Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

If true, the study, casts doubt on the idea that modern humans and Neanderthals co-existed — and possibly even interbred — for millennia, because humans aren't believed to have settled in the region until 42,000 years ago. Noah sure doesn't look like a Neanderthal. I guess God just forgot there were Neanderthals on Earth before he created Adam?????????

Since: Nov 11

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Smoke on The Water wrote:
If true, the study, casts doubt on the idea that modern humans and Neanderthals co-existed — and possibly even interbred — for millennia, because humans aren't believed to have settled in the region until 42,000 years ago. Noah sure doesn't look like a Neanderthal. I guess God just forgot there were Neanderthals on Earth before he created Adam?????????
It's ok. Go to hell. Just go quietly.
MUST be true

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cannot believe how naive people are. Believe anything and everything they read no matter what the source or with NO source. its like every clown out there coming up with whatever they can to minimize the bible and the word of god and the world full of confused, gullible godless people just want to be manipulated and tricked. don't let the world fool you. listen to god and believe what he and only he tells you.
Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ok firstly, if you want to talk about "gullible" people that "Believe anything and everything they read no matter what the source or with NO source" you must be talking about Christians!
The people that write about Neanderthals are scientists! It sounds like you've probably never heard of that word before, so ill tell you, scientists are people who go to school for years and years after high school (probably about 15 years more education than you, by the looks and sounds of it) in an attempt to understand more fully the world around us. They rely on scientific (provable) techniques to gain insight into the previously unknown. It is a fact that Neanderthals existed and it is a fact that they bred with Homo sapiens (that means humans). The scientists know this because of genetics, carbon dating, bones, etc. Show me proof of your god.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah I believe two rocks hit each other and we were created, that makes perfect sense. I want a new truck so I think I'm gonna get a couple pieces of gravel and my Yahtzee cup and see what happens.
Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
Yeah I believe two rocks hit each other and we were created, that makes perfect sense. I want a new truck so I think I'm gonna get a couple pieces of gravel and my Yahtzee cup and see what happens.
I guess I'm not really sure what you're alluding to when you say "two rocks hit each other" but maybe you mean the Big Bang ? You don't have I believe it, but even the Catholic Church supports evolution, and evolution starts with the Big Bang. You also don't have to believe that elements are a result of nuclear fusion in stars and these elements created life (with a little help from lightening in earths primordial pools)... But again, it's a scientific theory and as much as theists love to say "it's just a theory!", scientific theory is a lot lot lot more certain than just a regular theory... Similar to the theory of gravity.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah I was talking about big bang theory/evolution and I 100% don't agree or believe it. So we'll just agree to disagree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

how could you seriously disagree with that??
Big Mac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

If you have a question for God, go the the Source and ask Him.
Torches&Pitchfor ks

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The key here, and I'm not degrading science (and the learned men and women of it) at all, is why do human beings think we are capable of grasping the full mind of God? I think we will always try, but I highly doubt that we are capable. To believe we are capable shows human nature fallible aspects. We humans are so concerned with "us" and not concerned with Him. We elevate our own status above what we are truly capable of, and in doing so we unintentionally degrade how fully omnipresent God is.

I'm not one to doubt scientific discoveries at all. The Big Bang probably did occur like our most brilliant minds say it did, but what set it in motion? Let there be light sounds a lot like a Big Bang to me. The idea of a single point in the void exploding to create our ever expanding universe and all its wonders had to have a starting point.

When the human genome project was finishing, I heard a scientist say that we have unlocked the language of God. Since life on Earth shares many sections of DNA code, many scientists say this is proof of evolution. Could this also not be proof that God uses the same methods to design his creation? Computer programs do many different tasks, but they're all still 1s and 0s in the end. It's simply a language to build with.

Just a little food for thought.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

How could you seriously agree with that?
Smoke on The Water

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Big Mac wrote:
If you have a question for God, go the the Source and ask Him.
<quoted text>
Ask Who? No human has seen or even spoken to the man!
Smoke on The Water

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

majorityruleisourway wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok. Go to hell. Just go quietly.
So I hit a nerve! Your Christian answer is go to hell! Nice Christian up bringing! So Christian Human why not face the facts, A Myth is a Myth and you can't make anything else out of it by listening to garbage! "Oh" the drama it creates your, better off reading a comic book that you can color in! At least you can create your own fantasy World!

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> So I hit a nerve! Your Christian answer is go to hell! Nice Christian up bringing! So Christian Human why not face the facts, A Myth is a Myth and you can't make anything else out of it by listening to garbage! "Oh" the drama it creates your, better off reading a comic book that you can color in! At least you can create your own fantasy World!
No nerves hit here at all. You started this forum to bash Christians and Christianity. I just don't think there is anything that I could say to you that would sway you to believe in Christ. And honestly in the end, it's a personal relationship between you and God. A God you don't believe in. If you don't want to believe, it's your prerogative. I just don't want to argue about it. Hence the go quietly part.

Personally though I love how you non-believers decry the close-minded Christians and how faith is such non-sensical thing to you. Non-believers never seem to be able to answer where the stars and chemical make-up of things started. What created the sun and oxygen and atoms and particles? In the beginning there was nothing. Then there was something. You believe that something evolved into this, then that, then something else, then us. We believe a divine creator formed what he created in his own hands. It's ok to disagree. In the end we will all know for sure. If I'm wrong, I live a good life and end up equal to you in the dirt. If your wrong your going to need something very cold to drink. Either way, just have a little patience. No need to bash one another. I respect you and your views. I've heard them often. No need to try to throw the rescue buoy to a person swimming the other way. Enjoy the swim.
Seabiscuit

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No nerves hit here at all. You started this forum to bash Christians and Christianity. I just don't think there is anything that I could say to you that would sway you to believe in Christ. And honestly in the end, it's a personal relationship between you and God. A God you don't believe in. If you don't want to believe, it's your prerogative. I just don't want to argue about it. Hence the go quietly part.
Personally though I love how you non-believers decry the close-minded Christians and how faith is such non-sensical thing to you. Non-believers never seem to be able to answer where the stars and chemical make-up of things started. What created the sun and oxygen and atoms and particles? In the beginning there was nothing. Then there was something. You believe that something evolved into this, then that, then something else, then us. We believe a divine creator formed what he created in his own hands. It's ok to disagree. In the end we will all know for sure. If I'm wrong, I live a good life and end up equal to you in the dirt. If your wrong your going to need something very cold to drink. Either way, just have a little patience. No need to bash one another. I respect you and your views. I've heard them often. No need to try to throw the rescue buoy to a person swimming the other way. Enjoy the swim.
Very respectfully put....kudos to you!!!!
And I especially love the part, "In the end we will all know for sure. If I'm wrong, I live a good life and end up equal to you in the dirt. If your wrong your going to need something very cold to drink. Either way, just have a little patience." It's all about the personal relationship you have with Christ. Best wishes to all non-believers, the only thing we can hope in telling you, is that you'll find peace.
Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I also agree that just because the Big Bang / evolution probably occurred doesn't mean that a god doesn't exist. He/she/it may have very well orchestrated the whole thing.
WolfBane

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

There was/were pre-adamic civilizations. This is a common misperception about the Bible.The Bible is not a history book of the world. It is an historical record of God's dealings with man. As such, there is much more that the Bible doesn't say, as opposed to that which it does.
Skippy

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Red wrote:
I also agree that just because the Big Bang / evolution probably occurred doesn't mean that a god doesn't exist. He/she/it may have very well orchestrated the whole thing.
That's called "The Intelligent Design" theory. That an intelligence of some sort created the universe, but not a deity.
Smoke on the water

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>
I guess you need to read more careful. I was not bashing no one at all. Just asking a question. So Great Wizard of Knownledge, then why isn't in the Bible anywhere that there was life before Adam and Eve!“Oh” I got that answer Neanderthals they couldn’t read what they were writing! But, Adam and Eve could!

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Smoke on the water wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you need to read more careful. I was not bashing no one at all. Just asking a question. So Great Wizard of Knownledge, then why isn't in the Bible anywhere that there was life before Adam and Eve!“Oh” I got that answer Neanderthals they couldn’t read what they were writing! But, Adam and Eve could!
Why are you so miserable? You started this thread hoping for the opportunity to bash Christians and Christianity. Can't you have a conversation without resorting to juvinile name calling?

In my opinion, the bible is the inspired word of God written by men. If there were no men prior to Adam then you could assume the bible wouldn't cover that part of life. I don't know why there isn't any recordered history for the dinosaur era. Maybe their arms were too short to reach the paper? I don't know. If you are looking to me for answers your going to be miserable and unimpressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Pomeroy Forum right now

Search the Pomeroy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min Canton 29,425
Tosha Johnson 2 hr BBB 2
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr gary 2,225
kfc 10 hr who is he 1
walking path view 11 hr tgif 2
Meigs county toy run & Poker run! 14 hr i am rider to 4
kisha tillis and rebeca wolf 19 hr Anthony 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pomeroy Jobs

•••