Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,255
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33814 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people? Nothing wrong with it is the experts do it! People can get educated! Cool the earth, don't try to stop the heat. Make the earth itself cooler with chemicals! The earth can be cooled!
People do get educated and trained and experienced. You had difficulty understanding what I was saying. read it again and again when that happens.

You mentioned the experts. Some experts, I mean scientists, are doing research about reversing the harm done by man-made global warming. In your life, do you keep eating the candy that makes you very sick?

Or do you take chemicals so you keep on eating the candy that makes you ill? Then what happens? Many problems happen including side effects and new diseases.

We must face the cause and deal with it. The cause of global warming is fossil fuel burning and its emissions into our air that we breath.

Think about it. Perhaps you worry about yourself only. If you are very rich, how did you become it? Was it by polluting the air that you breath?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33815 Jan 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It's winter in the Northern hemisphere. Why is that?
I think you are confused about statistics. It's a necessary tool to study real measurement data.
Novels don't deal with statistics, do they? You get hot under the collar when it's time to learn something new. I'm not responsible for your ignorance, you are.
You could be at least friendly.
Its the same reason its summer here for its the same reason its winter in the northern hemisphere! Its simply the seasons! Ice skating in summer?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33816 Jan 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>People do get educated and trained and experienced. You had difficulty understanding what I was saying. read it again and again when that happens.
You mentioned the experts. Some experts, I mean scientists, are doing research about reversing the harm done by man-made global warming. In your life, do you keep eating the candy that makes you very sick?
Or do you take chemicals so you keep on eating the candy that makes you ill? Then what happens? Many problems happen including side effects and new diseases.
We must face the cause and deal with it. The cause of global warming is fossil fuel burning and its emissions into our air that we breath.
Think about it. Perhaps you worry about yourself only. If you are very rich, how did you become it? Was it by polluting the air that you breath?
It doesn't necessarily come from fossil fuels does it? And we can still make the earth cooler! The sun gets cooler too!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#33817 Jan 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we've managed D-T reaction in certain machines but not reactions with He-3. I frankly think you are way off in your optimism dealing with alpha particles and protons for power production. You could read more carefully your link, especially study the comparison table.
There are fundamental problems like power density that Teddy hinted.
I'm aware of those problems. I only quoted the most optimistic about the 70% efficiency number, & lots of other people think that's wildly over-optimistic.

That's why I repeated the old joke about fusion power ALWAYS being 30 year away. Still, the Indians & Chinese have both made He-3 a focus of their lunar research. That tells you something, doesn't it?

It's the rarity of He-3 on the earth that has contributed to the lack of fusion research with it. It's much, much more common on the moon. Still, even those areas have only ~15-40 PPB He-3, so a LOT of mining & extraction would have to be done in situ before transport back to earth.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33818 Jan 24, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of those problems. I only quoted the most optimistic about the 70% efficiency number, & lots of other people think that's wildly over-optimistic.
That's why I repeated the old joke about fusion power ALWAYS being 30 year away. Still, the Indians & Chinese have both made He-3 a focus of their lunar research. That tells you something, doesn't it?
It's the rarity of He-3 on the earth that has contributed to the lack of fusion research with it. It's much, much more common on the moon. Still, even those areas have only ~15-40 PPB He-3, so a LOT of mining & extraction would have to be done in situ before transport back to earth.
Reflecting sunlight would work!
Norman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#33819 Jan 24, 2013
Dont people know history repeats itself?? Northern Africa was a beautiful lush paradise 15,000 years ago. As things progressed and the hunters and gatherers moved into that area and the permanent capfires dotted the land for literally more than a million sqr miles , enviromental warming changed a paradise to a sand hell. WAKE UP PEOPLE!! It happened before and will happen world wide this time! History repeats itself!!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33820 Jan 24, 2013
The black people are the invadors! KILL THEM ALL!
litesong

Everett, WA

#33821 Jan 24, 2013
large lying language wrote:
The north pole isn't melting!
During September, the Arctic Ice Pack has been losing 670 cubic kilometers of ice per year, at a strongly accelerating rate. As of the beginning of January 2013, Arctic Ice Pack is 11% less than it was last January 2012.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33822 Jan 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
the North pole isn't seeing any sun right now.
//////////
Hasn't been seeing any sun?
//////////
litesong wrote:
The North Pole has been in darkness for 4 months, with present average temperatures at -27degC.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33823 Jan 24, 2013
The black people are the invadors(sic)! KILL THEM ALL!
'large lying language' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

As Snohomish Native Tribe member, the euros & transplanted euros invaded purposefully & stole & transported slaves in other ships(those that didn't die from starvation & lack of care on the way over). Kill all the euro & transplanted euro invaders(spelled correctly).
litesong

Everett, WA

#33824 Jan 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
You could at least be friendly.
//////////
'large lying language' wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues.......... No! It can't.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#33827 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people? Nothing wrong with it is the experts do it! People can get educated! Cool the earth, don't try to stop the heat. Make the earth itself cooler with chemicals! The earth can be cooled!
I got cool myself once with chemicals. A little acid, some mescaline, some Quaaludes; I was cool.

Educated me too. On what life was about, and our mortal coil....

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33829 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have statistics? The north pole isn't melting!
It's lost about 30% of its ice since 1970, and that is accelerating...

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/201...

Nrthie

Spokane, WA

#33830 Jan 24, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZYaubXBfVqoXX
Half of Arctic sea ice has vanished since measurements began in the late 1950s.
http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_ice.html
litesong

Everett, WA

#33831 Jan 24, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZYaubXBfVqoXX
Agree....... if you're accounting by Arctic sea ice area loss. However, by accounting Arctic sea ice VOLUME loss at September low, a full 84% of Arctic sea ice VOLUME has disappeared....... & as you say, accelerating.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33832 Jan 24, 2013
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
//////////
litesong wrote:
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flopped forth:
Attacks on others......
/////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' wants to kill blacks. I just reported his words.
His words make,'large lying language' a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.'phud fetid feces face fiend' defended 'large lying language', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener. Since 'phud fetid feces face fiend' also supported another slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener,'phud fetid feces face fiend' is also a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

'phud fetid feces face fiend' earns every word & letter of its name because 'phud fetid feces face fiend' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

Yes,'phud fetid feces face fiend', who copied all the time, wasn't satisfied with those many & deliberate plagiarisms.'phud fetid feces face fiend' spread its fiend wings, & became a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
Randy

Hollywood, FL

#33833 Jan 24, 2013
Norman wrote:
Dont people know history repeats itself?? Northern Africa was a beautiful lush paradise 15,000 years ago. As things progressed and the hunters and gatherers moved into that area and the permanent capfires dotted the land for literally more than a million sqr miles , enviromental warming changed a paradise to a sand hell. WAKE UP PEOPLE!! It happened before and will happen world wide this time! History repeats itself!!
actually Norman , very few people knew about the Sarah tragedy. Its ecology was so abundant with wildlife,tree's water etc that early man came in droves. The disovery of fire was a long time before of course, but the massive amount of continuous fires did disrupt the delicate ECO system. We managed to do something almost as bad in the 20's with man made erosion. The result was the dust bowl. Were headed for global destruction my friend.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#33834 Jan 25, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
Oh, NOES!
MORE DENIERS!
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/0...
Fatwa required ...
AGW ACKBAR!!!
gcaveman1 wrote:
Who would have thought 20 years ago that some ignorant conservative would resort to quoting the opinion pages of Pravda to back his argument?
While they can hardly be called communist anymore, the Russian government is still a criminal, totalitarian construct and a model for radical conservatives who like profit over people.
Teddy takes some strange bedfellows pursuing his dogma....
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
Strange bedfellows- the US oil and coal men and the Russian gas men.
The irony is that the US oil and coal men believe AGW won't hurt them, and the Russian gas men believe it will hurt the US, but benefit them.
The toxic legacy of the Cold War lives on in Russia's Arctic, where the Soviet military dumped many tonnes of radioactive hardware at sea.

For more than a decade, Western governments have been helping Russia to remove nuclear fuel from decommissioned submarines docked in the Kola Peninsula - the region closest to Scandinavia.

But further east lies an intact nuclear submarine at the bottom of the Kara Sea, and its highly enriched uranium fuel is a potential time bomb.

This year the Russian authorities want to see if the K-27 sub can be safely raised, so that the uranium - sealed inside the reactors - can be removed.

They also plan to survey numerous other nuclear dumps in the Kara Sea, where Russia's energy giant Rosneft and its US partner Exxon Mobil are now exploring for oil and gas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-211197...

A ruthless dictatorship with no regard for the environment determined to seek economic advantage- in partnership with the US fossil fuel industry.

The Russian media says what the dictator wants people to hear- no surprise they parrot the science denial of the US right.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33835 Jan 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
//////////
litesong wrote:
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flopped forth:
Attacks on others......
/////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' wants to kill blacks. I just reported his words.
His words make,'large lying language' a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.'phud fetid feces face fiend' defended 'large lying language', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener. Since 'phud fetid feces face fiend' also supported another slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener,'phud fetid feces face fiend' is also a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
'phud fetid feces face fiend' earns every word & letter of its name because 'phud fetid feces face fiend' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
Yes,'phud fetid feces face fiend', who copied all the time, wasn't satisfied with those many & deliberate plagiarisms.'phud fetid feces face fiend' spread its fiend wings, & became a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33836 Jan 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
During September, the Arctic Ice Pack has been losing 670 cubic kilometers of ice per year, at a strongly accelerating rate. As of the beginning of January 2013, Arctic Ice Pack is 11% less than it was last January 2012.
Evidence please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min new yawk 1,154,606
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 min Anne 96,672
Mrs. Claus To Undergo Mammogram At Boca Regional 43 min Don 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,138
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 307,010
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 7 hr Sirius 231
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]