Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
265,201 - 265,220 of 305,183 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the claim. It's up to you to evidence your claim. I've read the Bible. I've studied it, and found no condemnation of abortion. There is nothing in the Bible pertaining to a woman deliberately causing herself to miscarry. Like I said, it's not there.
I don't care about your adultery. I don't care about your testimony. I'm simply challenging you to evidence your Biblical claims.
When you say you don't care about my testimony, then I would have to question what kind of christian you are?
When you try and study the bible to see how much "worldly stuff " you can get away with and still be good with God, then I would question you "as a christian ".
I've never said you were going to Hell, and those I have said were, is only my opinion 'based on what they believe ".

Sto -I could call myself a paratrooper,but if I never spoke about jumping out of airplanes, or never jumping out of aitplanes, then would you say, that I am what I say I am?

The bible ckearly talks about how God feels about babes in the womb, and yes God knew you, me, and all waaay before anyone did the nasty.

You don't appear to have a very accurate knowledge of God.
Plus the knowledge you do have, you seem to use to make people who NEED THE TRUTH, feel better about their life.

So sto. What is your testimony?
How, when, where did you get saved?
Do you believe people that are gay and living as such are in good standing with God?
what happens to liars?
I don't expect you to agree with me "very few christians do ",and I don't expect you to agree with others on here that claim the name of Christ.
BUT I don't expect you to agree with everyone who lives as Godless as they can either, and still claim the name of christ.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I'll decide what questions I ask; I don't need help.
He wasn't kicked out of school; he was suspended. The purpose of the rule is to discourage rough play and aggression.
The news? This really isn't a big deal, except to you, evidently.
<quoted text>
I can only be left with the belief, that you are just fine with a school kicking out "suspending " a 7 YES 7 year old boy, for pretenting to throw a handgrenade into a box of bad guys, so he could save the world, like a super hero.
Like I've said time and time again.

They shall call that which is evil, good, and that which is good, evil.

Gods wrath shall come upon them like the day of noah.

If the boy said he was gay, and had the same thing happened to him, do you believe it would've made the news? Something tells me YES!!! IT WOULD'VE.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Len wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, as a free people, we have the right to choose to face the Lord at the end of our lives to deal with what we've done (if he really exists). Given that right, we also have the right not to listen to the self-righteous as they strive to take away the right to choose.
Why do these people have the right to choose if a baby can be born?
Abortion is Nazi. This is not Germany and they are here in the US
destroying children.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Husker Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, but ...you.... you are scaring Jewish converts away in droves.
ROFLMAO Yeah Knutter. And that's not a bad thing, since Judaism discourages converts. We dont WANT your kind converting. Feel free to stay on the crazy side of the dogma fence.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
I know you truly want to believe that this is true, but it isn't. Many women regret having an abortion.
And there are also many other women who DON'T regret having an abortion. I know you don't like admitting this is true, but it is.

http://www.imnotsorry.net

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the way you do, and reject the One True God, becouse of your way of life.
Actually I reject your version of g-d because I'm Jewish and I actually believe in my faith.
People are born with a sin nature.
I simply used YOUR example to prove it.
ROFLMAO You didn't prove anything you moron.
Noone had ever killed anyone before, and cain killed his brother.
ROFLMAO There were no people AROUND before you moron! Using YOUR "logic" Adam & Eve effectively invented sin, then taught it to their children. From there, free will took over.
Using logic he should have been TAUGHT by his parents how to murder. He was Not!
No, he was taught by his parents how to SIN - stop adding your own words to what I say.

He was born pure, not stupid.

Obviously the first mommy and daddy were pretty terrible role models.
I can't blame you for not wanting to go down this road, becouse yours is a dead end. Lol
Being gay, and believing people are born gay "if you believe people are born gay? "And knowing how very few people in the world are gay, you would think gays would not be for abortion.
LOL Its always fun to watch you compound your ignorance with pure stupidity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<thud>
Yup. He really IS that stupid. Pathetic isn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"I even admit, that for years I was "for " abortion."
Interesting. I can't recall a PCer stating he/she was "for" abortion.
That's like his claim that he was a "g-d hating athiest", yet Athiest's DONT hate G-d....

The boy is a moron.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
Why do these people have the right to choose if a baby can be born?
Because this isn't the 1850's or 1950's anymore, and women DO have rights now, including the right to decide for ourselves as individuals whether or not to continue a pregnancy.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason, including the most basic one; she DOESN'T want to be a mother. If a woman doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves, she doesn't have to accept them. It's as simple as that.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like his claim that he was a "g-d hating athiest", yet Athiest's DONT hate G-d....
The boy is a moron.
You are too kind, Foo.
He'll never appreciate it, either.

:|
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers donít tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them. I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.

Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:

1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of education and job/career opportunities
5. Loss of mobility
6. Loss of private time
7. Dealing with colic

There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier for him to tell me I'm going to hell. They always do.
I'm a Christian, and I've never told anyone they are going to hell. How would I know? Oh wait! I shoulda asked Gtown or sjm. They're in the know, ya know.
Definitely JM. Not too sure about this Gtown character, though.

:p
Obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Opinions? You've stated everything as a fact, and you are fu**ing well wrong.
Stop acting like gay men just beamed in from another planet. We are just like everyone else, and we have the right to adopt in 48 states.
You know NOTHING about gays of either gender; you just skate along on your ignorance and prejudice, and spew your meaningless opinions.
<quoted text>
That explains everything. Of course your smarter then the God that created us. His engineering design clearly intended the crapper to be an exit hole only. He never intended for guys like yourself to twist that into a lifetime of trying to shove some other guys crap in the opposite direction. How sad that a child would be forced by the command of the state to be subjected to such perversion.
Obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are also many other women who DON'T regret having an abortion. I know you don't like admitting this is true, but it is.
I wonder how many of these "women" took the time to actually watch video of a tiny little baby being pulled out of the womb in pieces. You should take the time to watch the great work of the abortionist that you defend so vigorously. The partial birth video I posted is especially fun to watch. I just love how the doctor plunges that instrument into the back of the skull before they remove the lifeless corpse and throw it away. It must make you feel so proud to be an American.
Senator Chuck Hagel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers donít tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them. I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of education and job/career opportunities
5. Loss of mobility
6. Loss of private time
7. Dealing with colic
There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
show up at my office today at 9am; I'll show you what pressure is

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The fact is that life already began; it's a process, not an event.

The sperm is alive, as is the ovum. So were the suppliers of both, so were their progenitors, etc. As far as individuals are concerned, their lives "begin" at their successful birthing. It's why we celebrate birthdays, not conception days.

I get the point; you're just another zealot who dismisses all your deity's evil actions. Go ahead and worship your child-killing, virgin-raping sky-daddy, but the rest of us aren't interested.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as "when " people believed life started in the womb. It just doesn't matter, becouse "LIFE STARTS IN THE WOMB ".
That is just fact!
Now as far as being ignorant about the things of God.
You totaly miss the point.
God is God!
He didn't have to protect His Son from herod. Hello God verses man -man loses.
God "allowed " herod to kill the kids.
God "allowed " the nutball to kill the kids at sandy hook.
God "allowed" the nut ball that killed the kids at sandy hook, to blow himself into Hell.
God allowed hitler to do what he did.
God allows you, to live contrary to His wishes.
Best of all God "who, if wanted to, could rake the entire sinfilled world into Hell " "allowed " His Son to die for our sins.
It is not Gods plan for any human to die and go to a "devils Hell ",which was NEVER made for humans, but God "allows " people to go to Hell, when they bypass His plan for salvation. Plan for saving us.
God gave man (people) free will.
He will not intervene, just becouse man (people) use their free will to do stupid to evil stuff.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
I wonder how many of these "women" took the time to actually watch video of a tiny little baby being pulled out of the womb in pieces. You should take the time to watch the great work of the abortionist that you defend so vigorously.
Personally, I couldn't care less what you "wonder." The fact remains that there are many women who DON'T regret having an abortion. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Senator Chuck Hagel wrote:
show up at my office today at 9am; I'll show you what pressure is
The REAL Senator Chuck Hagel probably doesn't have time to post on message boards. If he did, I think he would know how to write a simple sentence correctly.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

When have I ever denied being gay? I've mentioned it several times on this board alone.

You cannot know us and say we spend most of our time in bed; that's absurd. How would you even have met us if that were true? Even your assessment of us is inaccurate; we are no more or less likely to be "sweet" than straight guys.

Youcan have any opinion you want, but when it is based on pure crap, you're going to be called out on it. That's the flip side of free speech.

I have no problem with straight people until they start making uninformed judgments of us.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are gay. You won't admit it. That's fine.
YOU DON'T KNOW ME, SO YOU CAN'T SAY I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAYS OF EITHER GENDER. I haven't met many gay women, but I have met a fair amount of gay men. I USUALLY LIKE THEM BETTER THAN STRAIGHT MEN BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER PERSONALITIES AND ALSO A LOT OF THEM HAVE A SWEETNESS THAT STRAIGHT MEN DON'T HAVE.
I stand by my no adoption opinion. That's my prerogative.
Ignorance? prejudice? meaningless opinions? ISN'T IT IRONIC THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS OF ME, BUT I AM NOT ALLOWED TO . Very interesting. That is pretty ignorant, isn't it?
Don't you like straight women? Guess not. That's OK! It doesn't matter. You are entitled.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

HARDSHIP #1: LOSS OF FREEDOM - Having a baby really does change everything, including the freedom that girls and women used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls and young women who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, theyíll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before girls get any of their former freedom back.

HARDSHIP #2: LOSS OF SLEEP - The first thing girls and women have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can Ė and do Ė wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the babyís diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didnít have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Those who are teen moms will not be so lucky.

HARDSHIP #3: LOSS OF MONEY - Whatever money a girl/woman used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. These costs include diapers, food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. Thatís just for food and diapers, you havenít even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••