Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 48,463
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Jamaal

Los Angeles, CA

#44043 Mar 5, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
All that you have proven is that you have no understanding of science. First, all the ice at the poles would not need to melt but if enough melts, the ocean conveyor belt would be upset and feedbacks would likely cause the poles to warm much quicker(As a matter of fact, the Arctic is warming more quickly than the rest of the Earth today). Second, if the ice is floating in the ocean, it always displaces water equal to its mass. If it is on land, melting would absolutely add to the ocean level. Eustatic sea floor changes are a factor in sea levels. However, as ice melts over broad areas of land it causes eustatic rebound. The result of this will be subsidence in other areas particularly the ocean floor since it covers around 2/3 of the planet. Lastly, it is apparent that you do not understand the concept of greenhouse gases. Most of the energy we receive from the sun is of the shorter
wave variety which is largely unaffected by ghg's. However when this shorter wave energy is absorbed by the Earth it is remitted as longer waver or IR energy which is trapped by the gases and escapes the Earth at a slower rate causing a higher temper equilibrium..
It would behoove you to gain a better understanding of what you are blatering about if you want to be taken seriously.
BTW, the temperature of the Earth has risen about 1.5 deg Fahrenheit over the past 100 years, not .15. It is certain that this has caused much melting of glacial ice and ice sheets throughout the world.
Be cautious about relying on the temperature numbers from 100 years ago or back in 1914. My great-grandfather was part of the crew that collected that data and he said the thermometers were particularly unreliable and often broken. He and his co-workers would sometimes just make a good guess at the figures, but hardly precise. By the way, Grandpa thought William Howard Taft was a much better president than Woodrow Wilson.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44044 Mar 5, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]are you a democrat of a republican??[/QUOTE]

We know "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a member of the racist arm of the re-pubic-lick-uns, & it is upset & still can't figure out why the racists couldn't beat candidate & President Obama, at least one time! I love it when "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" ken't figger not'un out.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#44047 Mar 5, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
We know "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a member of the racist arm of the re-pubic-lick-uns, & it is upset & still can't figure out why the racists couldn't beat candidate & President Obama, at least one time! I love it when "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" ken't figger not'un out.
You must have been educated by lemmings.
Goats milk Australia

Australia

#44048 Mar 5, 2014
When are you chaps going to bring some hydrogen fuel cell cars to Australia? ; )
Australians are obsessed with the idea of hydrogen. you can source it in a number of ways. I want to buy a US made car, but it has to be a hydrogen fuel cell car. No more petrol.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#44049 Mar 5, 2014
Goats milk Australia wrote:
When are you chaps going to bring some hydrogen fuel cell cars to Australia? ; )
Australians are obsessed with the idea of hydrogen. you can source it in a number of ways. I want to buy a US made car, but it has to be a hydrogen fuel cell car. No more petrol.
Just get a hot air baloon at the rate that these green companies are going, check back in fifty years.
Goats milk Australia

Sydney, Australia

#44050 Mar 5, 2014
I'd like to see the end of petrol cars in the next few years. All these little one litre turbo cars, with cylinder deactivation, when it comes down to it, they still burn petrol. With more and more cars on the road, the pollution is getting worse. The solution is hydrogen. Plug in electrics are good, but hydrogen is portable, you can refuel in just minutes, and it's pollution free. It solves every problem of the plug in electric. we need to get them out on roads and in people's driceways.
Stinky petrol burners must go.
Thank you for reading. Cheerio.
Goats milk Australia

Sydney, Australia

#44051 Mar 5, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Just get a hot air baloon at the rate that these green companies are going, check back in fifty years.
haha good one... Bloody slow as a tortoise.
Lamb and potato

Sydney, Australia

#44052 Mar 5, 2014
What I question, is why this technology is not being implemented? Hydrogen fuel cell cars exist, in some parts of the world you can go out buy one today. Hyundai have put out a small hydrogen fuel cell powered SUV. There doesn't appear to be much else.

I know it's all about profits and easing buyers into the technology, but surly we can do better than this?
Why not just raise the bar with emissions. Make it so that car makers must go electric and hydrogen fuel cell.

Don't give them the option of producing dirty stinking petrols.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#44053 Mar 5, 2014
Here's a nice lil article on how the Statue of Liberty might be at risk with global warming. Look on the bright side, you can make New York into the new Venice while still telling us it's not happening.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/03/05/3... #

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#44054 Mar 6, 2014
Lamb and potato wrote:
What I question, is why this technology is not being implemented? Hydrogen fuel cell cars exist, in some parts of the world you can go out buy one today. Hyundai have put out a small hydrogen fuel cell powered SUV. There doesn't appear to be much else. I know it's all about profits and easing buyers into the technology, but surly we can do better than this? Why not just raise the bar with emissions. Make it so that car makers must go electric and hydrogen fuel cell. Don't give them the option of producing dirty stinking petrols.
If you look at the trucks that deliver goods to your stores; all of them use fossil fuel. Without oil, gas and coal; we'd be unable to live in comfort or safety.

Climate change mitigation is faith based pseudoscience based on the hoax of renewable energy. All large scale energy or goods production causes waste products, there is no free lunch.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44055 Mar 6, 2014
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" guffed:
i told you to go kill yourself!!
//////////
litesong wrote:
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a member of the racist arm of the re-pubic-lick-uns, & it is upset & still can't figure out why the racists couldn't beat candidate & President Obama, at least one time! I love it when "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" ken't figger not'un out.

Proof that "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a rabid racist: it never got so mad as when it defended racists. & now, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is also a proud threatener.
Natasha

Fullerton, CA

#44056 Mar 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Here's a nice lil article on how the Statue of Liberty might be at risk with global warming. Look on the bright side, you can make New York into the new Venice while still telling us it's not happening.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/03/05/3... #
Too funny. In 2000 years, millions of people will lose their homes. I've already put that reminder on my 4014 calendar. Great scientific article. Lol.

I don't think the 70 year old homes in Detroit will make it to the year 3014 unless they repaint in 2850.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#44057 Mar 6, 2014
Jamaal wrote:
<quoted text>
Be cautious about relying on the temperature numbers from 100 years ago or back in 1914. My great-grandfather was part of the crew that collected that data and he said the thermometers were particularly unreliable and often broken. He and his co-workers would sometimes just make a good guess at the figures, but hardly precise. By the way, Grandpa thought William Howard Taft was a much better president than Woodrow Wilson.
It must be a family characteristic. Most folks of that age were responsible and took pride in their work.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44058 Mar 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="lord out-of-date & mad hatter"]Its obvious you have no education.[/QUOTE]

Correction:
It is obvious I have no education in non-scientific oil, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom propaganda PEE-R AGW denial diatribe, which had its beginnings in smoking denial campaigns, as science linked smoking to cancer. Of course, only slimy touched & touchy toxic topix AGW deniers swill at the PEE-R trough.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#44059 Mar 6, 2014
Does science "believe" evolution is proven?
Is smoking "believed" by science to cause cancer and has it been proven by science?
Does science "believe" comet hits WILL be inevitable and proven to be?
Is science "believing" a CO2 climate crisis proven?
Prove it.
Prove that science "believes" as much as you remaining "believers" are "believing" a crisis WILL happen.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44060 Mar 6, 2014
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
"believe" ?
"believed"?
"believe"?
"believing"?
Since "me me me getting mine in the 69 position" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, it has no science or mathematics degrees in a non-existent teaching certificate. Any directed(biased) supposedly rhetorical questions it asks are worthless for the advancement of science education.
lord ziotard Levy

Bradenton, FL

#44061 Mar 6, 2014
war is the biggest profit maker for the zionist fifth column..........preparation for war is biggest polluter and reason for the self-iduced paranoia of the AIPAC fifth column of jonathan pollard / paul insco / lawrie bailey traitors who bow to the BLUE STAR OF TREASON.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44064 Mar 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"] where did you find proof that i'm a member of the GOP, which i'm not.....?[/QUOTE]

Ah, so you're a leftist, loved Bill, presently love Hillary, didn't vote for either Bush, campaigned & voted for Obama(twice), have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your sparkling honor roll hi skule DEE-plooomaa, valedictorian & teacher's pet, getting to wipe off the chalk boards.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#44065 Mar 6, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
All that you have proven is that you have no understanding of science. First, all the ice at the poles would not need to melt but if enough melts, the ocean conveyor belt would be upset and feedbacks would likely cause the poles to warm much quicker(As a matter of fact, the Arctic is warming more quickly than the rest of the Earth today). Second, if the ice is floating in the ocean, it always displaces water equal to its mass. If it is on land, melting would absolutely add to the ocean level. Eustatic sea floor changes are a factor in sea levels. However, as ice melts over broad areas of land it causes eustatic rebound. The result of this will be subsidence in other areas particularly the ocean floor since it covers around 2/3 of the planet. Lastly, it is apparent that you do not understand the concept of greenhouse gases. Most of the energy we receive from the sun is of the shorter
wave variety which is largely unaffected by ghg's. However when this shorter wave energy is absorbed by the Earth it is remitted as longer waver or IR energy which is trapped by the gases and escapes the Earth at a slower rate causing a higher temper equilibrium..
It would behoove you to gain a better understanding of what you are blatering about if you want to be taken seriously.
BTW, the temperature of the Earth has risen about 1.5 deg Fahrenheit over the past 100 years, not .15. It is certain that this has caused much melting of glacial ice and ice sheets throughout the world.
Question: What is the size if the land mass at the arctic?
Question: Are you SURE "As a matter of fact, the Arctic is warming more quickly than the rest of the Earth today"?
Question: Sources on trapped GHGs?'Cause NASA ain't seen it.
Question: With all this "trapped" heat from "shorter wave energy is absorbed by the Earth it is remitted as longer waver or IR energy" why we got record snow in the south? Great Lakes almost frozen over? No bitchin' at the Chinese for their contributions to this trapped heat?

Pfft! Grant money grubber.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#44066 Mar 6, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the Earth can exist without man. Even if it were sterilized of all life forms, it would still exist as a lifeless ball. I do not think that is the future any sane person would advocate, but it does not seem to resonate with many of the deniers.
Hey, evolution buddy. Evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Barry Choomer Soe... 1,142,358
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 70,583
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The World is waiting 306,570
Review: G8 Van Lines 16 hr Dale Cousins 6
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) Nov 21 lindsay 124
Can Am Motorcars Nov 18 Angry Customer 1
Broward lets probation-violation suspects go fr... (Feb '08) Nov 16 jmartin 275
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]