McDonald's. 1.00 for a sausage McMuf...

McDonald's. 1.00 for a sausage McMuffin. 2.39 for a sausage Mcmuffin with egg?

Posted in the Pomeroy Forum

Since: Nov 11

Columbus, OH

#1 Dec 15, 2011
OK, I'm going to over-react for a minute or two.

It's like I went to sleep and when I awoke it's ok for businesses to totally rip you off. Sure it's only a 1.39. But it's more than double the price. Are you kidding me? Potato Chips. Same size bags. Once 9oz. was a dollar. Now 6oz. in the same bag are a dollar. When did we become so immune to being ripped off for such huge amounts of money? I know it's only a few dimes or dollars here and there, but.....it's 50-175%% price increases for almost nothing. I mean when gas goes from 3.00 to 4.00 that's a 33% increase. We went nuts. There are tons of suddenly acceptable huge price increases with no added value.

Is it any wonder we as consumers don't have the disposable income we used to have? Money is just trickling away from us dimes and dollars at a time. This is crazy.

whew! Now I feel better. Feel free to tell me how wacko I am or add your own angry price rant.

Anon

Magee, MS

#2 Dec 16, 2011
majorityruleisourway wrote:
OK, I'm going to over-react for a minute or two.

It's like I went to sleep and when I awoke it's ok for businesses to totally rip you off. Sure it's only a 1.39. But it's more than double the price. Are you kidding me? Potato Chips. Same size bags. Once 9oz. was a dollar. Now 6oz. in the same bag are a dollar. When did we become so immune to being ripped off for such huge amounts of money? I know it's only a few dimes or dollars here and there, but.....it's 50-175%% price increases for almost nothing. I mean when gas goes from 3.00 to 4.00 that's a 33% increase. We went nuts. There are tons of suddenly acceptable huge price increases with no added value.

Is it any wonder we as consumers don't have the disposable income we used to have? Money is just trickling away from us dimes and dollars at a time. This is crazy.

whew! Now I feel better. Feel free to tell me how wacko I am or add your own angry price rant.
You are no wacko!!! Prices keep going up and packages of food keep getting smaller and smaller...
hello

Birmingham, AL

#3 Dec 16, 2011
Don't like it, don't buy it. McDonalds is a luxury. Wanna save money? Stop eating there and buying the damn chips!!!!
goodbye

Delaware, OH

#4 Dec 16, 2011
I don't think that was the point he was making. go to the grocery and everything is getting so expensive. the prices are going up and the amounts are smaller. The loaf of bread is so small compared to what the size use to be. The cookie is smaller and the prices stay the same they don't decrease.
Nothin New

Hyannis, MA

#5 Nov 22, 2013
When Hershey's chocolate first came out (1800's)
they did the same thing. They bragged their price never changed, but the size did(smaller package)!
Who said there is nothing new under the sun.
Same ole same ole.
Cylopes

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Nov 22, 2013
sausage McMuffin. Get a few napkins or possible a lot. Put sausage between the napkins and squeeze. You're get enough grease to fry at least 3 eggs with?
the way it is

West Union, OH

#8 Dec 1, 2013
The worth of the dollar is dropping. When the dollar is worth less, it takes more of them to get the same amount of goods. The government printing more and more cash. For example, if you have $100 in circulation, and the government orders $100 more dollars to be printed, now the original $100 is only worth $50. A dollar burger is then $2. I've kept the numbers simple for ease of understanding. Also as the cost of gasoline and wages increase, so does the cost of goods. So then the problem is compounded. Are you with me?
gary

Minford, OH

#9 Dec 2, 2013
we ate a mc-d's yesterday. inside at a table. they still boxed everything like we were taking it with us? i dont understand why they do this. after 30 min, all them box's hit the trash can, to go to a landfill. why dont they place the sandwich on a napkin?
James

Laguna Niguel, CA

#10 Apr 14, 2014
the way it is wrote:
The worth of the dollar is dropping. When the dollar is worth less, it takes more of them to get the same amount of goods. The government printing more and more cash. For example, if you have $100 in circulation, and the government orders $100 more dollars to be printed, now the original $100 is only worth $50. A dollar burger is then $2. I've kept the numbers simple for ease of understanding. Also as the cost of gasoline and wages increase, so does the cost of goods. So then the problem is compounded. Are you with me?
I mean, ya I'm with you on most of it... Bust I sure as shit haven't sseen any sort of significant wage increase... Minimum wage today is only a few hundred above the poverty line... What the hell happened to the middle class??
papa

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 15, 2014
It's way too easy for people to NOT work and just sit around collecting a government check each month.. That's what happened to the middle class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pomeroy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colonial Park 1 hr Beach St 8
lawsuit filed against pomeroy ohio mayor 12 hr DOC 6
Tyler Andrews the town drunk 13 hr A Friend 11
Tosha Johnson (Jul '14) 16 hr its beat uo 26
People not related that likes to call them Mom ... Mon uranidiot 8
Racine meth bust Sep 23 Skooter 2
Sue oliver (Oct '15) Sep 23 no way 40

Pomeroy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance