2014 behavorial detention center update

Posted in the Polkton Forum

Pookie

Matthews, NC

#1 Jan 7, 2014
So it is now 2014 and the gossip has died down on the DETENTION CENTER. While we were enjoying the holidays on Nov. 27, 2013 the property was purchased for the DETENTION CENTER. IT IS A DONE DEAL. For $588,500 C.W. Horne arranged our future residence facility for us. The property on Hasty Road has been cleared and will now in the future house our neglected youth that are uncontrollable. HAPPY NEW YEAR MARSHVILLE. Our property taxes will go up, our water pressure down and we will be housing more problems for the community to deal with. Not a word has been said about the Anderson Behavorial Health Inc. but we are already getting ready to supply water and sewer to the property. It is time we heard about this company and made sure they are competent to control their situation. The information about them is very minimal and the parties involved are ghosts. Why can't we get a full presentation of this project and decide if we really want this here? It seems that the Town has already given its blessing. It certainly has gone to bat for something that has no accurate information. Look them up on line. The only name listed is Alfred Owens and he is unknown in the healthcare circle. What is everybody hiding? It might be too late for the property sale BUT I hope it is not too late for town to wake up and see we need business that is NOT a liability to us. I for one am against this going forward. Watch the papers and attend the meeting (if it happens) to see what Amanda and Mayor Deese have up their sleeve next. Remember she is leaving and will not have to deal with this. WE WILL
Voter

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 8, 2014
Mrs. Morgan demanded that Anderson come to the council and make a presentation. Let's see if Frank or Amanda makes that happen?
Voter

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 8, 2014
Don't forget WHO voted all this in, Bivens, Bridget and Huntley...............the three who have sealed Marshville's fate.
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#4 Mar 13, 2014
Presentationon ANDERSON PROJECT MONDAY NIGHT 6-7 PM IN OLD LIBRARY per Home News

PLEASE ATTEND
Taxpayer

Matthews, NC

#5 Mar 13, 2014
Yes, 6 - 7, made it early to try to STOP people from attending.........go and listen to the presenters of this holding pen for young welfare teens, just a holding pen until they are 18, then they will be released to the streets, do a major crime, and be sent to prison.

Their crack ho mothers can no longer control them, they will send them to the holding pen, and medicaid will pay for them. They sayd they are "voluntarily" admitted. The mothers can no longer handle having them at home. They have been a problem in the public schools. The taxpayers will pay, because they are juveniles. These people have learned how to work the system. It will be minimum wage jobs and once the kids age out, they will go onto the streets of Marshville to be charged and convicted of real crimes and put in prison. Pitiful, just pitiful.

These kids have behavorial problems because their mothers and fathers were using meth or crack when they were conceived. The children are innocent, yet all us working people have to PAY and PAY for their parents mistakes.

It is all about medicaid and money. If you don't realize that then you are woefully out of touch with reality.
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#6 Mar 15, 2014
PLEASE ATTEND PRESENTATION AND LET THEM KNOW WE DO NO WANT THIS HERE.
It seems the church thinks it is a positive for Marshville. They certainly do not live in the present community. Who would want this type of facility in the neighborhood. Maybe they need to concentrate on getting our current youth off the streets. Not everyone attends youth groups. Not everyone is in school activities. We need other things for them to do. Maybe something for all races to enjoy. Churches still do not pull people together. Just the select few. Now they want to add more trouble to the mix. Great thinking.
Pay Attention

Matthews, NC

#7 Mar 16, 2014
Please attend the presentation of Anderson Health Services at the community center 6-7 Monday night. That is St. Patrick's Day, 6 - 7 then you can go drink green beer at the new local tavern.

If you don't, then don't come on here and moan and whine about it when it is built and the kids are escaping and coming in to your home for money to run with.

I will be there. Even if I have to park two blocks away and walk. Remember, Deese, Bivens, Huntley and Bridget plotted this and got it through. I don't believe there is any way of stopping it. They voted to satellite annex the land and to zone it to meet the needs of this facility. Remember this come next election, when there are more gunshots to the back of people's heads and more robberies and petty crimes than our police can handle. This might have something to do with the recent retirement announcement of the Chief. He is anticipating a lot of trouble and doesn't want to get shot right at the end of his career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish we could vote on Fern Shubert! 11 hr Yep 5
Pappys in Marshville. Really? 23 hr Randy thomas 15
Pinky Marsh & Clyde Helms Apr 16 Shane 11
Do it yourself teeth whitening (May '10) Apr 14 lonnie 25
Pappy's Opened Mar 30 Jim 7
Dan Edwards Murder Trial (Jan '10) Mar 29 hole in the wall 23
Name of Elementary School back in the 1970's Nov '14 sutherngrace 1
More from around the web

Polkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE