First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Light

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 1, 2011
What should be done to get it back to a great place for our youth to play football.
anon

White Cloud, MI

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Get Sarah out of therez
The Light

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 1, 2011
How. They won't vote
Wrong

United States

#4 Mar 1, 2011
Call a meeting of parents. Announce it in the paper, put it on FaceBook, announce it on WMPO, Get the word out. But, someone is going to have to not be afraid to take charge. Let them know that the current leadership refuses to notify parents of meetings. Let them know that there has been concerns over embezzlement of their funds and find out how many would like to see new leadership. parents and interested parties can call their own meeting if they are not permitted to attend meetings under the current leadership.
Say- There will be a parent meeting for those who have children playing football for the bbyfl or would be interested in joining. explain what the bbyfl is and what ages are qualified to play. Call the coaches and any one else who plays vital roles. Let them know it is an organizational meeting. Explain that you will be nominating officers and then set up a meeting at a later date to vote.
The simple fact that the public is not allowed to be aware when, where and what is going on makes it highly likely that something isn't right. If they (she) don't even let you know when meetings are, it certainly makes it look like they are trying to keep something hidden.
Also

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2011
Or Just contact the person and tell her to put out public announcements when there are meetings and when they are getting ready to get organized. If she won't then there will really be reason for concern.
If I were in charge of something and people even thought for one second that I was doing something illegal, I would WANT to step down immediately. Maybe she is not aware of how some people feel. Maybe it is a bunch of miscommunication. Let her know that the parents want reports and communications about what cash is collected what is spent, etc. I know that if it were me, and people were asking questions or being suspicious, and I had nothing to hide, I would want to get the facts out asap. I would go out of my way to do everything out in the open and set up some sort of accountability process so that there were a variety of people knowing what was going on. Not just my friends.
when someone wants to do everything in the dark, behind closed doors, with limited input from others and by keeping secrets, I'd say you are right in wondering if something is up.
Pissed off Father

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2011
Something has to be done....Sara and Regina literally take the fun out of football for the kids and the parents. All they do is bitch! They have the big heads, many times after Dave died Regina said "well I'm the president now and it will be done this way". If you know Regina you know how she has that "I'm better than you" attitude. Those two make evrything a issue and make things difficult. I think they should remove Regina, Sara and for sure Angie from any and all BBYFL functions. I'm pretty sure they were part of the reason why Eastern pulled out of the BBYFL, thats sad.
Pissed off Father

United States

#7 Mar 1, 2011
Oh...... Did you know Regina denied a child from playing due to the fact that she did not like his mother! Thats what kind of person she is. He did get to play but it was a big stink. I've had sons in the BBYFL for nine years and never has it been like this! Sorry for rambling, but I love the BBYFL and more inportant my sons do. It just pisses me off that three people can ruin it for all!!!!!
The Light

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 1, 2011
I agree. I love it but to to the point I do t ever want anything to do with it again.
Sara

New York, NY

#9 Mar 1, 2011
The Light wrote:
I agree. I love it but to to the point I do t ever want anything to do with it again.
Agree
Here and There

United States

#10 Mar 2, 2011
I think Eber would make a great president.
Pissed off Father

United States

#11 Mar 2, 2011
Who do we contact about getting a meeting?
IDK

United States

#12 Mar 2, 2011
Pissed off Father wrote:
Who do we contact about getting a meeting?
IDK. I am not involved in it. I have just been reading these and hearing what people around the community have to say. So, IDK, who the leaders, sponsors, etc. are. Be the leader yourself. Just start contacting as many parents, coaches, sponsors, anyone you know who is involved. Call the ones in charge and let them know that the parents want an organizational meeting and don't let them get out of it. Demand it. Get a few people together who will support your idea of inducting new leadership so that when you do get the meeting everyone isn't sitting there biting their tongue afraid to say what is on their minds. Be prepared. If you can get enough parents together, then do it, even if the current leadership refuses, have a meeting without them. Numbers speak volumes. If you get enough parents together making the same demands, they cannot ignore you. If as much of this stuff is true and this many people know about it, you are going to have the majority on your side. Probably a lot more ppl than you would imagine who are just waiting for someone else to take action. No one wants to be the one who makes the first move but for the sake of the kids someone has to.
One possibility is an newspaper announcement. But that would mean you have to be ready to take charge. Just announce an informational/organizational meeting of parents whose child will be playing and tell them whats up.
Another, start a FACEBOOK page. That is a way to get info out to mass numbers of ppl. Send Friend requests to as many bbyfl parents as you can find. Almost everyone has facebook.
The Light

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2011
We need to do something.
Maroon & Gold

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 4, 2011
What about the equipment and little or Bo there there is left. Will they take it too.
anon

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2011
Any news?
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 14, 2011
Nope I haven't heard anything.
I know

Gallipolis, OH

#17 Mar 14, 2011
I know that if there is any equipment left there won't be when you vote them out. They left Harrisonville with NOTHING. No equipment, no money, no NOTHING. GOOD LUCK YOUR GOINA NEED IT.
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#18 Mar 14, 2011
I bet.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Mar 15, 2011
I would suggest having the sheriff's department go collect the equipment if it belongs to the league and not the president. There are such things laws and protocol. Keeping things that does not belong to you is theft. press charges if necessary.
EVERY ONE in the world knows that you volunteer to help youth leagues and other childrens activites b/c you love the kids and want them to have opportunities. NOT TO ADVANCE YOUR OWN finances.
I don't like to believe everything I read on here. But, IF this stuff is true, it is absolutely PATHETIC!! Sounds like people in charge doesn't even LIKE KIDS so why are they even there?
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 15, 2011
No all the equipment is at the stadium. We are saying if there was a way to get them out they would try something with the stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomeroy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River Tire & Lube 1 hr Mike Chancellor 28
Jimmy Lee Jr 7 hr Just wondering 2
Maple Lawn Brewery going under already? 15 hr Neil Giles 21
T.T. Simmons Drunk 17 hr ABC321 7
Brandon Barkey has a monster D! Wed DDd 3
where is sandra melott?? Wed Beth 8
Matthew Eblin, Jr Tue Jlaw 2

Pomeroy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance