Mother of fallen Illinois marine reme...

Mother of fallen Illinois marine remembers only son

There are 9 comments on the WQAD story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Mother of fallen Illinois marine remembers only son. In it, WQAD reports that:

In a one-time only deal, the mother of Marine Staff Sergeant Justus Bartelt spoke out Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Polo gal

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Thoughts and prayers to the Bartelt/Kyker family. We are all so proud of his life and what he gave up to give us freedom...rest in peace Justus.
Virginia friends

King George, VA

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Dear Justus's family. I'm proud to say that we knew your son here in Virginia. He became a good friend to our family when he dated our daughter a few years ago. They still stayed in touch via
Facebook, and through her, we heard about him. Just was such a good boy! So sweet, so silly, so goofy, so funny....everyone liked him...a lot! Even my husband, a retired Marine, who never cared for any of our daughter's boyfriends, really liked and respected Justus. We are so saddened to hear of his death. It just doesn't seem possible that Justus is not around, somewhere, anymore. You did a wonderful job raising your son, and I just want you to know that we thank you for sharing him with everyone as you did. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless you and your family, and Justus-God rest your soul. Justus, you are missed.
A Fellow American

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2010
Thank you, Justus, for serving your country. God Bless your family!
Veteran

Johnstown, PA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. God Bless you! He died protecting our freedoms and I am thankful that there are men and women like him who are willing to give their lives for our country.
Jo Ann

Gulf Breeze, FL

#5 Jul 24, 2010
God be with his family. May he RIP!!!
2-6 Marine Dad

Jefferson, GA

#6 Jul 24, 2010
Thank you Justus for your service to not only your country but also to your brother marines who will miss you in 2/6.
OOH RAH Marine
Semper Fi
Robert Thames Jr

Cordova, TN

#7 Jul 24, 2010
Rest in peace Marine.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 25, 2010
Marines dont die we simply go to heaven to re group
another soldiers city

United States

#9 Jul 26, 2010
Did Westboro Church protest at Justus's funeral? We have one scheduled for tomorrow and just wondering if they really showed up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnnie hamilton n patrick mccommons Mar '17 Slumerican 1
Does anyone remember a place called Deer Park? (Mar '09) Mar '17 Lisa 27
the music thread (Mar '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 23
looking for my father (Oct '11) Jul '16 Tabatha 7
News Jack F. Apple (Jun '16) Jun '16 Mike 1
Michael F. Peterson, 35, of Polo (Jun '09) May '16 badcarma 21
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Whi... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Phil Shamon 49

Polo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polo Mortgages