Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98369 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98949 Mar 9, 2014
King George wrote:
I hope Vic is all right, as well. It's not like her to not at least post a short post or two for so many days. Watched a good show yesterday called "Why We Did It". Rachel Maddow hosts this show that covers the fact that our government knew there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They lied to us because they wanted the oil.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/watch... Thank goodness a respected journalist covered this program aired by a major news outlet. Maybe, we conspiracy theorists don't look quite so crazy, on this topic at least.
Hell NO, us conspiracy theorists aren't crazy! NO LIE, we were sold a bill of goods while Alkie GDubya destroyed our economy for the REST OF OUR LIVES. And that's no joke. While it may be true that Saddam and his sons were reaping havoc on their own people, it STILL was not our place to destroy their country and so MANY of it's people; nor were we right to hunt him down in a spider hole, give him a fake trial and execute him.

Conspiracies? IMO, GDubya was aware that the twin towers were going to be struck. That fool was sitting in an elementary class down here in Fla reading a book about goats when he got the message. I saw his posturing and the look on his face. M'f'cker. How many times have we seen the photos over and over, of those two buildings being imploded on all four corners, all AT ONCE? I'm not so sure AT ALL that Michael Moore wasn't right! I'm ALSO not so sure that the Israeli Jews didn't know it was coming too. Where were that day? Were any of them at their offices? Did any of you ever see A SINGLE ONE of their names on the dead/missing/injured list? Why were none of them at work that morning?

The assignation of JFK: A conspiracy? For anyone who REALLY wants to look into the many withheld pieces of evidence and seriously get off their soap-box; IT SURE AS HELL WAS A CONSPIRACY, with Lyndon Johnson being the ring leader! Sweet John Jr was quietly and secretively looking into LBJ's involvement when his little plane met with it's sad doom. Sabotage? VERY LIKELY.

Thanks for the link, KG.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98950 Mar 9, 2014
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had my own main theory on what happened in the Holly Bobo case, and have been following it closely from the beginning. The forum of course is split on theories; I would express mine to anyone through a PM but this case is quite emotional/volatile right now so I don't want to put mine out there in public at this time. I do not think the family directly harmed her or wanted her dead at all, but I do think they know a lot more than they have told.... they were not completely open and honest with authorities right from the very beginning; and many changing stories. I do NOT know if this is what happened or not; the whole lot of meth heads are not reliable and can lie very convincingly. However, One guy, a cousin to the Bobo's in some way, has f'ound the Lord' and supposedly 'come clean' while in jail and told everything, as he was part of the group that killed her.

From a post; Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#16023652 min ago Judged:Interesting2Incendiary1 Helpful1 SlimJim wrote: <quoted text> So "someone in LE" told you that today? Does this mean then that her remains were found, and even after three years they could tell how she died without several weeks of forensic testing? Or, did one of the recent confessors tell exactly what happened to her?.."I'll just say this..... Ja told that zack abuducted her at her house while he waited in vehicle on the road, they went to Natchez trace state park where they shot her up with meth and brought her down with morphine time and time again for 3 days!!! When they were out of dope shayne Austin was called to bring dope (meth) and food they had raped her multiple times beat her beyond reckontion when shayne arrived with food no dope they ate and zack freaked out saying god damn she can identify us ja said oh don't worry about that and shot her in the head! They wrapped her body in bags and blankets with ropes left just before the search in Natchez trace took place evidence was found in cabin 16! They dropped her in a well on zachs property until they were asking for maps of old wells in the area to search! Michael Alexander went and got her body in zack vehicle and drove it around for 2 woks with her body decomposing in the back for 2 weeks! They then buried her behind zack a home! Le says they've found all but her head! That is what was told by za and ja at a party! I got it 3rd handed!!! It was reported to Karen and then to tbi!!! She was alive if u can call it that for 3 days I will NOT say what all they done to her its to cruel!".....
This is horrible, HORRIBLE, if true, Ponderings. IMO, I wouldn't doubt that it is, or worse..
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98951 Mar 9, 2014
I never got too involved in researching the Holly Bobo case after the first few days, Ponderings; after I became aware that the brother had told more than one story concerning that morning when she went missing. It just didn't make sense why he would tell one story then another or add entirely new comments to each time he spoke.

Also, I couldn't understand why Hollys' mother wasn't trying to clear up or explain some of his comments but she never did, or if she did, I didn't see those interviews where she was following up on her sons' conflicting stories. I just figured from this, that there was way more to the story and she didn't want to jeopardize the search, or that her son had some mental issues, or that the mother didn't want to risk losing her son when it appeared she had already lost her daughter.

It is a very sad and tragic case. Holly was a very beautiful girl with so much in life waiting for her. Do you think the copy of the post you made above is what really happened to her? I don't blame you for not wanting to go into much detail in giving your own opinion. Dangerous people are just that: dangerous people!
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#98952 Mar 9, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell NO, us conspiracy theorists aren't crazy! NO LIE, we were sold a bill of goods while Alkie GDubya destroyed our economy for the REST OF OUR LIVES. And that's no joke. While it may be true that Saddam and his sons were reaping havoc on their own people, it STILL was not our place to destroy their country and so MANY of it's people; nor were we right to hunt him down in a spider hole, give him a fake trial and execute him.
Conspiracies? IMO, GDubya was aware that the twin towers were going to be struck. That fool was sitting in an elementary class down here in Fla reading a book about goats when he got the message. I saw his posturing and the look on his face. M'f'cker. How many times have we seen the photos over and over, of those two buildings being imploded on all four corners, all AT ONCE? I'm not so sure AT ALL that Michael Moore wasn't right! I'm ALSO not so sure that the Israeli Jews didn't know it was coming too. Where were that day? Were any of them at their offices? Did any of you ever see A SINGLE ONE of their names on the dead/missing/injured list? Why were none of them at work that morning?
The assignation of JFK: A conspiracy? For anyone who REALLY wants to look into the many withheld pieces of evidence and seriously get off their soap-box; IT SURE AS HELL WAS A CONSPIRACY, with Lyndon Johnson being the ring leader! Sweet John Jr was quietly and secretively looking into LBJ's involvement when his little plane met with it's sad doom. Sabotage? VERY LIKELY.
Thanks for the link, KG.
I've always thought that our government was behind 9/11.
Prior to that, Bush was trying to negotiate with the Taliban to run an oil pipeline through Afghanistan. His final meeting with Taliban members was just a few weeks before the twin towers went down.
The problem was location. The US plan called for the pipeline to be run through Holy Land. The Taliban would not agree to that.

I didn't research JFK's assassination in depth, but, I remember reading that he wanted to stop borrowing from the Federal Reserve, and pay down debt with money borrowed from American banks.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#98953 Mar 9, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Gone With The Wind on Video Day? In 1985 the most requested movie in history, Gone With The Wind, went on sale in video stores across the U.S. for the first time. The tape cost buyers $89.95. The film, starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, cost $4.5 million to produce and has earned over $400 million, making it one of the biggest moneymakers in motion picture history.

Location hidden

#98954 Mar 9, 2014
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

Thoreau

Location hidden

#98955 Mar 9, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Yeah! My son and his new girlfriend (she's at least five years older, hope this one has some maturity) went shopping yesterday and he brought home a new monitor, keyboard and mouse for me. BUT, just my luck; you might know, there are some kinks in it. Sure love the new keyboard. It has the right typing 'feel' and none of the letters on the keys are faded off. The screen is too bright and the photos and print is way too light, but maybe there is some sort of adjustment he can make?
SNIP
Yes, it will be very easy for your son to adjust the screen.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98956 Mar 10, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it will be very easy for your son to adjust the screen.
Thank you Zazz, I thought so. It gets a little annoying. Didn't have an opportunity to ask him yesterday, he was busy, I was busy. Hopefully today. It seems that I'm never not busy anymore, or if not busy then tired and have to lie down. This happens rather often during the course of most days. The end result is that I never get much done around here. Apparently the big C takes its' toll on our energy and lack thereof. Lack of uninterrupted and restful sleep affects our energy levels too. This week I am going to rev up my mega-vitamin regimen and see if that helps.

But hey! It could be LOTS worse! At least I've managed to avoid chemo so far (but very much regret the radiation as it damaged my vocal cords even worse than they already were); but at least I'm still perking along and so far as I know my mind is still intact.(I HOPE!) Thank You Jesus! This is the thing that worries me the most, that I might start losing it mentally. I find myself constantly checking my thoughts and memory patterns and wondering; am I still mentally sharp, did I forget this or that, were my words properly used, has it spread into the brain cells, am I slipping into dementia and forgetfulness, am I overreacting to trivial stuff, and so on. Bottom line: ALL IS GOOD and it's another beautiful day; AND, I can still get better! Yes, I DO believe that. God is SOOOo good.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98957 Mar 10, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought that our government was behind 9/11. Prior to that, Bush was trying to negotiate with the Taliban to run an oil pipeline through Afghanistan. His final meeting with Taliban members was just a few weeks before the twin towers went down. The problem was location. The US plan called for the pipeline to be run through Holy Land. The Taliban would not agree to that.

I didn't research JFK's assassination in depth, but, I remember reading that he wanted to stop borrowing from the Federal Reserve, and pay down debt with money borrowed from American banks.
KG, I never claimed to know it all ref the 911 attacks, but I certainly have been open to observing all that we already knew concerning our greed and lack of willingness to negotiate rationally and diplomatically for oil; and all that was presented before our very eyes BEFORE and after the attacks on the WTC. Oh yes, GDubya certainly DID look AND ACT guilty from the minute he was handed the note while sitting in the classroom in Fla reading about goats, to his hop-scotching flight about the skies on AFO, to his first wild-eyed LYING speech after the attack.

I felt that anyone who couldn't see the deceit, or at least consider the possibility, were just kidding themselves or either were not open to considering that their beloved president could or would do such a thing. Ironically, most people will NOT admit they were wrong or even consider that they could have been wrong. They will die denying it. To this day, they will not even consider how badly we were deceived and lied too by both GDubya AND Cheney and that they robbed us (and Iran!) blind and cost thousands of lives, all for oil and their OWN financially gain.

Further, anyone who has an inkling about real estate demolition (which I do) could clearly see that those buildings could have been set to time-implode and WERE imploded from all four corners all at once. Believe me, if it were so easy to bring a big building down, then demolition crews would strike them all from the top floors and watch them crumble inward. It just DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98958 Mar 10, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is Gone With The Wind on Video Day? In 1985 the most requested movie in history, Gone With The Wind, went on sale in video stores across the U.S. for the first time. The tape cost buyers $89.95. The film, starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, cost $4.5 million to produce and has earned over $400 million, making it one of the biggest moneymakers in motion picture history.
Zazz, I did not know that Gone With The Wind on video was first released to the public in 1985 or that it cost $89.95 at that time. Wonder how much it costs now? Loved that movie. Used to love Clark Gable too, until in way later years it was revealed that he and Loretta Young had a baby daughter from a brief affair whose birth they both failed to recognize and that Loretta put in a Catholic home to be raised rather than admit she had given birth to an illegitimate baby.

Years later she admitted to her daughter that she was her mother but claimed, due to acknowledging an out-of-wedlock baby would have ruined her career; also, that it was against her catholic upbringing and religion to have an abortion or a baby out-of-wedlock. Eventually she learned from rumors that Clark Gable was her father, which truth also was admitted to her in later years. Poor girl, she never had her rightful parents, or her proper birthright or inheritance. That is so sad.

Can you believe, putting your career and so-called religion ahead of your own, living, breathing baby?? As for Lorettas' shame over her religion? Did the idiot not know that God already KNEW she had an illegitimate baby and why would anyone else matter? That, caring for your baby and raising it was above ANY career or religion?

On top of that, Gable knew of the babys' birth and also ignored her. If IRRC, her name was Judy Lewis. He went to see her once at the Catholic home when she was in her pre-teens and stayed only a few mins then never saw or contacted her again. TWO brilliant, famous, wealthy parents and she had no family. She died a few years ago having never been rightfully acknowledged by her own parents. For this, I never liked them again. What b'stards!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98959 Mar 10, 2014
P.S... I googled Judy Lewis daughter of Loretta Young & Clark Gable and read a couple of the articles. The article is missing from a while ago that clearly described how Loretta Young gave birth to the baby in an out-of-the-country location and left the baby in Catholic care in that country; then eventually took her to another Catholic home to be raised after keeping her for a few months as a toddler and claiming she had adopted her. It described how there had been speculation among gossip columnists that the baby might be Lorettas' own baby so she placed it in the Catholic orphanage to be 'cared-for' for quite a few years due to her 'busy career'.

The article described how Loretta would occasionally visit and bring her gifts over the years; also how Gable visited her that one time (she did not know he was her father at this time) at the home and he never saw her again nor did he ever acknowledge to her that he was her father. That article is completely gone now since Judy Lewis died, and it's a whole different story; also the other two articles I read have been altered. I wonder why; what difference would it make now since most of these people are dead?

Oh well. Guess we'll never know the whole truth.

Since: Jan 13

Melrose Park, IL

#98960 Mar 10, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
P.S... I googled Judy Lewis daughter of Loretta Young & Clark Gable and read a couple of the articles. The article is missing from a while ago that clearly described how Loretta Young gave birth to the baby in an out-of-the-country location and left the baby in Catholic care in that country; then eventually took her to another Catholic home to be raised after keeping her for a few months as a toddler and claiming she had adopted her. It described how there had been speculation among gossip columnists that the baby might be Lorettas' own baby so she placed it in the Catholic orphanage to be 'cared-for' for quite a few years due to her 'busy career'.
The article described how Loretta would occasionally visit and bring her gifts over the years; also how Gable visited her that one time (she did not know he was her father at this time) at the home and he never saw her again nor did he ever acknowledge to her that he was her father. That article is completely gone now since Judy Lewis died, and it's a whole different story; also the other two articles I read have been altered. I wonder why; what difference would it make now since most of these people are dead?
Oh well. Guess we'll never know the whole truth.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98961 Mar 10, 2014
Hope you can stop in today, Vic. I'll be checking back later, hope all is well with you and family.... , that whatever was wrong is now right. Missing you. xx00xxx
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98962 Mar 10, 2014
Ponderings wrote:
Thanks Ponderings. Interesting article!

I still don't get it, how anything on this earth could be so important that it could make you deny your own child. I think I'd rather die than deny my child.

Since: Jan 13

Melrose Park, IL

#98963 Mar 10, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Hope you can stop in today, Vic. I'll be checking back later, hope all is well with you and family...., that whatever was wrong is now right. Missing you. xx00xxx
Did you see the link I posted above, concerning Judy? I remember reading her obituary when she died; and, it was on the news.
Vic

AOL

#98964 Mar 10, 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm back, had to replace my computer moniter, always something. The boys didn't have school three days last week due to snow. School system wants Sat. school. They had a poll I voted no spring break but I don't think they'll go for that. Too many folks already made plans. Oh, well.

Eye,
Is your procedure tomorrow?
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#98965 Mar 10, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought that our government was behind 9/11.
Prior to that, Bush was trying to negotiate with the Taliban to run an oil pipeline through Afghanistan. His final meeting with Taliban members was just a few weeks before the twin towers went down.
The problem was location. The US plan called for the pipeline to be run through Holy Land. The Taliban would not agree to that.
Hi just popped in & saw your post KG. I've always respected your comments, but for you say our Gov't & Bush was behind the 9/11 terrorist attack is dumbfounding to me. It's ludicrous and plain out BS. Have a great day!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#98966 Mar 10, 2014
Anne, you don't possibly believe our gov't or Bush was behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks do you?
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#98967 Mar 10, 2014
BTW, KG, I hope you're not feeding your GC your conspiracy theories.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98968 Mar 10, 2014
Vic wrote:
Hey Guys,
I'm back, had to replace my computer moniter, always something. The boys didn't have school three days last week due to snow. School system wants Sat. school. They had a poll I voted no spring break but I don't think they'll go for that. Too many folks already made plans. Oh, well. Eye, Is your procedure tomorrow?

Yes dear, it is. I haven't spoken to them in two weeks, not since the schedule was changed to the 11th, so I HOPE they're ready for me when I get up there at 7:00ish in the morning!

Dang it, sorry you lost your computer usage for so long Vic. Yep. It's always something. AND, it always costs money!

Wow... you've had a lot of snow days with the boys this year. Now they want Sat school? That's hardly fair to the kids; IMO, they need two week-end days to wind down and just be children. School is hard for kids now-adays, they have to cram in an awful lot of stuff that is much further advanced than it used to be when my sons were in school. Also, people like you (and me and KG) need those two days to devote to our own lives instead of the school lives of our children; as well, those working parents who don't work on Sats and can care for their own kids on those days. You don't think they will really vote this in, do you?

Down here, we have hurricane days set aside. Those days that aren't used for inclement weather are generally taken off the end of the school year; however, school starts early down here around the middle of Aug and runs to approx. the middle of June, so the kids aren't getting but two months off in the summer anyhow. Also, admn sets up a large number of teacher work-days and other 'off-days' so no matter how they approach it, it still averages out to two mons off during the summer mons. This week is spring break which doesn't make sense either since the kids will be out in June anyhow.

Fact is, I don't get it why the schools close for summer months at all since it was initially set up for farm kids to help with planting and harvesting, which they don't do anymore anywayz; yet they keep piling heavier work loads on the kids. Good to see ya, Vic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,510,572
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 11 min Patriot AKA Bozo 8,092
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,595
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 59 min silly rabbit 313,705
Delray Judge, shifts Family / Probate Corruptio... 5 hr Houdini 2
News Gambler' Sees Profits In Distressed Real Estate... Wed Sbentsen 1
News Pompano Beach: Boy, 6, dies from injuries in tw... (Aug '07) Tue truth 29

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages