Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Marshville water pump station sits on Irby's land. It was put there with the understanding that Irby would get free water in exchange for letting them put it there. Unfortunately nothing was put down in writing. All this time Irby has been paying taxes on the land under where the pump sits and he has been getting free water.

The town decided to tighten up on freeloaders and folks not paying their water bills. Irby starts getting water bills. He says the town should continue to give him free water as long as the pump station is on his land. His lawyer told him not to pay and if they cut the water off to tell the town to come get their pump station off his land.

Now the town is saying they might use Imminent Domain laws to take (steal) Irby's land under the pump.
old frt

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

That just ain't right!! What in the hell is wrong with this town???? I hope his lawyers rips them a new one!
Citizen

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

If the Town Manager had any kind of a personality and knew how to deal with people none of this would have happened. Instead she had to make a federal case out of it. Now let's see what Mr. Laney does. More power to him!!
Pookie

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

There was a time when a gentlemen's handshake meant something. This country was founded on this principle even when you could't read or write. I wonder how much of Marshvlle was developed using this method. Sometimes common sense is lost on progress. The agreement should be grandfathered and Mr. Laney thanked as well as the other property owners in the same position. Why stir up this mess? Maybe he needs to post the property? We are allowing our town to progress without takng care of our people. We are backing you all the way, Mr. Laney.
PawPaw Godwin

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

If it would have been me I would put a big tall fence around it and top it with bobwire and have a sign on it saying no trespassing. He can do that bcause it is his property. Then when something goes wrong or they have to do maintenance on the pump he should charge the town a bunch of money to let the workers on his property. that would fix their greedy ass.

Jon you can publish this in the paper WITH MY NAME by God. I know you read this topics.
silly wabbit

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

We all should raise hell in defense of Mr. Laney. Whats being done to him is a crying shame. Shame on that new town manager. Would starting a petition or something help?
Marshville Knight

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

yes a petition would certainly help. get one started and pass it around town, start with the business owners. tell these libs to get rid of the woman in charge.
Stacey E Lemmon

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

We believe that Mr. Laney deserves the "Free Water" ... He had a "Verbal Agreement" with the back-stabbing corrupt folk who run this Town... and then ( Are we really surprised)change their "Policies"...
He Should put up a fence and "Charge" them to enter his property....!!!
Citizen

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Stacey E Lemmon wrote:
We believe that Mr. Laney deserves the "Free Water" ... He had a "Verbal Agreement" with the back-stabbing corrupt folk who run this Town... and then ( Are we really surprised)change their "Policies"...
He Should put up a fence and "Charge" them to enter his property....!!!
He did, his picture was on the front page of The Home News!
Stacey E Lemmon

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Good for Him.... Maybe now they will "work" with him instead of doing him wrong...
Bobby Marsh

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

I don't stay in town so I don't have no say but I will say it don't seem right the way the town of Marshville done Irby and them. if they ain't going to give them free water they ought to pay rent for having that pump station on his property.
hole in the wall

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Give him the free water.Things are going to change
MPRD

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Sure Irby will have a better audience for his concerns with a new council.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Polkton Discussions

Search the Polkton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
new long john silvers in marshville 14 min Pops 11
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 16 min Ben 49,353
New town manager hired 20 hr Taxed to Death 19
Marshville's New town manager Thu RobinHood 1
St. Judes Event Held April 12th Wed Gail Kiker 1
New Bar Shawnigans is BUST/FAIL Apr 14 Facebook To 12
Home-News Apr 13 luvnut 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Polkton Jobs

•••
•••