Marshville man accused of 2 murders spanning 24 years

Aug 12, 2014 Full story: WCNC-TV Charlotte 10

Marshville man accused of 2 murders spanning 24 years Marshville man accused of 2 murders spanning 24 years Check out this story on WCNC.com: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/12/marshville-man-accused-of-2-murders-spanning-24-years/13940177/ MONROE, N.C. -- A Marshville man was charged in connection with two murders that occurred 24 ... (more)

Full Story

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 12, 2014
Who names their kid "Clyde" LOL?!?!? Oh yea, it's M-town! BTW, he IS a 2nd cousin LOL. Cousin Eddie Clyde. Too funny.
No Joking

Matthews, NC

#2 Aug 12, 2014
luvnut wrote:
Who names their kid "Clyde" LOL?!?!? Oh yea, it's M-town! BTW, he IS a 2nd cousin LOL. Cousin Eddie Clyde. Too funny.
Two people lost their lives in a cold-blooded and cowardly manner. The one of them I knew was a kind and very decent person.
I don't see one damn thing in any of this situation that warrants jokes being made about it!!!!

Your comments are stupid and disgusting. Are you satisfied in being known for that?
Or maybe someone that would name themselves 'Luvnut' just can't do any better!!
Tom Edwards

Wingate, NC

#3 Aug 12, 2014
Mr Godwin was a good man and would help anyone he knew. To be ambushed, shot and left to die in mortal pain and suffering was a cowardly act. The killer will probably cop a plea so they can get evidence on the other case. That way he won't get a death sentence. He should not be allowed to plea. Jury trial and a 1st degree charge!
GrownUp

Matthews, NC

#4 Aug 14, 2014
luvnut wrote:
Wow! A new low!

Just a sad little troll making insensitive remarks safely online, about a tragic and hurtful situation to so many people, hoping to irritate someone.
What a pathetic way to try to make yourself relevant. Grow up!
Woodshop

Charlotte, NC

#5 Aug 14, 2014
Luvnut isn't going to grow up. He works with bunch of kids at Forest Hills.
GrownUp

Matthews, NC

#6 Aug 15, 2014
Woodshop wrote:
Luvnut isn't going to grow up. He works with bunch of kids at Forest Hills.
I would surely hope that this jacka$$ isn't someone working with kids.
Could explain a few of their problems though!
JohnHamhock

Indian Trail, NC

#7 Aug 16, 2014
luvnut wrote:
Who indeed! Well, to start with, a good man, Carl Helms and his wife. Clyde may or may not be guilty, I am inclined to think he did do it, but his family have done nothing, and is a damn good family. I have known them for most of my life, knew Charles Godwin just as long and his family are damn fine people too.
hole in the wall

Newark, NJ

#8 Aug 16, 2014
JohnHamhock wrote:
<quoted text>
Who indeed! Well, to start with, a good man, Carl Helms and his wife. Clyde may or may not be guilty, I am inclined to think he did do it, but his family have done nothing, and is a damn good family. I have known them for most of my life, knew Charles Godwin just as long and his family are damn fine people too.
I agree ......
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#9 Aug 16, 2014
JohnHamhock wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree totally with good families from the deceased and the Helms family- I also agree with may or may not be guilty-so sad for all involved-I hope if Clyde did do it-they can prove without a shadow of a doubt-he did- alot of people talking about this right now- is he guilty or is this a scape goat tactic? I personally want to know the truth-I have known Clyde for over 30 years....and right now I am not sure they have the right person...maybe they do but will be shocked if he did...just does not seem like someone that would murder two people...but you never know people these days...just hope the truth prevails...for all involved...and this absolutely does not reflect any negativity on his family...and so sorry for the loss of two peoples lives and there families...
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#10 Aug 16, 2014
Tom Edwards wrote:
Mr Godwin was a good man and would help anyone he knew. To be ambushed, shot and left to die in mortal pain and suffering was a cowardly act. The killer will probably cop a plea so they can get evidence on the other case. That way he won't get a death sentence. He should not be allowed to plea. Jury trial and a 1st degree charge!
Agree-no plea jury trial....People want to know the truth- I do...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Draft Pinky Marsh for County Commissioner Sat luvnut 3
Double homicide in Marshville any clue who it m... (Aug '12) Dec 26 willow bass 20
NC principal under investigation for allegedly ... (May '14) Dec 22 Why Not 13
Hi Neighbors! Dec 21 indianaheart 10
Liquor Store Dec 20 sassy 123 1
Town Manager Amanda Reid (Mar '14) Dec 18 fmj 53
Pinky Marsh (Feb '14) Dec 17 pinky marsh 73
Polkton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Polkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Polkton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Polkton