Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,681 - 155,700 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 33 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

DorN wrote:
The benefit to society of allowing gays to legally marry the person of their choice is that gay people will not have to marry straight people in order to receive the benefits of marriage.
As it is now many gay people do stay in the closet and marry straight people.
Or as Robeert Kline puts it... so they have the right to be miserable too.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>While I don't believe there's anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, I agree with the view of same sex marriage. It's not constitutional, it was imposed on the US by a court so it's also undemocratic. Many gay and lesbian activists are on our side and prefer referendum and legislation to the left's imperialistic secularism.
Morality makes a great personal value, but we need to discuss these issues in public. I oppose shutting down civil discourse.
Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
Where's your hat?
Queedioo

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

With the times moving so fast what's a person to do?

Has there been a vote taken?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Dear Brian, for some reason I feel you are full O crap. I remember you as well as Chief posting page after page on a thread that asked if Homosexuality was a sin. If I remember you thought it was and sick. Yet now its AOK.
The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.

Many homosexuals believe in protecting male/female marriage too. Conservatism doesn't have a sexual orientation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.
Many homosexuals believe in protecting male/female marriage too. Conservatism doesn't have a sexual orientation.
Even though I disagree with your position on same sex marriage I will back you up on that.

Your posts often state you have nothing against homosexuals, only same sex marriage.
Manne Quin

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Former California Highway Patrol lieutenant is looking at seriuos prison time for molested two underage relatives.

El Centro, California a jury on Feburary 05, 2013 Tuesday convicted 46-year-old John Swaim on four counts of lewd acts on a child under 14.

The female victims, who are related to Swaim, are now 17 and 20 years old.

Just activate the firing squad to save the California tax payers money.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The statement above is untrue; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never discussed sin or written homosexuality is sick, those are Jazybird58'S words, not mine.
Protecting? I donít understand, homosexual marriage does not attack heterosexual marriage in any way at all. There are over 18,0000 legal homosexual marriages in California now, It certainly did not hurt my marriage, how did it hurt yours?
SLO drugs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A detective with the San Luis Obispo Police Department was arrested by the FBI.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/02/05/23827...

Small time police departments hate it when they are found out and arrested for playing fast and lose.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Protecting? I donít understand, homosexual marriage does not attack heterosexual marriage in any way at all. There are over 18,0000 legal homosexual marriages in California now, It certainly did not hurt my marriage, how did it hurt yours?
The argument is that once we make marriage mean everything, it will mean nothing.

It is a valid argument until you consider that who marries who is self limiting. There just won't be that many gay, poly or incestuous marriages to cause that problem.

Poly and incest marriages won't hurt your marriage either.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is that once we make marriage mean everything, it will mean nothing.
It is a valid argument until you consider that who marries who is self limiting. There just won't be that many gay, poly or incestuous marriages to cause that problem.
Poly and incest marriages won't hurt your marriage either.
The argument is moot, Homosexuals already can marry, in many states, hundreds of thousands are legally married now

I donít care about poly marriage that is Frankies obsession not mine. Poly marriage is not about to be made legal in the next couple of decades, religious fanatics following that path have made certain of that.

but for same sex marriage, it is already a reality, and it has not hurt heterosexual marriages one tiny little bit.

It is a moot argument
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Such steorotypes from of a country you've never been to.
I was there just last year, you didn't see me? It's such a tiny little country you should have seen me. Maybe you just don't remember.

Even if I was never there, I've seen enough of you guys fly out of there to know you're a very gay country! What with that sissy accent too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is moot, Homosexuals already can marry, in many states, hundreds of thousands are legally married now
I donít care about poly marriage that is Frankies obsession not mine. Poly marriage is not about to be made legal in the next couple of decades, religious fanatics following that path have made certain of that.
but for same sex marriage, it is already a reality, and it has not hurt heterosexual marriages one tiny little bit.
It is a moot argument
What did I just say jackass? What a dope!

You consider poly my "obsession", and "off topic", and not reality only because you fear discussing it.

What do you have against three atheist men marrying? How will it hurt you or your marriage?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Kimare, you have yet to back up a previous statement, so I'll ask again:

In which culture/s was SSM legally recognized previously? Still waiting for your answer.

Just pull down your drawers and talk to the mangina. Don't keep you internal lesbian waiting.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I just say jackass? What a dope!
You consider poly my "obsession", and "off topic", and not reality only because you fear discussing it.
What do you have against three atheist men marrying? How will it hurt you or your marriage?
Learn to read, poly is your obsession not mine, I could give a flip about it, and nothing is about to change with regard to law for the next couple of decades

I donít have anything against you, but am informing you that nothing is going to come of it in the foreseeable future, religious fanatics have already made certain of that.

Not true with same sex marriage, that is a reality today, more and more states and nations are recognizing same sex marriage, and it has not hurt anyoneís heterosexual marriage at all. That argument has already been made in court, no harm was shown to heterosexual marriage whatsoever.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read, poly is your obsession not mine, I could give a flip about it, and nothing is about to change with regard to law for the next couple of decades
Did I say poly was your obsession dummy? Learn to read.

So what if you don't give a flip about poly? Most people don't give a flip about SSM. What do I care what you give a flip about? So what if it might not be decades? Are these your real reasons to deny equal rights?

By what logic do you insist on the traditional, arbitrary, religious and discriminatory number of two?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say poly was your obsession dummy? Learn to read.
So what if you don't give a flip about poly? Most people don't give a flip about SSM. What do I care what you give a flip about? So what if it might not be decades? Are these your real reasons to deny equal rights?
By what logic do you insist on the traditional, arbitrary, religious and discriminatory number of two?
As I said, you obsession, I am not interested, and nothing whatsoever is going to come of it, as there are groups of people that have put a stain on that concept that will linger for some time.

You should be ranting at them, not me.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBQ0DHC...

So I will not find any post by you on this thread, correct?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, you obsession, I am not interested, and nothing whatsoever is going to come of it, as there are groups of people that have put a stain on that concept that will linger for some time.
You should be ranting at them, not me.
If someone mentions Mars in conversations about the solar system do you whine to them that they have an "obsession" with Mars?

And so what if they do? They're not allowed to? You go out of your way to complain and censor them or filibuster religion? You'll call them liars?

What a jerk.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No child, Brain-G is a smart and creative person, if you listen to what he says. Brian-G is saying that police put in regulations to try to stop sex in prison, standard. So therefore gay marriage would be one of their ways to stop it, young turd!
Police don't put in any regulations, numpty. It ain't their job. They're not even working in prisons. That would be the prison guards jobs. To date what we've got from Brian_G on prisons and same sex marriage is some rather odd claim that it will cause FORCED marriages to occur in prisons. When aske for evidence of these FORCED marriages all he's come up with are 3, yup, three, marriages in Canadian federal prisons since 2005! Not one shred of evidence that any one of them was FORCED! Yup, smart and creative.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Pomona News Video

•••
•••

Pomona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pomona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE