Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,097
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269276 Dec 11, 2012
None of my siblings is particularly devout, and some are also atheists. If the church wants to do a mass, yippee for them. It doesn't mean a thing to me, nor would my mother have cared.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter: "We didn't do a mass [for mom's funeral]"
Is that b/c family knew lil' petey would get all wee-weed up if there was a Mass for his Catholic mother? He's a gay atheist after all.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269277 Dec 11, 2012
Telling the truth is anti-woman and anti-motherhood?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not only a diehard proabort, but you are anti-womanhood & anti-motherhood to boot.
You're not a feminist at all. Reading between the lines, you wish you were born w/ a penis.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269278 Dec 11, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter: "We didn't do a mass [for mom's funeral]"
Is that b/c family knew lil' petey would get all wee-weed up if there was a Mass for his Catholic mother? He's a gay atheist after all.
What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269279 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Telling the truth is anti-woman and anti-motherhood?
<quoted text>
It's not the truth. It is her victimized idea of it. Obviously she can't handle motherhood and anything else but she is in error to think other women can't either. She is also in error to think that all women resent their babies because they come first with a lot of demands.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269280 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Who gets to decide? The woman carrying the pregnancy. When life begins is a philosophical question, not a legal one.
Philosophical or scientific?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269281 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
People of reason know we evolved, not created. People of reason also know what civil rights are.
<quoted text>
People of reason would also say that creations can and do evolve.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#269282 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church.
HuskerDu: "What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church."

As is typical for self-centered, selfish proaborts, Petey was only thinking of Petey. Even at his MOTHER'S funeral, Petey gets what Petey selfishly wants. I have no doubt that Petey was nothing but a disappointment to his late mother. She's praying harder than ever for his filthy soul.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269283 Dec 11, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Right and wrong are subjective depending on more than what you've seen and heard in your life time.
Do you really believe that?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#269284 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Who gets to decide? The woman carrying the pregnancy. When life begins is a philosophical question, not a legal one. A born person cannot force another to sustain their lives against that second party's will; a fetus cannot have more rights than a born person.
<quoted text>
Petey: When life begins is a philosophical question, not a legal one.

When life begins is a biological one: at conception. "Personhood" is subjective.

Petey: A born person cannot force another to sustain their lives against that second party's will

You are trying to dehumanize human beings, again, Petey. Pregnancy is how mankind was created to procreate.

Petey: A fetus cannot have more rights than a born person.

You discriminate to death based on temporary location, size, stage of human development. As a gay man, I thought you preach "tolerance".

#HypocriteForDeath
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269285 Dec 11, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
HuskerDu: "What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church."
As is typical for self-centered, selfish proaborts, Petey was only thinking of Petey. Even at his MOTHER'S funeral, Petey gets what Petey selfishly wants. I have no doubt that Petey was nothing but a disappointment to his late mother. She's praying harder than ever for his filthy soul.
She's praying harder than ever for his filthy soul. You bet!
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#269286 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church.
What's the meaning of a funeral mass?
Did Ted Kennedy get a funeral mass? If he did, doesn't that demean the meaning of the funeral mass?
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269287 Dec 11, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text> What's the meaning of a funeral mass?
Did Ted Kennedy get a funeral mass? If he did, doesn't that demean the meaning of the funeral mass?
from Our Daily Visitor

What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals
Last Updated Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:16:54 AM
Printer Friendly Version
What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals
The funeral Mass is a final opportunity to commend the deceased to Godís mercy, and thatís why it must be done with reverence

By Brian Fraga - OSV Newsweekly, 10/9/2011
How do you want your body handled after your death?
All natural. Pop me in a box and bury me.
Funeral home special. Embalming and make-up before burial.
Ashes to ashes! Cremate me.
Not sure.
Online Surveys by

It is one of the most important events a Catholic community celebrates in a personís life, but one so often misunderstood and increasingly ignored.

The funeral Mass.

The funeral liturgy in a church setting is a final opportunity to commend the deceased to Godís mercy, and to reflect on how the personís life mirrored the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, who promises that one day, the Christian will rise again and live with him in the New Jerusalem. Forever.

ďIn order to pray for the repose of the personís soul, and to pray for the family, the best way to do so is the Mass, because itís in the Mass that we read from the Gospels, that we encounter the Lord Jesus and his mercy,Ē said Father Roger Landry, a priest of the Diocese of Fall River, Mass.

ďThe Mass is the source of hope for those who have seen a loved one die, in that the family can see that their loved one might not die, but live forever. Itís one of the greatest means by which the Christian community comes together to support a grieving family,Ē Father Landry told Our Sunday Visitor.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269288 Dec 11, 2012
grumpy wrote:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blo gs/god-and-country/2009/08/27/ ted-kennedys-funeral-at-church -where-he-sought-hea
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269289 Dec 11, 2012
grumpy wrote:
A funeral Mass is given to every Catholic. It is more for the family and a tradition.

Everyone is redeemable. We don't know what was in his heart at the end of his life.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269290 Dec 11, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no "we" in "personal" choices.
Excellent point!

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269291 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
Hey knutter, if my wife dies before I do, she's not going to get a funeral "mass." Does that make me a pathetic man?

Perhaps you'd want to consider that if the opposite happens, I'm not going to get a funeral "mass" either. Will that make my wife a pathetic woman?

Funeral services matter nothing to the person who died. After all, he/she is dead. And if Peter's family chose not to have a mass, it was their choice and their decision. However, seeing as you follow so well on the footsteps of almost every Catholic I know and you disobey your Jeebus' commandments, according to Luke 6:27 - 37, I suppose I can also call you, and every other militant Catholic, pathetic.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269292 Dec 11, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>Right and wrong are subjective depending on more than what you've seen and heard in your life time.
True.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that?
If you believe killing is wrong, and you believe rape is wrong; if I killed a man who was trying to rape you; would you still consider both actions wrong?

Defense rests.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269293 Dec 11, 2012
Why are the fundies here the nastiest posters on this thread? Every post of theirs today has been a petty, unnecessarily mean, personal jab. What a bunch of bittergossips. Just like old church ladies...
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269294 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey knutter, if my wife dies before I do, she's not going to get a funeral "mass." Does that make me a pathetic man?
Perhaps you'd want to consider that if the opposite happens, I'm not going to get a funeral "mass" either. Will that make my wife a pathetic woman?
Funeral services matter nothing to the person who died. After all, he/she is dead. And if Peter's family chose not to have a mass, it was their choice and their decision. However, seeing as you follow so well on the footsteps of almost every Catholic I know and you disobey your Jeebus' commandments, according to Luke 6:27 - 37, I suppose I can also call you, and every other militant Catholic, pathetic.
That would make you a pathetic man,but then you always were.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269295 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A funeral Mass is given to every Catholic. It is more for the family and a tradition.
Everyone is redeemable. We don't know what was in his heart at the end of his life.
Its also for the deceased soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,156,076
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 26 min Anne 96,715
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Earthling-1 49,340
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 71,260
mitchell calvin carnivale (Dec '12) 2 hr info4U 6
Kelly Sands-Vincente 6 hr Eyes Of The Law 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:52 am PST

ESPN 6:52AM