UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32289 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#16535 Dec 12, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get it, so does that mean you can post all the nonsense you want about USC and not have any one contradict you? That is some nice dream world you live in.
Not really, everything I posted was reported as allegedly occurring within the USC program, I'm not making shit up in my posts the only thing you got me on is my exaggeration about UCLA making ZERO exceptions for student athletes admissions, which according to the article you posted a link if, said 2% exceptions for student athletes, and I'm giving you credit even though that story from 2004-2005 school year....but I noticed you have not replied Tony challenge of proving me wrong about UCLA having the toughest admission standards for public universities and third overall behind Notre Dame and Stanford. To really see the type of student athletes UCLA and USC us allowing into their programs , all you gotta do listen to them talk! any fool that listens to interviews can see most of the usc players can't even put a sentence together... CPEM you're in denial, SC recruits athletes first students second. Any blind fool can see that. LMFAO

#16536 Dec 12, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
and thats it, UCLA has two 2nd team and a 3rd team All American, did ya miss that CT? and where is your golden boy??? not even a honorable mention
what is hilarious is the Golden Boy went through his entire college career without ever even making the All Pac-12 team!!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#16537 Dec 12, 2012
No, what's hilarious is that you still can't comprehend that what UCLA does with regard to admissions is not a choice. They are a public school and a very PC one, at that.
Bruin For Life

Hampton, VA

#16539 Dec 12, 2012
CPEM wrote:
And from the Academic Senate at UCLA:
<quoted text>
Page 14: http://www.senate.ucla.edu/issues/documents/S...
These are regulations that went into effect for the Fall 2012 freshman class. Is this outdated as well?
I don't know what made me do it but I did...I read EVERY page looking and searching where it says that student athletes, more specifically that "football players" got preferential treatment when it came to admissions at UCLA, and I FOUND NOTHING that remotely implied UCLA made exceptions within their admission standards...after-all, we are talking about football, CORRECT? So, i ask you Mr. Analyst, what was all that BS for, to deflect all my points made against USC and their cheating football program? that's exactly what you are doing...FOOTBALL, AND THE ATHLETES PLAYING THE SPORT IS THE SUBJECT, REMEMBER?

I don't give a rat's ass about all the academic standards within the the UC systems, every schools takes a different approach as to whom gets admitted. For example my son applied to UCLA, UC Irvine, UCSB and UC Riverside, and was accepted at all of them, except UCLA, why? because UCLA had 57,000 applicants in 2011 and over 81,000 in 2012 and only 13,000 were accepted, my son did not make the cut for UCLA, he had a GPA of 3.8 - but he did get accepted at the other 3 and he ended up choosing UCSB...so all that mumble jumble in that link is not applicable in every case, it's about supply and demand, and the demand for a UCLA education is higher than any other university in the world with over 81,000 applicants this last spring, and it wasn't even close to the next runner up.
Bruin For Life

Hampton, VA

#16540 Dec 12, 2012
Trojan wrote:
No, what's hilarious is that you still can't comprehend that what UCLA does with regard to admissions is not a choice. They are a public school and a very PC one, at that.
Not really, Cal makes exceptions every year with the players they admit into the school, while UCLA does not. For years boosters and alumni have been barking at UCLA for not doing the same thing Cal does, how do you think Marshawn Lynch and DeSean Jackson got there? DeAnthony Thomas' first choice was UCLA but UCLA stopped recruiting him when he didn't pass a test during the recruiting process. Hell I wish! UCLA made exceptions...furthermore I wish UCLA wasn't so damn hard ass on players by kicking them out of school for making bonehead judgments like grabbing a chick's ass or getting caught stealing a lap-top, unfortunately they take a very hard stance on it, I wish they would give them a second chance when they screw up, but they don't.
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#16541 Dec 13, 2012
The ONLY major California school that doesn't relax their standards one bit for athletes is Stanford.
Bruin For Life

Chesapeake, VA

#16542 Dec 13, 2012
Trojan wrote:
The ONLY major California school that doesn't relax their standards one bit for athletes is Stanford.
I agree.

“Women Love me, even yours”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16543 Dec 13, 2012
Irish are looking good.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#16544 Dec 13, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
and thats it, UCLA has two 2nd team and a 3rd team All American, did ya miss that CT? and where is your golden boy??? not even a honorable mention
Good point Nation, but don't forget that those Trojans can always come back with none of our Bruins being a first team All American :/

Go Bruins, we will take whatever we can get!

West Hollywood, CA

#16545 Dec 13, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>what is hilarious is the Golden Boy went through his entire college career without ever even making the All Pac-12 team!!
Lifer, but I thought the Golden Boy even has a statue outside of Staples Center :/

#16546 Dec 13, 2012
UCLA Football had the second highest increase in attendence in 2012...nice to see our fans supporting our team once again. http://gojoebruin.com/2012/12/10/ucla-footbal...

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16547 Dec 13, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>what is hilarious is the Golden Boy went through his entire college career without ever even making the All Pac-12 team!!
Yet he will be a first round NFL draft pick. Go figure (B)ruins. But the same may be said for your boy Fauria, although I am thinking middle 2nd for him!

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16548 Dec 13, 2012
OKAY EVERYONE - Just so no one panics wondering where The Chosen Traveler and all my great football wisdom is after we win our bowl game and you dont see any posts from me, starting tomorrow morning I will begin Holiday and be out of here until after the new year. I dont plan on accessing Topix from out of the country...so:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THEIR BOWLS GAMES
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR

OH AND MOST IMPORTANLTY...

USC - FIGHT ON AND WIN

#16549 Dec 13, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
OKAY EVERYONE - Just so no one panics wondering where The Chosen Traveler and all my great football wisdom is after we win our bowl game and you dont see any posts from me, starting tomorrow morning I will begin Holiday and be out of here until after the new year. I dont plan on accessing Topix from out of the country...so:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
USC - FIGHT ON AND WIN
alright maing, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..have fun and be safe.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#16550 Dec 14, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
USC - FIGHT ON AND WIN
Enjoy your time off, I my self am off till the 4 th of Jan.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#16551 Dec 14, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to get into your line of work...

West Hollywood, CA

#16552 Dec 14, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
UCLA Football had the second highest increase in attendence in 2012...nice to see our fans supporting our team once again. http://gojoebruin.com/2012/12/10/ucla-footbal...
Great point Lifer! I love all those stats that make us look good because when were at the bottom, the slightest increase makes the margin look greater ;)

Go Bruins, finally some more people to sit next to!

West Hollywood, CA

#16553 Dec 14, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
DabNabIt Nation, then there will be no excuse for you to not attend at least two Bruin hot tub parties per week. MBD just had his heater refurbished so the tub should be extra toasty ;)

Go Bruins and our time off together!

West Hollywood, CA

#16554 Dec 14, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to get into your line of work...
Well Mister CPEM, you don't seem like the type that would want to work at the Gay and Lesbian Community Center, which is now closed for the Holidays and reopens on Jan 5th :)

Go Bruins, Go Nation, Go Time Off!

“Women Love me, even yours”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16555 Dec 14, 2012
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
Irish are looking good.
You got that right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop them at boarder 50 min Ellis island time 1
Oh my Commie china upset 56 min about you 1
City employees need a raise 3 hr ripped off 6
LA County coroner gulity of sexual 4 hr scaped out 1
land sinks with water 7 hr extraction 1
Vote NO for metro 50 year tax 7 hr at once 2
EB 5 slides you in USA 7 hr D Trump 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pomona Mortgages