A 45-year-old woman was killed after ...

A 45-year-old woman was killed after a vehicle crashed into her...

There are 59 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 28, 2009, titled A 45-year-old woman was killed after a vehicle crashed into her.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A 45-year-old woman was killed after a vehicle crashed into her car Thursday evening, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Observer

Franklin, TN

#44 Jun 1, 2009
"Observer" - I lived in Coral Springs for many years, I worked as an RN and I want you to explain to me if every single accident VICTIM we ever treated was to blame?! NO WAY! You can practice "DEFENSIVE DRIVING" all you want to and you can STILL lose you life. How dare you "preach" that on THIS thread. A beautiful MOTHER just left her son, her husband, her friends and her family. "Just Lost A Friend" - I loved your comment.
Cheryls Family

Franklin, TN

#45 Jun 1, 2009
I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Cheryl's personal information with those of us who do have compassion for others. I wish more of us could be as giving and as wonderful as you described your precious Cheryl. I have lost so many people I loved so very much and I'm 47 but lost my best friend two years ago when we were both 45. I miss her every single day and I am so sorry that your family has lost your Grandmother and now Cheryl. My heart and my prayers are with you. PS: There are some really beautiful poems at Legacy.com - There is also a guest book Cheryl's family and friends can sign at the same site. It can be arranged by the funeral director or newspaper obit. It will be free for 30 or 60 days and you can also extend it if you choose or purchase it after you think everyone has signed it. I know it is a beautiful tribute to those we have loved and lost way too soon. They also do NOT allow negative comments. I know she must have had so many friends, family, and most of all, her son. May God be with you always.
The Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#46 Jun 1, 2009
Does anyone know when the service for her is?
Kae

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#47 Jun 1, 2009
The victim never had a chance, becuase if I remember right, when you turn to head west of Sample you have to go over the overpass for the TPK.
I'm guessing DUI by Woods.
For the victims car to have received so much damage simply by turning on a green light from a full stop, it means this jerk that hit her was either drunk, texting, jacking off or all three.

My condolences to Ms. Clarke and her family.
Kae

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48 Jun 1, 2009
WelcomeToAmerica26 wrote:
Anyone ever go through that intersection??? You take your life in your own hands there...When I go there I always wait 5 seconds after the light turns green, to make sure everyone is stopped..you idiots who go as soon as the light turns green...your just asking to get killed!
Isnt there an overpass as soon as you make that left to head west on Sample? I think I might be confusing it with Atlantic Blvd exit.
Kae

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49 Jun 1, 2009
And I do the wait and see rule on 441 and Oakes Road too, I've nearly been hit twice by drivers trying to beat the red light waaaaay too late.
Kae

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50 Jun 1, 2009
She was my auntie in law wrote:
To all of the people who are talking about how the report is wrong..... do you not understand that a beautiful woman died in that crash !!! and all you have to say about that is how the reporter got the story wrong? You should be so embarrassed if thats all that you think about when you read it. Just think about the husband and father and sisters and son and family she left behind when you make stupid comments. HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR CHERYL AND HER FAMILY!!! BECAUSE SHE WOULD HAVE HAD SOME FOR YOU IF THE TABLES WHERE TURNED! R.I.P Cheryl
The first report came out and had first stated that the victim was speeding which obviously could not have happened. THey finally got it right and hopefullly can press charges against the jerk that hit her.

I'm sorry about your friend.
my_aunt_my_bestf riend

Pompano Beach, FL

#51 Jun 1, 2009
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
YES THEY DO...(I see them do it all the time too) But, they are all over the intersection of 10 Street and Powerline, or all over the Andrews Ave just north of Copans. We don't need more cops, we need BETTER use of the ones we already have (and pay for).
UNFORTUNATELY, the woman who was killed forgot the first rule of driving.... "ALWAYS look before you enter", even if you have a green light.... She was "right", but unfortunately, "DEAD RIGHT".
WAKE UP PEOPLE, PAY ATTENTION....(I wonder if either of them were on their cell phones?)
To this insensitive jackass...Have some F**king respect!!! We have just lost some one who meant the world to us...the kid who killed my aunt/best friend was going in excess of 70 mph when he ran that light...she was on the other side of a car/SUV...she couldn't have seen him coming...according to eye witnesses the light had been green for some time...She has always been a defensive driver...she wasn't on her cell phone...to the other jackasses analyzing this...the reporter was right...she made a left turn (heading west)...he ran a light heading east...He hit her so hard that her seat was where the passenger seat was supposed to be and she died instantly...She didn't deserve this...no one does..
my_aunt_my_bestf riend

Pompano Beach, FL

#52 Jun 1, 2009
For anyone wishing to pay their respects to Cheryl "Shea" Clarke Foxwell ...we have created a virtual memorial for her...to those who want to analyze and be obnoxious, at least have enough respect not to post any comments of that nature on the memorial...

www.Shea-foxwell.virtual-memorials.com

The following is her obit:

Cheryl “Shea” Anastasia (Clarke) Foxwell
(December 25, 1963-May 28, 2009)
The world lost some of its beauty and brightness with the sudden passing of “Shea” on May 28, 2009. Shea celebrated every moment of life with smiles, warmth and kindness. A certified radiology/MRI technician at South Florida Imaging Center, Shea grew up in Trinidad & Tobago and then Brooklyn, NY where she graduated from Benjamin Cardozo High School and continued on to Keiser University. Shea was also a talented singer; enjoyed interior design and was a noted wine hobbyist. Her first love though was her family and she leaves behind her soul mate and husband of two months, Peter Foxwell. She also leaves to mourn the loss of her bright smile her father, Roland Clarke; sisters, Debbie Clarke, Beverley Ramos & Gail Clarke; brother, Darrell Clarke; nieces Jewel Clarke, Vilon Ramos, Rachel Ramos & Nailah Clarke; nephews, Sean Prospect, Charles Welch & Kenneth Clarke; grand niece, Kayla Prospect; dear sons Anthony Dunkley, Gavin Foxwell & Blake Foxwell; loving pet, Kitty, and the countless lives she touched through her kind spirit. She was only 45 years old. The initial viewing and wake will take place on Friday, June 5, 2009 at 5:00pm-8:00pm. A funeral ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:00am-12:00pm. Both services will take place at Kraeer Funeral Home, 1655 N University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33071. Flowers should be sent to Kraeer Funeral Home at the address listed above.
I dont care bout you

Hollywood, FL

#53 Jun 1, 2009
She was my auntie in law wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE WAS NOT ASKING TO KILLED SHE WAS JUST ON HER WAY HOME TO SHE HER HUSBAND SO THAT THEY COULD HAVE A NICE DINNER TO CELEBRATE HER TWO MONTH ANNIVERSARY! NO BODY WAS ASKING TO DIE SHE WAS IN THE BEST TIME OF HER LIFE WHEN SHE WAS TAKEN FROM US.DONT YOU DARE EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING ABOUT HER LIKE YOU KNOW HER!!
This is america you idiot, home of obama, and madoff, screw your sensitve sucking self!This is america you idiot, home of obama, and madoff, screw your sensitve sucking self!
IT IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT

West Palm Beach, FL

#54 Jun 1, 2009
I dont care bout you wrote:
<quoted text>This is america you idiot, home of obama, and madoff, screw your sensitve sucking self!This is america you idiot, home of obama, and madoff, screw your sensitve sucking self!
Wow...you seem intelligent. Try spell check when you reply back to anyone. What does Obama have to do with life and death...that's just ignorant. You obviously haven't lost anyone close to you or maybe you don't have anyone. Your life must be really depressing if you have to take your anger out on a blog. You are entitled to your opinion, but you should voice it to a professional.
Ticia

Orlando, FL

#55 Jun 5, 2009
You should re-read the story. They are investigating whether the other car was Speeding not Cheryl. Whether or not they were speeding...they ran the red light.

I worked with Cheryl 6 years ago, she was a beautiful person in and out.
Pathetic wrote:
Who wrote this??? The victim could not have been speeding east bound on sample if she just got off the turnpike and was heading west on sample. proof read your work. Shouldn't it be Woods who was speeding east bound? trash from riviera....stay in palm beach county.
Ticia

Orlando, FL

#56 Jun 5, 2009
Yes, cheryl was also recently married.
They call me Mr Tibbs wrote:
It's a horrible story none the less. Someone didn't come home that evening. Sad.
Ticia

Orlando, FL

#57 Jun 5, 2009
There are some very insensitive people here. I worked with Cheryl for a year from 2002-2003 and there was never a bad day when Cheryl was around. She made you feel at ease even when you were all stressed out.
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful soul.
my_aunt_my_bestfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
To this insensitive jackass...Have some ******king respect!!! We have just lost some one who meant the world to us...the kid who killed my aunt/best friend was going in excess of 70 mph when he ran that light...she was on the other side of a car/SUV...she couldn't have seen him coming...according to eye witnesses the light had been green for some time...She has always been a defensive driver...she wasn't on her cell phone...to the other jackasses analyzing this...the reporter was right...she made a left turn (heading west)...he ran a light heading east...He hit her so hard that her seat was where the passenger seat was supposed to be and she died instantly...She didn't deserve this...no one does..
Anna

Narberth, PA

#59 Jun 8, 2009
Read the article again idiot it does not say Clarke was speeding ANYWHERE!!!!
Anna

Narberth, PA

#60 Jun 8, 2009
READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN YOU IDIOT IT DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE THAT THIS POOR WOMAN WAS SPEEDING!!!
Good friend

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#61 Jun 9, 2009
For those who didn't know Cheryl and commented...let me just say that she was an amazing individual. Hopefully you all took a look at the virtual memory that was set up in her honor. Regardless of "wrong or right" This was a tragedy beyond words. I know people tend to say things about a person when they pass like "what a great person" or "the nicest person you could ever meet" but in this case, I can assure you it's 150% true. I had the honor of calling her a friend and the first time I met her, she gave me a huge smile and a big hug, as if she knew me forever. Made me feel so comfortable. She was my husbands co-worker and anyone who has seen a pic of her would, without a doubt, see how gorgeous she was. Her loss will be felt for a lifetime.....please, no negativity. Cheryl was a positive person. Even her wedding was a "White Wedding" best I had ever been to. Everyone wore white and it was on the beach. Amazing! Those who have made negative comments...find something better to do. We do not need negativity after the loss that has been endured and I pray none of you EVER lose someone like this from your lives. It will be with you forever!!
Kae

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62 Jun 9, 2009
Anna wrote:
Read the article again idiot it does not say Clarke was speeding ANYWHERE!!!!
When this article first came out it did.
The SS has a habit of updating stories on the same thread as the old ones.
Try looking at the time stamp of the messages before YOU call someone an idiot, please.
oy vey

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#63 Jun 20, 2009
WelcomeToAmerica26 wrote:
Anyone ever go through that intersection??? You take your life in your own hands there...When I go there I always wait 5 seconds after the light turns green, to make sure everyone is stopped..you idiots who go as soon as the light turns green...your just asking to get killed!
Gee wiz, YOU'RE a sensitive prik. What if that were YOU mother? STFU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Grey Ghost 1,536,117
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr zazz 98,403
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Choicerocks 314,354
News Gay Couple and Their 3 Kids Denied 'Family Boar... May 25 Gremlin 9
News Principal of Deerfield Elementary reassigned pe... (Nov '06) May 24 Lawknows 636
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) May 23 Lucy 71
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) May 23 TRD 71,288

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages