Is Marshville next?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#42 Aug 19, 2013
Confused wrote:
Let me get this straight...You don't want a new facility built in Marshville for several reasons. One being that it will only bring jobs that the community is not qualified to fill. This must mean it will bring some new blood into the community. A higher educated group. These people will not live in the Habitat homes, but will buy or build homes. They will need to buy groceries and buy gas. They will eat in our fine establishments and pay taxes. They will have children who may become leaders. You are right, our towns homes are in need of repair. When was the last time you offered your neighbor a hand? You could even invite them to church with you.
Don't even try that "bringing jobs to the community" bit. Even Liberals use that line. You want THOSE kinds of jobs? More public employees? Let me explain something--a government or public job is NOT a job. It is a net loss. It is a tax, that's all.
You are reaching

Charlotte, NC

#43 Aug 19, 2013
Marshville Citizen 19 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try that "bringing jobs to the community" bit. Even Liberals use that line. You want THOSE kinds of jobs? More public employees? Let me explain something--a government or public job is NOT a job. It is a net loss. It is a tax, that's all.
I do believe it will be a private business, not government funded. Do your homework.....
hole in the wall

United States

#44 Aug 19, 2013
Tonight was a waste of time .
hole in the wall

United States

#45 Aug 19, 2013
The people running this town care only aboutmoney.money.money
hole in the wall

United States

#46 Aug 19, 2013
Trout ur a dumb ass89

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#47 Aug 20, 2013
"Youth" detention. "Youth" is a Liberal codeword for ngr punks. Why would any place want this? What this country desperately needs is an Africa Repatriation program. Put them on a boat back to the jungle. They're obviously nothing but vacuum cleaners for tax dollars here. A bottomless pit to throw money into. As long as they're here, they're nothing but lever-pullers for the Democrat Party.
Wow...you are a real piece of work. Human waste at it's finest.
Citizen

Columbus, NC

#48 Aug 21, 2013
hole in the wall wrote:
Tonight was a waste of time .
No Monday night was not a waste of time. The manager did not divulge information to the council members who just dumbly voted as their mayor told them to........I believe blindly was a word associated with the three favorable votes. There were a lot of people there. That was a good sign.

Do not give up. There are two more steps. Zoning and a Special Use Permit. That is where the adjoining property owners can protest and their voices HAVE to be heard.

Do not give up. That was step one. They are counting on you giving up. Please do not give up. This is worth fighting against. You give up the first step, they win. Hang in there and fight.
Peppy LaPew

Charlotte, NC

#49 Aug 22, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No Monday night was not a waste of time. The manager did not divulge information to the council members who just dumbly voted as their mayor told them to........I believe blindly was a word associated with the three favorable votes. There were a lot of people there. That was a good sign.
Do not give up. There are two more steps. Zoning and a Special Use Permit. That is where the adjoining property owners can protest and their voices HAVE to be heard.
Do not give up. That was step one. They are counting on you giving up. Please do not give up. This is worth fighting against. You give up the first step, they win. Hang in there and fight.
Let us know when and where to show up. Give us names and phone numbers to call.....whatever it takes to put a stop to the bs! We all need to contact the mayor and his 3 "yes" voters and raise hell.
PawPaw Godwin

Charlotte, NC

#50 Aug 22, 2013
I am more confused than a hungry baby in a Titty bar. Let me get this straight. Miss Amanda didn't say why they wanted to take in those new sections they wanted to annex. It looks like they are hiding what it is going to be used for.

Now I am generally for new business and all around here to get people jobs and pump more money into the town. I will say this and I told Miss Virginia this years ago when she was mayor. I want MARSHVILLE PEOPLE hired for Marshville jobs. Don't bring in some asshole from Charlotte to work in Marshville who is going to take his paycheck back and spend it at East Land Mall. Hire from here.

Location hidden

#51 Aug 22, 2013
PawPaw Godwin wrote:
I am more confused than a hungry baby in a Titty bar. Let me get this straight. Miss Amanda didn't say why they wanted to take in those new sections they wanted to annex. It looks like they are hiding what it is going to be used for.
Now I am generally for new business and all around here to get people jobs and pump more money into the town. I will say this and I told Miss Virginia this years ago when she was mayor. I want MARSHVILLE PEOPLE hired for Marshville jobs. Don't bring in some asshole from Charlotte to work in Marshville who is going to take his paycheck back and spend it at East Land Mall. Hire from here.
OK, and hire WHO? It ain't like there is a pool of intelligent, qualified potential employee's LOL!
anonymous

Waxhaw, NC

#52 Aug 22, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and hire WHO? It ain't like there is a pool of intelligent, qualified potential employee's LOL!
You never seem to have anything nice to say about any one in this town. Frankly, I am tired of you bad mouthing everyone here. Did no one ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

There may not be a lot of college educated people in this town, but there are more than you think. And last I checked, there wasn't anyone too old to learn a new job.

Location hidden

#53 Aug 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You never seem to have anything nice to say about any one in this town. Frankly, I am tired of you bad mouthing everyone here. Did no one ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
There may not be a lot of college educated people in this town, but there are more than you think. And last I checked, there wasn't anyone too old to learn a new job.
Hey, I just say it like it is. Simple as that.
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#54 Aug 23, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I just say it like it is. Simple as that.
Yeah, he says it like it is--from Louisiana. I believe if I had gotten malcontented and moved far away, I'd likely just let go of it. But not this whackjob.

Location hidden

#55 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, he says it like it is--from Louisiana. I believe if I had gotten malcontented and moved far away, I'd likely just let go of it. But not this whackjob.
So says the Marshville mouth in MATTHEWS.
Eldorado Jones

Charlotte, NC

#56 Aug 30, 2013
I know people who want jobs and are good workers. some been layed off from jobs but can't fine decent work. Some lost jobs when plants closed up like my neybor. I wood like a job at the youth center. I work now but I have to drive a long way to get to work. It cost for gas and keeping my old car going so I don't have much left after paying my bills and buying grocery and so on.
silly wabbit

Charlotte, NC

#57 Aug 30, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the Marshville mouth in MATTHEWS.
He's not in Matthews. We all know he's either way out in the boonies off Landsford Rd or at Food Lion chasing shirts.
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#58 Sep 1, 2013
TOWN MEETING - Tuesday night - Be there to be HEARD - Public able to speak and ask questions - NOT a special meeting - Don't give up now against this
I Care About Marshville

Indian Trail, NC

#59 Sep 1, 2013
If this is good for Marshville, if it will bring jobs to Marshville, then why all the sneaking around and secrecy and slipping items in on the council agenda in the wrong order? They sent out zoning letters before the land was even annexed.

If it was good, don't you think they would be shouting it from the rooftops? Something good for the future of Marshville is in the works!!! YAY! Frank and Amanda would be going around with their chests all puffed out saying "look what WE did for Marshville", instead of not letting people talk about it at the last meeting or being told they could NOT talk or mention what the land was going to be used for.

It smells just like Marshville smells after they spread chicken litter on the surrounding fields, stinks to high heaven.

Just think about it. You should take time and go to see what is going on in that town hall that will ultimately affect everyone in Marshville and the surrounding area.

Next meeting, September 3, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Marshville Town Hall. Be there, speak up, or at least watch and learn.

Location hidden

#60 Sep 5, 2013
I Care About Marshville wrote:
If this is good for Marshville, if it will bring jobs to Marshville, then why all the sneaking around and secrecy and slipping items in on the council agenda in the wrong order? They sent out zoning letters before the land was even annexed.
If it was good, don't you think they would be shouting it from the rooftops? Something good for the future of Marshville is in the works!!! YAY! Frank and Amanda would be going around with their chests all puffed out saying "look what WE did for Marshville", instead of not letting people talk about it at the last meeting or being told they could NOT talk or mention what the land was going to be used for.
It smells just like Marshville smells after they spread chicken litter on the surrounding fields, stinks to high heaven.
Just think about it. You should take time and go to see what is going on in that town hall that will ultimately affect everyone in Marshville and the surrounding area.
Next meeting, September 3, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Marshville Town Hall. Be there, speak up, or at least watch and learn.
Welllllllll, it's now the 5th...how did it go??????? LMAO. Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another new town manager?????? Aug 14 todd2869 2
Let's play Marshville Jeopardy (Jun '10) Jul 25 Badger 599
How bad is your Windstream DSL? (Nov '11) Jul '16 Driver1979 24
FHHS to change school colors and mascot Jul '16 Get Real 2
Post Office May '16 Downtowner 1
Poll Should the old MaLeck building in Wingate be ra... (Nov '09) May '16 Billy Braswell 43
News Polkton considers cemetery takeover (Oct '15) Oct '15 TobHud 3

Polkton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages