Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62986 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#49776 Sep 3, 2014
co2 is what plants want and need.

i love plant life.

why do tree huggers hate that????

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#49777 Sep 3, 2014
litesong and spaced blues are still the two stupidest posters on Topix.....for all time!!!

hee hee hee

IT'S TRUE!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#49778 Sep 3, 2014
i want peanuts to go with my assorted judge-its, kids!!! i'm hungry.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#49779 Sep 3, 2014
EZ RETARDS.

what a gullible group you warmies are.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#49780 Sep 3, 2014
TTFN
kiss kiss
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#49782 Sep 4, 2014
Glo-bull warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "genius",
Given the California drought, in order to preserve water, should southern California:
1. Plant more non-native trees
2. Rip out and kill non-native trees
3. Southern California has just the right amount of non-native trees in the ground.
It's not a trick question. Give it you best shot.
Remove all non-native people.
truth-facts

Delaware, OH

#49783 Sep 4, 2014
Well the new clown to take mother earth Gore's place = Teresa John heinz Kerry: "Scripture commands that we protect muslim countries from global warming". REALLY clown?

I am so glad I've got enough common sense to NOT follow these morons.

What a bunch of dumbazzes you warmist are.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#49784 Sep 4, 2014
There are at least 120 conservative organizations disseminating lies and fake science to you, the public. The link below will connect you with lists showing those entities and the amounts they contributed from 2003-2010 to maintain the status quo. The costs of deceit are high but the buyers have deep pockets.

http://link.springer.com/content/esm/art:10.1...

Follow the money!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#49785 Sep 4, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Follow the money!
How much has Al Gore made from the canard?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#49786 Sep 4, 2014
Glo-bull warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "genius",
Given the California drought, in order to preserve water, should southern California:
3. Southern California has just the right amount of non-native trees in the ground.
It's very unfair of you to expect climate catastrophist crusaders to consider anything but the worst end result to the Glowbull warming farce.
The topic header says it all, because the opposite to speeding up has happened, which is totally unacceptable in their eyes and goes completely against their belief system.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#49787 Sep 4, 2014
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's very unfair of you to expect climate catastrophist crusaders to consider anything but the worst end result to the Glowbull warming farce.
The topic header says it all, because the opposite to speeding up has happened, which is totally unacceptable in their eyes and goes completely against their belief system.
Well, the old earthworm surfaced once more. Watch out for the early birds!

The heat content of the oceans is approximately 90 times that of the atmosphere. Since the oceans have been gaining heat it is erronious to say that global warming has paused. Here is a graph showing the state of the oceans:
http://s.imwx.com/dru/2014/02/5c1fc80d-31bb-4...

Proving that some folks will try anything to deny the facts.
Hey now

Corona Del Mar, CA

#49788 Sep 4, 2014
Glo-bull warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "genius",
Trees raise the level of ground water. More non-native trees should be plants everywhere in southern California.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#49789 Sep 4, 2014
JustaBozo wrote:
Proving that some folks will try anything to deny the facts.
Heard from Mr Fourty lately, or has he gone to meet his maker at the chocolate factory?
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49790 Sep 4, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
There are at least 120 conservative organizations disseminating lies and fake science to you, the public. The link below will connect you with lists showing those entities and the amounts they contributed from 2003-2010 to maintain the status quo. The costs of deceit are high but the buyers have deep pockets.
http://link.springer.com/content/esm/art:10.1...
Follow the money!
Really desperate troll.
There's just as many libtarded organizations putting out bold faced lies,false data. They have been caught red handed deceiving the low information sheep.

Bet your ass,follow the money. There's more corrupted money in the liberal scam machine than any other group.

You should stop embarrassing yourself with the cow dung you put out.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#49791 Sep 4, 2014
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Heard from Mr Fourty lately, or has he gone to meet his maker at the chocolate factory?
I assume you mean me. There isn't much to debate here. Most of those denialists left are even more scientifically illiterate than you. All the rest is not worth my time. Nor are you.
Joyce

United States

#49792 Sep 4, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
How much has Al Gore made from the canard?
Mega millions and the thing is he's still profiting off of his "inconvenient truth" even though he has been WRONG on each of his predictions!
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49793 Sep 4, 2014
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Mega millions and the thing is he's still profiting off of his "inconvenient truth" even though he has been WRONG on each of his predictions!
Clown Kerry is taking his place and the UN is looking for a good looking woman under the age of 30 to spread the false word.
UN waving that shiny object(woman) in front of the sheep to keep the lie going.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#49794 Sep 4, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i wish i had a vivid imagination like libtard agw hoaxters.
That's the trouble with die hard conservative thinking, they can't imagine anything. That's why they never invent anything or find new solutions to solve a problem. They can only work with the tools & rules handed down by their forefathers & if that means fossil fuels are the best solution then anything else is second rate. This opinion is formed regardless of knowledge gained along the way that huge consumption of fossil fuels does us harm. Much like anything else they do in politics from managing the economy to playing cowboy in foreign lands getting involved in conflicts that have no achievable outcomes.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#49795 Sep 4, 2014
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he didn't make those millions on AGW and didn't make any predictions. He REPORTED what some scientists forecast. And as for being wrong, what is that for you? A million times?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#49796 Sep 4, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the trouble with die hard conservative thinking, they can't imagine anything. That's why they never invent anything or find new solutions to solve a problem.
True. That is why societies and civilizations go through period collapses where the 'new guard' take over with innovations the 'old guard' rejected. However, it is true that those in power NOW will always resist change. They don't know how to deal with it and thus the cycles repeat endlessly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Guest 1,484,031
News Woman used kids, ages 7 and 8, to steal from Ma... 1 hr Cops are degenerates 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 313,233
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun TRD 71,320
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun zazz 98,316
News Associate of defeated Broward Sheriff's candida... (Sep '08) Sat CIA Blacklane Op 26
News Lauderdale Lakes couple battles condo board to ... (Jul '07) Jan 21 Moving ASAP 282

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages