Business Friendly city NOT Glendora

Posted in the Pomona Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Real Progress

San Dimas, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
Alhambra was named Los Angeles County's most business friendly city for cities with populations greater than 60,000 at Wednesday night's Eddy Awards.

The 15th annual Eddy Awards, presented by the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp., were presented during a gala at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.

We're delighted to present our fifth annual award to these very deserving cities," LAEDC President and CEO Bill Allen said in a statement. "The city of Alhambra best represent what can be achieved when our city governments work side by side with the business community to create business-friendly environments where quality jobs can grow.

This marks the second year in a row that Alhambra was nominated. Julio Fuentes, Alhambra's city manager, said the city was honored to be so respected for its business-friendly reputation.

We have worked hard to find potential tenants and then go out and match them to the best possible location," he said. "We also make it a priority to get new businesses through the process in a very short time."

Alhambra was cited for providing a "wealth of information" on the city's website for new businesses, and for charging modest and reasonable rates for business licenses and utility user taxes and fees.

The Alhambra Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Association were also noted for their work with the city in hosting a number of programs to boost local businesses, such as its Summer Jubilee and Taste of Alhambra.
Krugels plan

La Puente, CA

#2 Sep 8, 2012
SHARON GREEN

I am so glad you are ok.

I used to live at 1000 S. Glendora Ave, Heritage Oaks senior apts and a power pole got knocked down and 157 apts were left without power or phones for hours!

Many of us have worked tirelessly to get a 25 MPH Senior Facility sign in front of the Senior Apts to no avail.

I took my cellphone door to door offering to call for help.

I used to carry a small generator in the trunk of my car that would run a small RV.

I just won my apartment back from being illegally evicted.

The last article about my story was in the San Gabriel Valley Tribune on the front page August 11th and 12th, 2012.

It was also in the Glendora Patch.

A small generator is very helpful to keep at your business in case of emergencies otherwise you can just take the day off;-)

I have been living in tents for 2 years while my case still continues even though I have won against the city of Glendora and Anchor Pacifica Management Co. Over 2000 homes were without power the last time a power pole was knocked down at 1000 S. Glendora and Ronwood St. I hope you and your business prosper.

I am in a motel room instead of tents now but the City and Management Co. continue to keep me homeless even though I have won against both their frivolous legal maneuvers.

I have worked very hard to keep my business in Glendora because businesses are struggling to survive and need the good citizens to do business here instead of other neighboring cities

I pray continuously for the businesses in Glendora to prosper.
G goose

La Puente, CA

#3 Sep 9, 2012
Glendora, California in the hands of City Manager; Chris Jeffers has unleashed the cities political and Police powers against any and all businesses.

Small businesses are their favorite to ATTACK to try and shut down. False charges are drummed up and submitted as fact to Glendora Police and code enforcement via the City Attorney; D. Wayne Leech.

Raids are conducted with heavy police presence to scare the heck out of the business owners and customers.

The city will spend thousands of dollars to try and collect small fines etc. from the business owner's. There objective, to run these business owners out of town.
Minions

Covina, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2012
Anyone with a business or other wise that stands up against the City of Glendora, California, the City ties to run them out of town.

It is the only way to keep control of the masses. That is unless your friends with the Troll, his minions or the Selective few.

A certain group that are are just not part of that circle, who are harassed by the City Council and Staff member's along with the Glendora Police Department.

And just not welcome by the back door controllers of Glendora, California.
Ringers

Covina, CA

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Deep with in the bowels of Glendora, California city hall a team of "golden goose killers" lerk, their goal is to ring as much money out of the merchants of Glendora, California as possible.
We shipped

West Covina, CA

#6 Sep 17, 2012
We just shipped those jobs and capital overseas, thanks to Bain Capital and the Republican / Tea Party Nation member's at large.l

California lost about 2.87 percent employement with the highests of 10.7 percent unemployement loss.

Between 2008 and 2011, California’s GDP has declined by $20.75 billion, far larger than any other state.
PassOver

La Puente, CA

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Glendora, California has a real problem well more like 6 or 7 problems.

And they all seem to impact the growth of 'small businesses' in he city of Glendora, California.

With the likes of Chris Jeffers, D. Wayne Leech, Rob Castro, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis, Judy Nelson, Joseph Santoro and Douglas Tessitor threatening to close down small businesses all over Glendora.

No wonder business tax revenues are down while the word is out and businesses are leaving and or not applying anymore.
Plenty

La Puente, CA

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Plenty of empty stores are testament to the attacks by Glendora, California city hall on small business owners.
Joe Friday

La Mesa, CA

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Mark's really gone off the deep end. I like watching him post to himself here, like watching a monkey using a remote control.
Hooked

La Puente, CA

#10 Sep 25, 2012
More like the kettle calling.
Patterns

La Puente, CA

#11 Sep 26, 2012
When talking to current and former business owners in Glendora, California they all have the same thread in their stories.

Just how insane the city of Glendora operates against business owners.
The council

Glendora, CA

#12 Oct 12, 2012
I don't know what the answer is, but making them comfortable and allowing the Glendodra city council to continue breaking the law is certainly not the right one.

I'll never understand the mindset of Glendora's city council member's that act like a bunch of BUMS..

You can't trust these people.

Most of them act like they are drug addicts, drunks and mentally ill.

Do you really want that around your kids?
TimedOut

Monrovia, CA

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Now that Fresh & Easy has announced they will not open and finally leave Glendora all together.

A GlendoraPatch reader made a suggestion:

Trader Joes is a great suggestion and would bring $ to Glendora rather than San Dimas.

Just why can't Glendora attract Trader Joes? Because the backroom politics that go on in Glendora are just too much for most business to deal with.
MoveIn

Covina, CA

#14 Dec 13, 2012
A former crack-house or drug manufaturing house:

LOS ANGELES
GLENDORA
19104 MANUA LOA
7/21/2004
LeadsVille

Covina, CA

#15 Dec 13, 2012
The city of Glendora, California has launched another sure fire "lead Balloon" of an idea to save the city and tghe remaining small business that are still left in Glendora.

The new section inside the cities web page intended to be a web-based resource for potential and existing businesses.

Called a “one-stop source” for businesses, the site is part of the city’s Economic Development Plan.

Other cities in California and through out the USA have had these business freindly sections in the cities web pages.

I wonder why it took Glendora so long to figure it out for themselves? The city council and management inside city hall are rather arrogant and pig headed.
Hokums

Covina, CA

#16 Aug 26, 2013
http://gurpreetseehra.hubpages.com/hub/How-Su...

Glendora, California - city council and city mangers deep in city hall.

While surveys depend on the participant's ability to recall, but what is more dangerous is the tacit manipulation of results to get predetermined outcomes which of cource are commercially motivated.

Therefore it becomes very important to know whether the organisations that conducts the survey and compile the results have any personal stakes in the outcome or not. Like getting a good Facebook smilie and being paid the big bucks.

After getting some insider knowledge of surveying and statistics, I feel a need to expose the ruthlessness with which businesses try to highjack public opinion.
Truth never sleeps

Covina, CA

#17 Aug 26, 2013
It looks like those in Glendora, California's city hall have been lying like a bunch of cheap rugs to the honest voting residents of Glendora, California.

Stealing their tax dollars to run scams, like Ponzi scams.

Chris Jeffers

Jeff Kugel

Dave Davies

Ken Herman

D. Wayne Leech

Mark Kelly

Gary Clifford

Gene Murabito

Terry Kent

Judy Nelson

Deborah Neal

Deborah Wilson

Joseph Santoro

Douglas Tessitor

http://gurpreetseehra.hubpages.com/hub/How-Su...

While surveys depend on the participant's ability to recall, but what is more dangerous is the tacit manipulation of results to get predetermined outcomes which of cource are commercially motivated.

Therefore it becomes very important to know whether the organization's that conducts the survey and compile the results have any personal stakes in the outcome or not.

Liker fooling the public in to believing they as managers of the city really know what they are doing?

After getting some insider knowledge of surveying and statistics, I feel a need to expose the ruthlessness with which businesses try to highjack public opinion.
Votes are counted

Santa Paula, CA

#18 Aug 26, 2013
The Unhappy people of Glendora:ERICA LANDMANN-JOHNSEY ,KRISTIN PARISI, JOHN HARROLD, MARK SMITH, ED BRUBAKER, ADIN RUDD, PAUL MARSHALL, SHARON GREEN.

1986 JUDGE-MUNICIPAL COURT - CITRUS OFFICE: Two man race: John Harrold lost- 29 to 71 percent ( His wife also ran and lost the same year)

2001 John Harrold / KRISTIN PARISI lost vote on Glendora Market Place 63 to 37 percent

2002 John Harrold Recalled from Glendora City Council and took two other Council members down with him

2003 Glendora City Council John Harrold placed 4th in an eight candidate race

2007 Glendora City Council John Harrold placed 6th in an seven candidate race. Kristin Parisi places 4th.

2007 Election City Council spending results
Mr Herman spent $5.25 Per vote and Received the most votes at 3,787
Mr Harrold Spent $12.64 Per Vote and Placed 6th with 2,204 votes

2007 Recalled Mayor John Harrold receives $21,000.00 plus dollars from Paul Marshall to keep the Clifford/Marshall lawsuite stirred up

2008 Harrold donates $500.00 to and supports Steve Ipsen for LA County DA.Ipsen gets 16% of vote (last place)

2008 Kristin Parisi loses her John Harrold Drafted law suite against the City of Glendora. She filed a lawsuite against the previous city she worked for in also.

2008 ERICA LANDMANN-JOHNSEY /John Harrold / Mark Smith / Kristin Parisi fail to get required signatures for Glendora Council Districts initiative. Parisi donates $300.00 and lends $500.00 to FAILED district initiative

Was this a "Pay-to-Play". ADDA UNION President Steve Ipsen announced the appointment of Recalled Glendora Mayor John Harrold to ADDA UNION 801 bargaining team as Discipline Committee co-chair. Harrold donated $500.00 to Ipsen's LA County DA run for office. How much is Harrold Paid for this appointment?

2008 Clifford / Marshall Law Suite - Request for Dismissal (WITH PREJUDICE, ENTIRE ACTION) Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner (Marshall)

2008 "Friends of Glendora" (Erica Landmann-Johnsey ,Kristin Parisi, John Harrold, Mark Smith) lawsuit tossed out of court. Cory Biggs who was hired by the Recalled Glendora Mayor John Harrold's Group to bring the "Friends of Glendora" lawsuit. Briggs by his own estimate has filed at least six lawsuits against Wal-Mart since 2004, including suits filed in Rialto, Barstow and Murrieta.

2009 Kristin Parisi loses her 3rd bid for Glendora City council by a 2-1 margin.

2009 Mark Smith supported attempted to recall Anthony Adams recall attempt fails due to fraudulent signatures on the recall ballot

2009 Harrold supporters - MARK SMITH and ED BRUBAKER rebuffed in their attempt to defeat Glendora "Measure C" by well over a 2-1 margin

2009, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Villalobos ruled that the Glendora Police Department and Glendora City Council Member Gary Clifford properly arrested Keleigh Marshall for vandalizing campaign signs of the incumbent city council members in connection with the March 2007 Glendora city council election.

2009 Judge Villalobos found that there was substantial evidence to believe that Marshall had committed the crime of vandalism, her actions were motivated by malice, and that Marshall was not factually innocent of the crime.

2010 - ON APPEAL GLENDORA JUDGMENT AGAINST ERICA LANDMANN-JOHNSEY IS AFFIRMED INCLUDING COURT COST.
CERTIFIED FOR PUBLICATION
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
SECOND APPELLATE DISTRICT
DIVISION ONE

2011 - ERICA LANDMANN-JOHNSEY places 5th in Glendora city council race financed by Mark Smith and Paul Marshall.
Caught liars

Covina, CA

#19 Aug 26, 2013
Caught them lying again!

It looks like those in Glendora, California's city hall have been lying like a bunch of cheap rugs to the honest voting residents of Glendora, California.

Stealing their tax dollars to run scams, like Ponzi scams.

Chris Jeffers

Jeff Kugel

Dave Davies

Ken Herman

D. Wayne Leech

Mark Kelly

Gary Clifford

Gene Murabito

Terry Kent

Judy Nelson

Deborah Neal

Deborah Wilson

Joseph Santoro

Douglas Tessitor

Karen Davis

http://gurpreetseehra.hubpages.com/hub/How-Su ...

Therefore it becomes very important to know whether the organization's that conducts the survey and compile the results have any personal stakes in the outcome or not.

Liker fooling the public in to believing they as managers of the city really know what they are doing?

Inferior Intellect

Santa Paula, CA

#20 Aug 27, 2013
The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 34,438
Has anyone ever been molested, by a doctor/spec... Wed Oliver jacobs 4
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Wed marg 124
Ontario Police Department cover up. Oct 17 An upset mother 1
News Chino Hills isn't free of gangs (Feb '08) Oct 13 Saner lok 58
News Pomona gang members sentenced in shooting of te... (May '14) Oct 12 Angel 10
Is SkimmingWorld real??? (Feb '17) Oct 12 Denny 11

Pomona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pomona Mortgages