Garey High School - Riot on Friday
Sad Sad Sad

United States

#25 Aug 23, 2007
Just wanted to point out a few mistakes... see below..
first Thumper in P Town wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about me i live in a single wide because we have 2 houses in inscription canion(CANYON) about 845,000 and 1.2 mill going up i rent out in chino but i have a girl friend that lives in mesa so i pay double rent i haven't bout(BOUGHT) a place someone stole my identietie(IDENTITY) in pomona and ran a muck i have an invester (INVESTOR) former boxer by the name of larry webster who owns part of a boxing gym in pheonix (PHOENIX)but if you want to meat (MEET)i could i just have to tell you i have ran a numb er of steriods and am fit and am 32 years old i also have to tell you i have a number of tatooes on my body that are consealed with clothes my head has a hat my stomach has a shirt my arms are coverred (COVERED)by my sleave (SLEEVE) shirt but if you are for real and good looking i wouldn't mind the company would i cheat probabley (PROBABLY)i am tired of buy my good looking girl a car paying her rent and supporting her fucking parting (PARTYING)with her friends while i am trying to get at a piece of the pie but much aint left after i fuck her. i get fucked back in a diffrent way man what ever happend to good looking women that had their shit together. am i in a diffrent fucking world up in AZ i have had plenty of girls that rubber neck but i dont have the balls like i usto mabe i am geting old?
Tony

Lytle Creek, CA

#26 Aug 23, 2007
I'm Puerto Rican married to a Mexican woman and we live in La Verne. I grew up in Bombtown USA in Youngstown, Ohio. You make the Best of your sitution, and that's what I hate about our people. You know we have to start not feeling sorry for ourselves. It all starts at home Thank you, you're welcome, excuse me, pardon me, can I help you. That's what's missing with kids today. Repect ALL across the board Latinos, Asians, Whites, Blacks is what's missing today
first Thumper in P Town

AOL

#27 Aug 26, 2007
well you are right i learn my gramer in pomona schools and am an ex gang member fortunate enough to get extradited from one prison to another,in diffrent states i catch on quick and can blen in like a camealean no i am not great but the hand that life dealt me was a horable one i managed to have a lot of heart thats what p town has done for me not give up keep thriving no mater what dispite all the rough neck crap i always pictured myself owning something, after along days work having a glass of wine. not a forty, but the truth is i always pictured a future pomona didn't alow me to grow. i was arested with richard pichardo Las Vegas most wanted trafficing drugs that didn't get me no were just a case of clamitia and some fast cash i dont know where it went but after all the crap deaths including richard shout outs, beefs one on ones and all kinds of things i rather not mention i was able to parole work my ass off from sun up to sun down 7 days a weak for years and learn what people had two show me dont get me wrong i did have a bunch of haters because i excelled so fast my teachers were amazed at the craftmanship and the speed. I swear on my mom that i tried everything i could to go lagit. Ya i got a pound fronted at first of meth but the circles changed the people i once new became scandales burn you in a minute and haveing no regard if the life was in danger stuff like that mad me rethink my future people that once had it going on were lost girls that were good looking didn't have no teeth the people that owed me money in other state thought it was ok to burn me after so many years all i can say like richard pichardo sead to me in the sell next to me after we were sintenced. If i could do it again i wouldn't have if you have the chance to do it write do it it sucks to have this wait over your shoulders he got extradited to vegas time surved for traficing but he was facing murder charges. what ever the case may bee i lived it. and i am doing better than before no my gramer sucks i know but i will tell you what my partner is the office dude i run the field i dont nead to have excellent gramer for that all i run is numbers mesurment the prints are the easyest thing to read, my partner sead to me the other day you are the 2 person in all my 67 years that i can say i have met that can practacley do anything with his hands, I sound conseeded but like i sead life has dealt me a wicked hand and i made the best of it. Sorry my grammer sucks thats pomona for you.
TROLLY

Downey, CA

#28 Sep 2, 2007
I LOVE POMONA IT NOT A BAD PLACE I LIVED HERE FOR ABOUT 13 YR IM 14 NOW I WENT TO LEXINGTON ELEM SCHOOL THEN FREMONT JR HIGH I WAS GOING TO GO TO GARY HIGH DONT WE MOVED AND ONE DAY ILL LIVE THERE AGAIN WHAT MAKES UR TOWN SO BETTER
BEATRIZ

Covina, CA

#29 Sep 4, 2007
IT ISNT THAT BAD IT DEPENDS ON WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH.
Garey High 1986 Graduate wrote:
That is so true. Back in the day Pomona was a place that people wanted to come to. Blacks, Mexicans, Whites and Asians all got along and things were cool. I cant even go back and visit Garey High because I cant relate to the mess. I once dreamed of my kids going to the school that I respected so much, but that is a big joke now.
BEATRIZ

Covina, CA

#30 Sep 4, 2007
IT ISNT THAT BAD IT DEPENDS ON WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH.
Garey student

United States

#31 Sep 8, 2007
I hear what every body has to say and I am so sorry you feel this way. I am a current student at Garey and I feel that it helped me become the person I am today. Yea wehave a lot of students who are just there just to mess around. Also wehave alot of students trying. I am trying to go to college, and know alot of people thatwant to and have gone to great colleges. My best friend went to San fransisco another friend hector went to berkly and we are trying to make it. Its harder when eople put us down and olny look at the bads and notthe goods. We have a geat band, we also have a great mens soccer team. so its only if you want to se it like that. Alot of people just wait till jr. year because all of the gangsters leave or drop out but that makes it even harder because then we are even more locked up because we are tryin to be safe. So i dont want you to change the wa you think but just help up ot help us insted of talkin bad speake about the good Garey because some do try.
first Thumper in P Town

AOL

#32 Sep 10, 2007
I didn't say people try, i just told a story of myself not everyone goes in this direction but it was tough for me. I will tell you i was always intrested in school, my life style didn't let me but i got along with the intelectuals as well as the fools i was a clown but i never sead people didn't try pomona is tough, i lived thier, it was great at times if you love it thats great stay their if you heart wants that, me i will live up hear no need to worry about locking my doors my car and leaving the keys in the egnition, or leaving things out side, or looking over my soulder if i want to go joging at night. Or having some gangster mad doging me on the street or in the store, I did have some skin head start something out hear i busted his nose and his mouth at a curkle k, excuse my gramer i am lazzy but thats about it he didn't expect that because i dress formal know but i shocked the shit out of him and his boy when i didn't hesitate to take one to the mouth and lock in a fist fight i was full of his blood but that will teach him that some people grew up in a real tough nabor hood than their pretend disney land.
natile

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#33 Sep 10, 2007
man peolpe miss judge pomona it's a kool place.man ya it's changed maybe good for others and maybe bad 4 u but man why can't we get along u guys say it's p-town but it's not it's all u guys try to be all hard!hey fighting over being the main head i think thats bullshit.man pomona is a good place ya we might not be clairmont/la verne but who cares we are what we are(POOR/WEALTHY)i could care less.man who cares if u won a fight or u lost man u guys r just here talking bout that p-town is such a bad place well if u love it so much and u want ur kids to have a good looking neighborhood then get up and do something bout......man garey is not a bad school what so ever,just cuz we dont have money and some stupid girls did some stupid crap that dosent mean that garey is a bad school.....ya man im a student what teacher isnt going to get on ur nerves or get u pissed off....i would like too know....man what makes u think that any other school is getting a better education then us if u would actullay do what u have to do maybe then the teacher would say man this student wants to learn.....man garey is a good school ya it might look all crapy but thats because we have these wanna be cholos better know ass(cholo sin vario.....but to me its who u hang out with so thats all u guy pomona is not a bad place man i would love to know a place that dosent have any gangs or any drama(i would like to know)

Since: Sep 07

Pomona

#34 Sep 11, 2007
natile i will tell you a story i was growing up single mom,she worked as a janitor in claremont she put us in school up their in my teens i was out of my leage as far as education they were a couple of grade higher in their teachings thats were i get my info from look i aint ignorant but you have some years to go. your right but life is drama i am just saying were i am at i like it hear if you only know of one place and never go out side your relm how can you be judge mental, its like tasting coca cola and pepsi, you tried both you can judge the flavor that you like, but if you only taste pepsi all you know is pepsi.
LOL

La Habra, CA

#35 Sep 25, 2007
the fight is nothing new. itz almost the same as most the fights that happen in the past years. Majority of them almost all the students get involve, it ain't really a big deal unless people want to make it a big deal. Shit happens. its Pomona. its alwayz been a gang culture. like PAC said "everybody in LA got a lil bit of thug in them" and what da ya know. POMONA is in LA county. who cares. Ive seen worst in Garey High. ask neone who has been goin there in the 80s and 90s. it was more brutal.
LOL

La Habra, CA

#36 Sep 25, 2007
and btw Pomona aint a bad place. lil shit like this on the news makes it look bad when its really just certain areas.

Pomona

#37 Oct 14, 2007
True i dont know what it is like know but i knew what it was back then and Moms still lives out their but i love my p town just aint for me any more. And i wish all the dedicated P Town residence the best of life, I get asked were am i origanaly from and you know i say from pomona california, happy to be from Pomonian but like i sead i have tasted a peice of peice i like it, it feels good.
lisa

Studio City, CA

#38 Oct 14, 2007
Everyone's just got to stop bagging on other people. We are all in this together right. Might sound a little cliche but hey it's the truth. The only reason why some people are favored over others is because people care more. The kids up at Diamond Ranch get whatever they want because their parents fight for it. I have never heard of a group of parents gathering up to better things at Garey. And people try to make it seem like Garey is the worst place on Earth; it is not even that bad. I currently attend Garey and I also learned my grammar in Pomona schools. But hey, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you have the will to learn. Garey is an excellent school with grreat teachers and students. Although it is made up of minorities, Garey has alot going for itself. People have got to stop saying that their is white privilege...it is only like that where people allow it to be that way. And what is it with people saying that the riot was started by police hitting kids? If you were there you would know that the kids started the whole shabang. But you know what, people, all kinds of people, need to realize that it is not about WHAT you are but WHO you are. In the end, we all end up in the same place. Whether you are white, mexican, asian, salvadorian, african-american, etc. we all end 6 feet under ground, right?
lisa

Studio City, CA

#39 Oct 14, 2007
Garey Alumnist wrote:
What a sad little community that South Pomona has become. Most of the signs in the area are now in spanish only and even Stater Brothers finally closed their store which was right up the street from the high school. They don't care and show no respect for authorities or the law because many of them are either illegal or their parents were at one time.
Garey used to have some very proud traditions, now they are just a joke.
Dude, group up. Blaming things on the fact that people are illegal immigrants is a copout answer that is being used by anynone ignorant enough to think that that is what makes people make certain decision. Immigration has nothing to do with the way people are raised or better yet with the state of mind people have. And Garey still has very proud traditions, did you know that?
Did you know that the Women's soccer team went to C.I.F for the first time in God knows how long?
Did you know that the Men's tennis team made it to C.I.F for the first time in...wheew... a long time?
Did you know that the Garey High School Marching Band and Auxiliary won second place in one of the most, if not the most, prestigious Competions (Arcadia Festival of Bands).
Did you know that last Saturday, October 6, 2007 Garey's Marching Band placed first in their parade.
Did you know that the football lost homecoming, again- a tradition that hasbeen going on for ages.
Dude you need a reality check.
red69

Cozumel, Mexico

#40 Oct 25, 2007
well what the hell was the fight about any way and is there anyone from class of 95 here
red69

Cozumel, Mexico

#41 Oct 25, 2007
first Thumper in P Town wrote:
True i dont know what it is like know but i knew what it was back then and Moms still lives out their but i love my p town just aint for me any more. And i wish all the dedicated P Town residence the best of life, I get asked were am i origanaly from and you know i say from pomona california, happy to be from Pomonian but like i sead i have tasted a peice of peice i like it, it feels good.
hey thumper i see you went real far we used to hang out in simons junior high remember ruben you had a sega master system well last time i saw you were scared of me calling you thumper in the montclair plaza you had a panic attack and almost left running man good too se your trauma is over

Pomona

#42 Nov 4, 2007
Shut up fool is that you ruben i think i had a crush on your sister and you were an intelectual am i wrong and you lived of resurvor but nevor ran from no one montclair plaza i think you are just saying that to get points but if you want to keep it cool cool dont need to lie to kickit.

Pomona

#43 Nov 4, 2007
plus as you know i was hunted buy many so nevor left the house on my own rare the moment but packing ruben tell me how it went down if you say this happend

Pomona

#44 Nov 4, 2007
hay rubben your are right i do remember i did leave in a hurry i was with friends and i liked you in class i usto coppy your work and blanka sat infront of us remember we had the hots for her ya u usto be cool and as we switch game i seen your sister i was dazzled with aw i continued to talk to you and became your friend but i was a gang member and you were normal you are right i left in a hurry i was with some people i didn't want to get cought talking to you you know how gangmembers are, i dont know why but thats the way it happend and i apologize i should have stayed and chated if i new what i know now it would have been diffrent, rubben i went to prison in cali for posesion of a lb of meth richard picardo las vegas most wanted was with me my truck was forfited meaning sold octioned off i was then facing charges in az i had shot this guy who try to car jack me serko and nick seven brother daggers brother was with me and jose i didn't kill him but people were looking for me so i left to az. I had shot him because he was trying to get my ride at the time i lived with Touch MWSQ, the fool tried to car jack i wouldn't give it up and he didn't shoot so i couldn't move at gun point but as he left i grab my the pistol out of my secret spot and followed him.iWell i and got busted at 18 for some weed 5 mounths i left on probation. and nevor followed up.well as i paroled i got a hit i got extradidted to arizona for that weed charge and obsconding probation after my prison time cali I went to prison out hear man they dont like us out her but i made it out. I live hear know i also a part owner a company buy the name of Home Town Construction look at Arizona registar of contractors on your internet you will see my name i am not doing as good as i imagined but doing better than when i was running a muck. so rubben are you satisfied with the apology. and let me know if your sister still as pritty as i last remember.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendora elections moving to districts 9 hr Alloweazel 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Told Pharts 33,405
News Covina police officers want pay increase (Apr '08) Jul 19 James ozaeta 22
A message to terry kent! Jul 19 Time to act like ... 2
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Jul 18 East side 36
Glendora ca to have council districts 2017 Jul 17 everybody wants some 2
Richard Wilson Colorama going away Jul 17 everybody wants some 2

Pomona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pomona Mortgages