Pomona Police Make Three Arrests At Checkpoint

POMONA, Calif. Three arrests were made and more than 150 vehicles were impounded after Pomona police checkpoint wrapped up Saturday night. Full Story
bigboy

Alhambra, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2006
about time..my thanks to THE CITY OF POMONA,CA
jazz coffee

AOL

#2 Feb 24, 2007
Thanks pomona police for cleaning up the streets.
SJC

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 29, 2007
It is a shame to see how prejudice this police department has become. Going after the latino community to a point that law bidding people gave fear of the same people who are memt to help them, the police. I understand your conccern with drunk drivers, yet you only created those checkpoints to inpound vehicles from unlicensed drivers, latinos. Thank you Pomona Police department for your hostile feelings.
Charlie

Claremont, CA

#4 Mar 29, 2007
I realize that there is a pervasive sub-culture within the law enforcement community that tolerates the unjustified and unreasonable use of violence against itís citizens. However not everything they do is wrong. I appreciate the fact that they take vehicles from people who are uninsured because if you and or a loved one gets hit by an uninsured driver it can be economically devastating.

I truly understand the mistrust of the police which is perpetuated by situations like the shooting of the innocent and unarmed soldier by Deputy Ivory Webb.

Deputy Ivory Webb was not immediately arrested like you and I would have been. The preferential treatment he has received boggles the mind! This is why a lot of people are now questioning the motives of their police and I understand that!
think_think_thin k

Brea, CA

#5 Sep 11, 2007
I work fro an attorneys office and here is a certain coverage under insurance policies called Uninsured Motorist. If you get in an accident and the other person doesn't doesn't have liability, then your insurance will cover damages. Besides, if people would acutally THINK instead of just hating on other people they would realize that it's not that Latinos don't carry insurance but many people who can't afford one. Don't hate on the people, hate on the way the system is established where prices continue to rise at alarming rates yet the salaries of workers remain the same. THINK!!!
Charlie

Torrance, CA

#6 Sep 12, 2007
think_think_think wrote:
I work fro an attorneys office and here is a certain coverage under insurance policies called Uninsured Motorist. If you get in an accident and the other person doesn't doesn't have liability, then your insurance will cover damages. Besides, if people would acutally THINK instead of just hating on other people they would realize that it's not that Latinos don't carry insurance but many people who can't afford one. Don't hate on the people, hate on the way the system is established where prices continue to rise at alarming rates yet the salaries of workers remain the same. THINK!!!
To add an uninsured motorist provision in your insurance policy will add to the cost of your policy.

You truly need to think! If you can not afford insurance take the bus!

If everyone had insurance then we would not have to pay the insurance company more of our hard earned dollars to protect us from uninsured motorist!
erick

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Oct 6, 2007
SJC wrote:
It is a shame to see how prejudice this police department has become. Going after the latino community to a point that law bidding people gave fear of the same people who are memt to help them, the police. I understand your conccern with drunk drivers, yet you only created those checkpoints to inpound vehicles from unlicensed drivers, latinos. Thank you Pomona Police department for your hostile feelings.
well when one of those unlicensed drivers hits your car with no insurance I am sure you will still feel the same.if we let people drive with out a license,then all the good honest citizens who got their licences legally did it for nothing.get a buss pass
alwaysmom

United States

#9 May 1, 2008
yes thanks to pomona police, but treat our people with respect. idiots!
bigboy wrote:
about time..my thanks to THE CITY OF POMONA,CA
alwaysmom

United States

#10 May 1, 2008
yes thanks to pomona police, but treat our people with respect. idiots!
Thanks

AOL

#11 May 1, 2008
Thanks to the text message i got at 2 pm, I stayed away from that area.
Mark

Phoenix, AZ

#12 May 4, 2008
Pomona PD: Keep taking those drunk wet backs off the street!
good

Pomona, CA

#13 Mar 1, 2009
being latina i dont mind checkpoints. driving is a priviledge not a right.
Johnny

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#14 Jul 28, 2009
I have been is five minor traffic incidents in my 34 years of driving in Southern California, not one of the other drivers had a valid license to drive.
Lee

Chino Hills, CA

#15 Dec 7, 2009
For those people that think that it is wrong for the police to target unlicensed drivers (which happen to be undocumented and illegal immigrants)is unreasonable. I would like to remind everybody that an illegal immigrant in an habitual criminal. The very presence of such a person in this country is evidence that he/she is a criminal. Every day that that person stays here is another crime committed.

As for getting uninsured drivers off the roads by taking their vehicles, I say great job Pomona Police. My wife was hit by an unlicensed uninsured driver and the effects were devistating. My wife and I were hit on our motorcycle by an unlicensed and uninsured driver. We suffered loss of work and serious physical and property damage. We received no compensation for those damages.
John-Riverside

La Habra, CA

#16 Nov 22, 2012
Why does everyone have to turn everything into a racial issue. There are law abiding citizens in every race. There are also law breakers, and inconsiderate people who do not pay their way in every race as well.
sickofillegals

Perris, CA

#17 Jul 7, 2014
we just need the illegals to get the hell out of California they are too many and they're so disrespectful and it's costing us way too much money and the treatment of our children is ridiculous in school is like they are bad if they're white I am so sick of it I can't stand it anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 28,242
Avalon Bay ugly building Glendora CA 8 hr ebutuoy 1
Is Erica Responsible For Mark Smith's Conduct (Feb '11) 10 hr adds Up 63
West Covina K-9 Reiko returns home as police id... 15 hr Anonymous 1
Glendora water pipes leak all the time 19 hr leaks a lot 4
Glendora does not know WATER 19 hr bottledwaters 4
Pakistan 20 hr slipped in again 1

Pomona News Video

Pomona Dating
Find my Match

Pomona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pomona News, Events & Info