Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,421 - 266,440 of 305,484 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283708 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She copies my words "physician determines fetus is viable" but doesn't understand what these mean as she rides my a$$ and demands I prove what I am saying or bow down to her highness. Even worse, when coming up behind her buddy Doc, she doesn't understand what he's saying (although I'm sure she's clicking those icons in his favor).
Didja see where she told me to prove Doc is PC? How crazy is that? Doc can confirm or deny himself. He's always claimed he's PC, though I see him as PL holding exceptions for life of woman.
LilLynne is ignoring Doc's argument.

His entire point is that if a physician determines ALS will give an infant any chance at survival whatsoever, then by defintion, it is viable.

Hence, my hypothetical artificial womb.

Her argument is that if an artificial womb were needed, the fetus isn't viable, as it wouldn't be viable in a natural womb.

Which is more along the lines of what I think.
Anonymous

United States

#283709 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
" Although most PL define the beginning of life at conception, an "embryo" that is conceived, studied, and frozen in the very first stages of development, in a test tube and not the womb, would never meet the legal or scientific definition of "viable"."
You didn't answer the question. You said abortion was "killing a baby". So, do you equate disposal of a frozen embryo with "killing a baby"? Viability is irrelevant to this question.
Well sto, the bible says that life is in the blood, so if a person must stop the heart from beating, then they gave killed a baby.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283710 Feb 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Apparently he'd rather wax poetic about my SN than answer the question with ANY degree of intellectual honesty.
And this is the poster who was complaining about ad homs and juvenile behavior, yesterday.

Can't take you seriously because of your SN "...that name alone makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously. Just saying it out loud paints the most ridiculous mental image."

Sounds like a juvenile remark, to me.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283711 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought everyone knew this.
I think most unborn babies even want to be aborted.
They come up with many stupid things, to help ease their conscience,or the ones that still have one at all.
What a juvenile, judgmental remark. Unprovable, too.

How do posts like yours above contribute to the debate/discussion?

Imo, they don't.

You must have a reason for posting in this manner. What is it?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283712 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, the bible says that life is in the blood, so if a person must stop the heart from beating, then they gave killed a baby.
But a frozen embryo can implant and gestate. You consider it to be dead because the heart beat was stopped, however temporarily?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283713 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
" Although most PL define the beginning of life at conception, an "embryo" that is conceived, studied, and frozen in the very first stages of development, in a test tube and not the womb, would never meet the legal or scientific definition of "viable"."
You didn't answer the question. You said abortion was "killing a baby". So, do you equate disposal of a frozen embryo with "killing a baby"? Viability is irrelevant to this question.
He answered. He said, "...that's ...*different*..."

See? "That circumstance is different then an embryo that begins it's conception in the womb as a result of mans natural connection with women."

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283714 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the poster who was complaining about ad homs and juvenile behavior, yesterday.
Can't take you seriously because of your SN "...that name alone makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously. Just saying it out loud paints the most ridiculous mental image."
Sounds like a juvenile remark, to me.
Thank goodness most people are more mature than that person. My RL name is easy to think of as" not serious." It's very feminine and sounds frivolous. No one has ever had difficulty taking me serious because of it.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283715 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, they don't.
Gtown reminds me someone who used to post here.
Still trying to put my finger on it.
Maybe BA. Not positive.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283718 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
LilLynne is ignoring Doc's argument.
His entire point is that if a physician determines ALS will give an infant any chance at survival whatsoever, then by defintion, it is viable.
Hence, my hypothetical artificial womb.
Her argument is that if an artificial womb were needed, the fetus isn't viable, as it wouldn't be viable in a natural womb.
Which is more along the lines of what I think.
Sorry if this is a duplicate.

We see both points the same way, STO. Not sure how that would play out if Doc argued against it, though. Maybe it'd be easier for him to concede to Triple L than either you or me.

Didja read Foo's links? It's really fascinating, reading how different teams are creating artificial wombs. It looks like the second link has been translated to English, but is still easy enough to understand.

Thanks for the interesting info, Foo!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283719 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if this is a duplicate.
We see both points the same way, STO. Not sure how that would play out if Doc argued against it, though. Maybe it'd be easier for him to concede to Triple L than either you or me.
Didja read Foo's links? It's really fascinating, reading how different teams are creating artificial wombs. It looks like the second link has been translated to English, but is still easy enough to understand.
Thanks for the interesting info, Foo!
I know a doc at Johns Hopkins, one that helped write Josie's Story who was doing some of the research on the artifical womb, that's how I knew about it to begin with. It really is fascinating stuff!
Anonymous

United States

#283720 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, they don't.
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.

There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.

I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?

Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.

Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283721 Feb 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a doc at Johns Hopkins, one that helped write Josie's Story who was doing some of the research on the artifical womb, that's how I knew about it to begin with. It really is fascinating stuff!
It is! I wonder what artificial amniotic fluid would be comprised of after reading they were working on that, too.

Thanks, again, Foo.
(there is much i could say regarding Josie's Story, but maybe on FB instead)

<3
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#283722 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought everyone knew this.
I think most unborn babies even want to be aborted.
They come up with many stupid things, to help ease their conscience,or the ones that still have one at all.
You believe you met jesus and are saved, but it's everyone else who makes things up to clear their conscience. How hypocritical of you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283723 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal killing. You cannot HAVE killing that is legal and illegal at the same time.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283724 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He answered. He said, "...that's ...*different*..."
See? "That circumstance is different then an embryo that begins it's conception in the womb as a result of mans natural connection with women."
So, you're saying he's saying "how" the egg is fertilized determines whether or not it's demise should be categorized as murder or ??. Or what?

hmm....so if an embryo is fertilized in a petri dish, then is implanted and begins to gestate, aborting it would not be "killing a baby" -- per his criteria. It's only murder if the sperm meets the egg because a man and woman have been fckin.

Anonymous

United States

#283725 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown reminds me someone who used to post here.
Still trying to put my finger on it.
Maybe BA. Not positive.
I've been on topixs for about 3 or 4 years, and was on topix a year or so before I signed up.

I'm very well know in one place, but only branched out to others a few months ago. I've never been on NY topixs under any other name, and only used other name for a short time a few years ago, on the other one. I was bro. John, so if anyone writes like me, then just pray for them. Lol
Anonymous

United States

#283726 Feb 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thank goodness most people are more mature than that person. My RL name is easy to think of as" not serious." It's very feminine and sounds frivolous. No one has ever had difficulty taking me serious because of it.
I've always liked your name, for what its worth :)
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#283727 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also says that the moon produces it's own light, so it's accuracy isn't exactly spot on.

The bible says man is made is made from dust, too (or was it just Adam?), but there is no evidence of "mr dusty" anywhere.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283728 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok."

Your juvenile, judgmental remarks do none of the above.

Abortion is ok for some and not others. It's not for you decide.

"There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion."

Your argument to illegalize abortion is a moral argument. Therefore, you should have an answer as to if you believe disposing of a frozen embryo is "killing a baby".

"Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases."

I completely disagree. I've not once heard of a woman intentionally getting pregnant so she could have an abortion. Have you?
Anonymous

United States

#283730 Feb 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal killing. You cannot HAVE killing that is legal and illegal at the same time.
So anyone who had an abortion before abortion was legal was a murderer?
Anyone who has an illiegal abortion today is a murderer?

As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder.

So as long as it is legal, then it is ok, correct?

This is a fact that has been true throughout time, no matter what it is, if it was legal to do then it was ok to do, or it is up to each person to decide if it is right or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,101,165
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Lord Hater 46,363
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 23 min Go Blue Forever 2,122
Florida ranks third in the nation for hate grou... (Feb '09) 56 min Go Blue Forever 360
Mortgage fraud charges snare 22 in South Florida (Jun '08) 59 min Go Blue Forever 131
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,394
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,062
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE