Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 97465 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Canton, OH

#96924 Oct 15, 2013
Hello Everyone,

O yea Sami, I couldn't agree more with you. I definitely think Sandy and Casey killed Erica. That's what I meant by too many things point to them. The red stained drywall, flooring, baseboards, the bag of teeth found in the barn, and the knife wrapped in plastic, and the made up story about "Nan". Then when DSS/LE went to the home regarding the abuse claim, Sandy claims his wife knows the girls whereabouts but is at a Jonas Bros. concert and will be home later. JMO but, I believe that was said so he could get with Casey and get their lies together, as I'm sure he wasn't expecting THAT visit.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96926 Oct 15, 2013
Ponderings, IA, she stole the phone covers for money for drugs, why else? It's sick that her child is missing/dead and she still continues her shitty lifestyle while she has two other children to raise.

Vic, IA, PO all over are shady and bad and they may have more info. on Haleigh's case, but I am grateful the ones who are responsible for or know about her murder are locked up.

KarmA, Yea, she killed that poor baby IMO. Sandy is a piece of shit liar too. Did you see when her own TA bio child was missing for not even a whole day she called LE? She hated Erica and didn't want her and her giving her away for 8 months shows this. Poor Erica was getting older and tired of how she was treated. She wasn't allowed to go to school, have no friends or even see her adopted relatives, and she probably started fighting back and that psycho witch killed her. Look how Casey has a come back and answer for everything, it's sickening. I swear I feel like reaching through the screen and choking her lying ass. She has no feelings, no remorse. I tell you she's evil. I hope she spends the rest of her hateful life in prison, then hell. BTW, I don't know how her oldr children could sit there and watch this happen. I think it finally got to the one son who told. Who knows, it probably got to him sooner and that's why the PO was called on him by Casey cuz he probably tried to defend Erica only he was too scared to tell the truth then. Now that he told LE about Erica they turned on him and says he has mental problems. The only one I see with mental problems is that evil, mnster, Casey and her husband Sandy.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96927 Oct 15, 2013
A group of kids ran away from a shelter in New Mexico amid claims of abuse. Finally it is being investigated.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-sports/c...

Location hidden

#96928 Oct 15, 2013
I think Erica was much like Zahra. Lonely with no one to turn to, isolated, abused, unhappy, etc.

I am sure they murdered her and I pray her body eventually turns up.

I hope she didn't suffer but I know she did. Evil bastards.

Another disgusting family like the Cummings and the Anthonys.

Location hidden

#96929 Oct 15, 2013
Sami wrote:
Ponderings, IA, she stole the phone covers for money for drugs, why else? It's sick that her child is missing/dead and she still continues her shitty lifestyle while she has two other children to raise.
Vic, IA, PO all over are shady and bad and they may have more info. on Haleigh's case, but I am grateful the ones who are responsible for or know about her murder are locked up.
KarmA, Yea, she killed that poor baby IMO. Sandy is a piece of shit liar too. Did you see when her own TA bio child was missing for not even a whole day she called LE? She hated Erica and didn't want her and her giving her away for 8 months shows this. Poor Erica was getting older and tired of how she was treated. She wasn't allowed to go to school, have no friends or even see her adopted relatives, and she probably started fighting back and that psycho witch killed her. Look how Casey has a come back and answer for everything, it's sickening. I swear I feel like reaching through the screen and choking her lying ass. She has no feelings, no remorse. I tell you she's evil. I hope she spends the rest of her hateful life in prison, then hell. BTW, I don't know how her oldr children could sit there and watch this happen. I think it finally got to the one son who told. Who knows, it probably got to him sooner and that's why the PO was called on him by Casey cuz he probably tried to defend Erica only he was too scared to tell the truth then. Now that he told LE about Erica they turned on him and says he has mental problems. The only one I see with mental problems is that evil, mnster, Casey and her husband Sandy.
We are on the same page with this. Evil bastards.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96938 Oct 16, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read about it on line but I'm sure I can find you a link. Will post one for you.
I found it, zazz.
Here is a link to a 4 part web series.
http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0.html...
King George

Seymour, IN

#96939 Oct 16, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
King George & Zazz, these rumors have persisted for years, even long before this detention facility for boys was closed. It was well known that the one place a young boy did not want to land up was this prison of horrors, always being warned that they might never come out or be heard of again.
A really unfortunate thing is that so many juvenile court judges all over Fla would sentence young boys to this brutal house of horrors for only the slightest infractions; maybe something so minor as a hungry boy stealing another boys' lunch and getting caught. Add to that, maybe a teacher had seen him take another students' pencil, and maybe once he was thought to have bullied someone. There was little to no such thing as counseling for these juvenile boys.
A boy didn't have to do much to land up there, never to be seen again. I never heard whether anyone ever followed up on the whereabouts or finality of what happened to these boys. Judges thought nothing of sentencing these children to this horrible hell hole, taking them right out of the hands of their caring parents, in many cases where the parents fought against their son being sent there and did everything they could to prove to the court that they would get professional help for their 'somewhat' wayward child. Their hands were tied. Once a child was sent there, I don't believe that any court officials ever followed up on these young boys or what happened to them, and their parents were helpless to dispute anything they were told.
I saw a documentary on it a few months ago where some older gentlemen who survived it, presented their grotesque stories of every kind of abuse imaginable, even defining how they saw or heard certain boys die during their beatings and sexual abuse. I believe they are the same ones who demanded this investigation and digging up of some of the bodies. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers grow into the hundreds, or more, not just one hundred.
This is absolutely despicable, Anne.
Throughout the years, numerous agencies investigated this place, and reported abuse, yet it was allowed to remain in operation, conducting business as usual for 109 years.
Then, when Dr. Kimmerle and his team had already found what appeared to be the grave shafts of at least 50 unmarked burial sites, he had to find a way around the Secretary of State who refused to allow them to dig - twice.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96940 Oct 16, 2013
GM ALL

Zazz, ITA, that poor baby was isolated and abused just like Zahra. That witch Casey says Erica was boy crazy. When the he-- could that be, when she was five? She's been missing since she's been 11 & she was home schooled before then for peat sakes. I swear, I'm not a violent person, but I wish someone would punch that big fat liar right in her ugly face. I can't stand listening to her bs lies. She lies just like Casey A. Even when she knows her lies make no sense, she continues and I think what pisses me off the most is she's so calm and frank & tells these lies as if they're factual. Ugh
Sami

Howell, MI

#96941 Oct 16, 2013
OMG, I just read about those poor boys. They lived in hell. A real life horror story. Those boys were just babies and they did nothing wrong to deserve to even be sent there. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor boys endured. I hope all those who tortured these poor boys, including the judges who sent them there rot in he--. Pure evilness. I can't believe that place was open until 2011.
Vic

AOL

#96942 Oct 16, 2013
Morning Guys,

Casey and Sandy showed up for their visit with children,so I guess their roadtrip to New Orleans was just Casey flapping her jaws again. Good I hope that heifer talks her lips off.LOL Their lawyer advised them that this was not a good time for them to travel. Oh, he also stated that since they weren't the last to leave home,Samatha their daughter was, they couldn't have been responsible for house-fire.
Eye,
How are you feeling today? Rest and eat/drink as much as possible. Got to keep up your strength in order to heal.xoxoxxo
Sami

Howell, MI

#96943 Oct 16, 2013
Casey & Sandy's lawyer should dump them asap. He seems a lil lost anyway. It doesn't matter if their daughter was there or not. They emptied out that house, so they were there. I hope they don't get their kids back, they sure didn't give a crap about their non bio kid who they say they gave away. IMO murdered.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96944 Oct 16, 2013
So the daughter rigged the fire? Oh forget it, I'm sure Nan did it.

Where is the vid interview with Lisa & Hank?
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96945 Oct 16, 2013
Vic wrote:
Morning Guys,
Casey and Sandy showed up for their visit with children,so I guess their roadtrip to New Orleans was just Casey flapping her jaws again. Good I hope that heifer talks her lips off.LOL Their lawyer advised them that this was not a good time for them to travel. Oh, he also stated that since they weren't the last to leave home,Samatha their daughter was, they couldn't have been responsible for house-fire.
Eye,
How are you feeling today? Rest and eat/drink as much as possible. Got to keep up your strength in order to heal.xoxoxxo
Hey Vic,

Figures she was just providing more lip service! Not really surprising. I hope she talks her lips off too (btw lol), but only if she is finally providing some truth while flapping.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96946 Oct 16, 2013
Sami wrote:
GM ALL
Zazz, ITA, that poor baby was isolated and abused just like Zahra. That witch Casey says Erica was boy crazy. When the he-- could that be, when she was five? She's been missing since she's been 11 & she was home schooled before then for peat sakes. I swear, I'm not a violent person, but I wish someone would punch that big fat liar right in her ugly face. I can't stand listening to her bs lies. She lies just like Casey A. Even when she knows her lies make no sense, she continues and I think what pisses me off the most is she's so calm and frank & tells these lies as if they're factual. Ugh
IMO, Zahra was kept isolated in order to keep her from telling anyone about sexual abuse. The search warrants revealed a man who said that Elisa dropped Zahra off at his house and left, he raped her and hit her in the head. He thought that might have been what killed her. I believe Elisa and Adam regularly sold or traded Zahra for drugs and/or money.

From what I can gather, Erica was about 7 when she was taken out of public school. She was learning disabled and functioned about three years behind the others. That would mean that she was functioning at about a 4 yr old level when she was in school.

Now, I think that Casey lies, but, I'm not willing to disregard everything that she says just because some of what she says isn't true.

I think that Erica may have been kept isolated to keep her from talking to anyone about sexual abuse.
The fact that she was "boy crazy" when she was only functioning at a 4 year old level, is another indication that she might have been molested.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96947 Oct 16, 2013
I found this to be interesting.
Casey and Sandy's attorney has a blog on which he states:
"When Erica was 13 years old, she began to have contact with her birth-mother and people representing themselves to be the birth-motherís parents."
http://www.sherrillcameron.com/blog/

Casey has never stated who's mother she thought Irene Goodman was. She said that the police told her that Goodman was the father's family name.
She also said that this woman calling herself Irene Goodman knew everything about them, and she thought that Carolyn had told her about them.

Someone else who might be able to find out everything about an individual or family might be someone who spends a good deal of time in adoption and genealogy forums.
Carolyn met Erica on Jan. 5, 2011. On Feb. 15, 2011, she posted on her FB that her friend Carole had found her birth dad for her.

Carolyn's friend Carole is a woman named Carole Bryan. Carole wanders around in adoption and genealogy sites, offering to help others find their "birth" families.

I know that everyone thinks that Casey and Sandy killed her, but, Carolyn stated that the Parsons were looking for someone to take Erica in Jan. 2011.
I don't think that these two worthless POS's gave a dam about Erica and would have happily turned her over to anyone to get rid of her, so, I don't think that the story about giving her to this woman named Irene is too far of a stretch.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96951 Oct 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
Morning Guys,
Eye,
Thank you Vic!(& all) for your kindnesses to me. Yesterday I had chores I had to run (store, phmcy, bank, etc) then was so tired after I got home that I had to go to bed. The eating & drinking hasn't been going so well because of the throat pain but that's okay; I did manage to lose seven pds so that suits me just fine. I discovered the best way to use the liquid Lido/Pub was to put a med-sm straw directly in the bottle of med and slowly sip it near the back of the throat. Thought I'd pass this along just in case you ever need to know; this is how it works best as it slowly seeps down the throat, but you're right, you do have to have your food/drink already ready as the pain relief doesn't last long.

I don't put any faith in anything the Parsons' lawyer says as he is repeating things the Parsons told him, then puts his spin on it, which is no better than if they had said those things themselves. Casey was/is responsible for everything that went on in that house, the result being her abusing and disposing of Elisha, covering her tracks and illegally continuing to cash checks that were meant for Alishas' upkeep when she knew the child wasn't there.

She would make anyone appear guilty other than herself with her made up lies and stories. Home schooling? Poor little girl, totally at Caseys' mercy 24/7. This should be illegal where one does not have a teaching certificate. I believe the report the son made, bi-polar or not; only, I'd like to know how and if his report is being investigated.
Vic

AOL

#96952 Oct 17, 2013
KG,

Rowain CO. Le stated that following the money trail will lead to a solution to Erica's case. You just might be right. The evil duo did see their children but either canceled or didn't show for meeting with DSS.

Eye,
How are you this morning? I'm worried about you,please if you can, just post that you're Ok.xoxoxoxox
Vic

AOL

#96953 Oct 17, 2013
Eye,

We must have been posting at the same time. SO glad you posted. Yeap, that lawyer is having a hard time trying to make them seem less horrid. You keep as many lbs on that you can: you've got a while yet till your thoat heals. How's the boys? How did the artshow go? I hadn't spoken to DIL for 4 months until yesterday,yuck. Boys had a dental appointment had to call her twice then after app.youngest wanted to see her. She hadn't called the boys since Sept.20 until she found out we were on vaca, she called them 2=3 times daily until we got home. They'd get so upset not being with their daddy. I've struggled with my temper all my life, I'll try not to kick her azz but I so want to.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96954 Oct 17, 2013
Sorry, I meant to say Erica, not Elisha. I wonder if it's really true, that Erica had a learning disability? All the more reason she should have been in a public school setting, or in a private school for children with learning disabilities. A woman like Casey would not have had any patience with her or been able to teach her anything. Under the right setting, some of these children with learning disabilities can be brought out of it and can learn to function normally.

Casey certainly would have received enough money monthly from the state to pay for her schooling and other necessities that she squandered on herself. Doesn't the state ever prosecute these people for illegally pilfering the funds they steal from these pitiful helpless children who are at their mercy? I hope Casey and her husband wind up in prison for life for this childs' murder and the fraud they committed.

Saying if any of Caseys' claims were true that Erica had been placed with someone named Nan, or some Irene Goodman(?), or found her way back to her bio-family; didn't she ever wonder if the child needed a new pair of shoes, school supplies, a new school bag, new panties, clothing, money for christmas, for her birthday?

She didn't like Erica? What a low-life b'tch not to ever follow up on the childs' welfare. WHICH, can only lead to the knowledge that she KNEW the child was dead. Casey had this child from infancy. IFF she truly was a slow learner, maybe Casey caused it? It's worth considering that distinct possibility. Casey and her despicable husband would have gone on collecting this illegal money until Erica turned eighteen had the son not turned her in for investigation of Ericas' death. I wonder, where is this son now?

I don't believe for one minute that this child was "boy crazy". If anything, IMO she would have been scared to death of men and boys. OR, if any boy/man had been kind to her, maybe such as her older "brother", then she might have appeared to try to cling to some of them to rescue her but not in a sexual manner. Poor little girl.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96955 Oct 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
KG,
Rowain CO. Le stated that following the money trail will lead to a solution to Erica's case. You just might be right. The evil duo did see their children but either canceled or didn't show for meeting with DSS.
Eye,
How are you this morning? I'm worried about you,please if you can, just post that you're Ok.xoxoxoxox
Thank you sweet Vic; I'm okay honey. I still have some problems with choking while sleeping which wakes me up frequently; which is another reason I suspect I am so tired all the time. Also during the day with choking while swallowing but the pain is starting to subside somewhat in my throat, little by little and sometimes not as painful as other times.

My nurse friend next door (Linda),(across the street actually, she's on one corner and I'm on the opposite corner), who treats only cancer patients tells me that it will take several weeks to get past this and maybe as long as two months to get my strength back. I feel certain that it will make a vast difference in my strength as soon as I can get back on the mega-vitamin routine, which is what kept up my strength for as long as it did before I had no choice but to take the radiation treatments.

You are so kind to care Vic. I love you too. xx00xxx... AB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min PolakPotrafi 1,265,045
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr STO 310,377
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Mon Ariel Sharon 70,149
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun budd 54,341
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Aug 1 Chrisbrainard01 241
bad sulphur smell (Nov '12) Aug 1 silverbar 3
Review: Degree Insider Jul 31 Marketing 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages