Chino Hills tax preparer sentenced in...

Chino Hills tax preparer sentenced in IRS case

There are 12 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Chino Hills tax preparer sentenced in IRS case. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

A Chino Hills tax preparer was sentenced today in Los Angeles to 11 years in federal prison for defrauding a still-growing list of clients and cheating the Internal Revenue Service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Jack

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Jan 12, 2009
This guy is still in custody and MADOFF is not maybe he should have stole even more ! Talk about no one caring about anything but money anymore ?
bill

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2009
nothing sophisticated about his ops. too bad the victims were all too trusting of this guy. this idiot knew he wasn't going to get away with it, yet i don't what possessed him to defraud his clients. i guess wishful thinking on his part.
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2009
Look into whether he was using some of the money to fund terrorism.
Bridget Howe

Burbank, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2009
Wonder why Jim Piretti, E.A.-- whose office was in Woodland Hills, CA -- has so much freedom? Ask Jim. Jim Piretti knows the score. For more about Operation Underscore, see him here. Operation Underscore, sponsored by James Piretti, former I.R.S. employee.

Since: Jul 08

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jan 12, 2009
This guy is a straight lie fry crook; plain & simple. Good News though! He's going to jail! And he has to pay the piper! Next, scum bag!

Since: Dec 08

LA

#6 Jan 12, 2009
aclu coming to his rescue, they defend anyone who defrauds the USA. That's their style.
Kathy

Burbank, CA

#7 Jan 12, 2009
TSK TSK TSK. Now if they would do something about Madoff.
bill

Hawthorne, CA

#8 Jan 12, 2009
This person should pay back every penny and he stuff liquidated. I should not see the light of day again until all parties are repaid.
Stop ASSUMING

Downey, CA

#9 Jan 13, 2009
Bureaucratic Mess wrote:
Look into whether he was using some of the money to fund terrorism.
his name gives it away huh. racist bastards. fyi his victims were all working class muslims.
Richard

Irvine, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2009
"racist bastards"? Why the Plural? Stop Assuming!
Ondine

Ashland, OR

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Bridget Howe wrote:
Wonder why Jim Piretti, E.A.-- whose office was in Woodland Hills, CA -- has so much freedom? Ask Jim. Jim Piretti knows the score. For more about Operation Underscore, see him here. Operation Underscore, sponsored by James Piretti, former I.R.S. employee.
I know this is "old news" now, but does anyone know whatever happened with this case. Did he go to prison? Where? Is he still there with the other scumbags? Please update.
Bridget Howe

Oak Park, IL

#12 Sep 5, 2013
Word has it that his consistent clients were typically Simi Valley and Burbank residents who worked as Los Angeles Police Officers, Burbank Police officers as well as California prison guards. Has anyone heard anything about where he is, now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alta Loma High School teacher found dead (Jan '10) 7 hr anthony camacho 145
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue The Phartss 32,832
What do people on topix think of allowas? Mon Teddy 13
News Suspect jailed in fatal shooting of 8-year-old ... Sun Bobbie N 1
News Pomona ditches agreement to house federal priso... Mar 22 spytheweb 3
Shooting in Cherryville!!!!! (Apr '07) Mar 20 Death2Guppies 346
News Beltran gets life sentence (Apr '09) Mar 16 Not Your Hunny 439

Pomona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pomona Mortgages