Amanda Reid Resigns
Citizen

Columbus, NC

#1 Dec 19, 2013
So I guess by now everyone has seen the newspaper, "Town Manager Leaving Marshville", all I can say is praise the Lord. The Lord has blessed this town once again, saving us from destruction. What a wonderful Christmas present for us all. Just wondering if she gave a reason? Heard she was not fired because the board was split by color. Anyone got the scoop on that? Lets here fellow survivors.
Main St Business Owner

Indian Trail, NC

#2 Dec 20, 2013
She been in town for a year and never been in my business.
Elm Street Visionary

Charlotte, NC

#3 Dec 21, 2013
Main St Business Owner wrote:
She been in town for a year and never been in my business.
You've hit on one of the complaints about her tenure as town manager. Many people say she was out of touch. Unlike Bennett, Munn and Webber she had no connection to anyone in the community. She never really reached out to the community. Some people found her to be stand offish and others outright unfriendly. Add to that the "wall" she had installed which physically separated her from Marshville. That sent the wrong message to anyone who entered town hall.

I spoke with her on two occasions about some town business in which I had an interest. I found her to be knowledgeable but a little curt both times. The second time she cut me off and walked away without answering me directly. That was uncomfortable.
Ian Fleming

Indian Trail, NC

#4 Dec 22, 2013
Bi+ch need to go s00n..............pleasssse
Frank of Pilot Mountain

Mount Airy, NC

#5 Sep 17, 2015
Citizen wrote:
So I guess by now everyone has seen the newspaper, "Town Manager Leaving Marshville", all I can say is praise the Lord. The Lord has blessed this town once again, saving us from destruction. What a wonderful Christmas present for us all. Just wondering if she gave a reason? Heard she was not fired because the board was split by color. Anyone got the scoop on that? Lets here fellow survivors.
She just got caned by Pilot Mountain ...and THANK GOD...Every town needs to know what has happened in your town and ours
Marshville Knight

Debary, FL

#6 Sep 17, 2015
Frank, where you been for the past 2 years? We warned you, wrote to the paper there, and even called your town hall. All to no avail, and she got you guys too! Good luck in the recovery.
Pubiz

Bunnlevel, NC

#7 Sep 18, 2015
Marshville Knight wrote:
Frank, where you been for the past 2 years? We warned you, wrote to the paper there, and even called your town hall. All to no avail, and she got you guys too! Good luck in the recovery.
Did you speak to her when you called the town hall? Which paper? I'd love to see that letter published. In fact, please send it to them again. She really stuck it to us. No doubt she is curled up somewhere with her red bull and cigarettes trolling social media and the newspaper just loving the drama she has created. Looking for her next victim.
Stacey Lemmon

Matthews, NC

#8 Nov 20, 2015
The Rats know when to leave a Sinking Ship.... did not our last one quit as well....????

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 20, 2015
Elm Street Visionary wrote:
<quoted text>
You've hit on one of the complaints about her tenure as town manager. Many people say she was out of touch. Unlike Bennett, Munn and Webber she had no connection to anyone in the community. She never really reached out to the community. Some people found her to be stand offish and others outright unfriendly. Add to that the "wall" she had installed which physically separated her from Marshville. That sent the wrong message to anyone who entered town hall.
I spoke with her on two occasions about some town business in which I had an interest. I found her to be knowledgeable but a little curt both times. The second time she cut me off and walked away without answering me directly. That was uncomfortable.
She was "curt"? That is SO Aunt Bea of you Norma! TOO funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wadesboro man accused of raping child - Aug 14 curiousityCAT 2
Marshville town council Jul 31 West phifer 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Bill G. Braswell as Mayor? Jul 23 Sybil Shearin 1
Wingate Man Kilt By Lawn Mower (Aug '11) Jul '17 Redneck 24
Marshville sewer status Jul '17 MAGA 6
looking to buy (Jul '15) Jun '17 Happybuyer 2
Political Propaganda at FHHS-nazi play this wee... Jun '17 Crill Bigsby 4

Polkton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages