Ousted secretary seeks seat on tribal council

Oct 25, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Missoulian

A controversial decision to reassign the longtime executive secretary of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes to other duties has ratcheted up interest in Saturday's primary election for five tribal ... via Missoulian

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Concerned member

Claremont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

If someone is "ousted" does not that mean the person no longer has a job? Yet, Mr. Dupuis still retained his pay and benefits and his title. He is still working? What is he complaining about?
I am a member-not Pitts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Dupuis should feel lucky he has a job. If people would do their jobs and keep their nose in that job, maybe something would happen on the rez. And as for Moran. He was on the council before and didn't do his job. There are other people who ran for council and should never be on the council or even on the roles. Yes I am talking about Terry Pitts. He's not even Indian. One of his grandparents was adopted into the tribe. He and his wife got into a car wreck and their names were in the paper 24-7 and thats what got him into peoples head. He never once clamed to be Indian when he was in school and never in his life went to a pow-wow or wake or anything dealing with Indians. He uses his teaching as a way of getting him on the council. Big damn deal. There are a lot of people out their that have been teachers and done things for our youth more than him and they didn't say look at me. I hope the people who voted for him take a good look at their whiteman councilman. I know he will be spending many nights reading what it is to be an Indian. Ha Ha.
Former Student

Ronan, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

You must know a different Terry Pitts than the one that was an excellent teacher, coach and role model for me. Sure he didn't dress or look like a traditional indian, whatever that may mean for people, but he was a cowboy and a little light-skinned but he always encouraged me to stay in touch with my culture and family. He respected anything cultural that may have been going on without question. It wasn't until after high-school that i heard of what may or may not have gotten him on the "rolls", up until then i had no idea he wasn't "indian", which i think is hogwash. He is very caring, generous and willing to help out any person be they white or indian or whatever they may deem themselves and to me aren't those native american (Indian Quailities)that we value so much. That doesn't even mention how close and well raised him and his wife are to their boys.
Samuel Poe

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Before the whites invaded, the Chippewa's had forced their way into the Montana region telling their Indian brethren about the eventual white invasion. The Seven Fires Prophecy is what led to the Chippewa's forcing their way into the Montana region some 1,500 years ago. Even after the whites invaded Montana, many of the Salish and Kootenai refused to side with the Chippewa's. Their descendants now know their ancestors were idiots. The Flathead Reservation is a chaotic land of "greed abuse." It is degrading to learn that Terry Pitts is white and was the only incumbent who was re-elected. Just knowing that lets you know something is seriously wrong on the Flathead Reservation and all other Native American Reservations. The Chippewa's, Kootenai, and Salish of the Flathead Reservation, must commence new Indian settlements on the Flathead Reservation, if the Indian race is to survive there. There is still enough time for the Flathead Reservation to remain Indian. You must expand Indian settlements for if you do not, the white invaders will eventually become the majority population in every settlement on the Flathead Reservation. It is good to know the Flathead Reservation still has Chippewa's clinging on to their Anishinabe identity. Read the Seven Fires Prophecy to learn why the whites don't like that.
I am a member-not Pitts wrote:
Dupuis should feel lucky he has a job. If people would do their jobs and keep their nose in that job, maybe something would happen on the rez. And as for Moran. He was on the council before and didn't do his job. There are other people who ran for council and should never be on the council or even on the roles. Yes I am talking about Terry Pitts. He's not even Indian. One of his grandparents was adopted into the tribe. He and his wife got into a car wreck and their names were in the paper 24-7 and thats what got him into peoples head. He never once clamed to be Indian when he was in school and never in his life went to a pow-wow or wake or anything dealing with Indians. He uses his teaching as a way of getting him on the council. Big damn deal. There are a lot of people out their that have been teachers and done things for our youth more than him and they didn't say look at me. I hope the people who voted for him take a good look at their whiteman councilman. I know he will be spending many nights reading what it is to be an Indian. Ha Ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Polson Discussions

Search the Polson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
STD numbers continue to climb on the Rez Mar 19 SeanGatlin 1
New Brewery Sets Sights on Downtown Libby Feb '14 truth seeker 4
locating old friend Jan '14 cobra13 2
CSKT Flathead Transit partners with Montana DOT... Dec '13 Darrel Armstrong 1
Original Flathead Reservation Nov '13 Kutenay 1
the hot test place to be tonight (Sep '13) Sep '13 Alphonso Metevelis 1
amber alert - polson (May '13) May '13 david 1
•••
•••