First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marshville Citizen 19

Nicholasville, KY

#21 Sep 19, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on. Marshville is home & always will be but I had to go. Good people & life for the most part but NO future.
So does that mean you won't be here for boll weevil to see all the 250 lb women? They'll all have on stretch pants and t shirts.
Old Tired Citizen

Columbus, NC

#22 Dec 15, 2013
After reading several subjects posted here and sleeping on all I read, I see there are still some citizens out here that have not ginen up on this town they call home. My work is out of town, as my occupation dictates I travel to the city each day, but I do return to my home each night. AND I am concerned we have continued to decline each year for many now. Life here has NOT gotten any better. We were forced to pay for a trash can, whether or not we use it, and also they now provide a recycle can as well, no extra charge. Good deal if you need the service, but wondering if the trash contractor dumps the recycle cans for free to the town. Has the town taken the burden of the this fee? I am sure they dont get it for free. I was told there were about 200 citizens forced to pay for trash service since this new mandate took effect. Is that enough to pay the extra charges for everyone to have a personal recycle can? Someone has to pay to empty the recycle cans, it cant be free. Are we not being informed by our elected officials? I would like to see the bill from the collector this year compared to when we had our own recycle center. Why pay for a service when we can make money doing our own recycling?
Heaven forbid you forget to pay your water bill on time. Have read where many citizens have been charged late fees, and had water valve turned off even for paying a day late. Where does this money go?
Read where they charge the citizens for other things that should be free as well, just to come and check your water meter to see if you have a leak is a hefty fee. Think they would want to stop any waste for our citizens. Seems we went from a healthy, God fearing, loving, helping, neighborly community to a anti citizen community. Talk every election season is change, yet we continue to flutter. Lets find the cause of this, whatever it may be, and change it.
hole in the wall

Orange, NJ

#23 Dec 16, 2013
Brainwashed obama lovers your all a joke
PawPaw Godwin

Charlotte, NC

#24 Dec 18, 2013
Well town have to raise money to pay for the services they have to give to the people that live inside the town limits. Now you take that garbage collecting the first fellow was bitching about having to pay for. I don't know about yall but I like the garbage collecting. Since I already have garbage collection supplied by the town it would be pretty STUPID of me to pay someone else to come around and pick up my trash. it might be a little cheaper but Marshville's service is dependable and they do an excellent job. Now, I will admit sometimes I get a yearning to load a bunch of crap on my pickup and drive out to the dump. I don't know why I do that. I could put it in the container and set it by the curb but there is something about a man hauling trash that is appealing to me. It must be a man thing. I don't mind the stink and I don't mind giving that lady in the trailer a few dollars after she weighs my pickup.

Now about water. It is high but not as high as some places I have lived. My bill was really high last year and I called Gene Stewart Plumbing Co. Old Gene found a leak in the pipe that runs from the road to my house. It was just a little leak but it would have gotten a whole lot worse in freezing weather like we have now. Gene had to dig up part of my pretty Fescue lawn to put in a new pipe. It cost me but my water bill has been a lot cheaper.

I figure what I pay the town of Marshville is about worth what I'm getting. I appreciate the Marshville Police and the job they are doing. It's a tough job but I hope we are paying those men good. I wouldn't mind paying a little more taxes to make sure we keep a good police department. I appreciate the Marshville public works and the job they do keeping the streets from having potholes and keeping them clean and all.

I have lived in Polkton and I can tell you right off we are a whole lot better off here. If you call the law in Polkton it will take 20 minutes or more before somebody can get there. The streets are a mess all the time with hot dog wrappers and old cups and other papers blowing around. You have to haul your own garbage or pay some company out of Wadesboro that charges an arm and a leg. I have also lived in Hamlet and you want to talk about high taxes Wow! they must work for Obama there. Crime here is sort of bad, in Hamlet it's awful.
MRPAUL

Columbus, NC

#25 Dec 18, 2013
PawPaw you are correct, as it is your opinion and you have a right to have it. But I ask you about the person that doesnt want or need trash collection. Should he be forced to pay for it if he aint using it? My boss has this issue, lives in Marshville, but has a business in Wingate where he pays a dumpster service. Why should he pay for a can he needs not? The town pays the collection company per can, not as a whole, all they need to do is subtract one can per citizen that dont want it. The town wont have to pay. The deal is they make a profit per trash can and force everyone to pay for the service whether or not they want it so as they get their cut. Still think its fair PawPaw?
Your taxes pay for such services as Police, and you do get a deal since they do provide a good force to watch over things. You shouldnt have to pay more taxes for better service, we have good service now. Dont give this manager any ideas.
The fellas in Public works bust their butts to make the town look good, but they get little appreciation for it. As some people would say it, "they lucky to have a job". Obama people that is. The facts are the town employees work hard, are capable of their jobs, respect their positions, respect the citizens they serve. Job well done by employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder on Lanesboro Road (Aug '12) Tue Destinweybass 12
David Traywick (Sep '12) Tue Tommy Griffin 62
News Wadesboro man accused of raping child - Aug '17 curiousityCAT 2
Marshville town council Jul '17 West phifer 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Bill G. Braswell as Mayor? Jul '17 Sybil Shearin 1
Wingate Man Kilt By Lawn Mower (Aug '11) Jul '17 Redneck 24
Marshville sewer status Jul '17 MAGA 6

Polkton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages