Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#284040 Feb 14, 2013
I vote for frangelico with a splash of lemon. Oh, and I guess some nutrients, if you insist.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is! I wonder what artificial amniotic fluid would be comprised of after reading they were working on that, too.
Thanks, again, Foo.
(there is much i could say regarding Josie's Story, but maybe on FB instead)
<3

Indianapolis

#284041 Feb 14, 2013
Massengil called; they need a fresh supply.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you buy the chocolates for yourself?

Indianapolis

#284042 Feb 14, 2013
I'm sure any kid you had shot out like a cannonball.
Guppy wrote:
To all the EXPERTS on here.
When a baby is being born, are they in pain because the area is so small?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284043 Feb 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, you weren't present at the abortion, when you said, previously that you witnessed it. I see. And.... First you wrote that you don't know at what stage of development the fetus was, then you wrote, that it was four months old. Uh huh. Okay. Oh, and you claim that you medical school professionals just stuck a bottle into the fetuses mouth (why would you have nursing equipment in an abortion clinic?) because you didn't know what else to do. Really? Come on... even in the seventies, there were protocols attached to treating neo-nates. The more you try to explain, the more ridiculous your story is. Either your facility was a dangerously ineptly run place with a dangerously inept staff or you are making it all up.
You're confusing yourself.

I was present to assist during several abortions, one changed my mind about abortion.

I guessed the gestation of the botched baby abortion since you asked about the bottle.

I'm assuming the nurse didn't know what else to do but try and feed the botched abortion baby when it came out alive.

This wasn't a neonate baby. They had tried to kill it but it didn't die. At least not according to plan.

Botched abortion babies should be a testament to the insanity of our inhumanity and what we have become.
Ocean56

AOL

#284044 Feb 15, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
If a pie-in-the-sky vision of sex and pregnancy means believing you don't have sex unless you're on birth control or are prepared to face the consequences, then you have me pegged to a tee.
ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail sometimes, which means NO method of BC is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. When birth control fails and a pregnancy happens, EACH woman gets to decide whether or not to continue it. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.

Haven't you claimed to be a nurse? I believe you have, so how can you not know about contraception failures? I find it hard to believe you're really a nurse.
Ocean56

AOL

#284045 Feb 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
Why is it so hard to love and care for a child?
Because, contrary to what the anti-choice crowd wants everyone to believe, some women DON'T WANT CHILDREN, and they have the right NOT to have any. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means a woman can reject it for any reason.

Sorry you have such a hard time accepting this fact. But it IS a fact nonetheless.
Ocean56

AOL

#284046 Feb 15, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Whats your excuse? You have pre partum., post partum, and every depressionb imaginable becaue you are angry at being born a woman. You not only depress yourself but everyone around you.
That's nothing more than your useless OPINION, Tommydumdum. You're just mad that all women DON'T have to conform to your idiotic and regressive ideas about what women are "supposed to" do. Too bad.

This ISN'T the 19th century, and women DO have rights, including the right to REJECT motherhood if they don't want to be mothers. Get over it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284048 Feb 15, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing yourself.
I was present to assist during several abortions, one changed my mind about abortion.
You weren't present at THAT one, or so you claim. Make up your mind.
I guessed the gestation of the botched baby abortion since you asked about the bottle.
I'm assuming the nurse didn't know what else to do but try and feed the botched abortion baby when it came out alive.
THen she should have been fired on the spot! LOL!

At 4 months, the fetus is 4 inches long and weighs around 4 ounces.

Needless to say, you did NOT see a nurse sitting with a blanket around this infant with a bottle in its mouth. You're flat out lying about this.
This wasn't a neonate baby.
ROFLMAO Okay Miss "nurse". Funny how you dont know that a neonate is ANY baby born up to 4 months OLD.
Botched abortion babies should be a testament to the insanity of our inhumanity and what we have become.
Well, people like you LYING about this certainly is a testament to the insanity and inhumanity of what your kind have become.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#284049 Feb 15, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If both women were waiting to have abortions, they weren't far along enough in their pregnancies for there to be a fetal homicide charge. The rest of your post is just your personal opinion. Your opinion isn't relevant to anyone's pregnancy but your own.
I SAID....not if they were waiting at an abortion clinic in Alabama or Arizona....just to name two, Ratched. You are ignorant of fetal homicide laws.
Cat got your shriveled old tongue ?

“Game on !”

nyc

#284050 Feb 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I replied to your request for the post number. I gave you the post number. Damn.
No you didn't. I asked for the post # with Post 283584, you responded with your "still silence" with Post 283614. There is nothing in between. You provided no post #. Anyone else here is free to check as well. Just message me the post #.

By the way I asked you another question about whether or not you would have said you defended a woman's right to choose "within the law" prior to 1973 ?

You have a litany of unanswered questions. It's your MO.

“Game on !”

nyc

#284051 Feb 15, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, contrary to what the anti-choice crowd wants everyone to believe, some women DON'T WANT CHILDREN, and they have the right NOT to have any. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means a woman can reject it for any reason.
Sorry you have such a hard time accepting this fact. But it IS a fact nonetheless.
I asked you a question.....

"Tell me something.....since my sole goal is to afford legal protection to the human life in utero, and I otherwise support womens rights, support birth control and birth control education, and care very much and donate time and money for the born also
( thereby shattering many of your AC myths )....how can I achieve my goal without being attacked as a misogynistic, regressive denier of women's rights by paranoid lunatics like you ?

I'm open to any suggestions."

“Game on !”

nyc

#284052 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You better watch out, Elise. You'll get pages of posts demanding you provide proof.
:p
Yeah.....God forbid someone asks you to back up your lies.

I'm PC ???

“Game on !”

nyc

#284053 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the physician DOES determine it possesses the basic lung function to survive with ALS then he will deem it viable and ALS will be applied. He will not apply ALS to a non viable fetus so it can REACH viability....as numbskulls like Bitter and Chicky have claimed."
Have asked you before but do not recall your answer.
What happens when the newborn dies anyway? Was it nonviable? That's my answer. So even if the physician deems a fetus viable, births it early, applies ALS, but the newborn dies anyway, then for all intents and purposes, it was not viable.
What say you to that, Doc, old boy?"

Doc : I've said it already. See above, old girl.

Nothing to say old girl ??????

“Game on !”

nyc

#284055 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You're tearing me apart? LMFAO!! Like I said; you couldn't rip apart a virgin without fudging your own dick (in my previous post I used a ____(blank) in place of dick, assuming you could make the connection. Given that's not the case, I'm compelled to spell it out for you).
What did I say that ever made you think I didn't get the connection.....or didn't get your juvenile, unfunny attempt at a jab ? You're not compelled to spell out anything. It's even more embarrassingly unfunny the second time around.
Doc, you're acute case of senility is compounded by a belief that just because you say something, then it's the absolute truth. You couldn't muster one iota of an argument outside of Topix. Which begs the question; are you having a cybernetic, or in the flesh, affair with sassy? Maybe you two meet in your son's basement to "clean" it up.
My position has not wavered at all. Viability is reached when the fetus has a 50% ability to make the O2/CO2 exchange in its lungs, which means it has a 50% chance of life outside the womb. When I referred to the hypothetical scenario of a preemie born with 49% ability to make the gas exchange, and the administration of medical assistance to help it reach 50%(which, although not necessary, per se validates Bitner's statement),
There is nothing that exists on this earth that would ever validate Bitter's patently ridiculous statement.
Now try again and answer because all you've done up to this point is dodge......

Just how does a non viable preemie (which by definition CANNOT survive no matter what medical assistance is applied) survive with medical assistance to the point that it can REACH viability ?
I also qualified my statement by stating a fact which you seem all too enthusiastic to ignore: that there isn't a single Pediatrician, or ObGyn out there that can make a viability assessment of 50% to a 100% degree of medical accuracy.
Ignore ? Ignore ??? I'm the one that said it to begin with ( Post #278266 ):

" There is no way to quantify what is 50% or what is 48%....or what is 52%. One physicians 50% may be another's 45% or another's 55%. What I do agree with is the basic premise that a physician must first conclude that an infant possesses the minimal basic lung function to survive before he applies medical assistance."

Ya like that, stupid ?
Enthusiastic to ignore my ass.

“Game on !”

nyc

#284056 Feb 15, 2013
(continued)
So, assuming there was a way to say, to a 100% degree of medical accuracy that the fetus is EXACTLY 49% able to make the O2/CO2 exchange, thus has a 49% chance of life outside the womb, and it's born at that precise and definitive moment in time, there isn't a single physician out there who WILL NOT err on the side of caution and place the preemie on medical assistance, on the slim chance his/her calculations are wrong, and of course, to avoid a medmal action. If you find one, please introduce him/her to me; will you?
"You said that if a preemie is receiving medical assistance that means it's already been deemed viable."
You remember I said this like it was yesterday? Good; since you're so hell bent on posting proof, and demanding proof be posted; why don't you find my post that expressly states that? Of course you won't; because it does not exist.
Careful what you ask for stupid....
Post #277295:

"A preemie on medical assistance IS already viable."

You even capitalized "is" stupid.

I won't find it because it doesn't exist huh ?
Sounds to me the remaining part of your brain that was operating at 50% capacity was blown away by super storm Sandy. Or maybe it rotted in your son's basement.
How terrible.
Go suck a mean hard one Doc. Then, go consult with the sock puppet in your "law firm" who's been schooling you and then get back to me.
I'll respond if I feel like doing so. Or, I may just allow you to feed your own illusion and have the last word here on Topix (as if that's going to mean more than the turd I just flushed).
Happy Valentines ya ben elef.
Figures a weasel like you would lay the groundwork for not responding. But it's understandable. Who in their right mind would invite even more shredding by responding ?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284057 Feb 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to it :)
What? No stars?
I'm glad you were just as incredulous. Stars are billions of years old!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284058 Feb 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sunrise was orange.
Because of the Earth's atmosphere refracting the angle of the sunlight.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284059 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm sure any kid you had shot out like a cannonball.
<quoted text>
Shot out like a cannonball?

9 lbs 15 ounces?

9 lbs 5 ounces?

I don't think so.

I bet you were a little skinny/puny baby. All wrinkled and gross.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284061 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I vote for frangelico with a splash of lemon. Oh, and I guess some nutrients, if you insist.
<quoted text>
Gay people drink strange things.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284062 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Massengil called; they need a fresh supply.
<quoted text>
What is Massengil? Something that gay guys use?

You haven't been around lately. I thought maybe you went on a gay only cruise.

Didn't Rosie O'Donnel do a gay only cruise? I think it was on TV. All the gay guys were eyeing each other. Wonder what happened when the camera's stopped filming. Lots of men going from room to room.

Poor little kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,275,343
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr pingpong 54,502
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Uzi 70,158
Debate: Marijuana - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Aug '10) Fri Jesse Davit 76
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Thu Smartpantz 97,460
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
News Roaches, rats, and waste water found at South F... Aug 27 Kyle 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages