Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,176
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42291 Dec 30, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go, the ole Bald Eagle into wind turbine routine as tho it was a flag burning protest. The fact is there are more birds killed running into glass buildings and communication towers each year by a factor of 10. Google it and see for yourself, besides there are measures like in Norway where they are painting the tips of the blades black & white to make them more visible.
Then we have domestic cats which kill birds by the billion & lets not forget the power lines.
So it's a tired old argument trying to discredit wind farming as opposed to fossil fuel fracking and the damage it does.
You'd have to pass laws limiting families to one cat. The government would have to literally "come for your cats"! You'd have to have a whole cat/human bureaucracy.

He doesn't seem like much of a personal freedom guy....

Still some industries might like some tighter rules. Birds are a hazard to airlines. So they sing; big deal. Oh yea, and they're pretty. But if they affect our bottom line, they've got to go. Write your Congressman.(Please enclose check.) We need to rid our nation against this dangerous threat to our freedom to fly! YES, WE CAN pass a law against birds!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42292 Dec 30, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
UPDATE:'Global warming' scientists forced to admit defeat -- because of too much ice...
They went in search evidence of the world’s melting ice caps, but instead a team of climate scientists have been forced to abandon their mission … because the Antarctic ice is thicker than usual at this time of year.
The scientists have been stuck aboard the stricken MV Akademik Schokalskiy since Christmas Day, with repeated sea rescue attempts being abandoned as icebreaking ships failed to reach them.
Now that effort has been ditched, with experts admitting the ice is just too thick. Instead the crew have built an icy helipad, with plans afoot to rescue the 74-strong team by helicopter.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25311 ...
haw haw haw
You strike me as someone who is easily impressed. Are you a college student, maybe a sophomore?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42293 Dec 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I kind of believe in global warming, but then and again I doubt it. Wanna know why? The City of Albany, NY, usually has a temperature of 35 above zero this time of year, but lately, this past week, the temperatures have been negative or single digit number. Explain that to me!
Well, it's blindingly obvious! There is no global warming outside your door right now.

You can go back to sleep now.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#42294 Dec 30, 2013
"You strike me as someone who" is trolling for another victim.
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You strike me as someone who is easily impressed. Are you a college student, maybe a sophomore?
You ARE a sick perv!
I hope they catch you before you hurt anyone else.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#42295 Dec 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You strike me as a dupe easily fooled by liars, like fat Al, were you dropped on your head a lot?

Has the earth been warming since the last ice age? Many college students would know.

“no one told me”

Denver

#42296 Dec 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's blindingly obvious! There is no global warming outside your door right now.
What about the extra thick ice cap? A lie, right?

Have you sold your car yet?
Are you working on a wind powered automobile to get you around?

“no one told me”

Denver

#42297 Dec 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it.
If you want to stop killing hundreds of thousands of birds a year, we need to get started dismantling Boston, Chicago, Dallas/FW, San Francisco, and Miami.
He doesn't sound like a pro-growth guy....
Funny, in all my years in the big city I've never seen or heard of a bird killing itself running headlong into a building.

Is it common in your town? Must be something in the water.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#42298 Dec 30, 2013
Warning:
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

"I think you're a little sore since I screwed you."

"Didn't like it much, huh?"

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Maybe you're kristy when you visit Florida."

"Oh yeah, that's when you had your head up your ass!"
That's when you got the sore butthole.

Seems it's still a little raw, eh?
I think you're a little sore since I screwed you.

“no one told me”

Denver

#42299 Dec 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ZEALOT? HA!!!
I sheet in the milk of your having called-a me a zealot!
read these:

Exposed: The myth of the global warming 'pause'- Climate Change ...
www.independent.co.uk › News › Environment › Climate Change&#8206;
Nov 18, 2013 - Scientists can now explain the “pause” in global warming that sceptics have used to bolster their arguments. Sceptics had claimed we have ...
The Myth of Global Warming | Fox Business

www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/.../myth... ;
by Steve Tobak - in 46 Google+ circles
May 31, 2013 - Without the scientific method, we'd still be living in the Dark Ages. So what do you think global warming dogma says about our future?
Friends of Science | The Myths and Facts of Global Warming
www.friendsofscience.org/index.php... ;
Friends of Science presents news and scientific articles on the myths and facts surrounding global warming and climate change.

“no one told me”

Denver

#42300 Dec 30, 2013
we don't need no steenking pipeline, do we boys and girls? Ostuida says we don't.

Train collision in North Dakota sets oil rail cars ablaze

By Alicia Nelson

Related Stories

Oil trains raise concerns in small towns, cities Associated Press
North Dakota mulls study of state's oil volatility Associated Press
Regulator: ND oil rail shipments expected to spike Associated Press
FARGO, North Dakota (Reuters)- A BNSF train carrying crude oil in North Dakota collided with another train on Monday setting off a series of explosions that left at least 10 cars ablaze, the latest in a string of incidents that have raised alarms over growing oil-by-rail traffic.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42301 Dec 31, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A cost that doesn't exist now?!?!
Oz said there was no cost for no cost to 'green' energies. I showed otherwise.

Go back and read the thread, zealot.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42302 Dec 31, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ZEALOT? HA!!!
I sheet in the milk of your having called-a me a zealot!
Yup, zealot.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42303 Dec 31, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it.
If you want to stop killing hundreds of thousands of birds a year, we need to get started dismantling Boston, Chicago, Dallas/FW, San Francisco, and Miami.
He doesn't sound like a pro-growth guy....
Nailed what, zealot?

How many windmills are there compared to buildings?

Gawd... warmists do love to cherry pick their data.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42304 Dec 31, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the extra thick ice cap? A lie, right?
Have you sold your car yet?
Are you working on a wind powered automobile to get you around?
He's got a propeller on his beanie. We he runs really, really fast it spins and he flies.

VRROOM!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42306 Dec 31, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed what, zealot?
How many windmills are there compared to buildings?
Gawd... warmists do love to cherry pick their data.
Boy is that is really the pot calling the kettle black, everything you deniers post are false claims off some blog or cherry picked data. Especially the flat lines on the warming graph.
The real irony of fossil fuel greed is spending the kids inheritance denying them the chance to enjoy the Earth's environment as you inherited it. That is the ultimate in greed, there is nothing to surpass that.
Giga

Fullerton, CA

#42307 Dec 31, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away troll.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42308 Dec 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go, the ole Bald Eagle into wind turbine routine as tho it was a flag burning protest. The fact is there are more birds killed running into glass buildings and communication towers each year by a factor of 10. Google it and see for yourself, besides there are measures like in Norway where they are painting the tips of the blades black & white to make them more visible.
Then we have domestic cats which kill birds by the billion & lets not forget the power lines.
So it's a tired old argument trying to discredit wind farming as opposed to fossil fuel fracking and the damage it does.
Do you know what you sound like??! A super corporatist democrat parrot, that's all. Whether or not 1000 kids gets killed by falling nails from the sky every year gives me no excuse to kill one, or "happen to hit one, but not kill". What a pathetic rationale.

You environmentalist phonies are so full of it. Yeah, paint the tip of the windmills you fool. HAHAHA. Facts are simple, especially warm air currents attract the soaring species and they often soar straight into the windmills. I have even seen it and have a VIDEO of it from my phone.

And what do "domestic cats" have to do with this. Do you wanna kill them also? YOu liberals are totally free of ANY real sense of nature. All you guys think about and want is control control control control.

Otherwise, noticed you had nothing to say about all my other points about crony green energy and government destroying nature the most. Just like all other libtards, you appear to be nothing but a brainwashed fool.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42309 Dec 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy is that is really the pot calling the kettle black, everything you deniers post are false claims off some blog or cherry picked data. Especially the flat lines on the warming graph.
The real irony of fossil fuel greed is spending the kids inheritance denying them the chance to enjoy the Earth's environment as you inherited it. That is the ultimate in greed, there is nothing to surpass that.
Man, we've really stirred up the nest! I believe they have run into some undeniable truth, and it has driven them crazy mad.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42310 Dec 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything?

Irony?

Get a dictionary.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42311 Dec 31, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, we've really stirred up the nest! I believe they have run into some undeniable truth, and it has driven them crazy mad.
Anyone care what a zealot believes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 52 min cpeter1313 306,956
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,153,489
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,000
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grau 68,881
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr Vic 96,622
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) 12 hr Jackie 126
Review: G8 Van Lines 15 hr Fernando Cortez 16
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web