Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#138528 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been a marriage that wasn't between a hetro couple.
There have been a few that claimed such a thing, but everyone knows that's silly.
Remember the fable, The Emperor's gay partner, and the kid who said, "they aren't married!"
The emperors partner? Are you talking about(GAY) King James and his own personally revised bible? And sorry to inform you of this but there are over 18,000 LEGAL marriages between same sex couples in California alone and I have no doubt 10's of thousands others in the 6 states where it is now LEGAL and with Maryland and Washington soon to follow! Gee,I guess denial isn't just a river in Eygpt is it! You just stated another BOLD faced lie! Maybe Mass.(8 years legal there now) recently fell into a lake of fire but I haven't heard about it yet! LOL
George

Barstow, CA

#138529 Apr 29, 2012
George is coming to Fontana, California?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138530 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of funny, I've seen a lot of homosexuality painted on ancient walls, those paintings seem to suggest it was accepted in some cultures. Even the egyptians had them painted on their walls, and even in tombs.
When you take in to consideration the length of time that book god believers have been in control of what is writing in history, and their record of destroying things that don't fit their beliefs, finding as much as they have is amazing.
Other than exposing your bigotry and stupidity again, do you have a point?
Here Is One

Santiago Ixcuintla, Mexico

#138531 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of funny, I've seen a lot of homosexuality painted on ancient walls, those paintings seem to suggest it was accepted in some cultures. Even the egyptians had them painted on their walls, and even in tombs.
When you take in to consideration the length of time that book god believers have been in control of what is writing in history, and their record of destroying things that don't fit their beliefs, finding as much as they have is amazing.
many Romans were openly gay but they did not get married..........LOL
Winston Smith

Salisbury, MD

#138532 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
marriage was always between a man and a woman until the abnormals tried to change the meaning
Women were happy to get equal rights but did not try and change the word man to include them
Blacks were happy to get equal rights but did not try and change the word white to include them
And yes our vote does count as our vote determines what judges sit on the bench
Calling a woman a man carries no benefit. OTOH a gay couple getting married legally carries a rather long laundry list of benefits. When you've got an actual point get back to us.

Location hidden

#138533 Apr 29, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
The emperors partner? Are you talking about(GAY) King James and his own personally revised bible? And sorry to inform you of this but there are over 18,000 LEGAL marriages between same sex couples in California alone and I have no doubt 10's of thousands others in the 6 states where it is now LEGAL and with Maryland and Washington soon to follow! Gee,I guess denial isn't just a river in Eygpt is it! You just stated another BOLD faced lie! Maybe Mass.(8 years legal there now) recently fell into a lake of fire but I haven't heard about it yet! LOL
Do you really think a Court can dictate a change in the foundational relationship of humanity? My, my, sit down God, move over mom and dad. Forget Mars uniting with Venus, Uranus and Uranus will show you how it's done. Bend over reality and take it like a man and a man. Cause bill of wrongs says it's legal!!!
Sarbore

San Jose, CA

#138534 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been a few that claimed such a thing, but everyone knows that's silly.
Remember the fable, The Emperor's gay partner, and the kid who said, "they aren't married!"
We do not have the entirety of human existence recorded down you fool. To say with absolute certainty that it hasn't happened anywhere, in any culture, at any time in all of history only shows how huge of a retard you are.
Sarbore

San Jose, CA

#138535 Apr 29, 2012
I love how it's not REALLY marriage. Even if the law says it is, even if the culture says it is, if KiMare says it doesn't count it doesn't count apparently. What a egotistical piece of shit.
Here Is One

Santiago Ixcuintla, Mexico

#138536 Apr 29, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Calling a woman a man carries no benefit. OTOH a gay couple getting married legally carries a rather long laundry list of benefits. When you've got an actual point get back to us.
then do like Mexico and give them all of the rights of a married couple but do change the meaning of the word marriage
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138540 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I did.
However, you claimed the studies were only about abusive step-parents. That's why I challenged your source.
Here is the first line from YOUR source;
"The Cinderella effect is a term used to describe the observed, in many but not all studies, significantly higher rate of stepchildren being physically abused, emotionally abused, sexually abused, neglected, murdered, or otherwise mistreated at the hands of stepparents than at the hands of their genetic parents."
It clearly refers to all step parents.
You are either a liar or stupid. Which is it?
If you would of read my post you wouldn't of made that claim, I never claimed the studies were only about abusive parents. Here read it again.
It seems even the study on the cinderella effect doesn't agree with your 100%.
Did you notice that, that most of the study was on abusive parents, not on parents with good parenting skills. Most of their evidence come from a variety of sources including official reports of child abuse, clinical data, victim reports, and official homicide.
They got most of their material from abused children, show me where is says they had any children that wasn't abused in that study.
It clearly refer to abusive step parents, did you notice every thing was about the action of abusive step parents.
Do you really think 19 out of 22 step children are abused? If you do that would mean only 3 out of every 22 step children aren't being abused. That wouldn't be a acceptable precentage for anyone.
The prisons would be full.
Sarbore

San Jose, CA

#138541 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad you are to stupid to read..........LOL
Please point out where I said invisible
Blend in is a term I have used
When you have a gay parade and the vast majority are dressed in clothing that would not be considered legal as too much was exposed
When you have perverts with whips and chains beating each other
When the behavior goes against what society agrees is acceptable behavior in a public place you will have people upset
Then when you get people with attitudes like yours the gay community pays for it
Society sets rules for what is acceptable behavior for public areas and many in the gay community refuse to respect that
Look at the two perverts on the cruise ship having sex in plain view of children
I don't see you flipping your shit over mardi gras, I guess it's only when gays expose themselves that you've got an issue.

Location hidden

#138542 Apr 29, 2012
Sarbore wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not have the entirety of human existence recorded down you fool. To say with absolute certainty that it hasn't happened anywhere, in any culture, at any time in all of history only shows how huge of a retard you are.
You don't have to be so nasty about it!

The fact is, we have about 8000 years of human history recorded. Enough time to make the fact there was not ONE SINGLE CULTURE that accepted gay 'marriage' conclusive and extremely profound.

For you to assert that conclusion is foolish or retarded is self condemning at the least.

You bring a whole new level of denial here...
Winston Smith

Salisbury, MD

#138543 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Heterosexuals represent about 96% of the population, so it is to be expected they would adopt close to that percentage.
2. You are confusing percentages. Of ALL heterosexuals who have step/foster/adoptive kids, those kids are 100 more times likely to be harmed than kids in homes with their biological parents. Of ALL gays who step/foster/adopt kids, those kids too are 100 times more likely to be harmed.
3. Now think about your 'belief'. You say a child raised in a gay home is harmed because they continue a cycle of hate. That child's 'hate'(learned in a gay home), causes the gay couple to harm the child, so it's the child's fault???
Sorry, but you are silly stupid.
1. No argument here.

2. Regarding the study...

a. The study didn't involve gay couples so no comparison can be made. This is more than likely the correct approach.

b. Gay couples are the same as heterosexual couples, so WTF are you bitching about?

3. Your reading and comprehension skills are in need of repair. A gay couple's child is subjected to abuse by kids raised in heterosexual households where the parents teach them to hate. The child in the gay couple's house is a victim of hate perpetrated by ignorant tools using your kind of reasoning.

Is that clear enough for you or do I need to get the crayons and pretty colored paper out for you?
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138544 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
in Mexico there is a civil union the legal part of a marriage and then the religious ceremony that is done in a church
I posted this information for you many times
The legal certificate says civil union and the certificate from the church is marriage
And virtually all churches have no banned gays from getting married and even ban openly being gay
There are a few people that have started there own church to hand out a quotes marriage certificate
What is issued by the government here does not say marriage..........
And yes the gay community is now treated worse than before the were granted equal legal rights but they gay community has only itself to blame
I wonder how come my link says differently.

Location hidden

#138545 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would of read my post you wouldn't of made that claim, I never claimed the studies were only about abusive parents. Here read it again.
It seems even the study on the cinderella effect doesn't agree with your 100%.
Did you notice that, that most of the study was on abusive parents, not on parents with good parenting skills. Most of their evidence come from a variety of sources including official reports of child abuse, clinical data, victim reports, and official homicide.
They got most of their material from abused children, show me where is says they had any children that wasn't abused in that study.
It clearly refer to abusive step parents, did you notice every thing was about the action of abusive step parents.
Do you really think 19 out of 22 step children are abused? If you do that would mean only 3 out of every 22 step children aren't being abused. That wouldn't be a acceptable precentage for anyone.
The prisons would be full.
Joe, Joe, Joe, you deny it, then you go and repeat it again...

However, your site notes numerous studies. One of those was over three continents! Take some time to check the references and understand before you try to present self-drawn conclusions that support only your bias.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#138546 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think a Court can dictate a change in the foundational relationship of humanity? My, my, sit down God, move over mom and dad. Forget Mars uniting with Venus, Uranus and Uranus will show you how it's done. Bend over reality and take it like a man and a man. Cause bill of wrongs says it's legal!!!
Hey bigot boy,I didn't state it was legal but the LAW of the state says it's legal,and the last time I checked we are a nation of laws! Try getting married in a church without a signed sealed and delivered state marriage license and lets see just how legal your marriage is! Perhaps you should avoid dragging your knuckles on the pavement once in awhile and let those scabs heal up! LOL,You are a FOOL in denial! Soon to be 8 states and D.C..SSM is here to stay and coming to a state near you soon!
Just Thinking

Clearlake, CA

#138547 Apr 29, 2012
the original curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you too uneducated to understand science? people are just naked apes. we are animals stupid.
No, are you?
If that were true we wouldn't have monkeys still swinging through the trees. Or apes confined in cages in Zoos. By now we would have ALL shed our fur. Still be dragging our knuckles. Communally picking off each others parasites, and eating them.
Simple.
Winston Smith

Salisbury, MD

#138548 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for making my point
There is part of the gay community less than half that are just normal people
They will got to dinner with their partner and people will know they are gay but they are not clamming and forcing there lifestyle onto everyone else in the restaurant
Then we have the majority of the gay community that sees nothing wrong with what goes on at a gay pride parade
Puerto Vallarta was and still is known for its large gay population but today they are policed harder than the straight community as they just went to far
Well if you have ever read any of my post you would know that as a libertarian I think a woman should have the right to chose and what you do in your bedroom is of no concern to me
I have too gay people working in my call center there partners come by almost every day.
We supply meals and pool breaks for all employes and families
We have day care also and nobody has a problem with them in the pool or with their children and most of the people that work for me are conservative and Christian as I do not allow any visible tattoos, piercing of any kind on men and ear rings only for lady's
No unnatural hair colors no talk of sex or foul mouths
My point is we know they are gay but they don't act. Any different then we do
I bet they don't murder the language like you do. Perhaps you should get them to proof read your posts before you hit the "post comment" button.

Location hidden

#138549 Apr 29, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Your reading and comprehension skills are in need of repair. A gay couple's child is subjected to abuse by kids raised in heterosexual households where the parents teach them to hate. The child in the gay couple's house is a victim of hate perpetrated by ignorant tools using your kind of reasoning.
Is that clear enough for you or do I need to get the crayons and pretty colored paper out for you?
Winston, you only confirm your stupidity by jumping in the middle of another conversation.

Joe's example was completely off the Cinderella Effect parameters. It has no bearing on the risk of step/foster/adoptive parents. Moreover, it is a bigoted slam on those who disagree with homosexuality.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138550 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?:O) I believe their are a few on here that have a marriage licence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When your stupid like Gene Murabito 8 hr a murita 1
DonT believe this Mormon business practice 9 hr Stoddeered 1
Warning Mormism hording food 9 hr Podders 3
Shooting in Cherryville!!!!! (Apr '07) 18 hr lilsexy2u 328
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) May 24 OG capone 227
News Around the Valley (Oct '07) May 24 E report 38
Poll east side pomona rifa (Mar '08) May 23 OG capone 250
More from around the web

Pomona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE