Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98170 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

North Fort Myers, FL

#100214 Jul 8, 2014
OFF TOPIC: I am thinking also, that Home Depot needs to clean house in their HR Dept. How could an employee stagger into work after 9:30 a.m. after stopping for a leisurely breakfast, baby in tow; sit texting and sexting all morning; maybe even going to the mens' room to work up an erection and message it; then mosey out to lunch for at least an hour at around noonish, go to another HD location and shop a little, eat out and take a ride to his car; then get back to work at God knows what time, THEN sends more text and sext messages up till 3:00, leaving work at 4:16 p.m.

When you add up his actual work hours on the job, what do you come up with for an eight hour work day? Excluding his time wasted on texting and sexting and fondling his erection, I'm coming up with considerably less than SIX hours on the job, maybe as little as five.

The head-haunchos at Home Depot need to get control of their employees, starting in their Human Resouces Dept.
EyeOfTheNewt

North Fort Myers, FL

#100215 Jul 8, 2014
ANOTHER OFF TOPIC: Have also wondered how RH thought he could afford to go to the movie with his buds after work? Wouldn't it cost in the vicinity of $20 bucks to go to the movie and have a drink and a snack just for one person?

It's not so cheap anymore to spend an evening out going to the movie, then possibly going out for something to eat and maybe a coupla drinks afterwards. I'm guessing that his evening out would have cost him something like $30 to $40+ bucks, conservatively, by the time it was over. Wouldn't you think?

I can't venture to guess what he earned, or his 'work-at-home' dietitian wifey either, but it seems to me like they could have made it easily, even with paying a day care in advance weekly, had he/they not been wasting their money. BTW, I don't think any day care centers operate anymore on just the time and/or number of days the child is there. To my knowledge, they charge weekly/monthly, just to hold your childs' space open for them whether they show up or not, even including sick days the child misses and holidays if one falls during the regular weekly hours of operation. For my GD I paid $660 monthly whether she was there or not, and more after she started pre-k and kindergarten; and that ended six years ago. It could be more $ now.

In years prior to this; I just know that when my husband and I had to tighten our belts, we sure didn't splurge on movies, evenings out with our friends, or any other non-essentials until we got straightened around again. Once we were even watching the gasoline usage for a long time, not going anywhere that wasn't absolutely necessary.

In reading their financial condition, we had a lot more debt than they did, even had a child or two (between us) in college whose tuition we were responsible for, and WE made it just by tightening up and not spending foolishly on movies, or nights/drinks out with our friends, and etc... Why couldn't they, WITHOUT taking the life of their poor little helpless baby? Cold, COLD, heartless people. Shyt, this guy had so much free time he could have easily held down a second job.
Vic

Danville, KY

#100216 Jul 8, 2014
Eye and ZAzz,
Great posts. Good to see you Anne, been missing you. Over at Radionewz there are pics of Tommy and Hank. This is the first visit they have had since Tommy was sentenced. Hank looks healthy and drug free. Saw a recent pic of Misty with both her parents, Lisa looked good too.
Also posted on Radio's site was one of Rc with that dingbat girlfriend of his and her4 children. Kids looked scared, RC had his usual stupid grin but he too looked scared, POS
Hank was the only one that I believed really wanted the truth to come out
Rip Sweet Haleigh ,
Vic

Danville, KY

#100217 Jul 8, 2014
Karma wrote:
Hello Anne, Vic, Ponderings, Sami, zazz, King George, and all!
I was just checking in to see if there were any new updates on the cases we all kept up on. Sad to see nothing really new. Amazing these ppl get away with harming/killing children. So many sickos in this world. Looks like nothing new in the Haleigh case. Does anyone know how Crystal lost custody of lil Jr.??
Anne, hope you are feeling better.
Sami, are you still around here girl?
Vic, how is everything with your son/g'babies?
zazz, love the quotes!
Karma,
Hey thanks for asking. Son and boys are doing great. She has attached herself to another close, loving family, they remind me of the family she ran from. The 2 hours a week they arre with her she is with them I don't worry .
Hope you and family have a great summer.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#100223 Jul 8, 2014
Miami Herald
Posted on Monday, 07.07.14

Casey Anthony judge retiring from Florida bench
The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla.-- A Florida judge who gained an international audience while presiding over Casey Anthony's murder trial three years ago said Monday he is retiring after nearly 25 years on the bench.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry of Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit turned in a letter stating he intended to resign at the end of August. The circuit covers Orange and Osceola counties in metro Orlando.

The 64-year-old Perry presided over Anthony's 2011 murder trial.

Anthony was acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, following a trial that drew worldwide attention. She was convicted of making false statements to police and got credit for time served.

In an interview last year on NBC's "Today" show, Perry said he thought there was sufficient evidence for a conviction on a first-degree murder charge, even though much of the evidence was circumstantial.

Perry was criticized by Anthony's attorneys for his statements.

Perry started his legal career as a prosecutor in Orlando in 1977. He ran for judge in 1989 and won, becoming the first African-American to be elected to the Ninth Circuit without first being appointed.

At a news conference, Perry said he was looking forward to getting "off the merry go-round" and playing some golf. He said he would work on legal issues that have been important to him on the bench, including those dealing with mental health and guardianship, but he would do it as a private citizen.

"I would like to be remembered for something else other than Casey Anthony, as a hard-working judge," Perry said. "I think I did a lot more than Casey Anthony."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/07/4222760 ...

Location hidden

#100224 Jul 8, 2014
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I blame Perry for Casey getting away with murdering a little precious baby, her own baby.

He had me fooled at first.

Letting a baby killer walk erases any good he might have done so he shouldn't blow his own horn too loudly. Me? I think he just has a big mouth. A blow hard and a do nothing.

Location hidden

#100225 Jul 8, 2014
Letting a baby killer walk erases any good he might have done so he shouldn't blow his own horn too loudly. Me? I think he just has a big mouth. A blow hard and a do nothing.

“Me Me Me”

Since: Jun 14

Chula Vista, CA

#100227 Jul 9, 2014
Bunner wrote:
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick and disgusting human piece of feces. Straight from the pit of hell. You nasty piece a shyt. You'll 'get yours' one of these days and deservedly so. There will be none to help or even hear you while you gag on your own putrid vomit.
A "Newt" is an acquiatic amphibian.
A "Bunner" is a type of tumor. Google it. Exactly what you are, spreading your feces encrusted tentacles.
Bunner wrote:
PS eye of newt is still used in witch craft and satan worship. Bunner is the name given me by my grandma. It's a derivative of honey bunny. Trust you to crap all over it.
Hey Eyeyiyi, not sorry you are having such a hard time. You earned every minute of suffering you have to endure (that is if you aren't lying about that too) with your filthy mouth. This should cheer you up. My grandmother who named me Bunner died yesterday. She called me Bunner right up to the end. You google it and prove that it's a type of tumor. You are a type of tumor. Sickening foul old witch.
I just had a Bunner removed from my foot. Ewwwww,yucky...

“ personal friend of mine.”

Since: Jan 13

Same

#100230 Jul 10, 2014
Fatjackntrixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss and for the way your name has been mistreated. Consider the source and decide if they are worth your time. I'd say not. Peace to you and yours.
Nice post like this and the old biddy judged it poorly. Guess you hit a noive.

Location hidden

#100231 Jul 10, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is His Master's Voice Day? In 1900, "His Master's Voice" was registered with the U.S. Patent Office. The logo of the Victor Recording Company, and later, RCA Victor, shows the dog, Nipper, looking into the horn of a gramophone machine.

Location hidden

#100232 Jul 12, 2014
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100233 Jul 13, 2014
Dear Bunner,

AKA EyeOfTheNewt: Re your post of 07/09; interesting how you reposted an older post of mine without reposting those posts where you slammed me first without provocation from me. But that's okay? Is this the way it works; you can slam me all you want but I cannot likewise respond? ummm.....

Very well then. I'll take this opportunity to apologize for the nasty posts you made to me that led to my response. Does this make you happy? Hope so.

Sorry to hear you lost your grandmother. Wishing you well.... Anne
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100234 Jul 13, 2014
zazz wrote:
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
Mornin' Jazz & All...... This reminds me of the scriptures: "In all things praise the Lord" and "His ways are not our ways....." and so many more. Wishing all a good day.... xx00xx
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100236 Jul 13, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye and ZAzz, Great posts. Good to see you Anne, been missing you. Over at Radionewz there are pics of Tommy and Hank. This is the first visit they have had since Tommy was sentenced. Hank looks healthy and drug free. Saw a recent pic of Misty with both her parents, Lisa looked good too. Also posted on Radio's site was one of Rc with that dingbat girlfriend of his and her4 children. Kids looked scared, RC had his usual stupid grin but he too looked scared, POS Hank was the only one that I believed really wanted the truth to come out Rip Sweet Haleigh,
Been missing you too Vic! Wondered how your summer is going; how are the boys, your son, your mother; what's up with Big Kitty and how your moving plans are coming along? I'm sure you must be having a busy summer!

Thanks for the info re RadioNewz. Haven't checked them out in a long time; but you're right, Hank Sr was the only one begging Misty to tell the truth but IMO Misty was too afraid to tell what she knew. She was under the threat and control of the Cummings, particularly Mama Skank. I do recall that Misty told Hank Sr more than once to ask Tommy. Tommy fabricated crazy stories that involved himself; whether true or not who knows, also being afraid. For one thing; recall the dead headless rat RC left in his mailbox. When you consider that everything that came out of their mouth was a lie of one kind or another, then IMO, to be rational, one had to add Tommy's stor(ies) to the spectrum of lies as well.

Which leads me to the thing that gagged me the most: NOT one person in the media, particularly NdisG, and not excluding Peter Hyatt of Statement Analysis; ever bothered to get to the REAL truth, that being that sweet Haliegh was FIRST reported missing from the landline phone at RCs' mobile home at 2:13 a.m., at which time Misty was outside in the yard crying hysterically to someone on her cell phone; and NOT at 3:27 a.m., which is what they all harped on from then on and forever more, KNOWING this was a plotted scheme. Sickening, no one cared about the TRUTH.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100237 Jul 13, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye and ZAzz, Great posts. Good to see you Anne, been missing you. Over at Radionewz there are pics of Tommy and Hank. This is the first visit they have had since Tommy was sentenced. Hank looks healthy and drug free. Saw a recent pic of Misty with both her parents, Lisa looked good too.

Also posted on Radio's site was one of Rc with that dingbat girlfriend of his and her4 children. Kids looked scared, RC had his usual stupid grin but he too looked scared, POS
Hank was the only one that I believed really wanted the truth to come out
Rip Sweet Haleigh,
Is this the same g/f who was living with Skank Teresa (where were the kids)?, and is she the same one who was a pole dancer? After having FOUR kids?! Spare me! Pitiful, she took those children into a prison to visit a low-down dirty child-killer DRUG THUG boyfriend. I cannot imagine thinking so lowly of the lives of your own kids as to expose them to the underbelly of prison life.

Even having such a b/f in the first place totally escapes my mentality, but to expose your kids to a prison setting, even if he was their father, is beyond the realm of possibilities, at least in my mind. I really do believe that I'd have to leave town, scheme a plan, and change our names before I'd ever even tell my kids that their father was a jailbird and serving time in prison. It would all depend on whether he was railroaded and falsely convicted of a murder or some other felony that I KNEW he had no part in; but then, we all know this is NOT the case with RC and most other felons. Even then, I don't think I'd ever want my kids to see their father in prison.

Pathetic little kids; no wonder they looked scared in their photos. As for RC looking scared, I hope is IS, tho I seriously doubt it. My guess is that he has all the protection he needs right there in the big house, in cahoots with his bud, the S of PC.(IMO, it's Misty that better be watching her step AND her back, and keep her mouth SHUT). Sorry, low-down POS. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, that being when he hatches up an early release.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100238 Jul 13, 2014
DuckBilled Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezus, you change your name a lot.
Nah. Not really. My name has always been Anne and I have always identified myself as Anne. Got a problem with that? Alrighty then. Take it or leave it. That's your problem, not mine. Have a good day..... ANNE.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100239 Jul 13, 2014
zazz wrote:
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I blame Perry for Casey getting away with murdering a little precious baby, her own baby. He had me fooled at first. Letting a baby killer walk erases any good he might have done so he shouldn't blow his own horn too loudly. Me? I think he just has a big mouth. A blow hard and a do nothing.
I couldn't agree more emphatically Jazz. This is the same piece-a-scum judge who sat there and proclaimed that he would be filing charges against Baez for his numerous occasions of incompetence and malfeasance of the Law, then sat there and did NOTHING afterwards; the same judge who warned Cindy & George repeatedly about their many perjuries, then did NOTHING to prosecute them; the same judge who COULD HAVE overturned the juries verdict, who ALSO had many occasions under the Law where he could have declared a mistrial but deliberately did not. This buzzard obviously had past favors owed to 'good ole boy' Cheney.

Even Cheney has admitted to performing a malfeasance and a direct malpractice, when he called George & Cindy into his office on a Friday afternoon and warned them that Casey had accused George of molesting/raping her as a child, then denying that he knew when the case opened on Monday that Baez would be making this accusation. To warn George & Cindy what to expect was a direct violation of his atty/client privacy privilege, as if to defeat his own partner in the defense, but allowing George & Cindy time to prepare themselves in the commitment of more perjuries. Even now Cheney boldly admits to doing this, knowing there are no consequences either to them or himself!

Fat fart Perry knew exactly how he intended to slant that trial in Cheney's favor and did absolutely nothing to rectify his OWN malpractices. Even Ashton played into their game, as HE TOO could have filed all those charges Perry failed to file, but did nothing either.

Oh well. There WILL be a day of judgment and pay back time for them all; it just likely won't be in this life.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100240 Jul 13, 2014
zazz wrote:
Madeleine McCann Case: Suspects to be Questioned in Portugal
At least four suspects were to be questioned in Portugal on Tuesday by police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, sources close to the case said. British detectives arrived at a police station in Faro where they are expected to sit in on interviews conducted by Portuguese offices, ITV News reported. Detectives from London’s Metropolitan Police will be allowed to intervene during questioning if they wish.
The suspects are all Portuguese nationals but some are Russian-born, the source told NBC News. All will appear voluntarily and the questioning could last for days. Key witnesses will also be questioned. The three-year-old British girl vanished while holidaying with her parents in Praia da Luz in 2007. In early June, police searched three sites in the resort but found no evidence relating to the case. The developments come after a new investigation into the case was launched last year.
Thanks for the update Jazz, but for the most part I have given up on trying to untangle this case. I just know that human decomp odor was detected by the cadaver dogs behind the couch in the McCanns' small resort unit as well as in the wheel well of their rental car, a curtain was found to be drying in the breeze in their unit after being freshly laundered, and they deliberately left their unit door unlocked and 3 babies alone with only precious little Maddy 'supposedly' in charge of watching the twin babies. This pretty much says it all. HOWEVER the McCanns were involved, they WERE in fact, involved, at least by negligence. Evidence does not get there by itself, right?

I don't believe that a resolution will happen based on anything Pat Brown believes, even tho she made a trip to Portugal doing her own research, but has been wrong before; or the opinions of P/H and his Statement Analysis minions who have been known to leave out FACTS of truth and can speculate guilt based on a few ill-filling words and the acts of LE incompetents; OR the opinions of Eyes for Lies who has also been known to be wrong in her analysis. IMO some of our OWN opinions are just as valid as theirs, if not more so. SOOoo... where does that leave us? Waiting it out.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100241 Jul 13, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma,
Hey thanks for asking. Son and boys are doing great. She has attached herself to another close, loving family, they remind me of the family she ran from. The 2 hours a week they arre with her she is with them I don't worry . Hope you and family have a great summer.
OFF TOPIC: Going back trying to read up on posts I missed....

Glad to hear this, Vic. Thank God. At least you don't have to worry about the boys as long as the ex only takes them around this nice family. Is she still hanging out with her doctor/pill popping/supplying bed-bud?

The greatest miracle of all was that your son got custody of the boys and you are able to help raise them in a clean and safe environment. Thank God.

It's shocking the number of these low-life skanky mothers that get custody of their precious little kids, while the good daddy goes pleading and begging to take them and even has the evidence proof that the children will be in danger. Poor little Trenton Duckett comes to mind, with a young loving father and his mother who did everything they could think to do to take precious little Trenton; also baby Gabriel Johnson. Did you know that Elizabeth Johnson was recently released from jail, still lying and having never told the truth about what she did with that darling baby?.
Anne

North Fort Myers, FL

#100242 Jul 13, 2014
zazz wrote:
Lead detective in Parson’s case leaves Sheriff’s Office
Posted: 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, 2014 By Kathryn Burcham ROWAN COUNTY, N.C.— Family members of a missing Rowan County teenager said they are losing hope after the lead detective on the case resigned from the Sheriff's Office. In a Facebook post dated June 20, Detective Clint Mauldin said he was leaving his position at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office after nine years to take a job in the banking industry. Mauldin was the lead detective in the disappearance of Erica Parsons who was reported missing by her adoptive brother in July 2013. Erica Parson’s adoptive aunts told Channel 9 in the past few days they had called for updates on the case and been transferred to Mauldin's voicemail but were never notified he had accepted a new job. "No one called and told us. I saw it on Facebook yesterday. I've tried to reach out to him several times and left several messages but have never heard back from him," said Tammy Gray. Another aunt, Robin Ashley, said she is worried the trail will grow cold and that an arrest will never be made. "I feel betrayed. Let us know what you're doing. Tell us," Ashley said. In a statement, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said, "Detective Mauldin did accept a job in the banking industry as of last week, but he does remain with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office as an active reserve officer and is available to us as this investigation continues. First Lt. Chad Moose and investigator Sara Benfield have worked hand in hand with investigator Mauldin from the first day that the investigation into Erica's disappearance began. Their first-hand knowledge of this case will allow the investigation to proceed in a seamless manner. "As you are aware, agents of the (N.C. State Bureau of Investigation) and agents of the FBI are also very much involved in the investigation of Erica's disappearance. Work by all of the law enforcement partners continues on this case at many different levels. With your experience of law enforcement investigations, I am sure you know that the investigation of a case of this magnitude never rests on the shoulders of one person." http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/lead detective-parsons-case-leaves- sheriffs-office/ngRp2/
So this entire case was dependent on the follow-thru of ONE lead detective? Now he resigns so Ericas' case goes cold? Apparently ending exactly the way I thought it would. When a case is being stalled and prolonged for no good reason, it's usually destined to peter out. Now the Parsons walk away scott free? Erica deserved so much better than this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RealDave 1,419,345
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Earthling-1 61,051
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,953
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 hr zef 311,625
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Aug 24 WasteWater 82
Review: I Love Kickboxing Aug 21 Charlie 35
Boca Raton Music Thread (Oct '13) Aug 21 Musikologist 8

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages