Jenny B

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I am a sever diabetic but, I do control it 90% of the time. But, when is does flare up then I have to go to Emergency room. I had to go to a emergency room (No names for bashing)it was real early in the morning 1:45 am. They took my vitals and as usual said someone will be with you shortly. From 1:45 to 5:00 am, I sit waiting. I was the only one in the waiting room! I went to my car and took my sugar level and it was down. I went in and told the nurse that I was leaving. 2 weeks later a bill I received for emergency services $782.17. For what? I called my insurance provider and told them what happen. They told me that they was not going to pay the bill due too inadequate medical procedures! Milking the insurance companies at its best!
Friend

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, it's just the begining, it's called Obamacare.
reality!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

No it has nothing to do with Obamacare it is due to poor patient care! I know I work in the health care Sorry you were done like that an then charged for it!!
John g

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Yes obamacare at its finest! Gj libs way screw America.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Jenny B wrote:
I am a sever diabetic but, I do control it 90% of the time. But, when is does flare up then I have to go to Emergency room. I had to go to a emergency room (No names for bashing)it was real early in the morning 1:45 am. They took my vitals and as usual said someone will be with you shortly. From 1:45 to 5:00 am, I sit waiting. I was the only one in the waiting room! I went to my car and took my sugar level and it was down. I went in and told the nurse that I was leaving. 2 weeks later a bill I received for emergency services $782.17. For what? I called my insurance provider and told them what happen. They told me that they was not going to pay the bill due too inadequate medical procedures! Milking the insurance companies at its best!
What hospital was it? I work for a dr. That does the same thing.

“I'm just me”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

I am guessing she went to Holzer's.
Jenny B

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

As in my first post, I stated that I was not posting "No" hospitals names for bashing purposes! 30 mile radius! The insurance provider "don't" know what is going on unless you provide them with the info. It help out a lot too! An average Doctors office visit with the Doctor should be with the Doctor 15 minutes or less for the office fees they charge. This is a normal set time for the Doctor and patience visit. 50% of the time patience talks to Doctor under less then 10 minutes or so! There is another thing to watch for! Now if your Doctor come in and the first thing they ask is, what you doing here today for? That should set off a red flag that they haven't even looked at you chart at all. Even when the Doctor had you to schedule the appointment for follow up. There is another thing they do too. Prescription medicines, you been on the same meds for awhile but, you have to have a office visit to get the meds refilled, not a narcotic meds. Just everyday meds you need. You really don't need to visit the Doc everytime you need a refill! Your insurance gets charge for the visit that they could have called in! Its all about MONEY!
finally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Jenny B wrote:
As in my first post, I stated that I was not posting "No" hospitals names for bashing purposes! 30 mile radius! The insurance provider "don't" know what is going on unless you provide them with the info. It help out a lot too! An average Doctors office visit with the Doctor should be with the Doctor 15 minutes or less for the office fees they charge. This is a normal set time for the Doctor and patience visit. 50% of the time patience talks to Doctor under less then 10 minutes or so! There is another thing to watch for! Now if your Doctor come in and the first thing they ask is, what you doing here today for? That should set off a red flag that they haven't even looked at you chart at all. Even when the Doctor had you to schedule the appointment for follow up. There is another thing they do too. Prescription medicines, you been on the same meds for awhile but, you have to have a office visit to get the meds refilled, not a narcotic meds. Just everyday meds you need. You really don't need to visit the Doc everytime you need a refill! Your insurance gets charge for the visit that they could have called in! Its all about MONEY!
Well said there!! That is some very good advice and without calling anybody names and trying to ruin a reputation!:).
Sad

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Reminds me of the time that the ambulance that arrived to my house didn't take me to the hospital (Holzers) because I couldn't bend to get in.(I had severely injured my back)

So, I literally had to FORCE myself into the car, tears in my eyes, back making cracking sounds, while the two paramedics just stood there and watched.

When I got to the clinic in Pomeroy, I was forced to sit in the waiting room for hours (I got there around 4PM, didn't leave til dark, so I'd guess 4-6 hours)When the doctor FINALLY arrived, all he did was hit me in the back (Seriously, it felt as if all he was doing was hitting me in the back - hard, asking where it hurt.) Then he gave me some pain meds and told me to rest up at home. I didn't even get a f*cking X-Ray!

Sometime later, the ambulance sent us a f*cking bill...Seriously??? Well, we never paid it, refused to til we explained (cussed them out), then they stopped bothering us. I wish we had pressed charges.

But yeah, it's absolute bullsh*t. I wasn't even in High School when that happened. Only 20 years old and in severe back pain constantly.:/ I know I probably would have some chronic pain anyways from the initial injury, but I just have a feeling that If I had proper health care at that time, I wouldn't be in as much pain as I am today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pomeroy Forum right now

Search the Pomeroy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 59 min half breed 28,978
Gabe Copley and kids??? 17 hr Concerned Karma 1
faith wells 20 hr little sis 47
Ohio River Tire & Lube owned by a child neglecter Sun Sue her 3
dr brown Sun rebel 4
Cj Estep Sun Lol 5
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sun NSA 229
•••
•••
•••
Pomeroy Dating

more search filters

less search filters