Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning. Full Story
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96752 Oct 8, 2013
Sami wrote:
Annie, that is so sad about the guy you saw die. That had to be just horrible for all of you & your poor lil GD. I can't imagine. t's bad enough seeing an accident, but seeing someone lose their life is awful. A couple yrs. ago I picked my youngest up from school and my younger son was with me and I was at the red light and saw a accident where both cars got totaled. I saw it was gonna happen too. I ran to the closet car where there was just a lady & asked if she was ok & she said yes, she had a cut on her face then I ran to the 2nd car where there were two adults, a baby and a child about 3. A man helped the driver out and I grabbed the 3 yr. old and took him out of the road. They were all ok but the lil boys mouth was bleeding whre he bit his lip so I ran to my car and got napkins and wiped it. Thank goodness they were ok, but I'll tell you my hands were shaking for probably an hour after.
Sami, Caroline and I didn't really see this guy actually die as he was positioned in the left center lane with his head away from us. It was Brain who watched him die as he put his t-shirt under his head and tried to comfort him. Brian was facing us and we could see him sitting and leaning down close to the guy, trying to hold and talk to him. Among other things Brian tried to say to him, he said he asked him what his name was and all he ever said was "my name is Randy" before he died.

Yes, it was shocking for us knowing and seeing that this man had died almost in Brians' arms. This happened around 7:30ish in the evening just as it was getting dark. For a little while the EMTs tried to work with him, then loaded him, drove a few paces, stopped and turned around, taking him away in the opposite direction from the nearest trauma center which was only at the next I-75 intersection. They had given up and drove off in the direction of the nearest hospital morgue which was in the opposite direction. All evening all we could do was sit in stunned silence. The only good thing that came out of it was Brian forever gave up on wanting a motorcycle. I guess it was meant to be for us to be at that intersection at that time.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96753 Oct 8, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
That child has a special place in Heaven, you can rest assure, and for all eternity. As far as those who tortured her, God has prepared a place for them too, and it is where Satan dwells. And this too, will last forever. We as humans are used to a "beginning and an end" because while we are on earth, our lives depend entirely on a time line. It is difficult for us to comprehend "forever" - this means not a thousand years, not for a zillion years; it means ETERNITY; no beginning and no end.
This is SO SO true Ponderings!! Back to God, through Christ, is the only hope any of us has; either through this life, out of this life, or for all eternity. There IS no other hope for any of us and nothing else matters. We are only here for a little while.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96754 Oct 8, 2013
Sami wrote:
Annie, that is so sad about the guy you saw die. That had to be just horrible for all of you & your poor lil GD. I can't imagine. t's bad enough seeing an accident, but seeing someone lose their life is awful. A couple yrs. ago I picked my youngest up from school and my younger son was with me and I was at the red light and saw a accident where both cars got totaled. I saw it was gonna happen too. I ran to the closet car where there was just a lady & asked if she was ok & she said yes, she had a cut on her face then I ran to the 2nd car where there were two adults, a baby and a child about 3. A man helped the driver out and I grabbed the 3 yr. old and took him out of the road. They were all ok but the lil boys mouth was bleeding whre he bit his lip so I ran to my car and got napkins and wiped it. Thank goodness they were ok, but I'll tell you my hands were shaking for probably an hour after.
Thank God you were there Sami, and were able to help these people, particularly the little boy who must have been frightened out of his little mind. You were SO sweet for not panicking and doing all you could. I guess sometimes we are meant to be at a certain place at a certain time? Then we tremble and think about all the "what ifs" after its' all over.

Like Brian, who goes into a tense mode every time he sees a motorcycle or if one gets close to us, and this was seven or eight years ago that he witnessed the death of the motorcycle driver. For me, I never get irritated anymore when I am in a hurry and traffic gets snarled or if I am running late. I always stop to think,'maybe I was just saved from a worse thing just up the road'.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96755 Oct 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Not to mention Sami, there wouldn't even be a search for her today IF the son (Casey/Sandra's son) didn't speak up and report her missing.
True Curious; and I am wondering WHERE IS THIS adopted son and what is LE doing about his statement? If he is credible, he is the only witness against these monsters! Even if he isn't credible or maybe if he has a mental deficient of some sort, that still doesn't mean that he wasn't telling the truth about what they did to Erica. Has anyone seen his statement?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96756 Oct 8, 2013
Have to run now, have get ready for my treatment today. Don't know if I'll be physically able to stop in later.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS: My radiation treatments were recalculated and TODAY IS THE LAST ONE!!!!! Which is a good thing as they have made me so weak that I am hardly able now to get around. NOW they tell me it is going to take a while to get my strength back. Alrighty then. I can take it just knowing my burned throat will start to recover!(Maybe Vic will come back soon and can help me with more of her trusty advice).

THEN, in thirty days I should know what the prognosis is! Is my throat healed, or what's next? Either way, I will deal with it as I know that I am not alone and all is well.

ALL, have a wonderful afternoon and evening! xx00xx
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96757 Oct 8, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
True Curious; and I am wondering WHERE IS THIS adopted son and what is LE doing about his statement? If he is credible, he is the only witness against these monsters! Even if he isn't credible or maybe if he has a mental deficient of some sort, that still doesn't mean that he wasn't telling the truth about what they did to Erica. Has anyone seen his statement?
Hey Anne,

I have not seen the statement just heard that he was the one that spoke up about not seeing her for the past two yrs. Even if he doesn't know anything about her whereabouts, I am at least glad he spoke up so LE could begin the search. I am sure these two self serving fools would have been cashing those checks until she would have turned 18 or w/e age it stops. Hope an arrest is coming soon, however, very doubtful it will.

Glad your computer is back up and runnin lol.
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96758 Oct 8, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Have to run now, have get ready for my treatment today. Don't know if I'll be physically able to stop in later.
BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS: My radiation treatments were recalculated and TODAY IS THE LAST ONE!!!!! Which is a good thing as they have made me so weak that I am hardly able now to get around. NOW they tell me it is going to take a while to get my strength back. Alrighty then. I can take it just knowing my burned throat will start to recover!(Maybe Vic will come back soon and can help me with more of her trusty advice).
THEN, in thirty days I should know what the prognosis is! Is my throat healed, or what's next? Either way, I will deal with it as I know that I am not alone and all is well.
ALL, have a wonderful afternoon and evening! xx00xx
Thats wonderful news Anne, glad today is the last radiation treatment!! Hope you get better from here and like you said, your throat heals!
Sami

Howell, MI

#96759 Oct 8, 2013
WHHHOO Annie! I'm so glad this is your last treatment. Your Dr. said everything was looking good so I pray you will be just fine. Keep your head up and I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Everything you, Ponderings, Curious, Karma & Zazz said is exactly right IMO. These poor babies suffered so much and nobody helped them. It really does just break my heart. Poor Zahra, she went through so much and they did take her leg away & her hearing aid when they didn't turn it up. The evil stepmom even made her walk up and down a hill in that leg that was too small. She & the father will rot in he--. They have no soul.

Yep, poor lil Caylee's GP knew she was gone. They knew their tramp azz daughter didn't care about her. Instead of fighting for justice for their innocent helpless GD, they lied and helped their killer daughter get off scott free. They should be in prison too.

That was the bio son who told Erica was missing, then of course the liars started saying he was a bad kid and he has bipolar, blah, blah. They'll go straight to hell too.
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96760 Oct 8, 2013
Bet the bio son couldn't wait to turn 18 and haul *ss outta that home!! Notice he reported her missing after turning 18, probably knew he would be next if he said anything. Been checking for updates on arrests in Elaina, Ayla, and Kyron's cases. Sadly, nothing new.
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96761 Oct 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Bet the bio son couldn't wait to turn 18 and haul *ss outta that home!! Notice he reported her missing after turning 18, probably knew he would be next if he said anything. Been checking for updates on arrests in Elaina, Ayla, and Kyron's cases. Sadly, nothing new.
Other than the arrest of the bf Stephen King and mom Angela Steinfurth before she (Elaina) was found. Was hoping to find they were arrested and will be charged with murder. Probably still to come.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96762 Oct 8, 2013
Curious, can you even imagine living in that house with that psycho mom? You can tell she's a control freak liar. She probably made them do all the chores and threatened them all the time. The only one she's convincing of her lies is herself.
Canton, OH

#96763 Oct 8, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sami, I was not able to watch the video you mentioned as sweet Zaraha's torment troubles me so. This childs' lingering, excruciatingly painful torture and death makes me sicker than some of them do because she was tortured and suffered so long before she finally gave up the ghost and died.
Due to cancer earlier on, she only had one leg and had to wear a hearing aide. The evil devil b'tch would take her articial leg away from her and make her crawl on the floor begging. She would turn up the hearing aid and make her listen to loud devil music for endless hours and days, she would torment her with food then snatch it away leaving her helpless and hungry. She was forced to stay in her room lying on a filthy mattress on the floor, with feces & urine, while men were allowed to come in and rape her. And so much more.
You know, I trust God explicitly in EVERYTHING, with total acceptance, and I know that we can't question God or demand answers; but if there ever would be something I would like to ask Him it would be why did you let this child suffer so long and so hard before you took her out of the hands of these devils?
He said that all things would be revealed and that nothing would be hidden; that which is done in the dark will be brought to the light, so maybe in the sweet bye and bye we will know these answers? I DO know that her torment was not His will nor was He in any way to be blamed for it. Beyond that, all I know is that she is an angel in His Heavenlies, is far removed from the demons that tormented her, and this satisfies my soul. So from there I go right back where I was and accept God at his word without question, which is the only thing that brings me any lasting peace.
Anne, it broke my heart knowing what happened to Zahara (sp?), then seeing her in those videos smiling b/c she could hear when she had the hearing aids put in. Beyond saddening this 10 yr. old did not know what it was like to be loved, nurtured, and cared for.
Canton, OH

#96764 Oct 8, 2013
Hey Sami,

Remember baby Lisa? It was said tonight that cadaver dogs hit on a spot in the mothers bedroom. Remember her, out on the porch drinking with the neighbors and conveniently doesn't know what happened to her baby. There were no signs of forced entry. Well, the police are saying they haven't heard a word from her (mother) since the beginning of the case. Of course, no arrests have been made. The parents are saying they hired a new PR whom is pointing fingers at the man seen in the video at midnight carrying a child. According to LE, that man was located, interviewed, and cleared. Now, its back to it possibly being the man known as "Jersey", the meth head that lives down the street. Hmm, wonder why an innocent mother (yea right) would not be in contact with LE while searching for her missing daughter. This is another case that makes me sick! Deborah and Jeremy are still refusing to be interviewed separately. If they are innocent, they sure aren't making it look that way!
King George

Seymour, IN

#96768 Oct 9, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA zazz, Adam Baker is a total POS that did nothing to protect his daughter and I also believe he was sexually abusing her. It made me sick when he actually stood there laughing when the cameras were rolling and his "missing" daughter was being discussed.
The evil step-monster speaks out in prison spewing more of her lies! I didn't know Adam was in the country illegally and had been deported. Disgusts me he did not have to pay for his involvement in the murder of his defenseless daughter.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/elisa-b...
That's the thing, Karma. Elisa wasn't lying.
The terms of her plea agreement were:
""First, in exchange for ending the search for Zahra Baker and ending the mystery that surrounded her death, the prosecution of Elisa Baker would be limited to second-degree murder so long as her statement to law enforcement was truthful," District Attorney James C. Gaither said in a press release today.

"Second, in the event that it was determined that Elisa Baker was not truthful, she could be prosecuted for first-degree murder, but her statements and evidence would be excluded," the district attorney continued. "In other words, Elisa Baker's statements would be admissible only in a prosecution of second-degree murder or less.""
http://murderpedia.org/female.B/b/baker-elisa...

Throughout the investigation, Elisa maintained that Adam had dismembered Zahra's body, and that she and Adam, BOTH, had disposed of the body parts. When cadaver dogs were brought in, they hit on BOTH the Camry (Baker family car), and the Tahoe (work truck). reinforcing Elisa's claim that she did not act alone in the disposal.

Elisa was only able to lead investigators to SOME of Zahra's body parts. Zahra's skull was not found until hunters stumbled upon it in April of 2012.
IF she had acted alone, like authorities told us she did, as per the terms of the plea agreement, she would have been required to lead investigators to ALL of the body parts, or faced a first degree murder charge.

In Feb. 2011, Elisa Baker was indicted on a charge of SECOND DEGREE MURDER. She had told the truth.
While authorities did hold up their end of the bargain by allowing the second degree murder charge for her truthful statements, the did NOT allow her statements concerning Adam's participation to be admissible in court.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for this POS. I don't think that she should EVER see another day of freedom.
I think that EVERYONE involved in this crime should be rotting in a cell.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96769 Oct 9, 2013
GM ALL!

KG, I agree that Adam was involved in his daughters murder. This would explain why he never pointed fingers at Elisa. He was never even angry at her. There's no way those three could live in that little house and he not know the abuse his daughter was suffering. iirc, isn't he the fone that told le someone took his daughter? Also, when the fire truck came to the house he didn't even check on her well being. What child doesn't come to the door at the sound of sirens? He says he didn't see her for weeks? He never ate dinner with her, checked in on her to even say hi or good night? Why he wasn't charged is beyond me.

Thanks for the info. Karma. I agree with you & Liz. This is another case like Caylee's. Lisa's mother isn't interested in helping LE find her baby. She wants nothing to do with them cuz she knows what happened to her baby imo. I didn't know there was a hit in her bedroom, but I'm not surprised. iirc, she said she didn't check on that baby for many hours. IMO, she wanted to party and she either drugged that baby or hurt that baby so she could have her "me" time as I believe she put it.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96770 Oct 9, 2013
Karma wrote:
Hey Sami,
Remember baby Lisa? It was said tonight that cadaver dogs hit on a spot in the mothers bedroom. Remember her, out on the porch drinking with the neighbors and conveniently doesn't know what happened to her baby. There were no signs of forced entry. Well, the police are saying they haven't heard a word from her (mother) since the beginning of the case. Of course, no arrests have been made. The parents are saying they hired a new PR whom is pointing fingers at the man seen in the video at midnight carrying a child. According to LE, that man was located, interviewed, and cleared. Now, its back to it possibly being the man known as "Jersey", the meth head that lives down the street. Hmm, wonder why an innocent mother (yea right) would not be in contact with LE while searching for her missing daughter. This is another case that makes me sick! Deborah and Jeremy are still refusing to be interviewed separately. If they are innocent, they sure aren't making it look that way!
This one makes me sick, too. But, for a different reason.
The screen to the Irwin's computer room window had been damaged, and removed.
Jersey was a homeless man who stayed with a guy across the street from the Irwin's from time to time. Neighbors said that he did odd jobs for people in the area. They also said that he frequently asked to use their phones, as he did not have one of his own. One neighbor (who had spoken with him on the afternoon of Lisa's disappearance) said the neighbor who Jersey stayed with was on vacation, and Jersey was responsible for maintaining his yard in his absence. She said that Jersey was turning on the sprinklers, and she commented on the fact that he had just shaved off all of his hair that day.

Jersey was the FIRST person LE was looking for in connection to Lisa's disappearance. The day after Lisa's disappearance, LE hit the street with a picture of Jersey asking neighbors if they'd seen him. Once they found him, they arrested him on a warrant, and said - Oh, he had nothing to do with that.
Then investigators went to an abandoned house where Jersey stayed from time to time, and searched a well that was hidden under a deck. Then they tore the house down. Yep, right then and there. Didn't even contact the homeowner. The man who owned the house, actually saw that it was being leveled on the news.
Authorities said that the house was a danger, and needed to come down right now. Even though the house had been standing there abandoned like that for years, and tearing it down would destroy any evidence that they might have missed - it could not be left standing, another minute.

On the night that Lisa disappeared, one neighbor said that late into the evening, the sprinklers that Jersey had started that afternoon were still running. She noticed that they had been turned off at around 11:30 pm (ie, Jersey was in the area). Around 12:00, two witnesses claim to have seen a man matching Jersey's description walking down the street with a baby.
The baby and the cell phones were missing from the Irwin home. IMO, if you've just stolen a baby for someone, and you need to call in to tell them "mission accomplished", but, you're a guy without a phone, you probably better take the family phones with you. When call logs were traced for the missing phones, it was found that the ONLY call made from any of those phones was a call to -- Jersey's GIRLFRIEND.
But, he had NOTHING to do with Lisa's disappearance.
Deb Bradley did it because - she went to the store with her brother, and bought some wine, paper plates, and baby food. Then, she went home, and drank some of that wine with the neighbor lady, and what kind of a monster does something like that!
Curious

Bumpass, VA

#96771 Oct 9, 2013
GM All,

King George, thanks for the details in this case! So, I am just wondering here your take on whom is responsible for missing baby Lisa. Are you thinking it was Jersey? By your last stmt it sounds like you are not thinking Deborah had anything to do with it b/c she was doing what normal ppl do that night.(And she very well may not have had anything to do with it) I may be confused on your take but imo, if she isn't guilty at all, of at least knowing what happened to her, then I just don't understand why she hasn't been in contact with LE since the beginning, why she, and Jeremy refuse to be interviewed separately, why she failed her LDT, there are more whys but for now, I am just confused as to why this possibly innocent mother of a missing child has not hounded LE for any information regarding any new leads.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96772 Oct 9, 2013
Baby Lisa’s mother breaks silence on investigation

Posted on: 12:39 pm, October 2, 2013
updated on: 05:16pm, October 2, 2013
by Sarah J. Clark and Kathy Quinn,

KANSAS CITY, Mo.— Nearly two years after 10-month-old Lisa Irwin was reported missing from her Kansas City, Mo., home, police released an aged-progression photo. FOX 4&#8242;s Kathy Quinn spoke with baby Lisa’s parents about the photo and the investigation on Wednesday.

Lisa’s mother, Deborah Bradley was emotional during the interview, crying and wiping away tears.

“I didn’t want to put it down,” she said of the aged-progression photo. Bradley said she was a mix of emotions when she saw it for the first time.

“It was an overwhelming, so many feelings,” she said.“It was happiness to see her again, but it was sadness that she’s not in person. It was happiness because, hopefully, we’ll be able to use that to help find her. Someone has possibly seen her, knows that that picture is what she looks like and it will help generate leads and tips.”

Oct. 4 will mark two years since Lisa was reported missing. Deborah Bradley and Lisa’s father, Jeremy Irwin, have never agreed to speak with investigators separately. On Wednesday, Bradley said she would do anything to get her daughter back.

“At this point, there is nothing in this world — and I think he (Jeremy) agrees — that we wouldn’t do to get her back,” she said.

Bradley said she understands why police looked at her and Irwin as possible suspects in the beginning, but said now it’s time to move forward. Bradley said the FBI has informed her the investigation is ongoing.

During the interview, Bradley told FOX 4&#8242;s Kathy Quinn she wanted to clear up some misconceptions that have been reported in the media. Bradley said no one ever had a cadaver dog in her bedroom and that a “hit” was not made in her bedroom. She insisted she never failed a lie detector test and claims there was police statement issued saying that there was no reason to believe Lisa was dead, but the media never reported it.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/10/02/baby-lisas-mothe...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96773 Oct 9, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt I am praying for you. I see yesterday was your last treatment. This is wonderful. I hope it wasn't too hard on you. Since you haven't posted I'm surmising you aren't feeling your best.

God bless you dear lady, please feel better soon.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96774 Oct 9, 2013
I dunno, when you see this interview with Lisa's mom it's hard to believe she did have anything to do with her daughters disappearance. Maybe KG is right. Maybe this Jersey guy waited for her to go to sleep, then came & took the baby. I dunno, but it's so sad.

Yes, Annie, I hope you're doing ok. Hope to hear from you later. xxoo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,190,558
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min adamski 51,452
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 52 min Cold Front 69,114
Gay/bi teens in Fort Lauderdale florida Sat Zackm 3
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Pearl Jam 308,914
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat rabbee yehoshooah... 71,553
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) Sat Master 477
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:48PM
Josh McCown decides to sign with the Cleveland Browns