Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98369 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99864 Apr 26, 2014
no s/b know....Anne, I'm done conversing with you until you start acting like a rational adult who lives in the present.

Since: Jan 13

Melrose Park, IL

#99865 Apr 26, 2014
Sami, I agree with everything you wrote except that I am not as fond as you are on the Bush family. If you were registered, I would private message you. But, you spoke the truth.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99866 Apr 26, 2014
You are also eliminated from my vocabulary Ponderings. No shyt. I always thought you were a little slow on the take in some areas anyhow. We're not even in the same league. Little p'ss ant. No great loss.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99867 Apr 26, 2014
Ponderings wrote:
Sami, I agree with everything you wrote except that I am not as fond as you are on the Bush family. If you were registered, I would private message you. But, you spoke the truth.
Hi Ponderings, good to see ya! I missed you and thanks for your kind words. Don't mind Anne. She just can't have a civilized and rational conversation with adults.

Yea, I neither love nor hate Bush. However, he is history and he isn't to blame for all of our economical ruins. It's funny that Anne skipped over Clinton and went on to Reagan for all of our problems too when Reagan will go down in history as one of the best and most respected presidents of all times. Sure we had quite a deficit after Bush as we went to WAR, but it is a fact that the bubble burst began under the Clinton Administration, but he like Obama did/does nothing. I guess Anne likes these do-nothings who sit in office and get paid for doing nothing. I guess that makes perfect sense as she's one who still wants Affirmative Action placed into law in "2014." That alone speaks volumes!!!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99868 Apr 26, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
You are also eliminated from my vocabulary Ponderings. No shyt. I always thought you were a little slow on the take in some areas anyhow. We're not even in the same league. Little p'ss ant. No great loss.
lol, a lil slow? This is coming from someone who cannot stay up on current affairs and is still living and dwelling on the past from a century ago? Talking about slow....I think you have some major catching up to do my dear.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99870 Apr 26, 2014
Yep in "2014" you get the job you're qualified for no matter of your race and you get accepted to the college that your grades qualify you to get into and you may get a scholarship as your hard work entitled you to get no matter of your race. You just don't get to kick the white kid to the curb anymore, like Anne seems to think is ok.

Anne, this is equal rights that everyone fault for ok, so please don't bring up the old past to justify your ignorance and prejudices.

Anne, in your own posts you said, affirmative action got the black men and white women where they had to be and in the jobs they should be in, so it's a done deal. There are laws in place to protect everyone's current status.

Trust me, there will never be Affirmative Action Again!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99871 Apr 26, 2014
Seriously, I've looked back on Anne's post. I don't know if she's black and that isn't what bother's me, but she seems to be racist. Maybe her GD is half black or something. I dunno, but she is very racist against whites. Maybe she wants her GD to get a free ride to college while all of our kids pay. I dunno, but her posts against whites are very telling. What a shame in this day and age someone would actually be so hateful to be racist.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99872 Apr 26, 2014
Also, with how verbal & into politics, Anne is do you notice she has never said anything bad about Obama?? She never even mentions him? Gosh, everyone has something to say about Obama. Unfriggen believeable. I'm disgusted that I was actually conversing on and off with a true racist.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#99873 Apr 26, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, Anne, I thought you said it was Bush's fault, but now it's Reagan's fault? Clinton was right dab in the middle, so what did he do or should I say not do? The Bush Admin. and McCain warned Congress over and over for reforms and regulations on Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac, but the democrats wanted no part of that.
Either way the banks and wall street ended up just fine and we all got screwed.
The bailout money, our tax dollars, were paid out in bonuses by the banks and financial firms. Once again the public got screwed and the rich got richer.

Location hidden

#99874 Apr 26, 2014
The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions. The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. Fighting; 2. Fleeing; 3. Feeding; and 4. Mating.

Location hidden

#99875 Apr 26, 2014
There was a teenage boy who worked in the produce section of the local market. A man came in and asked to buy half a head of lettuce. The boy said he would go ask his manager about the matter. So he walked into the back and said, "There's some jerk out there who wants to buy only a half a head of lettuce." As he was finishing saying this he turned around to find the man standing right behind him, so he added, "and this here gentleman wants to buy the other half..."

The manager okayed the deal and the man went on his way.

Later the manager called on the boy and said, "You almost got yourself in a lot of trouble earlier, but I must say I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of it. You think on your feet and we like that around here. Where are you from son?"

The boy replied, "Canada, Sir."

"Oh really? Why did you leave Canada?" asked the manager.

The boy replied, "They're all just up-tight, homely women and hockey players up there."

"Really," replied the manager, "My wife is from Canada!"

The boy replied, "No kidding! What team did she play for?"

Location hidden

#99876 Apr 27, 2014
"A new survey found that Washington, D.C. has the most 25-34-year-olds in the country who make over $100,000 a year. They're called hookers."

Jimmy Fallon

Location hidden

#99877 Apr 27, 2014
Eye, are you the realtor? Thought you might laugh at this.

Well, we had a pleasant enough Easter Sunday, but the real adventure this weekend was house shopping. This Saturday was the first day we got out there and did some real looking. And the results were...disappointing at best.

Those realtors really know how to take pictures! We picked about a dozen houses to visit based upon their pictures online. We would see a really cool feature we liked or a gorgeous lawn covering a spacious backyard, but when we got there what we found was a really cool feature that was shot from an angle that effectively excluded the holes in the wall or family of raccoons living in the room. Or the picture of the lush, green lawn never seemed to include the sinkhole that dominates the rest of the yard.

But, I guess those are the consequences of house hunting on a budget.

Location hidden

#99878 Apr 27, 2014
Did you know...

The name meringue came from a pastry chef named Gasparini in the Swiss town of Merhrinyghen. In 1720, Gasparini created a small pastry of dried egg foam and sugar from which the simplified meringue evolved. Its fame spread and Marie Antoinette is said to have prepared the sweet with her own hands at the Trianon in France.

Location hidden

#99879 Apr 27, 2014
It is said that an egg will stand on its end during the spring (vernal) equinox (about March 21), one of the two times of the year when the sun crosses the equator and day and night are of equal length everywhere.

To tell if an egg is raw or hard-boiled, spin it. Because the liquids have set into a solid, a hard-boiled egg will easily spin. The moving liquids in a raw egg will cause it to wobble.

Long before the days of refrigeration, the ancient Chinese stored eggs up to several years by immersing them in a variety of such imaginative mixtures as salt and wet clay; cooked rice, salt and lime; or salt and wood ashes mixed with a tea infusion. The treated eggs bore little similarity to fresh eggs, some exhibiting greenish-gray yolks and albumen resembling brown jelly.

Double-yolked eggs are often produced by young hens whose egg production cycles are not yet completely synchronized. They're often produced too, by hens which are old enough to produce Extra Large-sized eggs.

Location hidden

#99880 Apr 27, 2014
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet."

Location hidden

#99881 Apr 27, 2014
The Persians were the first to use colored eggs to celebrate spring in 3,000 B.C. 13th century Macedonians were the first Christians on record to use colored eggs in Easter celebrations.

Crusaders returning from the Middle East spread the custom of coloring eggs, and Europeans began to use them to celebrate Easter.

Location hidden

#99882 Apr 27, 2014
Within two weeks of moving into a new house, the homeowner had to call an electrician, a roofer and a carpenter. One afternoon he returned early from work and saw a plumber's truck in the driveway.

"Lord," he pleaded, looking skyward, "please let her be having an affair."

Location hidden

#99883 Apr 27, 2014
I'm almost next to Merlin
When it comes to his fame
Though to many men
I can be a pain
For I can be in the way
When I'm left too long
But to the wise, I might say
They sometimes think I belong.
What am I?

Location hidden

#99884 Apr 27, 2014
ANSWER: A beard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,510,512
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min cpeter1313 313,706
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Into The Night 63,592
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 41 min Into The Night 8,089
Delray Judge, shifts Family / Probate Corruptio... 3 hr Houdini 2
News Gambler' Sees Profits In Distressed Real Estate... Wed Sbentsen 1
News Pompano Beach: Boy, 6, dies from injuries in tw... (Aug '07) Tue truth 29

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages