Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 20 comments on the Feb 12, 2009, Orlando Sentinel story titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomington, IN

#96819 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi EON, it's nice to meet you too! I've read you're not well and wish you the best, hopefully things will improve rapidly for you.
As to the Ramsey's and what makes sense, I don't even want to get started so I'll leave your post as it stands and continue to believe what I do about them. Nothing personal, but my thoughts and knowledge of that case contradict your's and therefor we're at a stalemate.
I do respect your insight on Baby Lisa case, for that you've really done your homework. I never knew Deb was married to someone else or that there were other kids involved. Thanks! Changes my mind about all that and perhaps she really is responsible.
As far as your theory on the Ramsey's, thank you! For at least three years after Jon Benet's death, I studied this case as thoroughly as I could. I read books, and articles on the Internet, trying to scrutinize the origin and writers, and staying away from any blogs. I have a theory on what happened, and I truly think I am close to the truth. However, there have recently been several bloggers on various Topix threads who are now being sued by families because of what they have posted, so I prefer not to post my ideas at this time. If any one on this particular forum was registered, I might send a private message, but not openly and publicly.

So far, nothing has convinced me that the Ramsey's are innocent in what happened to their precious little girl.. not buying it.. not even 'renting' it...LOL!

Since: May 11

AOL

#96820 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as your theory on the Ramsey's, thank you! For at least three years after Jon Benet's death, I studied this case as thoroughly as I could. I read books, and articles on the Internet, trying to scrutinize the origin and writers, and staying away from any blogs. I have a theory on what happened, and I truly think I am close to the truth. However, there have recently been several bloggers on various Topix threads who are now being sued by families because of what they have posted, so I prefer not to post my ideas at this time. If any one on this particular forum was registered, I might send a private message, but not openly and publicly.
So far, nothing has convinced me that the Ramsey's are innocent in what happened to their precious little girl.. not buying it.. not even 'renting' it...LOL!
Hi Ponderings:D
LOL about 'renting'! Well said.
I don't know how anyone can sue another for their opinion unless they state their opinion as fact. I'm not careful to write IMO every time I post, but clearly it's just an opinion if we're writing on a public forum.
I'd love to hear your theory if you'd like to tell me, but if not, I get the gist and agree;)

Since: Jan 13

Bloomington, IN

#96821 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ponderings:D
LOL about 'renting'! Well said.
I don't know how anyone can sue another for their opinion unless they state their opinion as fact. I'm not careful to write IMO every time I post, but clearly it's just an opinion if we're writing on a public forum.
I'd love to hear your theory if you'd like to tell me, but if not, I get the gist and agree;)
Okay - I forgot to notice that you are registered. I will be gone for a few hours, but this evening I will try to PM you. So, stay tuned!

Since: May 11

AOL

#96822 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - I forgot to notice that you are registered. I will be gone for a few hours, but this evening I will try to PM you. So, stay tuned!
Can't wait! Thanks sweetie:D
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96823 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings, re your post earlier where you make itemized reasons why you believe the Ramseys to be guilty in JonBenets' death; BLESS YOUR HEART! You have given it a lot of thought and hours of your time in trying to arrive at the right conclusion in your beliefs & opinions. PLEASE know that I have the highest and utmost respect for your posts and what you believe happened that night.

I could itemize and explain the opinions of others in each one of these itemizations where you could be wrong; but then, SO COULD I BE WRONG!

I just want you to know that for the first few years after JBRs' death, I leaned heavily towards believing pretty much the same things you do now, but these opinions were all based on news releases and publications, talking heads, and 'he said, she said' and 'he did and she did' and 'they thought' and so on. However, even then it never made sense to me that either one of the Ramseys would kill the child and leave her lying dead in the basement and write up a stupid nonsensical kidnapping letter that appears to be entirely in Patsy's handwriting; when they, or either one, could have more easily disposed of JonBenet without creating the slightest suspicion of guilt on themselves.

It was a number of years ago that I began to do my own research to see what the professionals had to say about their OWN research into the death of JonBenet and it was after THIS that I began to feel; 'wait just a minute! Maybe the Ramsey's aren't as guilty as they might have appeared to be.' Over these years, Pondering, I have read MANY reports made by well-known experts in their field, with vast experience, citing the evidence that there WAS an intruder in the home and that Patsy did NOT write the letter, and so much more.

I suggest that you google: "Evidence and Research in the Death of JonBenet Ramsey". There you will find MANY subheadings for these many research reports made by professionals, not bloggers, the media or others who have limited or no knowledge other than what they've 'heard' and believe. Among these reports, read "Evidence in JBR case points to intruder."
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96824 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi EON, it's nice to meet you too! I've read you're not well and wish you the best, hopefully things will improve rapidly for you.
As to the Ramsey's and what makes sense, I don't even want to get started so I'll leave your post as it stands and continue to believe what I do about them. Nothing personal, but my thoughts and knowledge of that case contradict your's and therefor we're at a stalemate.
I do respect your insight on Baby Lisa case, for that you've really done your homework. I never knew Deb was married to someone else or that there were other kids involved. Thanks! Changes my mind about all that and perhaps she really is responsible.
Hi Topaz! Thanks for your response. Just know that I highly respect your opinions and not just my own. I don't think ANYONE is entirely right all of the time and this includes myself; NOR am I trying to sway anyone to believe as I do.

My train of thought in nearly everything I do comes full circle back to the wisdom of: What does the actual evidence (or lack of) show? Would you go talk to your auto mechanic about your brain tumor to see what HE thinks or would you go to see your Oncology Brain Surgeon who is knowledgeable? Heresay is one thing, trained knowledge and experience is quite another.

So you see, I too have read ALL of the opinions and blogs and LE news releases, and heard all of the talking heads and other news media, and everything else everyone thought about the evidence and circumstances of JBs' gruesome murder; THEN I sought out what DO THE PROFESSIONALS in their chosen field, who did massive research into the matter, MOST of whom were not paid to give their reports, think happened to JonBenet and what was the Ramseys' involvement? It was THERE that I drew my final conculsion that they were NOT involved.

One thing we do know: IFFF either one WERE involved in JBs' murder, then it is known to Almighty God and they (he/she) will surely pay for it throughout all eternity. And that's pretty much where I rest my mind on every issue in this crazy world where things frequently look like what they're not.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96825 Oct 12, 2013
Sami wrote:
Great points Ponderings, Karma & KG. I dunno what happened to poor JBR either. It doesn't seem like Patsy could have been drunk and went into a rage over the soiled panties and hurt her. I never wanted to believe they were the ones who killed her as I saw no reason for them to have, but they could have accidentally killed her. All I know is their actions after were beyond strange. I never understood any of their factions including leaving within hours. That poor baby was just waiting for santa and instead of santa she was killed by a monster.
Sami, everyone makes excellent points. No one can dispute that, particularly since none of us were there and do not know for a fact what happened that night into each and every little detail. As to Patsy being drunk, I never read the first report from witnesses who were with them at their earlier dinner party, who said Patsy OR John were drunk. This is news to me.

To my way of thinking, I didn't find their actions all that strange afterwards either, particularly after I read the many reports of professionals who investigated for MANY months and gave entirely DIFFERENT reports concerning Patsy & Johns' behavior and total cooperation with LE and NOT just what inexperienced LE said at the time.

I also did not find it so unusual that Patsy had not changed her clothes after coming home from the dinner party. How many of us have come home late, and tired, and know that we have to get up in just a few short hours, and have laid down in the same clothes we were wearing? I know I certainly HAVE. I have even laid down on a few occasions on the bare mattress without even putting the mattress pads or sheets on the bed because I was just too tired.

As to Patsy washing JBs' peed on sheets that night, this too is possible, but IMO, highly doubtful. Patsy had housekeepers and didn't have to turn her soft hands to do laundry or anything else. Nineteen people had keys to their house, including their housekeepers, who would have been coming in to clean after they left the next day. Why should Patsy worry herself about peed on sheets? Makes no sense.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96826 Oct 12, 2013
Hi! Annie & All! Truthfully, I have no idea what happened to poor JBR. I really don't. I didn't hear that Patsy was drunk that ngt., just wondering. Heck, I didn't even know she didn't change her clothes after the party as I really didn't follow this case in it's entirety. However, now that you mention that she did sleep in her formal clothing, I do find that odd. Not because I haven't slept in mine, but I don't believe I have ever slept in formal clothing, especially on x-mas eve knowing I would have to wake early with my children for santa. I personally would rather be in my sleepwear so early rather then wake and have to change. Besides, she doesn't seem like the kind who would sleep in her formal attire or on a bare mattress, if that's what she did as well. I don't know the whole story so I really don't know what happened in this case. It's just so sad.

Hope you're feeling better Annie! xxoo
Karma

Canton, OH

#96827 Oct 12, 2013
The home that Sandy and Casey Parsons was evicted from caught on fire.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/301713/5... -
Karma

Canton, OH

#96828 Oct 12, 2013
Homeowner William Parsons was there working on the house, so far they are saying the possible cause was a microwave. Guess the investigation is still under way. There was a link on one of the sites that shows the condition they left the house in. OMG...PIGSTY!!

Since: May 11

AOL

#96829 Oct 12, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Topaz! Thanks for your response. Just know that I highly respect your opinions and not just my own. I don't think ANYONE is entirely right all of the time and this includes myself; NOR am I trying to sway anyone to believe as I do.
My train of thought in nearly everything I do comes full circle back to the wisdom of: What does the actual evidence (or lack of) show? Would you go talk to your auto mechanic about your brain tumor to see what HE thinks or would you go to see your Oncology Brain Surgeon who is knowledgeable? Heresay is one thing, trained knowledge and experience is quite another.
So you see, I too have read ALL of the opinions and blogs and LE news releases, and heard all of the talking heads and other news media, and everything else everyone thought about the evidence and circumstances of JBs' gruesome murder; THEN I sought out what DO THE PROFESSIONALS in their chosen field, who did massive research into the matter, MOST of whom were not paid to give their reports, think happened to JonBenet and what was the Ramseys' involvement? It was THERE that I drew my final conculsion that they were NOT involved.
One thing we do know: IFFF either one WERE involved in JBs' murder, then it is known to Almighty God and they (he/she) will surely pay for it throughout all eternity. And that's pretty much where I rest my mind on every issue in this crazy world where things frequently look like what they're not.
Thanks for your thoughts on JBR case, EON. I'm certainly not here to change anyone's opinion about that or anything else. Tis my opinion no intruder entered that home that night, nor did Patsy just throw on the same clothing and slather on makeup before 6 am the following day EVER.(she handed her sister a scroll of things she wanted from the house asking for cashmere coat, velvet jeans, sweaters, etc. and the dept store brought her a bunch of dresses to choose from for the funeral..hardly the time to care about dresses, Patsy even designed a hat to wear in the midst of her mourning. Patsy was nothing if not vain, so yes, it does seem weird she'd wear the same outfit from the night before with a closet full of fun clothes. But anyway, thanks for your input!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96830 Oct 13, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your thoughts on JBR case, EON. I'm certainly not here to change anyone's opinion about that or anything else. Tis my opinion no intruder entered that home that night, nor did Patsy just throw on the same clothing and slather on makeup before 6 am the following day EVER.(she handed her sister a scroll of things she wanted from the house asking for cashmere coat, velvet jeans, sweaters, etc. and the dept store brought her a bunch of dresses to choose from for the funeral..hardly the time to care about dresses, Patsy even designed a hat to wear in the midst of her mourning. Patsy was nothing if not vain, so yes, it does seem weird she'd wear the same outfit from the night before with a closet full of fun clothes. But anyway, thanks for your input!
Topaz, where was it written that Patsy threw on the same clothing at 6:00 a.m. and slathered on makeup over the old? It was reported that Patsy still had on the same clothing and makeup from the night before. Didn't you read my posts above? Obviously, whatever sleep Patsy got the night before was due to her lying down in the same clothing without preparing for bed, planning to shower and dress the next morning, but when she went downstairs to make the coffee, this is when she found the kidnap letter and JB missing.

What is wrong with Patsy having given her sister a list of things she wanted to take on their trip, or with having the dept store send out clothing for her to chose from and to wear to the funeral? It is not all THAT unusual for ones' favorite sales clerk at your favorite dept store to have things sent out to your home for approval. At least she wasn't running around shopping. And may I ask, what would be wrong with her recustomizing the hat she wanted to wear? And WHAT may I ask does any of this have to do with Patsy murdering her daughter?

Lastly, obviously you have not read the numerous professional opinions that are posted on Google, otherwise you could not come away without at least one small doubt that there WAS an intruder in the Ramsey home that night.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96831 Oct 13, 2013
Sami wrote:
Hi! Annie & All! Truthfully, I have no idea what happened to poor JBR. I really don't. I didn't hear that Patsy was drunk that ngt., just wondering. Heck, I didn't even know she didn't change her clothes after the party as I really didn't follow this case in it's entirety. However, now that you mention that she did sleep in her formal clothing, I do find that odd. Not because I haven't slept in mine, but I don't believe I have ever slept in formal clothing, especially on x-mas eve knowing I would have to wake early with my children for santa. I personally would rather be in my sleepwear so early rather then wake and have to change. Besides, she doesn't seem like the kind who would sleep in her formal attire or on a bare mattress, if that's what she did as well. I don't know the whole story so I really don't know what happened in this case. It's just so sad.
Hope you're feeling better Annie! xxoo
Sami, I never read or heard anywhere that Patsy had slept in "formal" clothing. The Ramseys had attended a Christmas Evening dinner party (the night of the 25th) at their friends,(I believe it was "Fleets") home, with their children. This would not have been a "formal" party, per se', but a nicely dressed dinner party with the children of the guests present. It was Christmas night, not Christmas Eve, and the Ramseys were set to fly to their vacation home in Mich the next morning, the 26th.

Didn't mean to confuse you. When I mentioned sleeping on a bare mattress, I did not mean to imply that John & Patsy had ever slept on a bare mattress, I merely mentioned this in comparison to my own self, saying that I had ALSO slept in my clothing a few times in my lifetime (it's a miserable way to sleep!) and had even slept on a bare mattress on a (very rare) occasion, being too tired to make up the bed. I simply used that scenario to state that I could understand how Patsy might have laid down on the bed still wearing her dinner clothes without changing into her night gown and properly getting ready for bed, since I have done this very thing myself a time or two.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96832 Oct 13, 2013
In conclusion (I hope), I just want to say that I do not intend to belabor this issue indefinitely, as to whether the Ramseys (both, or either one) had anything to do with JonBenet's murder.

None of us know FOR SURE what really happened there that night, OR prior to that night; or how, or who else may have been involved. It IS known that nineteen people had keys to that house and this does not include workmen and others who might have had duplicate keys made for themselves or for someone else. MANY people had access to the home over a long period of time and easily could have been in and out of it when no one was there.

It's a fact that words and appearances can be twisted and a person can be made to look guilty when they are not. We can fall into the trap of believing twisted news media who eternally seek paying sponsors and ratings, and be damned with the truth; we can worship inadequate LE as our false Gods and believe every word that comes pouring out of their (sometimes) lying mouth; we can grab hold of and believe false rumors and jump to conclusions; OR we can seek to find the wisdom of the professionals, whose profession it is to weigh every aspect of the subject at hand and to seek out the evidence (or lack of) and pursue it to a logical conclusion.

I chose to go with the later and THIS is how I concluded in my own mind, that the Ramseys were not/are not guilty. IMO it is very foolish to make up ones' mind as to the guilt of another without pursuing the possibility of their innocence, particularly when there ARE professionals at hand who dispute this guilty assessment; not lying lawyers, but bona fide educated and trained professionals; THAT, coupled with using my own plain common sense. Could I be wrong? Could they be wrong? Absolutely!

Not insignificant, is the fact that it is WRONG before God to blatantly falsely accuse someone of committing a crime they may have not committed, without AT LEAST coming forth with the evidence that they DID commit the crime in question; particularly when there is clarified evidence that they did NOT commit the crime.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96833 Oct 13, 2013
Karma wrote:
The home that Sandy and Casey Parsons was evicted from caught on fire.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/301713/5... -
Mornin' Karma. Thank you for posting the link re the house fire. It doesn't say much, does it? I wonder if LE were able to get all the missing teenagers possible abuse evidence out of the house prior to the fire? Or where the Parsons family lived prior to moving into this home? There might be evidence there too.

One would think the owners' son and DIL would have left the home immaculate since they were taking advantage of the father by even being allowed to squat there basically rent free, then claiming they made all these improvements. My guess would be that they offered to make improvements in lieu of paying rent.

Nonetheless, if they had nothing properly executed and witnessed in writing then they can get nowhere with their claims against the father. How many of us actually require our grown kids to execute a formal agreement when we go out on the limb for them financially? My guess is they didn't have a formal agreement in writing and now the father is up the creek with no help from his son and DIL, not even with the nasty mess they left him to clean up.

I wonder what kind of relationship they really had, and why the father never noticed that the teenage adopted daughter was missing? IMO, this too is worth looking into in the investigation of the childs' whereabouts.

Do you have any idea as to what happened to the initial report where the adopted step-brother was said to have walked into the police station and reported his step-sister missing for nearly two years; or where the other reports are of the investigation?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96834 Oct 13, 2013
I see that someone is p'ssed at me for having a different opinion than theirs in the Ramsey case; obviously someone sitting here angry because I see it a little differently than you do. Are you saying I'm not entitled to have my own opinion?

I have not, and don't intend, to argue with anyone concerning our differences in opinions. I've said that I respect your opinions so why can't you respect mine? You don't have to agree, but the least you could do is allow for the possibility that someone else may not have the same precepts you do, without slinging insults at that person.

I never said once that you are wrong, my implications are that you MAY be wrong, and for this I pointed you to multiple professional research and the evidence that MIGHT prove you are wrong. Don't you want to know the truth? If you don't want to consider this possibility that's perfectly alright with me; just you don't need to get insulting towards me.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96835 Oct 13, 2013
Karma wrote:
The home that Sandy and Casey Parsons was evicted from caught on fire.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/301713/5... -
Did you see this article: Parsonses PAID to vacate Salisbury home
http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/...

William Parsons filed eviction paperwork claiming that Sandy and Casey owed him $26,000.
Then, he PAID them "a good bit" as he says, to move out. Coincidentally, he turns on the power, and the house burns immediately following.
HMMM - maybe the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Maybe, Sandy learned how to turn an illegal buck from his dad.

I found something that no one is talking about. The first search warrant shows lots of cameras, cell phones, and pictures were seized. This leads me to believe that there might have been some type of illegal photographing, or filming (child porn)?
Also seized was a Wells Fargo deposit slip for Shirley B. Parsons. I can not find such a person in relation to Casey and Sandy. Could this be a fake account? Shirley is Casey's Mother's name, but, her last name is Stone. B. for Brooke, possibly?
What could the Parson's have been selling that they had to hide the money in a fake account?
Karma

Canton, OH

#96836 Oct 13, 2013
Good morning Anne,

You are right, it really didn't say much. I am guessing b/c it just happened a few days ago and the investigation is still going on.

However, I did find this regarding Casey's father saying he witnessed abuse. Says he was going to report Erica missing but found out his grandson already had. THEN, it says Sandy's father (homeowner) disagrees with the abuse and talks about how much they LOVED their kids. Sure doesn't sound like it by what Casey's father witnessed.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/...

In this one, it talks about having removed red stained drywall, baseboards, and flooring from their home, and that she was reported missing July 30 by her 19 yr old adoptive brother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23953...

Okay, one more lol. This is Erica's timeline and the search warrants history of abuse. Found these three sites to be helpful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23953...
Karma

Canton, OH

#96837 Oct 13, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see this article: Parsonses PAID to vacate Salisbury home
http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/...
William Parsons filed eviction paperwork claiming that Sandy and Casey owed him $26,000.
Then, he PAID them "a good bit" as he says, to move out. Coincidentally, he turns on the power, and the house burns immediately following.
HMMM - maybe the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Maybe, Sandy learned how to turn an illegal buck from his dad.
I found something that no one is talking about. The first search warrant shows lots of cameras, cell phones, and pictures were seized. This leads me to believe that there might have been some type of illegal photographing, or filming (child porn)?
Also seized was a Wells Fargo deposit slip for Shirley B. Parsons. I can not find such a person in relation to Casey and Sandy. Could this be a fake account? Shirley is Casey's Mother's name, but, her last name is Stone. B. for Brooke, possibly?
What could the Parson's have been selling that they had to hide the money in a fake account?
OMG King George!! Thanks for sharing! Excellent post! Bet you are right on! These ppl definitely have a lot to hide I see. Now, they may have been involved in child porn??? Those are my thoughts too!! If you get time, check out the last link on my post above. Pretty interesting information about these two evil monsters! Says James Parsons (adoptive son) reported her missing after he was kicked out of the house. Bet they weren't expecting that. Probably wished they could go push the rewind button and keep him there as long as he wished to keep his mouth closed!

I didn't see that he flipped the light on and the house immediately caught fire. Yea, I think William Parson's has taught Sandy a trick or two. Def agree with you King George.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96838 Oct 13, 2013
GM ALL!

Tks., for the info. on the fire. I wouldn't be surprised if Casey & Sandy rigged the microwave. It's awful funny the father turns on the power & boom. Heck, they were going to sell his house and/or property belonging to the house and they weren't exactly happy they were being evicted. I don't think it's a stretch to believe these vindictive, liars, would do something like this. Annie, it's the bio son who went to the PO. They're trashing him now too saying he's bipolar, etc. Those ppl can look you right in the eyes and lie. Did you see their interviews? Well, I should say Casey's interviews cuz Sandy didn't talk. They will lie to no end. They have a ridiculous answer for everything kinda like babykiller Casey A. No matter how pathetic their answers are, they have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,220,399
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min cpeter1313 309,682
News Reggae Artist Buju Banton Arrested For Drug Cha... (Dec '09) 27 min tmcseasoul 15
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,700
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Progressive Democrat 52,858
Dog Feces on ground 5 hr DPressler 4
Mark Levinson Remembered as Jeweler and Philant... 17 hr Ex Wife 3
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]