Common questions about the Engle Trust Fund

Where did the $600 million come from? Three of the five tobacco companies in the landmark Engle vs. Full Story
First Prev
of 2854
Next Last
mark david rice

Fort Pierce, FL

#1 Apr 22, 2008
there are no more than 10,000 entitled to this fund any one that did not file a suit as of 1/10/08 at the set deadline to file is S.O.L YOUR TO LATE THE BAND WAGON IS OFFICALLY CLOSED IF YOU HAD A LIGITAMENT CLAIM TO THIS FUND YOU WOULD HAVE FILED A LAW SUIT AGAINT THE SEVEN DAWRTHS OF BIG TOBACCO END OF STORY M.D.R.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mark david rice

Fort Pierce, FL

#2 Apr 22, 2008
ANYBODY WHO HAD A LAGIT CLAIN AGAINST THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY WOULD HAVE A LAW FIRM BACKING THEM ALL THE WAY DONT TELL ME 50,OOO WHEN ONLY 10,OOO HAD THE PROOF TO BACK IT UP OR THE ENTITLTLEMENT TO THE ENGLE FUND

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Interesting

United States

#3 Jun 4, 2008
I was told the deadline to file is June 16, 2008.
Where did you get that only 10,000 are entitled?

I have all the documents plus photographs and I do have a case and I filed after 1/08.
Cathy

AOL

#4 Jun 6, 2008
I also have a case,,,and there is a deadline of 06/16/2008,also there are 50,000 that may be entitled to the claim!!
palm beach florida

AOL

#5 Jun 6, 2008
I was also told that the deadline was 06/16/2008,and there may be as many as 50,000 people entitled to it.May God Bless All!!
palm beach florida

AOL

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Cathy wrote:
I also have a case,,,and there is a deadline of 06/16/2008,also there are 50,000 that may be entitled to the claim!!
PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Elizabeth Tucker

AOL

#7 Jun 7, 2008
Does anyone know what they mean by what they consider proof of smoking history?
just candid

AOL

#8 Jun 7, 2008
Google, Engle trust fund, lots of info on their site, hope you find everything you need.
alexander

United States

#9 Jun 7, 2008
i work for an attorney that is filing claims the deadline is june 16
alexander

United States

#10 Jun 7, 2008
Elizabeth Tucker wrote:
Does anyone know what they mean by what they consider proof of smoking history?
strict proof requires medical records call me at 786 two seven seven zero one seven five
alexander

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2008
i know the requirements and it is strict proof medical records
Elizabeth Tucker

AOL

#12 Jun 8, 2008
alexander tx I have the lab report and ct also medical records saying what kind of cancer he had,but they dont say anything about smoking he had 2 of the things that they list as being cause by smoking and he did smoke for 30yrs.I also have the death cer.which list the cause of death I have already register and I am process fo the getting the imformation together by the other deadline of August 1,2008 and not sure what they mean by proof of smoking history since the lab reports only have what he had.THANK YOU!
Gene in Miami

AOL

#13 Jun 9, 2008
My dad smoked for over 40 years. He developed emphysema and eventually had to have a tracheotomy
and was on a ventilator. The last three years of his life were very difficult and painful to watch as he had a tremendous will to live but suffered tremendously in the process. My mom had to leave her job to care for him 24/7 and eventually I had to move down to Florida to help with his care for the final 2 years of his life. He was hospitalized for this condition many times. We have X rays of his lungs and can get a letter from the physician who took care of him. We are not sure what his death certificate says but we know that his medical records would indicate his COPD condition-- He belonged to an HMO (CAC Ramsay) that went out of business after his death. But the hospital where he died is still in operation and would probably have records of his condition. Is it absolutely necessary to have a lawyer to represent us or can we file and handle this on their own? Please advise. Thank you.
Elizabeth Tucker

AOL

#14 Jun 9, 2008
I was e-mailed by the engle trust adm. and they said that affidavits/declaration are not acceptatable documentation.Hope this helps someone.
Cora in Jax

AOL

#15 Jun 10, 2008
My husband died in Nov of 1995 of esophageal and stomach cancer. I've not bothered to ask the V
A hospital for his records because I feel records that old have been deleted by now. I DO have his death certificate and proof of his citizenship plus his Army discharge papers. Do I really need anything else?
Susie

Ocoee, FL

#16 Jun 10, 2008
mark david rice wrote:
there are no more than 10,000 entitled to this fund any one that did not file a suit as of 1/10/08 at the set deadline to file is S.O.L YOUR TO LATE THE BAND WAGON IS OFFICALLY CLOSED IF YOU HAD A LIGITAMENT CLAIM TO THIS FUND YOU WOULD HAVE FILED A LAW SUIT AGAINT THE SEVEN DAWRTHS OF BIG TOBACCO END OF STORY M.D.R.
I have a legit claim and I am doing all the leg work instead of paying an attorney. For those who have not received a response from the Garden City Group, your claim MUST be documented by dr. records and a Florida death certificate stating the exact cause of death. It's not good enough to say mom or dad was a smoker. It MUST be documented. Doctor records MUST state the patient was a smoker, and the illness caused has to be specified in the records. Without solid proof, you're out of luck.
Marie

North Miami Beach, FL

#17 Jun 11, 2008
I thought of doing it myself, but I figure an attorney will have a better chance when it comes to litigation.
I sent him:
1. medical records from 1985 when my mom was diagnosed with acute COPD. She had triple by-pass surgery due to the smoking.
2. Death certificate where it states the cause of death.
3. Photographs from 1930's where it shows her smoking.
My attorney told me there is a limit of 20,000 and out of those not all will be accepted (they figure about 10-15% will not qualify). The rest will split the $600 million.
Marie

North Miami Beach, FL

#18 Jun 11, 2008
Elizabeth Tucker wrote:
alexander tx I have the lab report and ct also medical records saying what kind of cancer he had,but they dont say anything about smoking he had 2 of the things that they list as being cause by smoking and he did smoke for 30yrs.I also have the death cer.which list the cause of death I have already register and I am process fo the getting the imformation together by the other deadline of August 1,2008 and not sure what they mean by proof of smoking history since the lab reports only have what he had.THANK YOU!
If you have photographs that shows him smoking that is considered proof along with death certificate and medical records.
Good luck
Marie

North Miami Beach, FL

#19 Jun 11, 2008
Gene in Miami wrote:
My dad smoked for over 40 years. He developed emphysema and eventually had to have a tracheotomy
and was on a ventilator. The last three years of his life were very difficult and painful to watch as he had a tremendous will to live but suffered tremendously in the process. My mom had to leave her job to care for him 24/7 and eventually I had to move down to Florida to help with his care for the final 2 years of his life. He was hospitalized for this condition many times. We have X rays of his lungs and can get a letter from the physician who took care of him. We are not sure what his death certificate says but we know that his medical records would indicate his COPD condition-- He belonged to an HMO (CAC Ramsay) that went out of business after his death. But the hospital where he died is still in operation and would probably have records of his condition. Is it absolutely necessary to have a lawyer to represent us or can we file and handle this on their own? Please advise. Thank you.
Gene,
You can file yourself, but an attorney knows how to litigate on our behalf. Yes, and he will also get 33 1/3 perfect of whatever you get (if any).
on the band wagon

Japan

#20 Jun 17, 2008
This guy Mark David Rice is just trying keep others away from money he feels he is entitled to. Got news for him.... I am on the bandwagon......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2854
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,108,958
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min gcaveman1 46,573
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min Pearl Jam 305,554
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,464
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,343
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 7 hr News Reporter 2,474
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr Anne 96,429
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE