Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98403 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

King George

West Lafayette, IN

#97188 Oct 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
Hey Guys,
Thanks for thinking of me. We're all doing good. I'm not as young as I use to be and it takes longer for me to get everything done.LOL
Hope everyone has a great day.
I'm with you on that, Vic. I just can't accomplish what I once could in 24 hours.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97189 Oct 30, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that, Vic. I just can't accomplish what I once could in 24 hours.
Me too, Vic & KG! There is NO WAY I can accomplish all the things I used to do in one day. Many times I just don't even try anymore. Like yesterday. I wasted the entire friken' day doing essentially nothing! I might just as well have sat here and posted all day since about all I did was walk around here and look at all the work waiting, debate with myself about where to start, give up, watch TV and eat.

Even now, here I sit just looking at it all, knowing damned well I wouldn't get much of it accomplished even if I tried. Now I'm tired just thinking about it, next I'll panic when I see I have nothing clean to wear to an appt this afternoon. Hell no, I never got the laundry sorted. Somebody ought to take me out and shoot me.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97190 Oct 30, 2013
lol, hey at least you have an excuse for not getting things done, Annie, Vic & KG. I have been tackling monotonous task around my house FINALLY, which included sorting and putting away piles of clothes...haha! Yep, I had piles too, Annie. Washed, folded and stuck on my dresser. Laundry never ends and it sucks. It's just sometimes we see that so much really needs to be done that we don't want to do any of it cuz one doesn't know where to start. It really does get overwhelming. I just started filling treat bags and my daughter and I are going to make Halloween cookies when she gets home from school. Now these are the things I enjoy doing...:)
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97191 Oct 30, 2013
O wow! Now Casey is claiming the reason Erica "may" not be coming forward is b/c she may be afraid of James.(The brother that reported her missing) This woman will claim anything to try re-directing the spot light!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/satsuma-fl/T5...
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97192 Oct 30, 2013
OMG I am so sorry I truly did not mean to copy/paste the topix forum site. Please excuse me, doin too many things at once.:(

Here is the correct link

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20131030...
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97193 Oct 30, 2013
Hey Anne, well, glad to hear you are feeling better. Even though you aren't getting much done, sounds like you at least have the strength should you feel like getting up and getting to it.:)

Sami, know exactly whatcha mean, laundry really is never ending. lol. Thats sweet you are making Halloween cookies with your daughter when she gets home. It goes so fast! Enjoy it while they are young!=)
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97194 Oct 30, 2013
Hey Anne,

I found another article that talks about the abuse poor lil Elaina suffered at the hands of the creature that gave birth to her.(I cannot find it w/i myself to call this child abuser a mother).

It was updated 10/27/13. Talks about the neighbor, Steven's mother Julie, and a family friend witnessing abuse, her slapping this poor lil girl in the face, sys she "tore her hair", and would yank her up by the arm. Calling this poor lil baby vulgar names. Sys the baby spent 20 outta 24 hrs in her playpen, and she left her alone for hours at a time. So, bottom line, this poor lil angel didn't stand a chance against this demon!

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/06/19/nei...
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97195 Oct 30, 2013
~ copy/paste ~

The mother of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was seen leaving between midnight and 1 a.m. the morning of the toddler’s disappearance.

Dennis Bolfa, who lives across from the East Toledo home in the 700 block of Federal Street where the toddler was last seen, said he saw Elaina’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her boyfriend Steven W. King leave in their van and return 10-15 minutes later.

------

Glad the neighbor was paying attention, hopefully he can shed some light to the jurors should this case go to trial. I knw that is a big "if" being a lot of these cases remain unsolved, or at least w/o the guilty party charged and made to pay! IMO

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#97196 Oct 30, 2013
Attorneys: More charges may come against Steven King

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 8:34 AM CST
Updated: Oct 29, 2013 3:55 PM CST
By Ali Hoxie
Reporting by Nicole Collier

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now)-

A grand jury could soon decide whether or not to charge Steven King, the ex-boyfriend of east Toledo 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth's mother, with homicide in the little girl's death.

Elaina went missing on June 2, 2013 and was found dead in the King family's garage on September 5. Both Steven King and the girl's mother, Angela Steinfurth, are being held on obstruction of justice charges in the case.

It's been five long months since Elaina's family has seen her alive and nobody knows who took her life.
"I don't know how I'm going to feel. I'm gonna be mad. I'm gonna be mad as hell," said Elaina's grandfather, Richard Schiewe.

In court Tuesday, King's attorney asked a judge to push back his client's trial date, as the defense is in talks with the prosecution about the possibility of homicide charges being filed against King. Defense attorneys and prosecutors are waiting to get their hands on a doctor's report, which could determine if King will be charged with homicide. The report is complete, but not available to either the prosecution or defense at this time.

Prosecutors say if the report indicates King should be charged with homicide, the charge will be taken to a grand jury.

"I got my phone right beside me. I'm waiting for a call, for somebody to call and say, you know, he's been indicted, you know, by a grand jury," said Schiewe. "You're just intense. You're on pins and needles."

King had been set to face trial on the obstruction charge on Nov. 4. That trial date was vacated Tuesday, and a new trial was scheduled to begin on Dec. 9.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/23816063/p...
Canton, OH

#97197 Oct 30, 2013
Thanks for sharing zazz,
That Richard Schiewe gets straight under my skin when he goes on t.v. and starts pretending he had no idea how abusive this pos was to this defenseless child! If he is going to be mad as hell, then he might want to include the pos that was SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING HER! Yes Steven, no doubt had a hand in Elaina's demise, however, Angela is no better and hopefully she will get the same treatment as Steven.
Canton, OH

#97198 Oct 30, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Anne.
I have the problem of falling behind, too. I get so wrapped up in these or cases, and before I know it, I've been at the computer for hours.
Greenwood is still on the force. Merchant was fired for stalking his ex girlfriend. Sounds like they were looking for any reason to get rid of him.
Hello King George,

Glad to see you posting. I agree, its easy to get wrapped up in these cases and try to stay up on them hoping to see justice served for these poor children. I also agree that they must have been waiting for Merchant to mess up so they could get rid of him.

Have you found any new info regarding Lisa Irwin? Last I read, it was thought (by Deb), that she may have been the lil girl found in that camp in Greece. Or that she looked like her.
Canton, OH

#97199 Oct 30, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Karma. Thank you for your kind words; it's taking a while to get my strength back, hon, it's slow but I'm coming along. My throat and voice still has a ways to go. Sometimes I just have to go to bed so I'm certainly not getting anything productive done around here that's for sure. Well, we don't live forever and I don't expect too; so there ya go, it's settled in my mind.
I heard Friday from a friend from Mich, that you all were supposed to get a lot of snow up there. You know, we're from Cincy and my oldest son still lives there but haven't talked to him recently. I heard Cleveland and Cincy were getting quite a bit of snow. Any truth to that? Did it skip Canton? Well, it'll be there before you know it. I miss OH, IN and KY too, but do love the milder FL weather. It's cooled off here the last few days. Love it!
It is so awful the way the lovely young 24-yr old teacher was butchered by one of her students with the box cutter. That b'stard planned it before he ever went to her algebra class that day. He had stolen the box cutter the night before, went to her class and sat there doodling and plugged into his music, ignoring her class and defying her to do anything about it. Of course, she called him aside after class, not in front of the class like some teachers would do, but quietly.
She was totally a thoughtful and kind person, loved by all. He was laying in wait for her!! WTH kind of world IS THIS we're living in that a supposedly good student would do such a thing just because he had a burr up his butt against his teacher, who plotted that the next time she said something to him that he didn't like, even tho he deliberately caused it, he was going to kill her. And did. Sick world we're living in!
Hello Anne,

We were supposed to get snow last week. Thank God we didn't. I didn't hear about Cincy, but yes, Cleveland got dumped on from what I heard on the news. Like you said, it will be here soon enough. Def not looking fwd to it. Thats for sure. Bet you love the nice weather in FL. Glad to hear you are feeling better Anne, and yep, you only live once, your house and the chores will still be there when you get around to it. So, take it easy, you have really been thru a lot lately and deserve some "you time"! Take advantage of it girl! ;)

OMG I didn't hear about the student that butchered the teacher with a box cutter. I hear you Anne, WTH kind of world are we living in? So much violence! Its really scary to think of all the school shootings, the teachers being attacked. My goodness, not safe anywhere anymore it sounds like.
Canton, OH

#97200 Oct 30, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
We do need someone to come along here and lighten the mood every now and then, don't we?
Where've you been, Sami? You were MIA for a couple of days, I thought maybe you and hubby took the children and went out of town for a couple of days. How is your hubby, Sami? I do hope, well.
Hope all is well with Vic & KG too. I miss them. I know they get busy with the g/kids and other things, but they both bring a lot to the conversation, are so caring and never hassle anyone whether they agree entirely or not. And, as you know, I love anyone who can dig up and post links. That's one of the things I miss about Denada too. She would do a lot of research for us. Miss you Denada and hope all is good with you.
I'll be glad when Erica is found and someone has their sorry ass sitting in the pen for what they did to her; I hope, for life. Poor little thing, she had no life, then what she did have was taken away from her. I'd like to know also, how the son is doing. As far as I've been able to understand, he had a life from hell too.
Like you Sami, I hope these swindlers are charged to the max for the govm't fraud they committed, and apparently insurance fraud too. I hate to tell you tho, Sami, that sometimes the govm't doesn't file charges when they ought too. Clint Dunn is an example, he was a free loading, lying squatter in HUD housing, along with his deadbeat woman, Naomi, and as far as I know HUD never took any action against them. I've known of others too who got away with this kind of fraud. I don't know about welfare fraud so much, but when it comes to social security fraud, that's a horse of another color and they usually do go after these.
Speaking of the Dunn's, wonder if Billie or her fab man she "had to have" will ever be charged with Hailey's murder. I mean, with the cell pings, and SA very odd behavior that morning (going to work just to quit), its very obvious who killed Hailey. This is a case I haven't really heard much about lately. Billie was still hanging on to her man even though she knew darn well he was the "last one to see her missing daughter". He was very creepy btw in his zombie get up. Poor Hailey, prob had nightmares living in the same house with him.

Canton, OH

#97201 Oct 30, 2013
Ponderings, I hope you come back. I really enjoy reading your posts. Haven't seen you here in a lil while.
Canton, OH

#97202 Oct 30, 2013
Sami, how is your husband feeing? Hope he is all healed up!:)

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#97203 Oct 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
Ponderings, I hope you come back. I really enjoy reading your posts. Haven't seen you here in a lil while.
I am here ... mostly just reading. Thank you for the compliment!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97204 Oct 31, 2013
GM ALL!

Nice to see ya Ponderings!:)

karma, my husband is doing good, thanks. ITA with you. IMO Shawn did kill poor lil Hailey and it's sickening that Billie stuck by and defended him instead of her innocent, helpless, daughter. Like you said there were too many strange things going on. Nobody wakes up and goes to work to quit and lies about it. He is then gone for hours. He was the last one to see Hailey and he says she just happened to tell him she was staying at a friends home where she had never stayed all ngt. before and the friend said she was not expecting her. So why did Billie feel the need to cover, defend and lie for Shawn, was she involved or did she know what happened?
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97205 Oct 31, 2013
Thanks for the links zazz & Curious.

IMO both King and the pos mom should be charged with murdering poor Elaina. They were both there and let it happen although I believe it was Angela who beat her to death. She tried to get away with this. She was hoping they would think she was in the water never to be found all along knowing she was in a box in the garage. How could Kings mother not hear this baby being beaten?

Casey is throwing her son James under the bus again. She throws crap out there that doesn't make any sense. That bus will be coming her way soon enough.

I hope you're feeling better today, Annie!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97206 Oct 31, 2013
Morning Sami, Curious, Ponderings, Vic, Zazz, King George and Karma!! Hope I didn't miss anyone, if so, it's not intentional. Ya know, I hadn't realized there are still eight of us regulars hanging on. Thank you, thank you, for the links.

Nice day today and I've got to get out of here as early as I can to pick up scripts and stuff at Walmart, since I can't count on being able to do much of anything as the day goes by; collapse on the bed, take a pain pill and maybe fall sleep watching TV. No, I never made it out yesterday.

Now I'm getting hooked on those old western reruns; Gunsmoke, Ponderosa, even The old Andy Griffin shows, The Golden Girls, and Everybody Loves Raymond. I doubt anyone ever actually lived the way they did in those old westerns,(they couldn't have survived all the gunfire). I guess we'll never know how they actually lived, but there is some good acting in those old shows. Man, those actors worked SO hard. Just, it bothers me that they are nearly all dead now. Such a loss of talent.

Yes, THANK YOU ALL; over all I am feeling much better little by little. Dang it, have no choice now but to boogie on and do a load of laundry. Will view some of those links later and check in. To all the little ones and everyone who celebrates Halloween (I don't); HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#97207 Oct 31, 2013
zazz wrote:
Attorneys: More charges may come against Steven King
Posted: Oct 29, 2013 8:34 AM CST
Updated: Oct 29, 2013 3:55 PM CST
By Ali Hoxie
Reporting by Nicole Collier
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now)-
A grand jury could soon decide whether or not to charge Steven King, the ex-boyfriend of east Toledo 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth's mother, with homicide in the little girl's death.
Elaina went missing on June 2, 2013 and was found dead in the King family's garage on September 5. Both Steven King and the girl's mother, Angela Steinfurth, are being held on obstruction of justice charges in the case.
It's been five long months since Elaina's family has seen her alive and nobody knows who took her life.
"I don't know how I'm going to feel. I'm gonna be mad. I'm gonna be mad as hell," said Elaina's grandfather, Richard Schiewe.
In court Tuesday, King's attorney asked a judge to push back his client's trial date, as the defense is in talks with the prosecution about the possibility of homicide charges being filed against King. Defense attorneys and prosecutors are waiting to get their hands on a doctor's report, which could determine if King will be charged with homicide. The report is complete, but not available to either the prosecution or defense at this time.
Prosecutors say if the report indicates King should be charged with homicide, the charge will be taken to a grand jury.
"I got my phone right beside me. I'm waiting for a call, for somebody to call and say, you know, he's been indicted, you know, by a grand jury," said Schiewe. "You're just intense. You're on pins and needles."
King had been set to face trial on the obstruction charge on Nov. 4. That trial date was vacated Tuesday, and a new trial was scheduled to begin on Dec. 9.
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/23816063/p...
Praying that they charge Steven with homicide.
A poster on Websleuths, who is a member of the Steinfurth family, said that Elaina had come home previously with a large gash in the back of her head. This had happened while she and her 4 year old sister were visiting with their mother at the King house. The 4 year old told them that Steven King had shaken Elaina, and thrown her down. She'd landed on something that cut her head.
That's probably the reason that their father did not want the girls over there.
On the day Elaina "disappeared", Terry had gone to get the girls, and Angela (the mother) sent out only the 4 year old. She refused to bring Elaina out. Terry drove back to get his father. When he reached his father's house, the 4 yr old ran to the house screaming and crying that she was afraid of Steven.

Given a past history of being violently abusive toward Elaina, and the lengths Steven's family went to in order to cover up this crime, I'd say, Steven is the one responsible for beating Elaina to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min mdbuilder 1,536,068
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Choicerocks 314,354
News Gay Couple and Their 3 Kids Denied 'Family Boar... Thu Gremlin 9
News Principal of Deerfield Elementary reassigned pe... (Nov '06) May 24 Lawknows 636
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) May 23 Lucy 71
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) May 23 TRD 71,288
News Pit bull ban: Ban pit bulls - they don't belong... (Jun '09) May 23 Love my pitties 1,039

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages