Investing in Marshville?

Investing in Marshville?

Posted in the Polkton Forum

Since: Jul 14

Ellijay, GA

#1 Jul 6, 2014
Hi, I'm considering purchasing the old Marshville Baptist Church for the purpose of running ONLY weddings on weekends. No alcohol would be permitted on site and all occasions would be required to be completely over by 11pm.

This could bring hundreds of new people to Marshville every week. It Could also help businesses in town and usually adds new jobs (operations, event managers, sales, etc.)

Please let me know if you think this would be a good idea for Marshville. If enough people agree, we'll approach the city council about the concept.

Thank you for your feedback.
Justin Tyme

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2014
As a life long resident of the area and past business owner, remember one thing. Except for a few niche exceptions no one in this county goes east to shop or spend money. So plan on your base of customers to come from east and south of Marshville. And no alcohol, go ahead and buy fireworks with your money. You will get more enjoyment!!!!
NotherDreamer

Matthews, NC

#3 Jul 7, 2014
Would not recommend investing your money or time in such a venue. The neighborhood citizens do not want such a venue center in their backyards, which only brings noise, traffic, problems, all of which are not needed in town. How many do you plan to book with "no alcohol"? I have been to absolutely "0" weddings that were alcohol -free, maybe 100 with free alcohol, but not one alcohol-free. Cant see it working. And further I believe the area is not zoned for business. This city council would not consider re-zoning, they didnt even rezone the corner near the post office for a doctors office, and everything else in that area is everything but residential. Take some advice, dont waste your time or money.
joy

Waxhaw, NC

#4 Jul 7, 2014
Anything would be better beside the post office than that 2 story eyesore! I'm sure the planning had their reasons, like "we already have a doctor's office", or "that might make Dr. Henry angry". I guess it would be great lot for some more gubment homes.
Coach

Huntersville, NC

#5 Jul 8, 2014
Bring on the event center! There would be no more traffic than the Church brought. People have events without alcohol all the time! Believe it or not some people don't need to drink to have a good time. You have my vote!
Marshville Neighbor

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jul 8, 2014
Coach wrote:
Bring on the event center! There would be no more traffic than the Church brought. People have events without alcohol all the time! Believe it or not some people don't need to drink to have a good time. You have my vote!
Absolutely!!! We aren't all drinkers.
Main St Man

Waxhaw, NC

#7 Jul 11, 2014
I will drink to that, but not to a events center in a church with no parking and noise to wake up the dead. Go away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FHHS to change school colors and mascot Jun 5 Don Webb 1
Post Office May '16 Downtowner 1
Poll Should the old MaLeck building in Wingate be ra... (Nov '09) May '16 Billy Braswell 43
With the bypass coming, is it time for Marshvil... May '16 Haywood U Buzzoff 1
Murder on Lanesboro Road (Aug '12) Apr '16 Brittney Clemmons 11
What are they building.... Apr '16 Dauphine Eggers 3
El Vallarte (Aug '15) Apr '16 luvnut 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages