susan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

I would like to see a Whole Foods in the Ventnor Shopping Plaza on Wellington Avenue!!!
Fabio

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

susan wrote:
I would like to see a Whole Foods in the Ventnor Shopping Plaza on Wellington Avenue!!!
Your dreaming. Whole foods doesn't come to low volume/low income areas. Ventnor is a seasonal ghetto at best
ShopRite

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Superfresh is closing Ocean City soon. Whole Foods can cheat those sucker fockers on the beach
susan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Fabio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dreaming. Whole foods doesn't come to low volume/low income areas. Ventnor is a seasonal ghetto at best
There are many wealthy people who live on the island and in the surrounding communities. What do you have against Ventnor???
Rosco

Linwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

susan wrote:
<quoted text>There are many wealthy people who live on the island and in the surrounding communities. What do you have against Ventnor???
There is no money to support a Whole Foods in Ventnor. Ventnor is seasonal, meaning that for 9 to 10 months out of the year there is no wealthy population. Only seasonal workers who are collecting either welfare or unemployment checks the majority of the year
susan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Rosco wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no money to support a Whole Foods in Ventnor. Ventnor is seasonal, meaning that for 9 to 10 months out of the year there is no wealthy population. Only seasonal workers who are collecting either welfare or unemployment checks the majority of the year
obviously i didn't mean that the only people who would shop at a Ventnor Plaza Whole Foods would be people FROM Ventnor. i said it would be a good central location for all the surrounding communities! Margate, Longport, Ventnor, Linwood, Somers Point, Northfield, Absecon, Mays Landing, Ocean City, Galloway, EHT, and more! There's plenty of parking and it's actually kind of nice in that area. and as the economy picks up and real estate prices rise again, there will be even more people who could support a Whole Foods in Ventnor Plaza.
Josh

Pleasantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Face it folks, at the rate major food chains are closing their doors in the area, your going to have to go on-line and order your chow from Amazon.com to have it delivered to your home!
Rosco

Linwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Josh wrote:
Face it folks, at the rate major food chains are closing their doors in the area, your going to have to go on-line and order your chow from Amazon.com to have it delivered to your home!
It's almost at that point now!
Rosco

Linwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

susan wrote:
<quoted text>obviously i didn't mean that the only people who would shop at a Ventnor Plaza Whole Foods would be people FROM Ventnor. i said it would be a good central location for all the surrounding communities! Margate, Longport, Ventnor, Linwood, Somers Point, Northfield, Absecon, Mays Landing, Ocean City, Galloway, EHT, and more! There's plenty of parking and it's actually kind of nice in that area. and as the economy picks up and real estate prices rise again, there will be even more people who could support a Whole Foods in Ventnor Plaza.
Offshore would be a better place but keep dreaming. It's never going to happen. This is a LOW income area of NJ. None of the big chain stores that cater to high end food will never open in the area.
Nick

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Genuardis didn't flop.., they were sold to Safeway. Safeway did not care what the consumer wanted. They just pushed their west coast products. Killed the name and destroyed the chain.
christina

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

nita wrote:
<quoted text>
I mist certainly agree let's put a petition together to make it happen whole foods. Yes yes yes
Anyone still interested in doing a campaign on the Whole Foods Website? If we can each get 10 people and they get 10 people and so on to go the WFM website and post in their forum we might get this done. Is there any more development on this?
yes to Whole Foods

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

christina wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone still interested in doing a campaign on the Whole Foods Website? If we can each get 10 people and they get 10 people and so on to go the WFM website and post in their forum we might get this done. Is there any more development on this?
can you post a link that we can click on that takes us to WF site to ask for a WF in this area. i think Ventnor Plaza would be great!
Jebidia Lake

Linwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

yes to Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>can you post a link that we can click on that takes us to WF site to ask for a WF in this area. i think Ventnor Plaza would be great!
You want a Whole Foods? Then move.

Whole Foods is not going to ever open in Ventnor or anywhere else near by. With no supermarket on Absecon Island it would mean all the Thug Gangsters, their Baby Mommas and their hood rat kids would all be in there looting away. Stealing everything from lobster to laundry detergent.

Keep dreaming if you think WF is going to open up in the Hood. AC/ Pleasantville will never have a real supermarket as long as the gun totting gangs run the towns.
zen-cannabis

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

i dont think it will ever turn into a wf.
Who Foods in Marlton is only 30 minutes away
Josh

Tuckerton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

I don't know about the rest of you out there, but we are getting screwed, blewed and tattooed by these major food chains. All they can do, besides rip you off at the register, is to fold their stores and leave you to shift for yourselves in just finding a place to by some food to eat! Locally, we had Super Fresh fold, then Path Mark then Genuardi's closed. Where the hell are you supposed to get your food from, ebay?!?
yes to Whole Foods

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Jebidia Lake wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a Whole Foods? Then move.
Whole Foods is not going to ever open in Ventnor or anywhere else near by. With no supermarket on Absecon Island it would mean all the Thug Gangsters, their Baby Mommas and their hood rat kids would all be in there looting away. Stealing everything from lobster to laundry detergent.
Keep dreaming if you think WF is going to open up in the Hood. AC/ Pleasantville will never have a real supermarket as long as the gun totting gangs run the towns.
Sadly you are correct. The locals in AC/Pleasantville are the worst. Wish they'd all move north to Newark or Camden. Then maybe Whole Foods would come down here. Believe me, I shop at Whole Foods often when I'm out of town, and their food and produce are fantastic. South Jersey doesn't know what they're missing. Whole Foods is so nice and clean, and they have sales all the time, so it's easy to spend a reasonable amount of money. oh well.
Josh

Tuckerton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

yes to Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly you are correct. The locals in AC/Pleasantville are the worst. Wish they'd all move north to Newark or Camden. Then maybe Whole Foods would come down here. Believe me, I shop at Whole Foods often when I'm out of town, and their food and produce are fantastic. South Jersey doesn't know what they're missing. Whole Foods is so nice and clean, and they have sales all the time, so it's easy to spend a reasonable amount of money. oh well.
Locals who go back away, as I do having lived in AC, remember IGA that used to be on route 30. closed to, you guessed it, the store was cleaned out by thief's who would shove steaks and anything else they could, down their pants, load up a baby carriage with stolen merchandise and, according the manager of the store I knew personally, said they had to close as they lost more in theft then they made in profits! Nice! Huh? Pleasantville used to have an Aldis (not sure of the spelling) and prior to that was an Acme. When people loot the grocery stores, what and where is left for the rest of us honest folk who PAY for their groceries? I think the point is well taken and didn't dawn on me, until I reread some previous posts which make a hell of a lot of sense! Oh sure, you're not PC if you don't click along with the program, grit your teeth and walk on egg shells for fear of being called something you are not, but has not and never will, as long as we live in an alleged free society which grants freedom of speech, alter my thinking out of intimidation of someone who has a bug somewhere, along with their brains too!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Pomona News Video

•••
•••

Pomona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pomona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE