Editer of Home newspaper

Editer of Home newspaper

Posted in the Polkton Forum

Dauphine Eggers

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 23, 2014
Wingate colledge is trying to hirer some body from marshville to be the new editer of the Home Newspaper cents John Edmiston left town and gived the paper to the colledge for free and to write on his taxes. People have been complaneing about the paper not being about Marshville like it was when John was the editer. Now it is mostley about the colledge and that was enough to piss off a lot of Marshville people who have paid prescriptions. So now the colledge is hunting all over for somebody that knows something about Marshville to write for the paper.

What are the qualifications to be editer? Well they want somebody that live here and know a lot of people. Looking at John as a example you don't have to be very smart but know some good English and punctuation and stuff. They have computers to make stuff you write sound smart by spelling right and using big words in place of regular ones. What do the job pay? I recon 50 thousand or more if you sell a bunch of prescriptions. How do you apply? You do it online at the Wingate.edu website Good Luck
whowhat

Rocky Mount, NC

#2 Jul 23, 2014
Where did him go ya reckon? I caint even guess. I caint spell worf a dam, maybee I can does it?
Dauphine Eggers wrote:
Wingate colledge is trying to hirer some body from marshville to be the new editer of the Home Newspaper cents John Edmiston left town and gived the paper to the colledge for free and to write on his taxes. People have been complaneing about the paper not being about Marshville like it was when John was the editer. Now it is mostley about the colledge and that was enough to piss off a lot of Marshville people who have paid prescriptions. So now the colledge is hunting all over for somebody that knows something about Marshville to write for the paper.
What are the qualifications to be editer? Well they want somebody that live here and know a lot of people. Looking at John as a example you don't have to be very smart but know some good English and punctuation and stuff. They have computers to make stuff you write sound smart by spelling right and using big words in place of regular ones. What do the job pay? I recon 50 thousand or more if you sell a bunch of prescriptions. How do you apply? You do it online at the Wingate.edu website Good Luck
PawPaw Godwin

Charlotte, NC

#3 Sep 18, 2014
They hired LouAnn who used to write obits for the Monroe paper. She's not from Marshville. she lives sort of over near Oakboro. I doubt she will do much other than what the college tells her to do. She's not going to make any waves with them. Other than Lois' column and Brenda's Marshville church news and recipes it's pretty lame. That's why they are asking for letters. They've got that yankee woman writer that sounds like a damn communist to me. She is as nasty as old Byron who everybody was happy to see wasn't invited back. They are going to continue to loose subscribers unless they get a good writer who knows the area and can write human interest type stories.

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 19, 2014
PawPaw Godwin wrote:
They hired LouAnn who used to write obits for the Monroe paper. She's not from Marshville. she lives sort of over near Oakboro. I doubt she will do much other than what the college tells her to do. She's not going to make any waves with them. Other than Lois' column and Brenda's Marshville church news and recipes it's pretty lame. That's why they are asking for letters. They've got that yankee woman writer that sounds like a damn communist to me. She is as nasty as old Byron who everybody was happy to see wasn't invited back. They are going to continue to loose subscribers unless they get a good writer who knows the area and can write human interest type stories.
"They are going to continue to loose subscribers".
----------
"LOOSE" subscribers????? Didn't quite make it through 6th grade did you PawPaw? Retard.
Don Webb

Charlotte, NC

#6 Sep 22, 2014
Luanne didn't write obituaries. She did the want ad page when she first went to the EJ. They put her doing copy and paste up. She's not a bad writer but you are right about one thing. She is not going to buck up against the Wingate U crowd. The paper will be like THEY want it, not what she wants. if they keep it like the last 3 or 4 issues they aren't going to sell any subscriptions.
hole in the wall

Arlington, VA

#7 Sep 23, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are going to continue to loose subscribers".
----------
"LOOSE" subscribers????? Didn't quite make it through 6th grade did you PawPaw? Retard.
Luvnut you need your ass beat
Peter Reacharound

Charlotte, NC

#8 Sep 23, 2014
Luanne was the editor of the EJ for several years and a great writer. She moved out of county because of her husbands job. Welcome back!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 26, 2014
The paper has improved remarkably since Luanne took over. The story on the Boll Weevil Festival was very well done. Luanne's writing style is engaging. Such an improvement over the "cold" writing of the TV reporter! The University would do well to let Journalism majors work with Luanne. She's a keeper!
Justmyopinion

Charlotte, NC

#10 Sep 26, 2014
The paper is continuing to improve. There's no way you can please everyone. There's a lot of hard work that goes into putting a paper out. I'm just glad Marshville has a paper. I love Lois Brewer's column. She brings back a lot of memories.
NoBS

Charlotte, NC

#11 Sep 29, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
"They are going to continue to loose subscribers".
----------
"LOOSE" subscribers????? Didn't quite make it through 6th grade did you PawPaw? Retard.
You need to take the word "retard" out of your vocaculary. Do you have any idea how hurtful this word can be? Have some compassion and empathy for folks with disabilities and go wash your mouth out with soap!
NoBS

Charlotte, NC

#13 Sep 29, 2014
To Luvnut...I meant vocabulary. I didn't want you to focus on my spelling typos and miss the point of my message.
Dauphine Eggers

Charlotte, NC

#15 Oct 1, 2014
It will be intresting to see what Mrs Aquavelva writes about this weak. Last weak she wrote about Jesus. She is a Cathlic. I don't no much about Cathlics but they love Jesus, the pope and Mary in that order. You are supposed to rub your Roserybeads and ask Mary to put Jesus on the phone when you say a prayer. Some people think Cathlics worship the pope which isn't true. He is like the big daddy preacher over all the Cathlic preachers they call prests. The presets all wear their shirts on backwards to show off the coller. It is hard to button up a shirt that way (I tried it). All the presets have to speak in latin. They make signs like a cross in the air and say stuff like "E pluribus unum Esse quam videri" which nobody except Jesus, the pope and Mary understand. The rest of us are just out of luck I guess. All the Cathlics play bingo. It is a requirement. If you are no good at Bingo they send you to a monestary to be a monk or a nun depending on your sex orientation. Speaking of the hokey pokey being a Cathlic and fooling around has to be awfully confusing. Some do and some don't if you get my drift. Those that do have babies and those that don't have nun and that's how they got that name.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2014
Another big improvement is the Home News having a website. John E. didn't think one was necessary. I think it helps build interest in articles in the paper. You can find it at WWW.ourhomepaper.com The paper this week was very good. I'm looking forward to articles by students in Doctor Cannon's writing classes. He is an excellent teacher and writer himself. I like human interest stories like people's interesting hobbies, interests and jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another new town manager?????? Aug 14 todd2869 2
Let's play Marshville Jeopardy (Jun '10) Jul '16 Badger 599
How bad is your Windstream DSL? (Nov '11) Jul '16 Driver1979 24
FHHS to change school colors and mascot Jul '16 Get Real 2
Post Office May '16 Downtowner 1
Poll Should the old MaLeck building in Wingate be ra... (Nov '09) May '16 Billy Braswell 43
News Polkton considers cemetery takeover (Oct '15) Oct '15 TobHud 3

Polkton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages