. Increasing the size of many of its parts. 5. Adaptation the ability to change over time in response to stimuli in the organisms environment. 6.Response to stimuli 7. Reproduction, the ability of that organism to produce new organisms of the same type." (link deleted)

The question is not "if" a z/e/f is alive, but WHEN the z/e/f fits the criteria for being considered alive. But again the criteria is "is not an unequivocal definition of life". To render a decision on RvW the SC would have to answer the question of when life begins so they answered it, but that doesn't mean they are right. The SC is not infallible." And the link to my post... And it indicates #283499...as I stated in my other post. Now I suppose you'll convenient miss THIS post too. How many more times do I have to make you look like a fool, Doc? I've answered your questions. YOUR "MO" is to pretend to not see my posts and then lie about it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284161 Feb 15, 2013
Junket wrote:
Okay, I posted to you the entire post that has been deleted 3 times now. I removed the links. let me know it you see it.

It's # 284160
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284163 Feb 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I posted to you the entire post that has been deleted 3 times now. I removed the links. let me know it you see it.
It's # 284160
I see it, LNM.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#284165 Feb 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's # 284160
Still up so far;

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

Good evening all...Happy Friday!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284166 Feb 15, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't we all have the same brain? Why do they freeze embryos?
Stan wants to be God?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284167 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it, LNM.
Yes! I have prevailed!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284168 Feb 15, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Still up so far;
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
Good evening all...Happy Friday!
To you as well!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284169 Feb 15, 2013
We all have had to suffer for what they did to Jesus.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#284170 Feb 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't we all have the same brain? Why do they freeze embryos?
Stan wants to be God?
Ah man...

That dude "Stan" is at it again!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Patrick 1,110,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Its OK to be Normal 46,800
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,444
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,415
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 4 hr feliciano 2,976
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 5 hr The Poet 2,508
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,521
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach