Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98342 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96312 Sep 12, 2013
Hi! Vic, thank you, yes, this is such an unimaginable murder of a niece by her own uncle. I do believe he was going to molest her and she threatened to tell and she ran and faught. I wonder if he has abused her or her brother in the past. The mother 1st said that she didn't feel while and went back to bed after waking up and feeding the children. She woke up at 10:30ish and Willow was gone. She even put in that Willow had an argument for her b4 she took off. I dunno why the mother would want to lie for her bro., but the truth did come out later that she wasn't there early morn. or she didn't see her in the morn.iirc She may have been telling what the uncle told her he did as far as feeding them and she running off and the mother may have told the truth after she realized Willow didn't just run off. Also, she may have not told the truth cuz not only did she think Willow ran off, but the kids were there unsupervised cuz her bro went to work an hr. early that morn. and she didn't want to get into trouble. I dunno, it's all so disgusting. Lil Willow as tiny as she was seemed like a strong, smart, lil beauty. I can't imagine how terrified that poor baby had to be.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96313 Sep 13, 2013
GM Vic, Annie, King George & All!

Vic, yes, ur poor GC just lost their mom, they can't lose their furry friends too. I'msure you would agree when I say I can't even begin to understand a mother who could just take off and leave their children. I have not one ounce of respect for women like that. Those qre the type of women that shouldn't even have children cuz those are the type of women we see in the news who picks their next man over their children and its the poor children who are usually abused and suffer. I hope ur son & GC are able to find a place who accepts furry animals soon.

We are just heart broken over our dog. Both my husband and I have grown up with dogs and we are not one to give them up. My parents even spent close to 5k for cancer treatments for one of our dogs even though we were told they may not save her and they didn't. However, this is the 3rd time this guy has called the pound on our dog. Like I said before, it's a damn shame we have 100's of homes between the two connecting subs and you have to have one uncaring, evil, monster. She would have came home if he didn't restrain her and keep her to the pound got there. She only wants to play his his dog. What dog owner with kids of their own can do this? I would never do such a thing and he knows it's our dog even though we don't know him. We would get her again if we only had to pay the pound fees, but that's not the case. We would have to go to court again and pay close to $700 if not more and with my husband being sick and not working we just can't do it this time. He was sick and out of work the last time. Actually, he was in the hospital when she got lose this time. The last time he was in the hosp. for nearly a month and I had to have the Drs. fax over letters to the courthouse every wk. stating he was in the hosp. and couldn't be there. I was so pissed off. I told the secretary to tell the judge if they get a bench warrant on my husband I will call every newspaper and media station and let them know how they waste taxpayers $$$ and let them know how heartless and how much free time they have on their hands to bother us every wk. when I told them my husband is very ill and in the hospital and they got many Drs. letters stating so and they still harassed us. I also told them at one point to go ahead and get their bench warrant cuz I'm too friggen busy and worried to bother remembering to ask the Drs. and to get the bench warrant I will tell them what hospital he's in and go ahead & take him off all his meds and put him in a jail cell. BTW even though I'm his wife and live in the same house they would not let me go to court for him over our friggen puppy. That female judge would like nothing better then to get me in her court rm. The he-- with them all. I hope they're all happy cuz we certainly aren't and I'm sure our puppy isn't either....UGH
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96314 Sep 13, 2013
Oh Sweet Sami; I am just so SOO sorry. I see, you have been through a nightmare from the tortures of the damned. This man is an advocate of the devil who is always busy taking punches at Gods' people.

This is so heartbreaking. For now, there is nothing more you can do, honey. As much as I hate to say it; I have to agree with you, your hands are tied as is your husbands' and you have no choice but to seek peace over the matter.

What a shame. What a shame. Just go lie down for a while now, rest a little, sweet girl, and take some deep breaths, close your eyes. Maybe drift off to sleep for a bit. God bless your heart. My thoughts are with you, your husband & family.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#96315 Sep 13, 2013
Good afternoon All:) So glad ppl are still here for Haleigh, the other little ones gone too soon.

My heavens..when will this all stop??? Ithink they care more about the monsters than they do for the children. Theres always an excuse for their evil ways. What about the victims..they have no voice in it. So they slap 'em on the wrist, turn them lose again, they DO REPEAT!
Look @ all of them whose been in , out time &time again. It is just so sad America is like this. I say you harm a child you deserve the DP. Not given excuses for your twisted, evil ways..I'd gladly push the switch on these monsters.

We all know something terrible happened to little Haleigh. But no one has ever been charged, probably never will...And if she is found there will be no proof of cause of death, so sad!!

Wishing everybody a safe weekend...and hope all is soon well.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#96316 Sep 13, 2013
Some very great posts here...So sorry Sami. But i think Anne said it best..you've done all you can sweetie. I'm praying for you Anne...My husband went through 3 types of cancer. Thank the dear lord above ..he's cured now. Just keep praying it doesn't come back. They removed 50% of his guts. he's doing good now though. Went from 225 to 137 lbs..but by the grace of God he's back to normal. You will certainly be in my prayers Anne.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96317 Sep 13, 2013
Hi! Annie & jrw, thanks, I know you both are right. It just makes me so friggen mad. I don't even know this pos, but he knows it's our dog cuz he called me last winter to come & get her. He also knows she's a pup & she's harmless. I'm guessing these ppl just moved in within the last yr. That's ok cuz I do believe in good ole karma.

Jrw, I'm so sorry to hear about what ur husband went through and I'm so glad he has made a full recovery.

Annie, listen to jrw, you will make a full recovery too. I hope it's a speedy recovery as well. God Bless You Both!

ITA, My heart breaks for these poor innocent children. It seems like these monsters get away with their crimes time and time again. YES, anyone who harms a child should get the DP. They are the worse of the worse.
Vic

AOL

#96318 Sep 13, 2013
Sami,
Bless family's heart. What you all had to go through all because your pup wanted to play. It makes me mad..That ole man will get his one day. Good news,son just called that ole harlot's going to have to pay support. They all went to therapy this morning, therapist said he and boys are great and that she had all the problems. Great Day. I didn't find a house but did come home with a coffee table,2 end tables that a couple that was moving gave me. I'm going to paint them chrome and put casters on legs. Will look great in their new home(when I find it).

CPS took Willow's brother out of home Sunday. When you look at their pictures, his was the ones that troubled me the most. He looked so sad. Bless them. Take care
Vic

AOL

#96319 Sep 13, 2013
Eye,

I second what Sami posted. You're a fighter and you'll be around to see your GD growup and she'll be a fighter just like her Gran. Hope you're having a pain free day.

Jrw,

ITA; Put these monsters that harm our babes DOWN,Period. As much as I love animals they have more rights than our children do.

Sami,
Saddest part is that if had been a child that a neighbor had found, the court would have let child go home with parent and nothing would have been done.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96320 Sep 14, 2013
jrw wrote:
Some very great posts here...So sorry Sami. But i think Anne said it best..you've done all you can sweetie. I'm praying for you Anne...My husband went through 3 types of cancer. Thank the dear lord above ..he's cured now. Just keep praying it doesn't come back. They removed 50% of his guts. he's doing good now though. Went from 225 to 137 lbs..but by the grace of God he's back to normal. You will certainly be in my prayers Anne.
JRW, it is so good to hear from you; I wondered where you were. I am SO sorry to hear about your hubby's cancer fight, but just praise God he is back to normal! You know, that's a rarity for as much cancer and treatment as he has had? A true miracle. I only know of one other person,(of all the many friends & relatives I've had who died of cancer), who survived it after chemo and for any length of time, other than a sister-in-law. She had radiation and chemo over 15 years ago for breast cancer. It took her a long time to recover from the treatments but she has been cancer free and has done marvelously. Not long ago, cancer was found on her face but it has been zapped and AGAIN, she is cancer free! So yes ma'mam, these miracles DO exist!

There are so many posts and comments here that I would like to respond too, and plan too, but for now most of my strength is gone, so much so that most of the time I can barely sit here at the library table to finish reading or respond. Some days I seem to ease on through by taking a load of pain pills throughout the day but this is not the usual since they too make me lathargic. My day might start out like it's going to be okay, then whamo, I can hardly make it to the bed or get myself dressed to go for the next treatment, and this is only radiation, not chemo.

I'll be back as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I'm counting on getting way better, even being able to go back to work. I have not once thought "this is it" even tho I do think I may have other cancer areas, at least one more, but I'll be looking into that real soon and get it taken care of too. God bless you all.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96321 Sep 14, 2013
GM All! Yes, Annie, miracles do exist and jrw's husband is living proof. Gosh, he went through a lot and he made a full recovery. I know many ppl who have survived cancer and you will to. Just stay strong and don't exhaust yourself. Take it one day at a time and I know it's hard, but try to relax and make sure you eat and rink your ensure. The carnation breakfast packs are good to. God Bless you & your families jrw & Annie!

Vic, that's great that you got furniture for your son & GK. Did his wife take all the furniture too? I would say the Dr. is 100% right as I'm sure you already knew. Anyone who up and leaves their kids has a problem. I do hope he finds a house soon.

I haven't seen a pic of Willow's brother, but I can only imagine what that poor baby saw. He's 3 yrs. old. How heartbreaking. I did see an interview with the GM & she is really torn up. I can't even imagine what she is going through.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96322 Sep 14, 2013
King George wrote:
Hi everyone. Broken hearted today. Investigators (finally) found one of the little ones I've been watching. Baby Elaina Steinfurth's remains were found in a box in the rafters of the King's garage.
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/23389795/d...
They could have found her some time ago. A volunteer for the "Justice for Neveah" search group said: "she had asked police to search the garage near Steven King's home months ago."
""We had a group that went down in the alleys next to the King's house, and there was a gentleman who came out with a two-by-four, threatening my group to get out of that yard and stay away from that garage," Cundick explained. "So that kind of threw up a red flag."
Cundick said after her search group was warned to stay away from the garage many weeks ago, they went back to that area with a search dog.
"[The dog] started hitting on the fence and started jumping up in the air, and was really close to the garage and we just knew something did not feel right," she said."
http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/2...
Anne, yes, we are all friends here. In the case of little Haleigh, you were the only other people who investigated the investigation.
Information is released regularly concerning government involvement in abducting children in other countries. But, most people here in the good old USA seem to think that it's impossible for our government to be involved in anything like that. It only happens in ALL the other countries of the world. You on this forum were the only others to say "Hey, something's wrong with this investigation" I thank God for you.
I think that Erica Parsons was sold. NC ranks # 8 for child trafficking in the US. IMO, Casey and Carolyn will do anything to make a buck as long as they don't have to work for it.
The Parsons arranged a meeting with bio mom Carolyn in 2011 so that she and Erica could meet, and to let Carolyn know that due to Casey's failing health, they might have to give Erica back. So, although Carolyn did not feel the need to take Erica back, she knew that the Parsons were looking for someone to take her.
Casey claims that Carolyn is the one who put them in touch with the woman who claimed to be Erica's grandmother. I don't find that too far fetched. Carolyn is the one that knew the Goodman's. It's rumored that Carolyn lived with Strawberry for a while. The trade off took place at a McDonald's in Mooresville. This is hardly a half way point. Asheville is much further from Mooresville than Salisbury. Carolyn used to live in Mooresville. Rumor again is she used to work at a McDonald's in Mooresville. LE has now told Carolyn to stop talking to the media, or go home.
Casey said that Erica's disability is that she is mentally slow. When she was taken out of public school, she was functioning about three years behind other children her age. So, at her current age of 15, she may be functioning at about a 10-12 year old level. Again, rumor - adoptive sister, Britteny Cline was able to find Erica on FB, but, she was going under an assumed name. Based on the fact that Erica is still a little child mentally, I would assume that someone else set up a FB account for her under an assumed name.
King George, I still plan to get back to you on this post concerning Haleigh Cummings. I haven't forgotten. I am so p'ssed that Haleigh's life meant so little and guess I'll be disgusted and PO'ed about this non-investigation 'til the day I die.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#96323 Sep 14, 2013
Sami wrote:
GM All! Yes, Annie, miracles do exist and jrw's husband is living proof. Gosh, he went through a lot and he made a full recovery. I know many ppl who have survived cancer and you will to. Just stay strong and don't exhaust yourself. Take it one day at a time and I know it's hard, but try to relax and make sure you eat and rink your ensure. The carnation breakfast packs are good to. God Bless you & your families jrw & Annie!
Vic, that's great that you got furniture for your son & GK. Did his wife take all the furniture too? I would say the Dr. is 100% right as I'm sure you already knew. Anyone who up and leaves their kids has a problem. I do hope he finds a house soon.
I haven't seen a pic of Willow's brother, but I can only imagine what that poor baby saw. He's 3 yrs. old. How heartbreaking. I did see an interview with the GM & she is really torn up. I can't even imagine what she is going through.
You say Willow's body was found? I didn't see it on the news, and apparently many others didn't either. On Facebook, many are still posting her photo so people can be looking for her.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96324 Sep 14, 2013
Hi Ponderings, Yes, poor lil Willow was found in water not far from her house. I'm not a member on websleuths but I do read some cases on there. You can get all the info & updates on there @ websleuths.com . Go to missing persons and found perons. Her uncle confessed to killing her.
Vic

AOL

#96325 Sep 14, 2013
Sami,

No, she just took with her things that her grandparents had given her, not much. They were married for ten years and for eight of those years she worked everyday. She was a good wife and mother, but slowly I could see the change. We were so close, she'd call me several times daily, I loved her like a daughter.
Two o her.years ago she started having severe panic attacks, severe depression, then bam, she'd be up ready to go out alone to party with her girlfriends. Yeah right. Her job mandated she seek treatment. Diagnosis: Bipolar. I told son prepare yourself this is going to get very bad and it did, but at least she took her crazy away. I cann't do anything for her but she knows as long as I live, I will do for her children. I will love them for her.
Officer Paul

Portland, OR

#96326 Sep 14, 2013
Statistically, if not found in the first 48 hours she probably won't be. At least, not alive.And more and more of these 'disappeared kids' – the kind that we never see again – are sold into the sex trade industry, or sent out of the country but the same thing and to be sold at sex slave markets (yes they exist underground in some countries) – sadly, these are not just prostitutes that boys and girls who are sold the people outright (not rented for a few hours) so they can do literally anything with the kids they want to. It's just tragic but we see it.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96327 Sep 15, 2013
Respectfully Officer Paul, I submit that this is not what happened to sweet Haleigh Cummings. She was killed right in her own home (more likely there than any other place), and there was plenty of evidence pointing to that fact, all covered up by the Cummings participants and their connections in the PCSO and some of their well-connected higher ups.

There is no need for you to point in some other direction, implying like 'they' do, that Haleigh Cummings was kidnapped, or sold, could be being used as a sex slave or whatever; in any event is still alive and being searched for out there somewhere. Not on your life! No one is looking for this child. They already know she is dead.

Spare us the reality of the unfortunate statistics that we already know; however, we also know how the massive amount of evidence leading to Haleigh's murder and disposal was covered up and disposed of, with NO ONE willing to go up against the killer and his/her co-conspirators. And why not? Because they were dangerously involved in hidden crimes with Ronald Cummings and his knowledgeable family. This crime will never be solved unless someone comes along who is not afraid of the danger in exposing all of these people and their dirty underbelly in crime.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96328 Sep 15, 2013
GM ALL! Vic, how sad and you and even her work seen it coming. What does your dil family say? I'm glad ur grandchildren have you. I know it has to be hard & even shocking. God Bless You All!

Officer Paul, sadly this does happen & King George even mentioned this may have happened with another missing girl named Erica & I tend to agree with him concerning her, but IA with Annie that Haleigh was murdered.

Annie, IA, sadly, Haleigh was murdered imo. Too much cover-ups and going ons that awful ngt. God Bless Sweet Haleigh! I hope you're feeling better today!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96329 Sep 15, 2013
Vic, yes, I see where cps took Willows brother. Again, I believe it was because he was left alone imo. I'm thinking the mother did not come home until the next morn. & the killer brother already left for work since it was said he actually went to work an hr. early. Also, they may want to get him out of that house where he saw his sis get murdered and even have a therapist talk to him and even get some info. to what he actually saw. What a friggen monster. That poor baby was left with a friggen monster.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96330 Sep 15, 2013
Seriously, I wish someone would punch Erica's adopted monstermom right in her fat, lying, mouth. She should never get her children back from DFS. She either killed Erica like her son said or she sold her imo. No way you send a child off with someone you meet on fb and only @ McD's a coup. times. No way she would have done that to her bio kids. No addy, no phone, and no worries on her part at all. Even when your child is with a relative while say you're on vaca, etc. you send a note giving permission for that person to seek medical help if needed and you send their medical card with them. Casey even said she was told Erica was in ER and she didn't even ask why or ask what hospital yet enough go there. She's a big, fat, liar. She asks for her two children back, but not once in all her interviews ask for Erica back or for her to be safe or ever say that she loves her or misses her. What a damn shame.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#96331 Sep 15, 2013
Sami and Eye,
Thank you all for your compassion and concern, it means so much. Sad to say she inherited her illness from her mother. DIL's mom left her when she was five and they didn't reunite till DIL had graduated high school. We didn't know any of this till after they were married. When the next gal shows up I'm running every check on her that's on the net.

ITA with you guys Haleigh is in heaven. No one cared just wanted to save their own hides. SPOS

Yeap, in Erica's case I too believe she was sold.
Eye,
Hope your having a good day.xoxo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min No Surprize 1,496,386
Florida east coast again screws up Fort Lauderd... 1 hr Annoyed N Exasper... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 313,350
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr Ize Found 71,374
News Name of 27-year-old found dead released (Feb '07) Thu Jeanysa 111
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) Feb 16 Anonymous 60
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Feb 16 carmino seranni 63,268

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages