Candidate Statement: Norma Torres, 61st Assembly District

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

My name is Norma Torres and I am the current mayor of Pomona. I also work as a bilingual 9-1-1 dispatcher and instructor for the Los Angeles Police Department.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Emily

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Norma, did not take a stance on the traffic checks in Pomona as mayor. councilwoman Carrissa should be running for this district seat. The traffic stops do impede the flow of traffic and do frighten the undocumented in out town. Carrissa for assembly woman!!!!
Pomona Supporter

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Yes they do frighten the illegals and unlicensed drivers. Keep up the good work Pomona. Torres also finally realized she can't side with the illegals so she got smart. The rest of the city will get smart too. The illegals and Habla lost their battle and now are gone. Poof. 140 impounds in 6 hours. Obviously a problem in Pomona. Keep it up !!

George Hunter for Mayor !
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Normas' run as Mayor has been dismal at best. Gangs are rampant, police are stiffled in their efforts to control these problems due to the sanchuary city policies imposd by you and the council. As for the implimentaion of bilingual 911 operators, why not get these people who do not wish to assimilate to enroll in a FREE class in ENGLISH. The coalitions you formed resulted mostly in wasted tax dollars to projects that had to be re-done(more tax dollars) or failed comletely. I hope people will really look at your accomplishments and not put you in a position where the whole State will be screwed!
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Norma, Why do your children attend school in Claremont? Isn't Pomona good enough?
Zeke from Cabin Creek

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Norma my question is in every neighborhood you live in from Ganesha Pl to the Northwest Pomona corner of La Verne to now the manision on the hill with your 911 salary...how come all the streets were repaved why the surrounding neighborhoods in the immediate area were not? Sounds like your not the community leader you claim to be but just another special interest politican who will scratch someone's asses if yours get's scratched. I can't believe it when you used to end the council meeting early or leave before adjournment to go to work. If you couldn't serve the city by taking time off twice a month what trust do we have in serving this district. I don't think you have the experience or knowledge to get the job done in the Capital..it show by what you didn't accomplish in Pomona. Maybe your husband will get his own parking space in Sacramento so he won't harassed a state employee
in Pomona news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

One old news, before moving into the Ganesha neighborhood, her house was in the Claremont School district, after moving her children still wanted to stay in the school they had been in, with their friends. She and her husband still own the first house.
Who the hell would want to send their kids to a Pomona La Raza school.
spoof wrote:
Norma, Why do your children attend school in Claremont? Isn't Pomona good enough?

Since: Oct 08

Ontario, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

If you are tired of the same old story. Look into Wendy Maier. And unlike Norma, she is not in a hurry to run for Office A to Office B to Office C. Norma is rumored to be Congresswoman Napalatano's replacement when she retires.

We want an assemblywoman who will serve us for all 6 years instead of jumping ship after one term. Because of term limits we need people for the long run.
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

As for her children wanting to stay with their friends is not a reason to attend a school out of the district in which you reside. They will make new friends,it happens all the time. AS for a La Raza school and city, guess who has been part of the reason? Right, Norma has promoted the influx of illegals thru-out her term.
in Pomona news wrote:
One old news, before moving into the Ganesha neighborhood, her house was in the Claremont School district, after moving her children still wanted to stay in the school they had been in, with their friends. She and her husband still own the first house.
Who the hell would want to send their kids to a Pomona La Raza school.
<quoted text>
in Pomona news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

You are obviously not a parent or if you are not a good one. Several families in Pomona send their kids to Claremont and La Verne because Pomona schools suck.
Why would you uproot a kid from the school and friends they have if you don't have to? School in Claremont is tough enoug academically why make it harder on a kid? She put her kids best interest first, no matter what the political fall out. HMMMMM sounds like a good choice to me.
spoof wrote:
As for her children wanting to stay with their friends is not a reason to attend a school out of the district in which you reside. They will make new friends,it happens all the time. AS for a La Raza school and city, guess who has been part of the reason? Right, Norma has promoted the influx of illegals thru-out her term.<quoted text>
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Both of my children graduated from Pomona H.S. My Daughter got her under grad at Yale and her Masters at Harvard. My Son got his under grad at Claremont-McKenna and will be attending Law School so please don't refer to me as a bad parent! Granted, the P.S.D. is not a great District but, children can excel in any situation depending on their priorities.(study hard or hang out with friends).Parenting is the issue here and when you do ,as you state, move your children for their benefit, you create an idea of avoiding a challenge rather than confronting it. That however has been Normas record as Mayor so I guess it fits!
in Pomona news wrote:
You are obviously not a parent or if you are not a good one. Several families in Pomona send their kids to Claremont and La Verne because Pomona schools suck.
Why would you uproot a kid from the school and friends they have if you don't have to? School in Claremont is tough enoug academically why make it harder on a kid? She put her kids best interest first, no matter what the political fall out. HMMMMM sounds like a good choice to me.
<quoted text>
More Information

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Bullshit! you would jepordize your childs well being! and if your children are that old they weren't subject to the Mexican take over of our schools today! PUSD stinks. I made sure we were not in the PUSD district when we moved.
Norma put her kids feelings ahead of Politcs good for her.
spoof wrote:
Both of my children graduated from Pomona H.S. My Daughter got her under grad at Yale and her Masters at Harvard. My Son got his under grad at Claremont-McKenna and will be attending Law School so please don't refer to me as a bad parent! Granted, the P.S.D. is not a great District but, children can excel in any situation depending on their priorities.(study hard or hang out with friends).Parenting is the issue here and when you do ,as you state, move your children for their benefit, you create an idea of avoiding a challenge rather than confronting it. That however has been Normas record as Mayor so I guess it fits!<quoted text>
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

More Info; They both graduated five years ago and things haven't changed much in that time. They would only be in jepardy if they put themselves in that situation and they had enough sense not to.
More Information

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Proof your lying, you can't get an undergraduate degree from Yale and a Masters from Harvard in 5 years, 4 years minimum, for the bachelor and 2-3 years min. for the Masters and all the people I know who have a Harvard masters took 3 years and they went to good High Schools and graduated early from them.
Your just another Mexican liar. Save your lies.
spoof wrote:
More Info; They both graduated five years ago and things haven't changed much in that time. They would only be in jepardy if they put themselves in that situation and they had enough sense not to.
Zeke from Cabin Creek

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Did that Claremont education that they are getting teach them how to put out a house fire? I wondered when they lived on Ganesha Pl if they went to Claremont schools? Hope not, cause they would have had to use a Claremont address since that home is nowhere near the Claremont/La Verne border. Nearby is 2 great elementary schools Yorba and Roosevelt and my alma mater San Jose. I know numerous great citizens very successful who went through the Pomona school system. They work at hospitals as administrators, they are councilpersons, former city managers, CEO's of large corporations and world champion athletes. You see school is what you want to make of it. It has to do with good parenting, good moral values, and dedication. Running away from diversity and different cultural backgrounds is not a plus nowdays in this globally changing world. Being a racist bigot means rather then having "more information" you have no information on human kindness but then again that's why you degrade your fellow human being. Where did you get your education and who taught you all that hatred? Your Mom and Dad shame on you!
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

More Info, You need to check your sources. Harvard had a 1 year Masters program from which she graduated last June. Possibly all the Harvard grads you know are as stupid as yourself. You really need to keep your pompous, Claremonian remarks to yourself unless you know the facts. For your info, I'm not Mexican. By the way, It is (you're) not (your).
More Information wrote:
Proof your lying, you can't get an undergraduate degree from Yale and a Masters from Harvard in 5 years, 4 years minimum, for the bachelor and 2-3 years min. for the Masters and all the people I know who have a Harvard masters took 3 years and they went to good High Schools and graduated early from them.
Your just another Mexican liar. Save your lies.
<quoted text>
More Information

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Yorba! great by what definition? Even if you live with in the district guidelines you can have a transfer to another school. Since I'm from District 6, everyone I know that could transfer out did!! If they couldn't get in Claremont they went to La Verne.

Spoof your such a liar! Online Masters degree in what Bullshit? Is that like the degree the Taliban guy got from Yale?
PUSD Sucks it has gone downhill for last 20 years.
Zeke from Cabin Creek wrote:
Did that Claremont education that they are getting teach them how to put out a house fire? I wondered when they lived on Ganesha Pl if they went to Claremont schools? Hope not, cause they would have had to use a Claremont address since that home is nowhere near the Claremont/La Verne border. Nearby is 2 great elementary schools Yorba and Roosevelt and my alma mater San Jose. I know numerous great citizens very successful who went through the Pomona school system. They work at hospitals as administrators, they are councilpersons, former city managers, CEO's of large corporations and world champion athletes. You see school is what you want to make of it. It has to do with good parenting, good moral values, and dedication. Running away from diversity and different cultural backgrounds is not a plus nowdays in this globally changing world. Being a racist bigot means rather then having "more information" you have no information on human kindness but then again that's why you degrade your fellow human being. Where did you get your education and who taught you all that hatred? Your Mom and Dad shame on you!
Next Mayor of Pomona

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

The city's leadership continues to remain stagnate. Bad leadership did not start four years ago; it started 15 or 20 years ago. When the city's leadership failed to replace General Dynamics and when they stopped supporting our youth, our Police Department and the city of Pomona increase the number of renter vs. the number of homeowners. So how can any of you sit here throwing rocks at our current leadership, when most of our leadership has accomplished the same thing- NOTHING. It doesn't matter what school Norma sent her kids. I think she is doing what anyone of us would have done, send our kids to the best school around us. Hey,if she thinks it's in Claremont, then she missed out on an opportunity in Pomona. It's alright, she has less then 80 days as Mayor. It's time for someone with education, a person with a new vision to flourish as well as a person who has not been indoctrinated by this regime. Let us Bring Back Pomona's Pride, with a new Mayor. A Mayor who will unite the community, invest in our children, who promote the family and assist to redevelop Pomona's mid-class. Let us together vote for Edward Guerrero for Mayor.
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

No need to continue a conversation with an idiot.The degree is in Mind ,Brain and Education and no, it wasn't on line. As I said before, check it out,it will confirm your stupidity!!
More Information wrote:
Yorba! great by what definition? Even if you live with in the district guidelines you can have a transfer to another school. Since I'm from District 6, everyone I know that could transfer out did!! If they couldn't get in Claremont they went to La Verne.
Spoof your such a liar! Online Masters degree in what ****? Is that like the degree the Taliban guy got from Yale?
PUSD Sucks it has gone downhill for last 20 years.
<quoted text>
watcher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Norma Torres should be kicked OUT of politics....not kicked UPSTAIRS!!!! She is the Latina Sarah Palin !

George Hunter for Mayor of Pomona!
Law, Order and BALANCE !!!!!
spoof

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

Absolutely Right !!!! But untill we can somehow require photo I.D. to vote she will probably get in on the backs of ILLEGALS.
watcher wrote:
Norma Torres should be kicked OUT of politics....not kicked UPSTAIRS!!!! She is the Latina Sarah Palin !
George Hunter for Mayor of Pomona!
Law, Order and BALANCE !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pomona Forum right now

Search the Pomona Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr paddyomalley 7,818
Time to boycott cracker barrel 4 hr Deona Lindholm 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Brian_G 4,863
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr RiccardoFire 200,230
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 6 hr Richard 4,785
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,613
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 15 hr Big Juciey Pussie 630
•••
•••

Pomona News Video

•••
•••

Pomona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pomona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE